Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife (4516 Views)

Don’t Kill Your Husband. This Is How To Deal With Him If He Is Cheating On You / Lady Recounts How Her Mother-in-law Vowed To Deal With Her, Mourns Her Husband / I Had A Child With My Brother's Ex Wife. Please Read And Advice Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Mixfeeling: 10:43pm On Feb 11, 2020
she is someone that doesn't like to be corrected at all, she will always raised her voice whenever you try to correct her no matter the gentle approach you use
solite3:
Although her actions but he should handle it with maturity.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Mixfeeling: 10:54pm On Feb 11, 2020
Acidosis:
Better don't allow some of these ladies confuse you. You deserve to be angry for as long as she acted differently from the NORM in YOUR HOME What works for A won't necessarily work for be. If the norm in YOUR HOME is to give a prior notice, then you deserve to be worried. exactly sir, she deliberately call for my bluff for not telling ahead because i corrected her earlier for something she did wrong, this a person that we always inform ourselves ahead of this kind of schedule and will make sure i support called her every hrs till she will be back

There are homes where fathers don't know the whereabouts of mothers and children. Someone from this kind of home may have advised you wrongly on this thread.

If I were you, I wouldn't bring an issue like this to Nairaland. It's best managed internally. Even in my most distant relationship, it is a MUST/NORM to discuss our plans and whereabouts.

It has nothing to do with age. Don't let any kid confuse you here. Go to the root of the matter and make resolutions.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Mixfeeling: 11:01pm On Feb 11, 2020
ques you means the part i told her why she refused to tell me ahead as she use to do before now, i know it is because i corrected her in a subdue manner yesterday that she did not well pleased. it is for this reason i told her i have no hand in it... i then told her she can go tomorrow
zeb04:
Is there a reason you didn't want her to go or were you just trying to exercise your “Authority ?

If there was a reason, why didn’t you tell her. Eg I wouldn’t want you to travel because blah,blah, blah, instead of NO.

Note: you are dealing with an adult, not a 6 year old child.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Mixfeeling: 11:06pm On Feb 11, 2020
This is someone that will not spent a dime of her money on anything at hom, all bills is being taking care by me. i am the one that rent and furnish the said shop for her without her having a dime in it
armyofone:
How can you tell someone going to shop for goods for her shop not to go ??
You are supposed to show positive support in this kind Nigeria economy! So you would have preferred she stayed at home gloating over what just happened? Isn't the profits to be made for the family?

Please leave the poor woman and show her love.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Mixfeeling: 11:15pm On Feb 11, 2020
It is a pity you are or about be marry to someone, is it crime to response without throwing jabs? if it how you being behave to your husband at home,it is better you keep it to your home pls
LadySarah:
Buy koboko and give her 24 lashes or kill her. Women Don see something ontop marriage.

Adult like you is who you want to punish for disobedience.
I guess she is also a breadwinner like you. When other men open shops for their wives and they sell everything with padlock you are here saying your hand no dey for going to Lagos.
An enterprising wife knows when to restock her goods. She should not go as if you had something important for her to do for you.

Sir Horseband, hoard ur penis . That is all.
Mtcheww.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:54am On Feb 12, 2020
Mixfeeling:
Good afternoon, fellow Nairalander I would like to seek your advice on best way i can deal with a disobedience wife. The issue we had started yesterday when i try to correct her for something she done wrong, she flared up on me instead of her to explain things to me in a polite manner....... fast-forward to this morning after she prepared our children's for school, and they are about to go out, she came to me that she will be travelling from Sagamu where we reside to Lagos to buy some items for her shop as she used to go before now without informing ahead. I quickly told her i have no hand in it that she should not go today again as she refused to inform me ahead as she used to do before now, she immediately rebuffed and promise to embark on the travelling.... she pick up her phone and call her dad that his husband has started that they should warn me bla bla bla and cut off the phone conversation, i call her after some hours to know if she thoroughly went ahead with the journey, i found out she was already in Lagos where she used to buy her goods. i needed everyone advice on what should be my next line of action. Thanks

