Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,653 members, 7,955,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:45 AM

Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes (48716 Views)

"I Am Sorry For campaigning Naked For Tinubu" - Olaiya Igwe / Ebenezer Obey's Son, Olayinka, Is Dead / Victor Olaiya, Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 5:31pm On Feb 13, 2020
naptu2:

grin grin grin grin

I can't believe that you are replying. He is trolling. His posts are designed to offend as many people as possible. They are not meant to be factual or to be taken seriously. He posts those comments in order to get attention, that's all.

It's quite obvious, even to the casual observer, that Dr Victor Olaiya was not living in penury.
oh.. Thanks... I didn't observe he is an attention seeker, now I know, he is to be avoided like a plague.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2020
masseratti:
oh.. Thanks... I didn't observe he is an attention seeker, now I know, he is to be avoided like a plague.
He's the father of Moji Olaiya (the late Yoruba actress who died in Canada while giving birth)
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by masseratti: 8:10pm On Feb 13, 2020
DeejaywonDJ1:

He's the father of Moji Olaiya (the late Yoruba actress who died in Canada while giving birth)
that's a story for another day.. I hear you.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by feedthenation(m): 12:00am On Feb 14, 2020
The legend of musician legends, not only in Nigeria, but in West Africa and beyond, Dr Victor Olaiya is so adept in singing in different languages.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by meetolu(m): 8:24am On Feb 14, 2020
Jeeez! I never knew the word "Odoyewe" has been existing in Nigerian music for like forever until I listened to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VdiwvaOPv8

Never knew Philip has a recording company then.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by amstamon: 10:45am On Feb 14, 2020
masseratti:
stop displaying ignorance on internet, many women he married? Yes he married 4 to 5 women. 2 stayed in his house.. And he has lots of children all graduates and all doing well and I can authoritatively tell you that Victor olaiya is not worth less than 4 billion naira with his few assets am aware of.. So stop saying what you don't know because internet is forever.

Now to worshiping artist in regions. Are you aware Fela played under Victor olaiya? Same as Bobby Benson, same as Orlando Owoh, sunny okosun, same as sir Shina Peter's? Ace by shina Peter's was even shot in his stadium hotel, I can't even count the others, do you know how many governors that throng stadium hotel every Saturday nights just to hang out codedly and listen to highlife? They grew up with it.

You want bàbà to sing anthem for Amotekun... Lolz I can't laugh, if only you knew how close Fayemi himself was close to the man.

People who appreciate his style of music are long gone, they are our grand fathers or great grand fathers.

Like I said don't say what you don't know as a fact on the internet.
Even the late daughter (moji olaiya) worth $1.3 million, and some indomie children said he was poor

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Jyde89: 10:59am On Feb 14, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Calling Victor Olaiyan his mentor is a great show of humility from Tuface.
Because Tubaba took him on shows sometimes so he'd have something to take back home because Baba and the many women he married mismanaged the proceeds of his fame.

We all know Victor Olaiya may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not as evergreen or mass-loved like Nico Mbarga's until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi Da".
Prior to then, he was just a regional local champion; a favourite amongst mediocre bar-goers.

Unlike Dan Maraya Jos who was loved in the South East or Osita Osadebe that was worshipped in Kano, Victor's songs never made it to the SouthEast till Tuface made it more acceptable.

Compared to his fame, I'd say he died in penury and that is a shame because a man like Victor should have been richer than Otedola.
The least the governors of the SouthWest states could have done for him was to give him the contract of composing an anthem for their Amotekun vigilante.

Victor Olaiya is dead, but his good music lives on.

I wanted to storm out at you firing on all cylinders, but then I checked your moniker again and I rescinded my decision. your madness precedes you so I won't waste my time replying.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Jonah507(m): 7:34am On Feb 15, 2020
post=86612866:
May God give his family the fortitude to bear this huge loss.
RIP to a Legend.
HEROES COME AND GO,
LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER!!

This bring this Evergreen song to us all over again.

Baby Jowo Victor Olaiya feat 2Baba

Baba Victor Olaiya :
E ba mi so fun sisi yen ko ma i lo o,
Mo ti so wipe faaji t'ele la wa.
E ba mi so fun sisi yen ko ma i sa lo,
Mo ti so wipe faaji t'ele la wa.
Sisi j'owo, ma i lo o.
Omode nse mi, dear mi da.
Duro de mi, ko gbe mi s'aya
Ko wa fife tutu s'aya mi o

2 Face :
I say make you stop am before you make person mad o
Ejo Ejo Ejo Ejo E so fun sisi yen Ko ma i lo ma i lo.
My baby bebe nlo, bebe nlo.
Me and you together,
Together Na you go be my omo to san, omo to san Na you,
Only youuuuu Somebody tell am say, Like this, like that Victor Duro de mi, ko gbe mi s'aya
Ko wa fife tutu s'aya mi o.
Tuface Ko bu a t'elo, ka'la do/6x Because Omo tu ga'ra 6x

Once again : RIP Great Man.
Sleep well sir.

HEROES COME AND GO,
LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER!!

Thanks Jonah! wink

Most welcome my brother

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by patwilly(m): 8:46pm On Feb 19, 2020
patwilly:

naptu2 , please what's the name of the second singer after RMD..Been trying to remember his name for a long time now. Thank you.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by naptu2: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
[quote author=patwilly post=86793804][/quote]

Lanre Balogun?
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by paulolee(m): 10:05pm On Feb 23, 2020
Solomon8144:

Beggar. But if he give you go jokingly collect am.

Dumb beggar fvck off
don't Kno Y nairaland peps are xo pained dis days...maybe na bcoz kids don plenty online...incase u don't Kno I wud gladly collect whatever he gvs as a blessing to ma life, was jus joking arnd n besides I am bigger dan whatever tips he wud gv me...m talking of a show dt I splash 50k for me n Bea as fee n dis broke kid is talking trash
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Solomon8144: 10:43pm On Feb 23, 2020
paulolee:

don't Kno Y nairaland peps are xo pained dis days...maybe na bcoz kids don plenty online...incase u don't Kno I wud gladly collect whatever he gvs as a blessing to ma life, was jus joking arnd n besides I am bigger dan whatever tips he wud gv me...m talking of a show dt I splash 50k for me n Bea as fee n dis broke kid is talking trash
Beggar get out.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by paulolee(m): 11:03pm On Feb 23, 2020
Solomon8144:

Beggar get out.

wunt reply u Eva again bcoz I Kno dt if u c me for real u can't say dt 2 ma face...d lazy gods of ur stupid ancestral generation can't even gv u d mind to try tell me such xo I forgive u...go n sin no more u son of a nitwit..
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Solomon8144: 8:08am On Feb 24, 2020
paulolee:

wunt reply u Eva again bcoz I Kno dt if u c me for real u can't say dt 2 ma face...d lazy gods of ur stupid ancestral generation can't even gv u d mind to try tell me such xo I forgive u...go n sin no more u son of a nitwit..
Corporate beggar get out please. Lazy idiot. Hungry beggar grin
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by patwilly(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2020
naptu2:

Lanre Balogun?
Yes. Lanre Balogun is his name.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naomi Campbell Excited As She Meets Ngozi Okonjo-iweala / P-Square Shares Account Number Like Davido To Celebrate 40th Birthday / Lalasticlala Show Off His Cute Daughter's Face, Set For Church Child Dedication

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.