Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,580 members, 7,823,519 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me (40012 Views)

It's Madness For Burna Boy To Say No One Paved The Way For Him - Jaywon(vid) / Didi Ekanem: How Mercy Johnson Paved Way For Curvy Women In Nigeria / Mr Eazi: “I Paved The Way For African Artistes In London” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by osuofia2(m): 10:21am On Feb 13, 2020
This Burna na mumu walahi, just because of small blow him don de make mouth, i am a fun but with mouth making you just lost fan, go ask Tuface how he maintains to stay at the top for long, simple it is humility.
FYI, i am deleting all your fukking songs from my phone right now.
be humble boy

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by pstnicodemus(m): 10:22am On Feb 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Nobody paved way for you after plagiarizing almost all of fela's songs. undecided

Before anybody starts attacking and calling me hater, please note there's a big difference between sampling and copyright theft.

Who ever attacks you over this comment needs to think, think and think again.
I couldn't agree more with you.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Aidejay(m): 10:23am On Feb 13, 2020
Me don be burna fan fan right from time I remember arguing aimlessly that burna is better than wizkid then in secondary school and everyone else was against me. With or without the recognition I have loved burna boy I had his outside album and was vibing to YE before it became a hit such that when it did I was pushing one of my guy to get the album and when African Giant came oooh my lawd....
It's good to stand for something don't get pushed around stand for something stop following the flow. I still have Don Gordon till today a song that at a time was the worst song ever sang according to my niggas then
Omo na me be the DD don DD don ddd Gordon
They call you proud or arrogant when you don't conform.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 13, 2020
onecoder:
He's right.
He started out as an underdog.
Not being a Yoruba also didn't do him any favour.
You want to say burna is mad but dude knows where his true fans are. He can see from his online streams, his YouTube dashboard and seem not to care.
It hurts him and I actually think he should have posted more cryptic words than these.
It doesn't make sense creating more enemies than you can actually fight.
You tribalists are quite stupid wt this your Yoruba argument. It must be the new talking point in your beer parlour.

Who did not start out as an underdog?
Tuface was the first afropop artiste to gain some international recognition. Going on the Monique show, winning international awards. Is he yoruba?

Burnaboy is stupid for dt statement because Dbanj and Psquare built on tufaces media exposure, got more recognition & awards for afropop, making collaborations wt American acts, signing a record deal. This also made it easier for Wizkid to get a foot in the door & get accepted by black american artistes & sign his own deal. In 2019, all these foundational exposure of the past made it possible for davido and burnaboy to go international & do more aggressive marketing than their predecessors. Now international marketing deals have became the norm. Everyone built on the last persons success so YES many others paved the way for burnaboy.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Harbeeorlar(m): 10:38am On Feb 13, 2020
If not for social media, you might not blow afterall its evident you have been trying before SM take over the world when you now get recognition. The likes of Tubaba, Dbanj, Banky W, Olamide, Wizkid, Davido blow without social media. Going from one studio to studio, from one FM station to another so as your music can be aired. My brother this is nonsense talk i must say.
Its just like Lasisi call himself the best comedian or he set the table for other comedians. Even though this is your opinion but it cant slide. Be careful niqqa, pride comes before a fall.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by midnighter(f): 10:43am On Feb 13, 2020
Hmmm...
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 10:45am On Feb 13, 2020
The very first time I heard "like to party" by Burna,it sounded really strange to me cos the flow and rhythm sounded very unNigerian,it was something very unique from the usual Nigerian kpangolo
That has got to be my best Nigerian song in the last 2 decades

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Aidejay(m): 10:47am On Feb 13, 2020
Burna boy wasn't the only Nigerian artist nominated for the past Grammy's
Pulse did a good job of making an article on it please check it out and be informed

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/entertainment/music/grammy-2020-here-are-the-11-nigerians-nominated-wizkid-burna-boy-tiwa-savage-tekno/kftbxy4.amp

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by abogjohn(m): 10:50am On Feb 13, 2020
TheRealProphet:
Now I see why the Wizkid and Davido FC never wanted Burna Boy to win that Grammy. See arrogance lmao..

