Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,105 members, 7,953,376 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:10 PM

Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes (48709 Views)

"I Am Sorry For campaigning Naked For Tinubu" - Olaiya Igwe / Ebenezer Obey's Son, Olayinka, Is Dead / Victor Olaiya, Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by adeniyi65(m): 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Calling Victor Olaiyan his mentor is a great show of humility from Tuface.

We all know Victor Olaiyan may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not mass-loved until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi Da".
Prior to then, he was just a regional local champion; a favourite amongst mediocre bar-lovers.

It's a shame he died in penury too.
The least the governors of the SouthWest states could have done for him was to give him the contract of composing an anthem for their Amotekun vigilante.
sry to say you can't be more than 18yrs old downward.victor olaiya had become king in the 50s to 80s.where was 2face in those years? habeg comprehend wella whenever you want to give your opinion on public matters.2face knew what he said.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by NigeriaBam: 12:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
May God Be With His Families
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by sexyking1: 12:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We all know Victor Olaiyan may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not mass-loved until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi Da".
Prior to then, he was just a regional local champion; a favourite amongst mediocre bar-lovers.

It's a shame he died in penury too.
The least the governors of the SouthWest states could have done for him was to give him the contract of composing an anthem for their Amotekun vigilante.
Shut up indomie generation! I'm very sure you weren't born any date near 90s

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by ZombieHUNT: 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
arsenal33:
Think of who will remember you?
Are you one of the ambassadors of Ruga..

When are you donating your fathers land to the herdsmen
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by gowonmaharajah(m): 12:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
SultanOfPuna:
To Imagine that one day 2face and co will grow old and die
to imagine that one day sultanofpuna and all nairalanders will grow old and die.

3 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by sangresan(m): 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Some of us know Tubaba took him on shows so he'd have something to take back home because Baba and the many women he married mismanaged the proceeds of his fame.

Unlike Dan Maraya Jos who was loved in the South East or Osita Osadebe that was worshipped in Kano, Victor's songs never made it to the SouthEast.

It's a shame he died in penury too despite his great songs.

Victor Olaiyan is dead, but his good music lives on.

You're just exposing your ignorance here....

3 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Thirteenblood: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2020
Wow
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2020
naptu2:
Nollywood stars cover Baby Jowo

Tade Ogidan is a legendary TV and movie producer. He brought together some Nigerian actors and actresses and got them to do a cover of Victor Olaiya's classic song, Baby Jowo.

Richard Mofe Damijo is the lead singer, can you identify the other actors and actresses?

OGD All Stars - Baby Jowo (2008).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nb_BA6kmBY
wow.. Uncle tade..always smiling.. Rest in peace Papingo.. Dr Victor Olaiya.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by arsenal33: 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Are you one of the ambassadors of Ruga..

When are you donating your fathers land to the herdsmen
So even your mother will not remember you. Fine
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 1:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Some of us know Tubaba took him on shows so he'd have something to take back home because Baba and the many women he married mismanaged the proceeds of his fame.

Unlike Dan Maraya Jos who was loved in the South East or Osita Osadebe that was worshipped in Kano, Victor's songs never made it to the SouthEast.

It's a shame he died in penury too despite his great songs.

Victor Olaiyan is dead, but his good music lives on.
stop displaying ignorance on internet, many women he married? Yes he married 4 to 5 women. 2 stayed in his house.. And he has lots of children all graduates and all doing well and I can authoritatively tell you that Victor olaiya is not worth less than 4 billion naira with his few assets am aware of.. So stop saying what you don't know because internet is forever.

Now to worshiping artist in regions. Are you aware Fela played under Victor olaiya? Same as Bobby Benson, same as Orlando Owoh, sunny okosun, same as sir Shina Peter's? Ace by shina Peter's was even shot in his stadium hotel, I can't even count the others, do you know how many governors that throng stadium hotel every Saturday nights just to hang out codedly and listen to highlife? They grew up with it.

You want bàbà to sing anthem for Amotekun... Lolz I can't laugh, if only you knew how close Fayemi himself was close to the man.

People who appreciate his style of music are long gone, they are our grand fathers or great grand fathers.

Like I said don't say what you don't know as a fact on the internet.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by centurionpapa(m): 1:06pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ykc2:
In yoruba land Christian's listen to juju and high life music while Muslim listen to Fuji music ogboni people listen oro music,
yorubas inrespective of religions adore KSA, Obey Barrister collington etc

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ykc2:
In yoruba land Christian's listen to juju and high life music while Muslim listen to Fuji music ogboni people listen oro music,
in a way you are correct, but am a Christian, I listen to kwam1 too.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Seunpaul01(m): 1:08pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ykc2:
your minority the yorubas i mingled with they all Christian's they dont even want to hear malaika or pasuma,toafeek my friend dont even know who is dayo kujore,you know am saying the truth

I would have agree u are saying the truth if I had understood what you posted.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 1:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ykc2:
your minority the yorubas i mingled with they all Christian's they dont even want to hear malaika or pasuma,toafeek my friend dont even know who is dayo kujore,you know am saying the truth
this is not true, unless your taofeek friend is from ilorin and not enlighten or an indomie generation, yes fuji music came from Islamic music, that does not make Christian yorubas who understand not to vibe to it, juju came from highlife music, all am saying is right now it just depends on peoples preferences and mostly environments, if you are a Christian and you are a mechanic, artisans or a NURTW worker most likely you will prefer fuji than juju music because of the environment you operate, if you are a Muslim and you are in the corporate world most likely juju music will be your preferred choice, it's all about entertainment.

