Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,915 members, 7,952,678 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:00 PM

87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank (31852 Views)

Nigeria’s Poverty Rate Will Surpass W’bank 104 Million Estimate Soon – Economist / Nigeria’s Poverty Rate Calls For Worry / FG Dismisses Global Report On Nigeria’s Poverty Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by AFONJACOW(m): 2:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
And south west constitute the remaining fraction of poverty ratio in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by degamemaster(m): 2:18pm On Feb 11, 2020
North is a cursed place with cursed leaders promoting a cursed occultic ideology in the name of religion. That's why they wants to spread their curse to every part of the country especially the East which stands in opposition to all their evil ideologies. But guess what, they will never succeed.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by urahara(m): 2:26pm On Feb 11, 2020
myobjective:

It doesn't really work like that sir, apart from the war-torn northeast most NGO's directly fund project like Polio immunization through the ministry of education and the total value of charity reserved by the Nigeria states is meagre compared to their monthly allocation

And I would like to add , inflating poverty stats is something even the worst governors won't do.

It just makes you look very incompetent.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by myobjective: 2:28pm On Feb 11, 2020
jacoik:
you and your crew did well bro but please stop touring please because if northern almajiries catch you, guy you will be a dead man oooo. I remember what happened to me in 2016 at sabon garri Kano where I went to eat food in the luxury bus park. After I finished my food and dropped the plate, about 15 small small boys rush to eat the remaining of the food I left, omo na so goose pimple full my body and as I brought out my phone to snap na so my friend warn me that if they people catch me then I will be burnt alive. Na so I open my mouth like a person wey don lost for jungle

You know I live in the north and can understand and speak the language. I can easily blend in because I understand the culture and religion of the region very well. On that tour, I have an Hausa-Fulani friend and an Auchi edo brother with me. We decided to go on the tour to have an idea of the social economic difference of each of these regions
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by myobjective: 2:31pm On Feb 11, 2020
degamemaster:
North is a cursed place with cursed leaders promoting a cursed occultic ideology in the name of religion. That's why they wants to spread their curse to every part of the country especially the East which stands in opposition to all their evil ideologies. But guess what, they will never succeed.

North actually have potential but they have been plaque by incompetent leaders that also affect the rest of Nigeria but having a very poor social and economic development has amplify the problem.

1 Like

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by nograv: 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
Awol1:
Congratulations to the north then.

87% poverty rate in your domain. Which means paltry 13% is left to be shared by the East, West and South.

Yet you guys with your born-to-rule mentality wouldn't mind voting a cow into power so long as he's a nortberner instead of someone with the capacity to better your lots.

My anger is that some who are educated also put themselves in this self delusion helping to 0subjugate the illiterate multitude with tribe and religion.

Believe me, if this country breaks today, the poor will eat the rich in the north.

Ndi born-to-rule, dalukwanu!

Harsh but so true...

I have been saying this for years, but only now have people woken up..
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Babalegba(m): 2:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
AFONJACOW:
It must be a living hell living a life like yours.

3 Likes

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Abs76: 2:37pm On Feb 11, 2020
Who are they born to rule those that ruled for fourteen years in last twenty years or those rules for less than seven year stop saying rubbish if you don't have any meaning full thing to say , all regions have their own challenges
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by APOSTLECHUMA: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
POOREST REGION AND THEY ARE FEEDING THE WHOLE NATION, WHICH MEANS THEY CAN FEED THE WHOLE WORLD IF THEY ERADICATE POVERTY FROM THEIR REGION.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Policewoman(f): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2020
valentineuwakwe:

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/87-nigerias-poverty-rate-in-north-world-bank/
Yet the North has been in power for over 40 years. Shame on the Arewa leaders.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Caymen: 2:55pm On Feb 11, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Secession.
[/s]
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Cocolatti(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2020
Viking07:
A colleague of mine just returned from Kebbi state for an assignment and from he said - the highest denomination of money he saw was N200. They have plenty N5 an N10. cheesy
The core North also have the highest amount of mutilated Naira notes in circulation.