Baba say him set table.. So, D Banj, 2 Baba, Wizkid, Davido, Olamide con set mat abi??

If you don’t geddifok with all your refurbish songs angry
asin, the guy dey use Fela lyrics line by line.

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 10:51am On Feb 13, 2020
Nigerians are funny, y’all don’t even know what you’re arguing about, saying the likes of 2face Dbanj and co have done better than burns boy, I can’t blame you all, cause I know how expensive Data is, well do your research well before typing rubbish.

Has any of your tuface, dbanj n co done any tour All round Europe and America consistently because that is how you build a fan base and recognition not only for blacks also for white people

Secondly, Burna boy does different genres of music,not only afrobeat , he does afroswing the mixture of afro sounds and hiphop beats, that’s why he collaborates with Uk n US artist like jhus Dave ,stormy, Jeremiah , future which none of your tuface n co has never done.

Remember when he was in south Africa, UK and Ghana doing music with Their artists from the grassroots , which none of your favourites have ever done, now he says he paved way for himself, ignorant country people are getting angry about it. Ask yourself when did you start appreciating burnaboys music and check what year he first came out ( 2011).

P.s. no disrespect to other Nigerian artists they have done their best, but Burnaboy is the greatest new generation artist to come out of Nigeria, looking at his discography, versatility and talent.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Koralords: 10:54am On Feb 13, 2020
Classickj:
Burna Boy isn't saying something new.. Be your own
greatest hypeman Jose Mourinho: I am not one of the
bottle, I am the Special one Zlatan Ibrahimovic: I do not
need a trophy to tell me, I am the best Mohammed Ali : I
am the Greatest Burna Boy: I am an African Giant. Hype
You
I wonder why everyone is criticizing him ,this entertainment so he should say na wizzy abi Davido pave wey for him?
Timaya was a dancer for eedris have you seen him anywhere acknowledge eedris

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Amujale(m): 11:35am On Feb 13, 2020
Koralords:

I wonder why everyone is criticizing him ,this entertainment so he should say na wizzy abi Davido pave wey for him?
Timaya was a dancer for eedris have you seen him anywhere acknowledge eedris

He ought to have said ASA, Dizzy K Falola, Bright Chimezie, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Rolling Dollar paved the way for him
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by tammie24: 12:24pm On Feb 13, 2020
ericmor:

Remove ola mode from that list, him no follow for this situation
even davido
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Joshmodest(m): 12:30pm On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
Help me ask them ?? Especially that whizkid...that guy nor dey sing anything ..him juju really strong....Atleast davido dey come out with some reasonable lyrics wey person fit reason say him try...but that whizkid zero....
one of the greatest Song out of Africa ojuelegba was written by bright Chimezie I guess... fools everywhere... wizkid's superstar and Ayo album remain one of the best projects out of Nigeria use your 5mb wisely or ...STFU !
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by ericmor: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
Hatrik:

Nominated last year award took place this year

Momited for Grammy award for 2020. Simple as abc not to cus confusion bcs there was another award in 2019
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Joshmodest(m): 12:45pm On Feb 13, 2020
PropaMan:
Nigerians are funny, y’all don’t even know what you’re arguing about, saying the likes of 2face Dbanj and co have done better than burns boy, I can’t blame you all, cause I know how expensive Data is, well do your research well before typing rubbish.

Has any of your tuface, dbanj n co done any tour All round Europe and America consistently because that is how you build a fan base and recognition not only for blacks also for white people

Secondly, Burna boy does different genres of music,not only afrobeat , he does afroswing the mixture of afro sounds and hiphop beats, that’s why he collaborates with Uk n US artist like jhus Dave ,stormy, Jeremiah , future which none of your tuface n co has never done.