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Exmilitant(m): 1:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Buhari continues to ridicule himself

How will he be remembered

Who will pay tribute to him when his time comes.

Zombies belong to the deepest and hottest part of hell
more than 25million persons voted him!
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by centurionpapa(m): 1:32pm On Feb 13, 2020
masseratti:
in a way you are correct, but am a chriwand I listen to kwam1 too.
He's not correct
orin dowo orin dola loje kin wa dupe by wasiu ayinde was popular among yoruba christians
A christian artisan will most likely vibe to saheed osupa music.
religion has little to do with it.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Bewisebenice18(m): 1:44pm On Feb 13, 2020
naptu2:
Most of the songs that I have posted have been remixes of his classic songs, but this is not a remix. This is the original.

This is one of my favourite childhood songs. Some Ghanaian musicians also sang this song.

Victor Olaiya - Bonsue

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdiwvaOPv8
Thanks
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by ZombieHUNT: 1:46pm On Feb 13, 2020
Exmilitant:
more than 25million persons voted him!
Including those in Borno that booed him yesterday...
Not knowing he was lifeless
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by rman: 2:23pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because Tubaba took him on shows sometimes so he'd have something to take back home because Baba and the many women he married mismanaged the proceeds of his fame.

We all know Victor Olaiya may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not mass-loved until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi Da".

Unlike Dan Maraya Jos who was loved in the South East or Osita Osadebe that was worshipped in Kano, Victor's songs never made it to the SouthEast till Tuface made it more acceptable.

Compared to his fame, I'd say he died in penury and that is a shame because a man like Victor should have been richer than Otedola.

Victor Olaiya is dead, but his good music lives on.

��� cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 13, 2020
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=86612871

You always think you are knowledgeable in some issues that is beyond your age.
Have you ever sat down to ask elders (including your parents) who Victor Olaiya was?
You said Tuface help him to popularize his songs( are you so daft to realize that life is in cycles or you are not familiar with law of diminishing returns).
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by robosky02(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13, 2020
Oh olaiya hmmm
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2020
centurionpapa:

He's not correct
orin dowo orin dola loje kin wa dupe by wasiu ayinde was popular among yoruba christians
A christian artisan will most likely vibe to saheed osupa music.
religion has little to do with it.

80% of kwam 1 instrumentalist are Christians, èsp Celestiains, even at that you can't dispute the fact that fuji came from Islamic music they use to wake people up during rammadan.that in a way made alot of Muslim to be in tune with it, that as aside like I said it depends on your environment Yorubas cares less about religious fanatism, they vibe to anything they like,they don't care, so far it sounds good to them.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Nobody: 3:19pm On Feb 13, 2020

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by naptu2: 3:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
Premier Music got him to remake most of his songs and these remakes have videos.

So this is a remake of Baby Jowo. The venue at which he is performing is his hotel, Stadium Hotel in Surulere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH6XV_5kLYk

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by ChristyB(f): 3:56pm On Feb 13, 2020
Rest on great man..
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Dollabiz: 3:57pm On Feb 13, 2020
Oh
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by deeva1: 4:50pm On Feb 13, 2020
Rest on Baba
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 5:25pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Because Tubaba took him on shows sometimes so he'd have something to take back home because Baba and the many women he married mismanaged the proceeds of his fame.

We all know Victor Olaiya may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not as evergreen or mass-loved like Nico Mbarga's until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi Da".
Prior to then, he was just a regional local champion; a favourite amongst mediocre bar-goers.

Unlike Dan Maraya Jos who was loved in the South East or Osita Osadebe that was worshipped in Kano, Victor's songs never made it to the SouthEast till Tuface made it more acceptable.

Compared to his fame, I'd say he died in penury and that is a shame because a man like Victor should have been richer than Otedola.

Victor Olaiya is dead, but his good music lives on.
I didn't even read your trash very well? Dr Victor Olaiya died in penury? Haaaa..... Lolzzz I doubt if tuface has the man's money, and am damn serious, he died in penury? You must be a joker.. His real estates am aware of only is worth over 4billion naira, #fact, non of his children ask him for money to eat... All I repeat all of them are successful in their chosen professions.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2020
Batam:
[quote author=NwaAmaikpe post=86612871

You always think you are knowledgeable in some issues that is beyond your age.
Have you ever sat down to ask elders (including your parents) who Victor Olaiya was?
You said Tuface help him to popularize his songs( are you so daft to realize that life is in cycles or you are not familiar with law of diminishing returns).he is even too ignorant to know that the man he said died in penury is actually a billionaire.

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by naptu2: 5:29pm On Feb 13, 2020
masseratti:
I didn't even read your trash very well? Dr Victor Olaiya died in penury? Haaaa..... Lolzzz I doubt if tuface has the man's money, and am damn serious, he died in penury? You must be a joker.. His real estates am aware of only is worth over 4billion naira, #fact, non of his children ask him for money to eat... All I repeat all of them are successful in their chosen professions.

grin grin grin grin

I can't believe that you are replying. He is trolling. His posts are designed to offend as many people as possible. They are not meant to be factual or to be taken seriously. He posts those comments in order to get attention, that's all.

It's quite obvious, even to the casual observer, that Dr Victor Olaiya was not living in penury.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naomi Campbell Excited As She Meets Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / Soldier Blasts Yung6ix Over His Scattered Teeth (Photos) / P-Square Shares Account Number Like Davido To Celebrate 40th Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.