2 Likes

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by JasonScoolari: 3:07pm On Feb 11, 2020
AngelicBeing:
Hian, you are smiling at the report, like seriously tongue
There are some things Jason won't react to... I'll rather smile

1 Like

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by saraki2019(m): 3:17pm On Feb 11, 2020
The north must be poor nah seen Jonathan and obasanjo rule for 12 years and the north are left with nothing
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by kokomilala(m): 3:23pm On Feb 11, 2020
The unfortunate set of lived lives in history! This is fact ! And this is where shit happens in this lie called Nigeria.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Fhemmmy: 3:34pm On Feb 11, 2020
And yet they have a lot of money bags there . . . No wonder the money bags there won't want the poor masses to be educated and get information to liberate themselves out of poverty . . . .
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by ajl: 3:38pm On Feb 11, 2020
This is where you confirm you can't believe World Bank or any of these international institutions. So, how about all the poor people in the south? They dont count. That data is a lie. Or is World Bank playing politics in Nigeria now?
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by nams77: 4:02pm On Feb 11, 2020
okefranci:
The major factor that caused this is low level or no education at all , therefore the education should made necessary in the North.
The school that Jonathan built for them, what happened to it
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by naijamerican: 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2020
Meti99:
But the most developed region with good roads, light, best schooling infrastructures and lowest cost of living in Nigeria is still the north.
Please, stop these useless statistics that is making the government give preferential treatment to the north and leaving the south to suffer all because "the south get money.."

In the next 100years if Nigeria is still together, I wonder what will become of the south
SayNoToMEDIAPropaganda
Shut with your nonsense sentiment and look at the data.

The North and there backwards religion isn't compatible with modern society.

They should be left alone of progress is the idea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Meti99(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2020
myobjective:

Where do you live in the north and where have you been to in other part of Nigeria?

Bro, I have traveled wide in this country
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by chaloskyx: 4:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
well thats fine also know that 90% of the nations wealth are controlled by the north, 90% of political appointments are controlled by the north so their poverty should be channelled to their leaders

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Sagay212: 4:27pm On Feb 11, 2020
The annoying thing about this is that their wicked politicians and elites who cannot do any reasonable business other than depend on free govt money will be happy that such news is been put out everytime just so they can get some form of aid and donations from international organisations while they continue to loot the state.

The mumu rich men in the south will be wasting and donating money to the north, building schools and all sorts for them thereby giving the northern elites the opportunity to continue to steal and impoverish their people. They give almost all lucrative FG jobs to their northern people even though many of them are not qualified but they will be going about yapping nonsense that the north is the poorest( which is fact) just to gain more sympathy. People from the south should stop that foolishness of donating money to any of them. Let their leaders and elite sort them out with all the stolen wealth. No be only northerners dey suffer...make everybody carry their cross, afterall nobody send them to dey born anyhow.

1 Like

Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Agugbadin: 4:32pm On Feb 11, 2020
This cannot be true because they are they one ruling the country, the head all government agencies and departments. It is only possible if majority of them are in the same shoe with the member of house of rep that has 27 children.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by EdiskyHarry: 4:33pm On Feb 11, 2020
why won't they be poor, when their religion (Islamic terrorists religion) is sponsoring and supporting terrorism.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by higgs: 4:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
The north can reduce poverty if they can practise birth control.They should also focus on basic education and agriculture, since they have land.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Dollabiz: 4:41pm On Feb 11, 2020
hmmmmm
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Kennyswag: 5:04pm On Feb 11, 2020
AFONJACOW:
Are you blind? didn't you see the picture that shows poverty rate in states grin
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 11, 2020
yet, the parasites keeps holding the shithole into ransom! it's high time the damn dysfunctional jungle disintegrates!
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by Bambambiglo: 5:39pm On Feb 11, 2020
earleswood:
The report states that 87% of the poverty resides in the north. In other words, 13% of those not poor in the north are the southerners that reside over there. And what a burden.

Wrong. The remaining 13% are northerners living in the south.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by themanderon: 5:59pm On Feb 11, 2020
They are not called the "Parasitic North" for no reason. Their leaders have used their brains for kilishi and suya. Their citizens are the greatest victims of this shithole called Nigeria.
Poverty is institutionalized and carried over from one generation to the other. Its a human tragedy what I saw when I served there.
Re: 87% Nigeria’s Poverty Rate In North – World Bank by gidgiddy: 6:24pm On Feb 11, 2020
The North think that Power is everything. Power is not as important as what you do with it. Over 40 years in power but have an 83% poverty rate? What use has that power been?

Later the same Northerners will be shouting about what the South must to to get Presidency when the same presidency has done the North no good

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tinubu Yet To Show Up For Lesser Hajj Five Days To End Of Pilgrimage In Mecca / Abiola Ajimobi To Be Buried On Sunday As Family Releases Burial Arrangements / Adamu Garba Removes APC Flag From His Office (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.