1st the word deal is wrong for me it means you will stamp your authourity which in most cases its a hash decision against the other person

1 One has to accept that whatever they did was wrong in the eyes of the other person .
2 The so called wrong person has to explain, how they end upbmaking whatever decision, they have to explain in there own way of thinking and reasoning, the wronged person shouldnt interject, but listen and try to understand where there are coming from
3 Then wronged should by now know how the other person understood and decided the decision that made the conflict
4 The wronged person then also explain his/her understanding and decision on the conflict the will help the other person to understand your thinking
5 By now you should be able to understand your thinking and understand individual solving or decision making skills eg does one think as an individual or think of the other half ?

5 From all above should have a clue how to function as unity
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by mrblessed(m): 6:04am On Feb 12, 2020
Lamanii22:
"Disobedience" in that context should be "disobedient"
You relish picking out grammatical errors, without explaining how not to repeat such errors in the future. It doesn't make sense to just point out errors and leave it hanging without some form of analysis. I think you will make a very bad teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by nams77: 6:29am On Feb 12, 2020
Ginaz:

The matter tire me I swear ... o.p can hopefully find other suggestions that suits him or sound reasonable cos they don’t put mouth for husband and wife matter o. grin

For night na serious drilling for bed go end am. grin while we are here fighting and stressing ourselves over suggestions , they are busy Making peace under the sheets.

I don wash my hands off this matter .
I like this lady already
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Belafonte(m): 8:26am On Feb 12, 2020
Mixfeeling:
It is a pity you are or about be marry to someone, is it crime to response without throwing jabs? if it how you being behave to your husband at home,it is better you keep it to your home pls

Hahahaha
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by izzygoing(f): 8:43am On Feb 12, 2020
she pick up her phone and call her dad that his husband has started that they should warn me bla bla bla and cut off the phone conversation, i call her after some hours to know if she thoroughly went ahead with the journey, i found out she was already in Lagos.

That means you both have been having a problem before now

Try to have a good conversation to know why she is behaving in this manner. I'm sure there is the behaviour you have been putting up that she is not comfortable with. good luck
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by izzygoing(f): 8:44am On Feb 12, 2020
TheArchangel:
"""Her husband has started again ""
Red flag sir. A lot you are not saying. Waiting for the other side of the story

she pick up her phone and call her dad that his husband has started that they should warn me bla bla bla and cut off the phone conversation, i call her after some hours to know if she thoroughly went ahead with the journey, i found out she was already in Lagos.

That means you both have been having a problem before now

Try to have a good conversation to know why she is behaving in this manner. I'm sure there is the behavior you have been putting up that she is not comfortable with. good luck
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Boliboli760: 11:05am On Feb 12, 2020
I wish the OP and all the men like him all the best that life can offer.

- Women are adult just like you, NOT your kids, NOT your younger sister or Adugbo sister. They are Adult female who know their right from their left most of the times. And make mistake and do any errors just like adult men do.

- Marriage to a woman is NOT for you to have control over her. NOT AT ALL. It is for you to have a companion who does her own thing and you support her. You do your own thing and she supports you. Two adults who get the opportunity to SHARE their lives together, Emphasis on the word SHARE. Marriage is not a license for you to dominate or choke your partner.

- A lot of men are getting it wrong and I blame we parents for not teaching our boys, Especially mothers who go through the same horrific experience with their husbands and fail to point out to their boys that the way your father is behaving towards me is not LOVE. It is Ego, Controlling and Inexcusable, NO man should treat a woman the way your father is behaving towards me.

If this woman that OP is complaining about , divorces him tomorrow. He will come back here and open a new account to explain how the woman he supposedly loved, opened shop for and paid all her bills left him. He will never mention how he sucked the life out of her, how bad his self entitlement was, how he felt being humble is for a weak man and how he never gave LOVE a chance but instead he was fighting for the position of head of the house. Fighting for a position of First place ,that no body is struggling with HIM.

