Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me (40014 Views)

It's Madness For Burna Boy To Say No One Paved The Way For Him - Jaywon(vid) / Didi Ekanem: How Mercy Johnson Paved Way For Curvy Women In Nigeria / Mr Eazi: “I Paved The Way For African Artistes In London” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Basic123: 9:06am On Feb 13, 2020
shogsman:
If it's not for the likes of dbanj,2face,psqare that brought Nigeria music to international stardom this boy won't see shit from his songs.
you are distorting history l
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by AgentGoat: 9:07am On Feb 13, 2020
Look at this modafoka?

Well I stopped listening to his songs after 'like to party'.

He started smoking weed excessively.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Basic123: 9:11am On Feb 13, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

I swear I wonder why people are not talking about this, if not for their split I don't think people like Davido and Wizkid would have audience at all, psquare was the face of Nigeria music industry globally, they did songs that penetrated even the middle east and Arab countries, even Michael Jackson's family had to invite them to America at some point..

Burna Boy just fall my hand big time really..

Nothing person no go see for this Zoo..
so many teenagers on nairaland

whizkid has been having audience before psquare split

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by dude99(m): 9:11am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:
I'm very different from the 3 comments above me , but I think I'm not going to join the bandwagon of people who sit behind their China phone to rubbish the effort of great men while coming up, see their mouth like parrot ," if wizkid no fit collect Grammy who is Burna" is like your village people are winning abi. I'm not a die hard burns fan but I appreciate his works and talents . Dont quote me with facts at least he was nominated for Grammy. They haven't nominated you for any award in your discipline and you're here judging and talking down on one of our living legends . Nonsense and shibaraba
How do you know I use China phone? ... anyways you're right! grin

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 13, 2020
He's right.
He started out as an underdog.
Not being a Yoruba also didn't do him any favour.
You want to say burna is mad but dude knows where his true fans are. He can see from his online streams, his YouTube dashboard and seem not to care.
It hurts him and I actually think he should have posted more cryptic words than these.
It doesn't make sense creating more enemies than you can actually fight.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Basic123: 9:12am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
If you were to be him,you will act that way ....If you know how Nigerians belittled this guy you for understand why he will never give a fu*ck on Nigerians... Nigerians are so good on talking you down when they don't understand what you do..Burna boy was seriously underated in Nigeria..Nigerians started accepting when global recogniton brought him to us....

An average Nigerian believes whizkid sings better that seun-kuti..or davido sings better than dare art Alade. That's just it...Our problem in Nigeria is crowd mentality

Nigerian recognition brought him to the world. simple!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Equity15(m): 9:13am On Feb 13, 2020
udoekere:
Mtcheeeeew audio Grammy.BurnaBoy was underated but I think he is now overrated.if people like wizkid and David can't win Grammy then who are u.
exactly my thought started having this thoughts since 2019..he's now over rated honestly. he previous album were much more dope than the over hyped African giant
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Gentlemanforyou: 9:16am On Feb 13, 2020
dude99:

How do you know I use China phone? ... anyways you're right! grin

Lol no cap boss grin
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Subonbon(m): 9:20am On Feb 13, 2020
udoekere:
Mtcheeeeew audio Grammy.BurnaBoy was underated but I think he is now overrated.if people like wizkid and David can't win Grammy then who are u.
no be lie!!
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Wendybrown(f): 9:21am On Feb 13, 2020
Kelamma:
Stfu You fela wannabe. Nobody did it alone. Oyibos are listening to your song and you forgot that it came as a result of other people's hard work, pain and resilience. The trials and errors of your predecessors are what got you where you are. Pay homage boy, don't be a brat.

you've said my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by candygist: 9:22am On Feb 13, 2020
udoekere:

If them put Davido and Burna boy inside one stage. You feel Davido will do better than Burna ?
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by NamelessOGBENI(m): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2020
'Tis Burna opinion and it's not a fact...
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Wendybrown(f): 9:26am On Feb 13, 2020
Joshmodest:
I kinda knew this was going to happen , burnaboy was surely going to mis- yarn ....
Wizkid is proud and arrogant people say this all the time yet never has he made this kinda statement....
I was a fan of burnaboy even when few people appreciated his music ...but apparently the line btw confidence and pride is thin or non existent .....
Wizkid in 2016 was clearly bigger than burna's last year , he was on a song that had over a billion streams on Spotify ...setting record for most streamed song on planet Earth , he was on top of the billboard hot 100 , first among his peers in the whole of Africa , ad the only Nigerian home grown and maybe abroad to last there for 10 weeks in 13 countries....Wizkid was a blast that year , his come closer song made it to top 60 in the billboard charts , he got a Grammy nomination and yet didn't make this typa noise !
Let's not even talk of dbanj's Oliver twist , till date burnaboy has no song bigger than ojuelegba and come closer , even his African giant didn't make ot to the top 100 , Wizkid had sounds from the other side on no 109 ....
Dbanj , 2 face , Wizkid all paved way for burnaboy , whether he agrees or not , when Drake started featuring Wizkid he was still using burnaboy as a ghost song writer , he shouldn't think we've forgotten !!!!

The fact still speaks for itself. he's just an arrogant fellow.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by internationalman(m): 9:34am On Feb 13, 2020
Goldencheese:
Thumbs up. You said it all. Does not bear repeating your brilliant comment.

He should just take it easy and make friends not enemies. Tubaba is so humble you wouldn't know he's sold more records than this new breed of singers.

Of course, 2baba grass to grace album is one if the hidgest selling and best album if all time yet you don't hear him hype his influence in naija music scene all the time..

Ever wonder why he's the most loved celebrity in Nigeria despite his numerous shortcomings

3 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Wendybrown(f): 9:40am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
please tell yourself the truth..Do you listen to more of these people you mentioned ?? How many of their songs you get for your phone or house ?? Burna devised a standard from already battered one... He paved his way himself.....most of una started liking him when the recognition started coming ...

You might be right if we are talking about national recognition sadly we're not, the recognition we're talking about is the international one and yes Kidjo as an afro beat musician is way bigger than Burna boy in tge international scene same as Seun Kuti for him to have been nominated twice. Burna boy is just being needlessly arrogant and it's uncalled for.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nonsensetalk: 9:48am On Feb 13, 2020
olivegirl:
This dude always feel that life should revive around him. He is very good idiots. I just imagine his relationship with his friends. A man who answered people yes sir but deep down he believed he deserved that yes sir from same person he answered yes sir. I am deleting his songs right now.
He doesn't knw u exists....neither did he knws u have his songs on ur phone ....
So save urself that stress....and leave dos good music...
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by iamDrRhymes(m): 9:48am On Feb 13, 2020
henryobinna:
this guy don dey feel himself

When wizkid blow around 2009 was there Instagram and other social media to hype his songs...

Na say them don hype Burna too much that's why he's talking crap, Psquare, 2baba, dbanj went places they did a lot of things and achievements just that there wasn't much exposure for the naija music... now he's enjoying the foundation they all laid only to be bragging about bringing respect bla bla bla...

does he know there are lots of Nigerians who still don't listen to his songs?

Get your facts right, wizkid came into the game with holla at your boy in 2011. So this is his tenth year.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 9:49am On Feb 13, 2020
Goldencheese:
Thumbs up. You said it all. Does not bear repeating your brilliant comment.

He should just take it easy and make friends not enemies. Tubaba is so humble you wouldn't know he's sold more records than this new breed of singers.

Which 2 Baba are you talking about? You people should just stop saying what you don’t know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by kingjrofficial(m): 9:50am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
If you were to be him,you will act that way ....If you know how Nigerians belittled this guy you for understand why he will never give a fu*ck on Nigerians... Nigerians are so good on talking you down when they don't understand what you do..Burna boy was seriously underated in Nigeria..Nigerians started accepting when global recogniton brought him to us....

