Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash (79655 Views)

My 4-Year-Old Daughter Keeps Telling Mysterious Stories About Her Past Life / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? / My Husband Smells My Underwear Everytime I Return Home – Woman Tells Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
Adebowalay:
that's d point where parental guidance is adviced...keep telling him every time he will learn... train a child d way he should go... U know d rest
.. We do,but you know atimes,these kids also learn from the environment.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by just4fun(m): 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
I think u shud create that bond with him where u can easily COMMUNICATE with him ?

If it were my Boy, I will jokingly ask him WHO TOLD YOU ? In some cases, his response will his best friend in school or classmate. If i am not satisfied with his comment, I will correct him and ask him to tell his friend that me- His Daddy said it is a lie .Trust me, he alwaz believe that Daddy is always right.

So in essence, create that closeness to him so that you cud also teach and correct him.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Nobody: 1:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
Brazenbabe:

Typical, predictable, sex obsessed thing
When you cant come up with an intelligent response to a woman, insult her vagina. Boring.
The earlier you unlearn and relearn, the better for your stale life.

Intelligent responses are for intelligent people. Even in the Bible women are acknowledged as having no reasonable thing to say. Why else would they be banned from speaking in church?

5 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by SolarEdge: 1:42pm On Feb 11, 2020
Alright
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Nobody: 1:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
ivolt:

Fake clout chasers everywhere.

Who knows what you do offline.

Yeah I wash my wife's pant. Go and fantasize over that. Smh.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by jk1e(m): 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
The child is right, washing is for ladies,let's not forget we have tradition, why should a married man watch?or better still buy washing machine. Me as a person I hate washing.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by toprealman: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
How Do I Make My 4years Old Son Understand Or S He Still Too Young

Happy Sunday my fellow Nairalanders. Sure we all are cool?

Sorry to bother you all but I have been worried since what transpired between myself and my son who will be 4yrs by June this year.

I was not able to go to church today due to the fact that I just came back from travel very late yesterday night.

So I was asleep when my wife and my two sons left for service. I woke up around some minutes after 12 noon and decided to wash some of the undies I wore during my journey.

As I was doing that, my wife and kids came back and my son rushed straight to my room shouting daddy daddy, when I answered from the bathroom and he came in and saw me washing, the question he asked me has been making me uncomfortable.

He said "Daddy, why are you washing? Are you a girl? Before he could finish that my wife walked in and said to him, Don't worry, very soon you will start washing your clothes by yourself but what got me more worried was his reply. He told my wife that he won't wash his cloths that it's girls that are supposed to be washing.

Honestly, I'm worried, will he out grow this mentality?

I need a wide coverage, please.
That's what you guys have consciously or unconsciously fed into his "virgin" brain.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Uyi168: 1:44pm On Feb 11, 2020
phlegmatic007:

The boy is not being heartless, he just said his mind and that is ALPHA, but you getting worried and bringing it here so we can teach you how to raise your kid is beta
What's all these silly talks about alpha and beta males ?? ...
Gama nkor??

8 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by MisterKings(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Sorry to bother you all but I have been worried since what transpired between myself and my son who will be 4yrs by June this year.

I was not able to go to church today due to the fact that I just came back from travel very late yesterday night.

So I was asleep when my wife and my two sons left for service. I woke up around some minutes after 12 noon and decided to wash some of the undies I wore during my journey.

As I was doing that, my wife and kids came back and my son rushed straight to my room shouting daddy daddy, when I answered from the bathroom and he came in and saw me washing, the question he asked me has been making me uncomfortable.

He said "Daddy, why are you washing? Are you a girl? Before he could finish that my wife walked in and said to him, Don't worry, very soon you will start washing your clothes by yourself but what got me more worried was his reply. He told my wife that he won't wash his cloths that it's girls that are supposed to be washing.

Whaaaaaatt? Where did he learn that from? Did you give him a sex supremacy lecture in one of your actions or your wife taught him that. Why would he think that or perhaps his play friends have instilled that into him unconsciously.
Please do all you can to get rid of that mentality in your boy before he grows up and expects women to be his slave. Teach him responsibility now that he is young and ask him where he learnt that so you can curb the source, if possible. That is not a good training.

