Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? - Food (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? (40292 Views)

What Food Do You Consider Overhyped In Terms Of Taste? (picture) / What Food Can You Eat Everyday And Not Get Tired? / What Food Is Forbidden In Your Culture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Slimsly100(f): 11:13pm On Apr 14, 2020
Legitdimple:
Well,in my place cocoyam is forbidden. I dey chop am steady for my house sha, when dem do sacrifice with cocoyam I no dey there,wetin I no know,no go know me. Besides,how I'm a suppose to cook "akidi" without cocoyam? Cocoyam all the way!!!

Are you from Egbema
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Legitdimple(f): 11:35pm On Apr 14, 2020
Slimsly100:

Are you from Egbema
Nope,I'm from Kogi State,Igala-Mela/Odolu LGA. Igbo language is what is being spoken in my place I guess cos of their proximity with the Nsukka people from Ibagwa. Funny how the Nigerian map is though!
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Nobody: 12:36am On Apr 15, 2020
We don't take palm wine made from palm trees.
We only take 'oguro' as we call it here.
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by tpiar: 2:20am On Apr 15, 2020
jubrilELsudan:

I AM VERY STUPID AND VERY DAFT.

I MUST LEARN TO STOP CATCHING FEELINGS AND STOP BEING SO SENSITIVE LIKE A DOG ON HEAT.

IF I FIND IT DIFFICULT TO MOVE ON AFTER READING COMMENTS AND TAKE IT PERSONAL THEN I SHOULD GET HELP CAUSE CLEARLY I HAVE UNDERLINING MENTAL HEALTH ISSUE.

CORONA FALL INSIDE MY ANUS.

Mods!

What do I need to type to draw your attention to this person!

Is s/he your friend (or a mod) and that's why you refuse to ban him/her ?
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by MichaelBukamzy(m): 4:36am On Apr 15, 2020
Pierced:
Dogs.

Modified......I am from Enugu state. Enugu Ezike. According to what I heard..... If u knowingly eat dogs.....u will av rashes in ur tongue and ur lips.
Nwanemchi.i'm from enugu ezike too but my part eats it(i have too even though i dont like it),some parts of enugu ezike see it as taboo though.i prefer pork
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by jerrykokolet(m): 8:11am On Apr 15, 2020
eat anything edible
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by jerrykokolet(m): 8:13am On Apr 15, 2020
pls fellow nairalander i need real estate jobs in abuja
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by rickyjoe(m): 1:04pm On Apr 15, 2020
Forget all this forbidden food, me I dey eat snail like no man business and mind u I am Ukwuani in and out. I had to ask my late Father the reason they don't eat snail, and he told me because of the rituals they use it to perform that I'm free to eat as long as I don't partake in the rituals. My broda since then I don begin eat am and nothing happen. My mum still don't eat or prepare it in the house though. Eat as long as u are a christian and nothiong go happen.
Ishilove:
Snails. Ukwuani land.

I've never eaten snails, will never knowingly eat them. If one unknowingly eats them, you're supposed to induce vomiting. If you can't, you're to go for ceremonial cleansing.
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Ishilove: 1:14pm On Apr 15, 2020
rickyjoe:
Forget all this forbidden food, me I dey eat snail like no man business and mind u I am Ukwuani in and out. I had to ask my late Father the reason they don't eat snail, and he told me because of the rituals they use it to perform that I'm free to eat as long as I don't partake in the rituals. My broda since then I don begin eat am and nothing happen. My mum still don't eat or prepare it in the house though. Eat as long as u are a christian and nothiong go happen.
Even if nothing go happen, I've been raised with the knowledge that it's a taboo and I can't change that mindset at this stage of my life. I can't even eat from a pot that snails were cooked in.
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by izzou(m): 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:

Even if nothing go happen, I've been raised with the knowledge that it's a taboo and I can't change that mindset at this stage of my life. I can't even eat from a pot that snails were cooked in.

undecided
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Ishilove: 1:34pm On Apr 15, 2020
izzou:

undecided
You've got sass wink

You've got class cool

You got the lips to kiss my ass kiss
cheesy
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by izzou(m): 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:

You've got sass wink

You've got class cool

You got the lips to kiss my ass kiss
cheesy

You no gree give me the ass na grin

But jokes apart, even if you ain't dropping the orientation about snails, please don't pass it to your kids abeg... sad
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Ishilove: 2:19pm On Apr 15, 2020
izzou:

You no gree give me the ass na grin

But jokes apart, even if you ain't dropping the orientation about snails, please don't pass it to your kids abeg... sad
You are using this lockdown as an excuse not to see the ass na grin

Seriously, I will use mallet to hammer the orientation into my children's heads. angry
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by izzou(m): 2:25pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:

You are using this lockdown as an excuse to to see the ass na grin

Seriously, I will use mallet to hammer the orientation into my children's heads. angry

Huh? undecided
I rest my case lipsrsealed
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Ishilove: 2:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
izzou:

Huh? undecided
I rest my case lipsrsealed
That's how I was raised and that's how I will raise mine.
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by izzou(m): 2:27pm On Apr 15, 2020
Ishilove:

That's how I was raised and that's how I will raise mine.

No problem ma'am cool
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:44pm On Apr 15, 2020
MzTunechi:
Rice grin
sister good evening
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by ORBLIGHTS(m): 11:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
MY LINAGE DON'T EAT PU.SSY(we don't give head, be it pink hole, hairy hole, clean hole or any other hole. we wouldn't eat)

too classy to do shits
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by Chimasoka: 9:49am On Apr 17, 2020
I just finished preparing this delicious and yummy Ofe Nsala AKA White Soup.

How to Prepare Native Ofe Nsala | White Soup the Native Way

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9gDltc1bZU

Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by lekan3531(m): 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
tpiar:

No idea what you're saying, is your comment for whoever bumped the thread.

That was me, but you seem very beefed, prior aggravation from somewhere perhaps?

Na Ogun go kill u.....
Tell dem ur papa and brother for house make den go use dia malaria drugs....
Awon omo oloriburuku somebody

It was an over site from me taught it was d topic I clicked on case up....
Re: What Food Items Are Taboo In Your Traditional Nigerian Culture? by toprealman: 10:31pm On Dec 25, 2020
Ishilove:
Snails. Ukwuani land.

I've never eaten snails, will never knowingly eat them. If one unknowingly eats them, you're supposed to induce vomiting. If you can't, you're to go for ceremonial cleansing.
For real?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

See This Fire Wood Cooking Stove Invented By A Nigerian / Hardship: 5 Cheap Soups You Can Cook With N1000 In Nigeria / Pictures From Amala Hangout In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.