- You seat your behind on the chair or bed, while your LOVE struggle to dress up the kids ,feed them and prepare for school. And she still struggles to go to the market to sort out her business ,with customers on her neck. And with your own judgemental wahala to deal with. And all you are LOOKING for is HOW to deal with your LOVE. The HALF of you. NOT LOOKING for how to support her, how to make sure the home is okay for her to continue business and take care of the family. BUT you come here to find out how to DEAL with her.

I just want to ask WHAT THE Bleep IS THIS THING CALLED LOVE? My question is to Nigerian MEN.
Because I am not understanding, I am not impressed with men at all. Since I was a little girl and I am an adult now and the SHIT is getting worse. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL Bleep DO THESE MEN THINK WE ARE,THEIR PUPPET.

Saying bullshit like ,IF I HAD MONEY YOU WILL OBEY ME MORE. No Bruv, if you have money I will obey the Money not you. Because I want your money. Respect is reciprocal .SIMPLE

12 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Oyiboman69: 12:34pm On Feb 12, 2020
I think some slap will do the magic lol, but not continuous beating oo,we are Africans, don't forget that,
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Lamanii22(f): 1:19pm On Feb 12, 2020
mrblessed:
You relish picking out grammatical errors, without explaining how not to repeat such errors in the future. It doesn't make sense to just point out errors and leave it hanging without some form of analysis. I think you will make a very bad teacher.

I just didn't want to be too forward... I only pointed that out so the OP can modify/edit it... Pardon me... P.S I'm not a bad teacher... Some people are just unteachable ...
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Originalsly: 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2020
Bro.... she left without discussion... it means it doesn't matter what you say or think... she will do what she wants to do. She has no respect for you. That cannot be regained by force. My advice... whenever she returns... treat her like a stranger. Make no inquiry about her trip... show no anger nor frustration... just go about your business as if she doesn't exist. She cooks... you should never notice... when you're leaving the house... say nothing... just leave.. and return whenever. Let her cry a river to her family... should they call you... and they will.... let them know two roosters can't live in one pen. Click.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by mrblessed(m): 2:09pm On Feb 12, 2020
Lamanii22:

I just didn't want to be too forward... I only pointed that out so the OP can modify/edit it... Pardon me... P.S I'm not a bad teacher... Some people are just unteachable ...
Forward but not too forward, is a clever way to deflect attention from your grammar nitpicking hobby. It wouldnt have mattered if not that the elders have been watching with keen interest. DearTeachable Lamanii22, you seem to be in love with ellipsis. However, your flagrant abuse of that punctuation mark casts a doubt on the veracity of your professed love.

Note: It is just for your reading pleasure, alone.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by travelland(f): 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2020
Na so marriage hard? you haven't given any reason why you didn't want her to go and buy goods for her shop
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by We4all: 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2020
Boliboli760:
I wish the OP and all the men like him all the best that life can offer.

- Women are adult just like you, NOT your kids, NOT your younger sister or Adugbo sister. They are Adult female who know their right from their left most of the times. And make mistake and do any errors just like adult men do.

- Marriage to a woman is NOT for you to have control over her. NOT AT ALL. It is for you to have a companion who does her own thing and you support her. You do your own thing and she supports you. Two adults who get the opportunity to SHARE their lives together, Emphasis on the word SHARE. Marriage is not a license for you to dominate or choke your partner.

- A lot of men are getting it wrong and I blame we parents for not teaching our boys, Especially mothers who go through the same horrific experience with their husbands and fail to point out to their boys that the way your father is behaving towards me is not LOVE. It is Ego, Controlling and Inexcusable, NO man should treat a woman the way your father is behaving towards me.