A child should be taught responsibility whether he be a boy or she be a girl. Washing and cooking are not restricted to women learning to change car tyre or working towards being financially stable is not restricted to men.

2 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Glory2DLamb(m): 1:46pm On Feb 11, 2020
bukatyne:

Wash again in front of him and ask him why he thinks only a girl should wash.

No need to go to his school till you ascertain the source is his school.

Forget the idea of going to the school.
Initiate him, instead. He should have been experimenting with his socks since he was 2. It will not be as clean but you would have set him on the path of survival. The washing machine is a good idea but he might find himself somewhere someday where he doesn't have access to a washing machine. The earlier he is initiated, the better.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by gabicon: 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

I don't think you need to worry about anything, your son is in his formative stage, he accepts information from different sources from that he forms a character.
His character is going to align with dominant information he receives, the passive information he receives play a lesser role. So your job as parents will be ensuring that you control the dominant information he receives.

One of the things my father taught me was to be able to take care of myself, there was nothing like woman's work, so learn to cook because you need to eat to survive, you learn to clean in other to stay healthy, nobody is more concerned about your well-being than yourself so take care of yourself. When there is help to do these things accept and appreciate it and when there is non DIY.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Arijude(m): 1:48pm On Feb 11, 2020
Mariangeles:

grin grin grin

If he's old enough to ask such questions, give him you socks to wash.

hahahaha

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Xclusiveme: 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
Washing machine isn't that expensive na
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by AnanseK(m): 1:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

This is due to your orientation. In my community both women and men wash their own clothes. If they can afford it they get a laundryman to do the main washing. Everybody does his own underwears.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Sapputyar6: 1:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
Invest minimum of $20 (~ NGN 7,200) in for€x investments, cryptocurrenci£s like bitcoins etc and get up to 10 % everyday for 20 DAYS. You can start making up to ₦10,000 daily ....
[url=/m7G6ZRd] >>> CLICK HERE NOW TO SIGN UP >>> [/url]

This is completely a side income program where you focus on your day to day activities while earning on the side.
This platform is very legitimate.

LOCAL BANK PAYMENTS, BITCOIN AND ETHEREUM ACCEPTED.

[url=/m7G6ZRd] >>> CLICK HERE NOW TO SIGN UP >>> [/url]

You can WhatsApp < 0 8 0 7 2 9 8 1 5 2 8 > for more details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by thedio(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Just let him known that;if a boy can wear clothes,he must wash them. He will learn the rest while growing up

2 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by mukthar2000(m): 1:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
Uncle its better u change the boy mentality shaperly, let him no that girls are not slaves , couples assist each other in life to build happy families.

7 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by delishpot: 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
Schools and religious institutions are mostly to blame for this.

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by JONNYSPUTE(m): 1:56pm On Feb 11, 2020
gabicon:

I don't think you need to worry about anything, your son is in his formative stage, he accepts information from different sources from that he forms a character.
His character is going to align with dominant information he receives, the passive information he receives play a lesser role. So your job as parents will be ensuring that you control the dominant information he receives.

One of the things my father taught me was to be able to take care of myself, there was nothing like woman's work, so learn to cook because you need to eat to survive, you learn to clean in other to stay healthy, nobody is more concerned about your well-being than yourself so take care of yourself. When there is help to do these things accept and appreciate it and when there is non DIY.

.. I love this. Thanks alot.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Shito90: 1:58pm On Feb 11, 2020
You don't need to be worry. Just wash often in his presence and engage him too in the washing then explain to that not only ladies wash.
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by ogb2020: 1:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
[quote author=JONNYSPUTE post=86519672]How Do I Make My 4years Old Son Understand Or S He Still Too Young

This shows you have not done washing in the house before now ?
or you must have said such or something close to that to his hearing.
Do more of the laundry when he is around, pick his cloths that of your wife and wash.
My land lord once told me while washing that it is the last thing he will do but i found out he pays the wife to have his way in the night. WHO IS THE FOOL BETWEEN ME AND HIM?

