Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,985 members, 7,825,066 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me (40018 Views)

It's Madness For Burna Boy To Say No One Paved The Way For Him - Jaywon(vid) / Didi Ekanem: How Mercy Johnson Paved Way For Curvy Women In Nigeria / Mr Eazi: “I Paved The Way For African Artistes In London” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by akin9ja78(m): 7:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
Bipolar nigga, pray for the dude.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
PropaMan:

bruv, you are the one that should remain silent,

Wizkid only tops Charts because of his minor collaborative work, krept and konan's G love and beyonce's Brown skin girl.( which were not written by him ) the reason he got the BBMA and Minor grammy nomination was because of the feature on Drake's ONE DANCE , and he got nominated for a minor contribution done on a foreign work.

You saying he's the most toured artist is just pure ignorance, cause i have never seen a wizkid proper europe tour apart from him going to the UK and Paris. Talking about a MOBO Award please dont even try to prove a useless point by saying wizkid is better than the other nominees. Even Davido won a best african act by beating wizkid in the same award. burnaboy won a BET best international Act doesn't mean he's the best in the category.

Wizkid is a good artist no doubt, but at the moment Burnaboy is a better artist than him looking at his Discography and style of music. Most especially burnaboy was Grammy nominated for a full body of work (album), wizkid doesn't have any solid album till this day.

PS. You can have the most stream, awards and shut down the biggest halls but that doesn't make you a better artist, if you are the best it will definitely show in your songs and work.

Thats exactly why burna said he paved the way for himself, why Wizkid was waiting for drake to elevate his career because of their collaboration till the extent he got emotional about it, Burnaboy was ghost writing for drake and didn’t give a f**k about because it was all business,

while Wizkid was everyone’s favorite and getting recognition from top artists, radio stations and awards burna was getting nothing but he stayed consistent in his music and improved himself, when Burna was involved in different scandal everybody was against him, I remember the pregnancy case where people were cursing him on social media, now he Got recognition from the western world now everybody is riding his dick and playing his song, Don’t you think he’s human and needs to air his opinion about it,

If he said he’s the best then he is the best anybody that thinks otherwise should prove himself.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by MotiveU(f): 10:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Sexycardib: 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2020
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Joshmodest(m): 1:41am On Feb 14, 2020
machiavelli95:

That's the thing. Most of you are just replying without comprehending. He is saying be got to the TOP without doing the nonsense artistes like ice prince, wizkid, d bank and davido did- paying outrageous sums of money to foreign artistes and groveling over them for validation just to make them (in a weak beggarly way) like our music. It never worked. Its even more pathetic when you see Nigerians taking a foreign artists feature like its some major achievement. See the way they beg to be recognized at international shows with Ice prince and davido accepting to getting a BET award BACKSTAGE(ice prince was even trying to form UK accent, too bad). If you are good, let people accept your brand clean, not begging for attention up and down and famzing with foreign artistes like its an achievement. In Beyonce's lion king album, burns boy got his own full track,no features. That's respect. Not like others.
If burna features a foreign artiste, even in the track he will come out as the main influence. That's respect.
However still, burna boy is arrogant. Its the marijuana in action.
Any proof wizkid paid for any of the collabos , I remember skeppy saying ojuelegba reminded him of his mom , and he played it to drake who loved it and decided to do a remix...you can't just eat your beans finish and begin to say things out of the air !!!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Joshmodest(m): 1:44am On Feb 14, 2020
PropaMan:

Thats exactly why burna said he paved the way for himself, why Wizkid was waiting for drake to elevate his career because of their collaboration till the extent he got emotional about it, Burnaboy was ghost writing for drake and didn’t give a f**k about because it was all business,

while Wizkid was everyone’s favorite and getting recognition from top artists, radio stations and awards burna was getting nothing but he stayed consistent in his music and improved himself, when Burna was involved in different scandal everybody was against him, I remember the pregnancy case where people were cursing him on social media, now he Got recognition from the western world now everybody is riding his dick and playing his song, Don’t you think he’s human and needs to air his opinion about it,

If he said he’s the best then he is the best anybody that thinks otherwise should prove himself.
Burna didn't give a f*vk about it yet he made it the subject of the formula at his outside album launch , and went ahead to release the ones discarded by the same drake ....talking about Drake elevating Wizkid's career , do you realize one dance was Drake's first personal no 1 on the billboard ...

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Joshmodest(m): 1:54am On Feb 14, 2020
PropaMan:

bruv, you are the one that should remain silent,

Wizkid only tops Charts because of his minor collaborative work, krept and konan's G love and beyonce's Brown skin girl.( which were not written by him ) the reason he got the BBMA and Minor grammy nomination was because of the feature on Drake's ONE DANCE , and he got nominated for a minor contribution done on a foreign work.