Remember when he was in south Africa, UK and Ghana doing music with Their artists from the grassroots , which none of your favourites have ever done, now he says he paved way for himself, ignorant country people are getting angry about it. Ask yourself when did you start appreciating burnaboys music and check what year he first came out ( 2011).

P.s. no disrespect to other Nigerian artists they have done their best, but Burnaboy is the greatest new generation artist to come out of Nigeria, looking at his discography, versatility and talent.
Total rubbish ....
I've been a burna fan since yawa dey ....I think he's got a great deal of potential but calling him the greatest thing tho happen to music is laughable , especially when your outburst is baseless and fact less...
Dbanj was one of the first artists to feature Intl acts , his Oliver twist put Nigeria on the map ...he literally made me proud to be a Nigerian back in the days .....
Wizkid might have declined a bit musically last year , but if you want to go for facts he's currently the greatest among his peers....
He's got more Spotify monthly and total listeners than any Nigerian artist...
He's the first and only one among his peers to shutdown a 20k capacity in London twice , to show you hus fan base int'l ....
Hes the first and only one among his peers to top the billboard in over 19 countries ....
He's one of the few artist in the world to be on song that has over 2 billion streams on Spotify , aside ed Sheeran, the Chainsmokers , Justin Bieber and the despacito gang , you know how Justin almost went mad when he achieved the same feat with a song that wasn't his too
He's the only one among his peers to have a bbma's plague in his shelf , let burna snap his shelf now and post it ...
He's the only African artist who beat Kendrick Lamar , Migos , Cardi b ,Drake and Sza to win Mobo's int'l act ..
He's the artist with the highest entry in the UK charts with almost ten entries ..3 last year alone G love , Brown skin girl , and the song with Nana rogues ...
He's the first among his peers to sell out royal Albert Hall , I doubt any artist has done more world tours and performances than wiz in the last decade...
When Drake's featured wizkid in one dance , burna was still ghost writing more life album for drake ...
He's the first among the home-grown artist to be nominated for the same Grammy that has burna saying trash ...with views in 2016...
Everything burna has won wizkid has probably won two or three of it
Olamide , Davido even Burna at some point acknowledge he was the greatest... Except you can counter this with facts forever remain silent !!!!

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by ericmor: 12:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
Mraphel:
Tiwa salvage was nominated for grammy with her first song KELE KELE LOVE.

ASA was nominated for grammy

Femi kuti was five times grammy nominated

Seun kuti two time grammy nominated

Fela kuti won five times grammy nomination

Amongst others..

Who is burna boy if artist better than him and paved d way for him cannot win it

t took you 5 yrs of burma boy to cross to limelight in 2019. Instead of creating the replica of 2019 in 2020 he's posting rubbish.

Burna boy go and humble yourself.

Yes, u are right but tiwa and asa song has never been nominated for the Grammy
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Ghenisean(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
This guy's 0pride is bigger than OBO and Daddy oo's pride,he didn't make it up there,2baba,Dbanj,Psquare,Wizkid and lastly Davido did all the work.
I know some of y'all gonna quote me to oppose this,but,think about this. Do you think that Mary Slessor was the first person to start the agenda of stopping the killing of twins
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by whatamidoinhere(m): 1:39pm On Feb 13, 2020
What's all this, burna?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by tfash96(m): 2:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
mtinfx:

His hit songs are fading already

End of year village should be done with him

Lol.....abi now.. Everything has its own time
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by profstar(m): 2:20pm On Feb 13, 2020
bennynaza:
2baba drew global attention to afro hip-hop with African Queen/ Grass to Grace album.
Dbanj sacrificed his local career to take Afro hip-hop international with top level collabos like Mr Endowed feat. Snoop Dogg.

The current artist are enjoying the efforts of these two and others like don jazzy, p square and 9ice.