If this woman that OP is complaining about , divorces him tomorrow. He will come back here and open a new account to explain how the woman he supposedly loved, opened shop for and paid all her bills left him. He will never mention how he sucked the life out of her, how bad his self entitlement was, how he felt being humble is for a weak man and how he never gave LOVE a chance but instead he was fighting for the position of head of the house. Fighting for a position of First place ,that no body is struggling with HIM.

- You seat your behind on the chair or bed, while your LOVE struggle to dress up the kids ,feed them and prepare for school. And she still struggles to go to the market to sort out her business ,with customers on her neck. And with your own judgemental wahala to deal with. And all you are LOOKING for is HOW to deal with your LOVE. The HALF of you. NOT LOOKING for how to support her, how to make sure the home is okay for her to continue business and take care of the family. BUT you come here to find out how to DEAL with her.

I just want to ask WHAT THE Bleep IS THIS THING CALLED LOVE? My question is to Nigerian MEN.
Because I am not understanding, I am not impressed with men at all. Since I was a little girl and I am an adult now and the SHIT is getting worse. LIKE WHAT THE ACTUAL Bleep DO THESE MEN THINK WE ARE,THEIR PUPPET.

Saying bullshit like ,IF I HAD MONEY YOU WILL OBEY ME MORE. No Bruv, if you have money I will obey the Money not you. Because I want your money. Respect is reciprocal .SIMPLE

This got to be the best comment so far. You just said it as it is.

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by We4all: 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2020
Oyiboman69:
I think some slap will do the magic lol, but not continuous beating oo,we are Africans, don't forget that,

Yeah, just like your papa did to your momma right?

3 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by We4all: 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2020
travelland:
Na so marriage hard? you haven't given any reason why you didn't want her to go and buy goods for her shop

African men(especially Nigerians) make marriage look like the wife is in prison. Imagine the use of words such as 'disobedience' and 'deal'. Some of these men think their wives are their daughters.

5 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Oyiboman69: 3:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
We4all:

Yeah, just like your papa did to your momma right?
Says the orphan

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by We4all: 4:27pm On Feb 12, 2020
Oyiboman69:

Says the orphan

Orphans are humans you know, and they all had parents at some point.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Bigblessed: 6:18pm On Feb 12, 2020
Cut off her neck, do her burial, go and marry one witch that has been praying for the death of two of you and how to wipe away your generation; then come and thank me with an apology letter to your God. Good man!
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Lamanii22(f): 6:40pm On Feb 12, 2020
mrblessed:
Forward but not too forward, is a clever way to deflect attention from your grammar nitpicking hobby. It wouldnt have mattered if not that the elders have been watching with keen interest. DearTeachable Lamanii22, you seem to be in love with ellipsis. However, your flagrant abuse of that punctuation mark casts a doubt on the veracity of your professed love.

Note: It is just for your reading pleasure, alone.

Okay, lol thank you Mr blessed.
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by oluwadamilolah(f): 11:25pm On Feb 12, 2020
Goodplace:

You're an idiot
you too

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by ImaIma1(f): 8:09am On Feb 13, 2020
zeb04:
Is there a reason you didnt want her to go or were you just trying to exercise your “Authority ?

If there was a reason, why didn’t you tell her. Eg I wouldn’t want you to travel because blah,blah, blah, instead of NO.

Note: you are dealing with an adult, not a 6 year old child.

My thoughts exactly. Some men act this way. When there's a misunderstanding, they try to exercise their authority and act as stumbling block in their wives' ways.

Plus a man might know that he has offended his wife but pride won't let him resolve it and apologize. Instead, he puts all her action under a magnifying glass and count everything she does so that he can wriggle his way out of admitting his fault and apologising.

OP where do you fall?

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 13, 2020
She doesn't respect you, simple!
1. Ignore her and live unhappy if you are the faithful type
2. Ignore her and live happily with fling
3. Tell her to get a divorce letter if she so much desire to leave
4. Her parent supports every dime she's doing... some in-laws are just ungodly
5. She is not happy in the marriage... That's the truth!
6. Don't be surprise if she has a 'friend' that make her smile just at the mention of his name

I'm talking from experience oooo

When they asked us to pray before we choose we would say Na Lie joor... It's very much important to look well before you leap. Especially those of us that was a super bachelor.