You saying he's the most toured artist is just pure ignorance, cause i have never seen a wizkid proper europe tour apart from him going to the UK and Paris. Talking about a MOBO Award please dont even try to prove a useless point by saying wizkid is better than the other nominees. Even Davido won a best african act by beating wizkid in the same award. burnaboy won a BET best international Act doesn't mean he's the best in the category.

Wizkid is a good artist no doubt, but at the moment Burnaboy is a better artist than him looking at his Discography and style of music. Most especially burnaboy was Grammy nominated for a full body of work (album), wizkid doesn't have any solid album till this day.

PS. You can have the most stream, awards and shut down the biggest halls but that doesn't make you a better artist, if you are the best it will definitely show in your songs and work.
The issue here is you saying burna is the greatest artist of the new generation , without any facts to back it up aside a Grammy nomination is baseless , biased , Untrue and holds no water ...
Listen to your statement wizkid winning the Mobo's doesn't mean he is better than those nominated , but being nominated for one Grammy makes burna the best artist since Fela...
Whether you call it minor efforts in foreign collaboration , he worked hard to be recognized by Drake , Beyonce , krept and konan and every single foreign feature he has received...burna's full body of work has won him nothing wizkid hasn't won...
Superstar by wizkid sits high in the ranking of best best Nigerian albums of the past two decades only Grass to grace by 2 face and Mushin to mohits stays ahead in terms of popularity , streams and hit songs ..do you know 70 % of Nigerians can't list 5 songs off the African giant album !
And when you say discography what exactly do you mean , go to Wikipedia check the both artists discography and come back to retract your statement ..wizkid's discography is crazy and tho his recent songs may not be top notch ...I doubt burna can match the quality of the content of wiz discography !
When you ready for this Convo bruv ,bring solid facts along with you and not some disjointed opinion !

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by machiavelli95: 7:26pm On Feb 14, 2020
Joshmodest:

Burna didn't give a f*vk about it yet he made it the subject of the formula at his outside album launch , and went ahead to release the ones discarded by the same drake ....talking about Drake elevating Wizkid's career , do you realize one dance was Drake's first personal no 1 on the billboard ...

Guy what? Drake's first no 1 on the billboard? Dude all of drake's albums have debuted no 1 on the billboard. And quite frankly, wizkid's contribution on one dance was negligible. It was just a background AdLib. So you are saying wizkid helped drake's career? Are you listening to yourself? Honestly even lil Wayne at this point can only lay claim to helping drake by signing him to young money, but he can never say he made drake more commercially appealing with any feature. Then you are mentioning wizkid? stop all these famzing. Its sick. So what if wizkid gets recognition from foreign artistes? Billy elish is 18 years old and is British, she made her mark without any assistance of the big names. Even when she did feature the big names on the song, she was the dominant artiste controlling the whole flow of the song(not just by the length or number of verses), her music and creativity stood her out and she swept 4 Grammy's. Lorde was 17 and in AUSTRALIA when she made a Grammy winning record (royals)in her piano class. Sam smith made stay with me and a Grammy winning album from a drinking pub after being dumped by his boyfriend (nigga is gay) and sam smith's first album was a Grammy success. Adele the same thing. See work on your craft and produce quality content and stop measuring success by the fact that you shared a stage with a big name international act (it reeks of inferiority complex). Burna boy worked on his craft and developed unique content and has gotten well deserved international recognition. But Nigerians with their love for mediocrity still measure an artiste's success by the number of international acts he/she famzes with. Pathetic. However, wizzy is a great artiste too. But burna is an authentic artiste.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Greatzeus(m): 9:01pm On Feb 14, 2020
olivegirl:
This dude always feel that life should revive around him. He is very good idiots. I just imagine his relationship with his friends. A man who answered people yes sir but deep down he believed he deserved that yes sir from same person he answered yes sir. I am deleting his songs right now.
How will deleting his songs stop him from being arrogant or reduce his account balance,dude doesn't know you exist. Besides no one is perfect, maybe that's his own weakness,if God should start counting our sins,who will stand?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Joshmodest(m): 5:03pm On Feb 15, 2020
machiavelli95:

Guy what? Drake's first no 1 on the billboard? Dude all of drake's albums have debuted no 1 on the billboard. And quite frankly, wizkid's contribution on one dance was negligible. It was just a background AdLib. So you are saying wizkid helped drake's career? Are you listening to yourself? Honestly even lil Wayne at this point can only lay claim to helping drake by signing him to young money, but he can never say he made drake more commercially appealing with any feature. Then you are mentioning wizkid? stop all these famzing. Its sick. So what if wizkid gets recognition from foreign artistes? Billy elish is 18 years old and is British, she made her mark without any assistance of the big names. Even when she did feature the big names on the song, she was the dominant artiste controlling the whole flow of the song(not just by the length or number of verses), her music and creativity stood her out and she swept 4 Grammy's. Lorde was 17 and in AUSTRALIA when she made a Grammy winning record (royals)in her piano class. Sam smith made stay with me and a Grammy winning album from a drinking pub after being dumped by his boyfriend (nigga is gay) and sam smith's first album was a Grammy success. Adele the same thing. See work on your craft and produce quality content and stop measuring success by the fact that you shared a stage with a big name international act (it reeks of inferiority complex). Burna boy worked on his craft and developed unique content and has gotten well deserved international recognition. But Nigerians with their love for mediocrity still measure an artiste's success by the number of international acts he/she famzes with. Pathetic. However, wizzy is a great artiste too. But burna is an authentic artiste.
If you want this Convo I'm ready you have wiki on your phone look it up one dance is Drake's first no 1 song on the billboard except call my name and work both songs done with Rihanna ....
I never said wizkid helped drake , buh you were the one talking about Drake elevating wizkid , and I let you know that drake had his first no 1 song when he featured wizkid so interpret it the way you like ... Come closer was Drake's biggest song in 2016 the following year even fader mag confirmed that when they did thier list of the hit songs of 2016 , that didn't make it to the UK top 50 , You can look it up on wiki too if you have data , the whole more life album was a total sham ...drake was so proud of the track , that he performed it alone several times in events , and till date come closer is the most streamed Nigerian song on Spotify , you have data check wiki ...
Now the whole story on Billy, Sam Smith , Adele was totally unnecessary , as the issue on ground is between burna and wizkid....
Like it or not wizkid is an artist who rose through the ranks without the help from big names .. he worked hard pushed his craft and he was able to sit amongst his idols .... drake didn't discover wizkid , neither did Beyonce , or any of the big names he rolls with in music now ...his talent brought him out in an industry where foreign artists were seen as gods , and he was able to put Nigeria on the map , before any of his peers did ...
Talking about Nigerians measuring greatness with int'l recognition and acceptance , what else has given you the license to call burna the greatest except the Grammy nomination he got ..of which the kuti brodas have got about 5 collectively , and seun kuti 's black times album flaws that of burna hands down ..
I think burna has got potential to be the greatest , if he focuses on his craft and talk less sh*t ....but for now Wizkid is the king of the new school , and anybody that wants to collect that crown should dominate for a decade like he did and not 2 years ....

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by pomide(m): 5:54am On Feb 17, 2020
Two Third of Nigerian Are Dumb.... Somebody is Being Audible About His Achievements And Y'all already bringing that Nigerian crap crap crap again!

Most of you have never even bought his song properly and you're online typing shit.

Someone said where was him 2010-2018 loool... Ever Since Like To Party Dropped 8 Years Ago, we knew burna was mad talented.

Now after working hard for close to a decade, he's getting rewarded, then you're saying him should not be proud of himself.

I hate the fact that we're mostly lowly intellectuals in this country.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Budline1(m): 12:08pm On Feb 21, 2020
olivegirl:
This dude always feel that life should revive around him. He is very good idiots. I just imagine his relationship with his friends. A man who answered people yes sir but deep down he believed he deserved that yes sir from same person he answered yes sir. I am deleting his songs right now.

Exactly. I'm so disappointed in him either. I've been hearing that he's proud but I never believed. This write-ups just prove it.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Budline1(m): 1:15pm On Feb 21, 2020

Don’t mind dem, most of them listen to Tope alani and come here to chat rubbish. Even Chris brown self never collect Grammy. Do you think it is easy to be nominated for Grammy. That boy is the greatest right now after Fela.

Agreed, we know he is the greatest right now but he shouldn't brag about it.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2020
You pple are still arguing. shocked I will always respect Wizkid. After he made it bigger dn his predecessors, he never denigrated any of them whenever they were compared to him by fans. He goes to tuface, dbanj, wande coals events, he hypes them whenever hes asked abt them in interviews, on social media or on stage & sees them as pple dt opened doors.

Las Las it all boils down to character.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by ProfessorBola: 3:25pm On Mar 18, 2020
udoekere:
Mtcheeeeew audio Grammy.BurnaBoy was underated but I think he is now overrated.if people like wizkid and David can't win Grammy then who are u.

True Talk Wizkid is more authentic and talented than him....Burna Boy is just successful in Europe and America...In Nigeria
nobody really rates him.

He is making statements as if he created Afro-Beat....2face, P Square, Don Jazzy, Bracket, WizKid, Davido, Yemi Alade, Olamide etc
all came years before him knocking down doors and paving the way and this ingrate called Burna Boy is talking rubbish...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Monalisa Chinda Celebrates Her 46th Birthday Today / Morocco Maduka Buried In Anambra (Photos) / Birthday Cake D'banj Got From Beat-99.9FM Yesterday(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.