So like someone rightly pointed out, Burna and his mates should "sit down and be humble"

Best post of all, I love the way you put that "Dbanj sacrifice" dem! I became emotional embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by profstar(m): 2:37pm On Feb 13, 2020
I think I like this angle you came out from.

Larryslim:
Burna
Boy is just saying the truth.
Burna Boy was underrated, he had good songs but no one payed attention to him, He dropped two good albums "LIFE and Outside", nobody was listening to him, Even the media rarely played his music then, he built his own fanbase and they were called "Outsiders", the guy had to struggle for the fame he has, and someone will say "Wizkid paved way for him".
Truth is No one paved way for Burna boy, he had to go from underrated and not listened to, to what he is now and it's his own hardwork and not someone's.
And most of y'all are just haters, hating on him for a Grammy nomination that your Favs will never get, Burna is the closest any Nigerian artiste will get to being nominated and even if Grammy creates "Afrobeat" Category, it will be because of Burna Boy's "African Giant".
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by dewuyiebun: 3:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
Pride is beginning to set in
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by krscash: 4:07pm On Feb 13, 2020
y'all shuld leave burna alone � the nigg is trying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by machiavelli95: 4:17pm On Feb 13, 2020
jaxxy:
I think those begging and paying the western world as he called it still paved way for him. It’s a process, kind of like lobbying so those who truely deserve the respect can even get an audience as far as Nigerian contemporary artists are concerned.

I haven’t seen anything close to Fela in what burna has done sofar. He shudnt overhype himself. That’s how wizkid felt when on the drake colabo, dbanj also on his collaborations. Fela came without any collaborative efforts and was recognized for outstanding musical work. Not butter and bread music.

Burna Boy has a tendency to be carried away and delusional with success. I’ve known him for this long b4 now.

That's the thing. Most of you are just replying without comprehending. He is saying be got to the TOP without doing the nonsense artistes like ice prince, wizkid, d bank and davido did- paying outrageous sums of money to foreign artistes and groveling over them for validation just to make them (in a weak beggarly way) like our music. It never worked. Its even more pathetic when you see Nigerians taking a foreign artists feature like its some major achievement. See the way they beg to be recognized at international shows with Ice prince and davido accepting to getting a BET award BACKSTAGE(ice prince was even trying to form UK accent, too bad). If you are good, let people accept your brand clean, not begging for attention up and down and famzing with foreign artistes like its an achievement. In Beyonce's lion king album, burns boy got his own full track,no features. That's respect. Not like others.
If burna features a foreign artiste, even in the track he will come out as the main influence. That's respect.
However still, burna boy is arrogant. Its the marijuana in action.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Legendguru: 4:27pm On Feb 13, 2020
Good for u
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by mayklef(m): 4:35pm On Feb 13, 2020
Sirwallace:

Thank you my brother. Eeedris sold his soul to remain irrelevant in the industry by fighting foreign artiste dominance in our shows.

2 baba spread our tentacles globally.
D banj, Don baba J introduced vibes and exposure where they monetizes the industry for many artiste to come later. Then wizzy and davido.
He would have said "I created Afro Pop, Fela copied me" if he had won f grammy swf

I never like the dude and his music because it lacks originality. The Fela wanna be is claiming local champion. Thank God he did not win the grammy.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

one of the greatest Song out of Africa ojuelegba was written by bright Chimezie I guess... fools everywhere... wizkid's superstar and Ayo album remain one of the best projects out of Nigeria use your 5mb wisely or ...STFU !
OGA f*ck off abeg....
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Kenturkey048(m): 4:40pm On Feb 13, 2020
Stevecovey:

Wizkid was the 1st afropop artiste to sing fela afrobeats. FACT.