An average Nigerian believes whizkid sings better that seun-kuti..or davido sings better than dare art Alade. That's just it...Our problem in Nigeria is crowd mentality
Lol.. "Crowd Mentality" was the song that brought M.I Abaga to limelight 2006

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:
I'm very different from the 3 comments above me , but I think I'm not going to join the bandwagon of people who sit behind their China phone to rubbish the effort of great men while coming up, see their mouth like parrot ," if wizkid no fit collect Grammy who is Burna" is like your village people are winning abi. I'm not a die hard burns fan but I appreciate his works and talents . Dont quote me with facts at least he was nominated for Grammy. They haven't nominated you for any award in your discipline and you're here judging and talking down on one of our living legends . Nonsense and shibaraba

Don’t mind dem, most of them listen to Tope alani and come here to chat rubbish. Even Chris brown self never collect Grammy. Do you think it is easy to be nominated for Grammy. That boy is the greatest right now after Fela.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 13, 2020
englishmart:
If he had won in the Grammys, I would have completely doubted the credibility of the Grammy awards. Non but one of his songs makes sense

which one jare? because all of his songs are uninteresting to me.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by kingjrofficial(m): 9:54am On Feb 13, 2020
Ubong005:
From the comments I'm seeing here; I'm convinced alot of people didn't want this guy to win that Grammy.
Including you.....

ODë

so we can't figure the truth out when we see one??
this guy is arrogant and ungrateful....... those we listen to his songs plays a major role in paving for him, without fans, he won't get paid and spite this trash

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by henryobinna(m): 9:55am On Feb 13, 2020
iamDrRhymes:

Get your facts right, wizkid came into the game with holla at your boy in 2011. So this is his tenth year.
thanks for the correction, I might be wrong with the year but my point is valid...

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Mrrationalshop: 9:58am On Feb 13, 2020
PotatoSalad:

He did? Damn.
What's the title of the track or should I say tracks? grin
anybody

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Antoeni(m): 10:00am On Feb 13, 2020
This Pride is what will Destroy Him,
In fact the Countdown to his Destruction has Started.
Stupid Child

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by lastchild: 10:04am On Feb 13, 2020
Gentlemanforyou:
if you were to be burna boy's manager would you allow such tweet? People killing their careers With theirs own hands, don't you know that this tweet can never give him one single extra fan rather take away many from him

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Jeamillz2020(m): 10:12am On Feb 13, 2020
Dats why you lose the Grammy many more losses to your elbow correct stupid NIGGA
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Aidejay(m): 10:14am On Feb 13, 2020
Psquare still has the top two best selling albums in Nigeria of all time and they aren't as overhyped as some of the latest acts, you want to know why?
Because of social media. Social media is the new drug if psquare had it Imagine what they would have done.
But burna still made sense one can imagine that things Nigerian artists had to go through to get recognized or get appreciated across boarders from the top of my head I can mention 2 like BET giving Africans award backstage to artists paying huge sums for collaboration and the person didn't do a good enough job or didn't come through at all example of such is meek mill/mi issue. But all that has become a thing of the past as now afrobeats doesn't need all that validation just up load your song on til tok the next thing you are setting a new record (lil nas x) the landscape has changed.
Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by Nobody: 10:17am On Feb 13, 2020
Kenturkey048:
which of those you mentioned up there sings afrobeat....
Wizkid was the 1st afropop artiste to sing fela afrobeats. FACT.

No one did it before him. He merged it perfectly & brought dt sound to mainstream music first. When he sang 'jaiyejaiye' and 'sweet love' Burnaboy was still doing afropop r&b. And the rest of the industry at that time were into the 'electro dance tune' in afropop. Especially with mohits & Psquares large influence. Dont whitewash history and gve respect to who it's due. Some of wizkids songs are still laced with afrobeats cos fela is one of his music idols, but he doesn't dwell on the style. One idiot listened to DJTunez/Wizkid gbese with me last year & had the audacity to say he copied Burnaboy style.

The truth is a lot of Nigerian music fandom don't really follow these artistes music truly & half the time don't know what they're talking about. You are one of them.

4 Likes

Re: Burna Boy: Nobody Paved Way For Me by PapaAdanna: 10:18am On Feb 13, 2020
He is right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Bella Shmurda Congratulates Omah Lay And Self On Becoming Landlords / The Darker Skinned Munachi Is More Beautiful (PHOTOS) / Banky W, Adesua Etomi, Tobi Bakre And Alex In Adorable Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.