God will help us all.... They are only LOYAL to money and not YOU
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by LadySarah: 10:00am On Feb 13, 2020
Mixfeeling:

Hahahha
Come and pay me for the data wasted in replying you.
Marriage is a partnership. Get that into ur head.

2 Likes

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by grafixdon: 10:17pm On Feb 14, 2020
LadySarah:

Hahahha Come and pay me for the data wasted in replying you. Marriage is a partnership. Get that into ur head.
Respect this man, isn't your mate. I'm sure you're not married yet

1 Like

Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by LadySarah: 11:30pm On Feb 14, 2020
grafixdon:

Respect this man, isn't your mate. I'm sure you're not married yet

K
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:52pm On Feb 14, 2020
Mixfeeling:
Good afternoon, fellow Nairalander I would like to seek your advice on best way i can deal with a disobedience wife. The issue we had started yesterday when i try to correct her for something she done wrong, she flared up on me instead of her to explain things to me in a polite manner....... fast-forward to this morning after she prepared our children's for school, and they are about to go out, she came to me that she will be travelling from Sagamu where we reside to Lagos to buy some items for her shop as she used to go before now without informing ahead. I quickly told her i have no hand in it that she should not go today again as she refused to inform me ahead as she used to do before now, she immediately rebuffed and promise to embark on the travelling.... she pick up her phone and call her dad that his husband has started that they should warn me bla bla bla and cut off the phone conversation, i call her after some hours to know if she thoroughly went ahead with the journey, i found out she was already in Lagos where she used to buy her goods. i needed everyone advice on what should be my next line of action. Thanks
Honestly, you are at fault sir! You are obviously not in charge of your home for your wife to not only disrespect you also had the guts to 'report' you to her father grin

My Advice: Take charge of your home, SIMPLE!
Re: Advice Me On The Best Ways To Deal With A Disobedience Wife by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:54pm On Feb 14, 2020
Ginaz:
Don’t let anger get the best of you when she comes home, you shouldn’t confront her as exchange of words may occur, you guys may quarrel which would do no good to the already strain tension.
He is clearly not in charge of his home. That is why he even rush online to seek popular opinion.

I don’t see your wife apologizing to you one bit for her disobedient act so don’t bother to confront rather be calm and try to find a way to make this not happen again.
Who apologises and submit to a weakling?

As the head of house , your authority is very important . There can’t be two captains in a boat. Tell her in a calm and cold manner to never repeat such acts or she will face the consequences or see the stuff you’re made of as the man of the house. cheesy

There’s something about a stern and cold voice that always send chill down my spine when I’ve overstepped my boundaries . grin
Her father is the head of the house not OP

Men , you guys don’t know this . Authority won’t have any effect when it’s gotten through force or punishments . When you give an order as the head of house , be calm while saying it, walk away , go chill and relax.

When you come back and your wife still did what she has said she would , smile , go inside and say nothing. Eat and sleep. Give her the money for house maintenance, give her the money for the kids but give nothing to her , buy treats for the kids but buy her nothing. If she’s the working type, buy everything yourself , making sure you 10 kobo won’t be left for her to use.

Don’t care about a dime when it comes to giving her money. If she like she should carry her hair for 3months don’t care. Women love money, they love eating money not theirs, believe me she won’t be comfortable. grin

She will start nagging , complaints here and there but don’t say anything. Until she bursts up her emotions then you tell her that this is the repercussions of her disobedience.

Believe me , she will think twice before she acts disorderly towards you. wink
You watch telemundo too much lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speak Now Or Forever Hold Your Peace / Loosing Ur Virginity 2a Man After Marriage Dose Not Make Him Value U D More / #IWD2016 Empowering The Girl Child To Become A Woman;Breaking The Glass Ceiling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.