No one did it before him. He merged it perfectly & brought dt sound to mainstream music first. When he sang 'jaiyejaiye' and 'sweet love' Burnaboy was still doing afropop r&b. And the rest of the industry at that time were into the 'electro dance tune' in afropop. Especially with mohits & Psquares large influence. Dont whitewash history and gve respect to who it's due. Some of wizkids songs are still laced with afrobeats cos fela is one of his music idols, but he doesn't dwell on the style. One idiot listened to DJTunez/Wizkid gbese with me last year & had the audacity to say he copied Burnaboy style.

The truth is a lot of Nigerian music fandom don't really follow these artistes music truly & half the time don't know what they're talking about. You are one of them.
OGA fu*k off abeg...
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 4:47pm On Feb 13, 2020
Joshmodest:

Total rubbish ....
I've been a burna fan since yawa dey ....I think he's got a great deal of potential but calling him the greatest thing tho happen to music is laughable , especially when your outburst is baseless and fact less...
Dbanj was one of the first artists to feature Intl acts , his Oliver twist put Nigeria on the map ...he literally made me proud to be a Nigerian back in the days .....
Wizkid might have declined a bit musically last year , but if you want to go for facts he's currently the greatest among his peers....
He's got more Spotify monthly and total listeners than any Nigerian artist...
He's the first and only one among his peers to shutdown a 20k capacity in London twice , to show you hus fan base int'l ....
Hes the first and only one among his peers to top the billboard in over 19 countries ....
He's one of the few artist in the world to be on song that has over 2 billion streams on Spotify , aside ed Sheeran, the Chainsmokers , Justin Bieber and the despacito gang , you know how Justin almost went mad when he achieved the same feat with a song that wasn't his too
He's the only one among his peers to have a bbma's plague in his shelf , let burna snap his shelf now and post it ...
He's the only African artist who beat Kendrick Lamar , Migos , Cardi b ,Drake and Sza to win Mobo's int'l act ..
He's the artist with the highest entry in the UK charts with almost ten entries ..3 last year alone G love , Brown skin girl , and the song with Nana rogues ...
He's the first among his peers to sell out royal Albert Hall , I doubt any artist has done more world tours and performances than wiz in the last decade...
When Drake's featured wizkid in one dance , burna was still ghost writing more life album for drake ...
He's the first among the home-grown artist to be nominated for the same Grammy that has burna saying trash ...with views in 2016...
Everything burna has won wizkid has probably won two or three of it
Olamide , Davido even Burna at some point acknowledge he was the greatest... Except you can counter this with facts forever remain silent !!!!

bruv, you are the one that should remain silent,

Wizkid only tops Charts because of his minor collaborative work, krept and konan's G love and beyonce's Brown skin girl.( which were not written by him ) the reason he got the BBMA and Minor grammy nomination was because of the feature on Drake's ONE DANCE , and he got nominated for a minor contribution done on a foreign work.

You saying he's the most toured artist is just pure ignorance, cause i have never seen a wizkid proper europe tour apart from him going to the UK and Paris. Talking about a MOBO Award please dont even try to prove a useless point by saying wizkid is better than the other nominees. Even Davido won a best african act by beating wizkid in the same award. burnaboy won a BET best international Act doesn't mean he's the best in the category.

Wizkid is a good artist no doubt, but at the moment Burnaboy is a better artist than him looking at his Discography and style of music. Most especially burnaboy was Grammy nominated for a full body of work (album), wizkid doesn't have any solid album till this day.

PS. You can have the most stream, awards and shut down the biggest halls but that doesn't make you a better artist, if you are the best it will definitely show in your songs and work.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Ambber(f): 5:59pm On Feb 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:
Nobody paved way for you after plagiarizing almost all of fela's songs. undecided

Before anybody starts attacking and calling me hater, please note there's a big difference between sampling and copyright theft.

He sampled Angelique Kidjo too

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bella Shmurda Congratulates Omah Lay And Self On Becoming Landlords / Mary Remmy Goes Bald For New Movie (Photos) / Throwback Photo Of Actress Rita Edochie, Pete Edochie's Younger Brother's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.