1 Like

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by AFONJACOW(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
Shibaraba:
Movies.... Cartoons.... Stories..... Girls always do the chores. Use your washing machine often and allow him help while you're doing it. It should pan out.

Congratulations though, your son is an alpha male. Guide him well
pan out when, who go spoil go spoil, I can vividly remember what happened when I was 2yrs how much more a boy of 4yrs... Some folks are blessed with long memories , so allow it to slid,
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by monex(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
RisenPhoenix:
Don't simp your son, he's right. Just teach him that just as it's a woman's responsibility to take care of those house chores, men also have a responsibility to take care of the home finances.

doing his chores does not make him a simp. A simp is a male who stupidly overvalues women and puts her priorities above all else.

even the MGTOW group will agree that he needs to teach his son to learn how to take care of himself.

2 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by alizma: 2:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

And my mother would have replied him saying my son, you will wash it when the time comes and it won't take away that thing that makes you a man" case close. I remember those days, when my grand Mom will share the compound among us, both male and female had a portion to sweep talk less of Washing your own clothes.

3 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by lucky4west: 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
its still early days he will out grow that mentality, same way my boy felt about cooking now he is learning, start involving him gradually ....he will come around
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Theboss100(m): 2:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Such concern about wanting to change his mind shows a simp mentality. It IS the wife's chore. Tell him that he's right about that but a man can help out with the chores ONLY IF HE WANTS TO, while a man's real chore is about making money for the family.

Otherwise, your approach will empower his wife to make him wash her undies in future and he'll have you to thank for that.
Let me ask u one question. What approach do u suggest for the young lad when he turns 14? Oh the mum or sis or househelp wil do his laundering for him? What abt when he turns 26 plus, probably fending for himself as a barchelor? Pls answer

4 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by iammiracle1(m): 2:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
Oga pls expunge that mentality from his mind, that was how a guy in uni was alienated from others because he was TOO dirty, couldn't do nada to save his life, couldn't cook, wash, clean to brush his teeth sef nah war...he always said he would hammer and have different girls at his beck and call, problem was that nobody wanted to associate with a bum so how could he mix up and learn things that would benefit him to get buoyant? No one loves a sexist much more one that is a pig, teach him to learn to fend for himself so no one would use chores do shakara for him.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Predstan: 2:13pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:

Buy Washer and a dryer. Let them live a good life and stay away from washing
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Martinez39s(m): 2:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
JONNYSPUTE:
.. Walahi me sef dey ask my myself. Na nature?
I used to think like that when I was a very little boy. I remember that it was inculcated into me (though I don't know where and from whom) that men work to earn money and pay the bills and do tough works while women do chores and keep the house. There was man's work and women's. With time, I knew better and acted accordingly. Maybe your son is used to seeing your wife doing the chores and washing while you provide. Don't worry, with time he will understand. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by freecocoahubby(m): 2:16pm On Feb 11, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Intelligent responses are for intelligent people. Even in the Bible women are acknowledged as having no reasonable thing to say. Why else would they be banned from speaking in church?

Don't mind the boring sexually frustrated git! Truth is Brazenbabe actually spends hours ranting on Nairaland because she unfortunately found herself in a long distance marriage where her husband went abroad thus abandoning her to a life of loneliness and sexual frustration.

I pity those who take her rants seriously - constantly repeating the same redundant lines that all e-feminists regurgitate when their little brains cannot conjur up a reasonable response.

Don't waste your time bro.

8 Likes

Re: My 4-Year-Old Son Saw Me Washing My Underwear And Said It's Girl's That Wash by Martinez39s(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
lucky4west:
its still early days he will out grow that mentality, same way my boy felt about cooking now he is learning, start involving him gradually ....he will come around
Exactly! I used to think cleaning the house and cooking were women's work as a little kids but I now do my cooking and cleaning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Why Do Husbands Get Bored Of Their Wives Soon After Wedding? / Police Rescue Anambra Woman Accused Of Killing Husband With Too Much Sex / Met My Son For The First Time Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.