Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,956 members, 7,821,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes (48439 Views)

"I Am Sorry For campaigning Naked For Tinubu" - Olaiya Igwe / Ebenezer Obey's Son, Olayinka, Is Dead / Victor Olaiya, Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by talk2hb1(m): 11:41am On Feb 13, 2020
Okay Noted......
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by princeFAD: 11:44am On Feb 13, 2020
Olaiya’s death should not be seeing as a sad news, rather it is a celebration of life. No one would not die, We all pray for long life and prosperity. Baba has enjoyed both. He didnt die a horrible death, rather he took a bow from this world at the age of 90. He contributed his quota musically and in other areas. So RIP the great legend

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by ttobizz(m): 11:47am On Feb 13, 2020
I get give to the Legend
RIP great one
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Jonah507(m): 11:48am On Feb 13, 2020
post=86612866:

May God give his family the fortitude to bear this huge loss.
RIP to a Legend.
HEROES COME AND GO,
LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER!!

This bring this Evergreen song to us all over again.

Baby Jowo Victor Olaiya feat 2Baba

Baba Victor Olaiya :
E ba mi so fun sisi yen ko ma i lo o,
Mo ti so wipe faaji t'ele la wa.
E ba mi so fun sisi yen ko ma i sa lo,
Sisi j'owo, ma i lo o.
Omode nse mi, dear mi da.
Duro de mi, ko gbe mi s'aya
Ko wa fife tutu s'aya mi o

2 Face :
I say make you stop am before you make person mad o
Ejo Ejo Ejo Ejo E so fun sisi yen Ko ma i lo ma i lo.
My baby bebe nlo, bebe nlo.
Me and you together,
Together Na you go be my omo to san, omo to san Na you,
Only youuuuu Somebody tell am say, Like this, like that Victor Duro de mi, ko gbe mi s'aya
Ko wa fife tutu s'aya mi o.
Tuface Ko bu a t'elo, ka'la do/6x Because Omo tu ga'ra 6x

Once again : RIP Great Man.
Sleep well sir.

HEROES COME AND GO,
LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER!!

Verse 2( 2 face)
Ala do'o koho gwun tan noo(x2)
Because ohum' otu gaga
Oyi a hum' otu gaga

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by sosospence(m): 11:49am On Feb 13, 2020
realokopi:
RIP to the legend.
I checked the social media handles of some of the so called Nigerian celebrities who were busy paying tribute to Kobe Bryant (I am not saying they did wrong by paying him tribute) who many of them didn't even know until his demise but a legend in their own backyard died and they didn't even give a f*ck.
#Hypocrites
No.Few of them have done that.Besides,Kobe died in his 40's,Baba Victor's death is a celebration of life.

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Saint99: 11:49am On Feb 13, 2020
R.I.P to the legend
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Donvictor2015: 11:51am On Feb 13, 2020
2baba. The real nigga
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by OzilBaba50: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
Officialgarri:

I swear grin

A rare picture of his brain....
[/s]
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Solomon8144: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2020
paulolee:
a life well spent...wud surely miss an icon... remember d day I saw him n 2face perform dier hit single live somewhere in Abuja...met him at backstage n joking asked him for tips bt baba said dt dm Neva pay am pension oo
Beggar. But if he give you go jokingly collect am.

Dumb beggar fvck off
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by OzilBaba50: 11:53am On Feb 13, 2020
post=86612974:

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Olufemiolaolu(m): 11:53am On Feb 13, 2020
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by donteddy(m): 11:55am On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Calling Victor Olaiyan his mentor is a great show of humility from Tuface.

We all know Victor Olaiyan may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not mass-loved until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi".

Indomie generation. Who told you this? Before the advent of Afro Hip Hop this are the Ppl that keep Nigerians busy

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by 01mcfadden(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2020
realokopi:
RIP to the legend.
I checked the social media handles of some of the so called Nigerian celebrities who were busy paying tribute to Kobe Bryant (I am not saying they did wrong by paying him tribute) who many of them didn't even know until his demise but a legend in their own backyard died and they didn't even give a f*ck.
#Hypocrites
You guys forming Mr. Know it all should be the face of hypocrisy.
Who are you to dictate to someone who to mourn?
A foreigner in a far away land may have greater influence on me than the one in my backyard.
So what's the fuss?
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Supernatural28(m): 11:56am On Feb 13, 2020
Rest well sir
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Johnboom: 11:57am On Feb 13, 2020
Victor Olaiya, the true son of Ekiti Soil. Rest in Peace.
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Seunpaul01(m): 11:57am On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We all know Victor Olaiyan may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not mass-loved until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi".

Are u for real?

He (2face) did not help him. He was even happy and blessed to have feature a legend like dat. Obviously, u were not born when the song reign in the 90s'.

Infact, he helped 2face.

6 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Spectrum22: 12:00pm On Feb 13, 2020
One by one our golden generation performers are living us.

RIP sir.

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by ObaIgwe1: 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

We all know Victor Olaiyan may have been talented in highlife but his songs struggled and were not mass-loved until Tuface helped him remix "Baby Mi Da".

Now I have an idea of your age range.... cheesy

Indomie generation!

Before Tuface, there was Victor Olaiya; and no party was called a banger without one or two of Olaiya's musics

5 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by kkulaja(m): 12:01pm On Feb 13, 2020
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Wetin indomie generation sabi pass 2face and Davido Olamide

Dr Victor Olaiya was a great talent who sings in several languages u will ever imagine
The few songs he did are all very good songs, only music was not promoted in their time as it is today ..

Tuface na omomo to Victor Olaiya
Nuff respect to the highlife legend
Sir Dr Victor Olaiya RIP

5 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Seunpaul01(m): 12:02pm On Feb 13, 2020
Ykc2:
In yoruba land Christian's listen to juju and high life music while Muslim listen to Fuji music ogboni people listen oro music,

I'm a Christian and I listen to all the music u listed. It is the same with majority of my Christian friends. Most of the time I listen to awure ale on radio Lagos FM.

2 Likes

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by toprealman: 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2020
Waiting for Burna boy to erupt as usual
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Ykc2(m): 12:05pm On Feb 13, 2020
Seunpaul01:

I'm a Christian and I listen to all the music u listed. It is the same with majority of my Christian friends. Most of the time I listen to awure ale on radio Lagos FM.
your minority the yorubas i mingled with they all Christian's they dont even want to hear malaika or pasuma,toafeek my friend dont even know who is dayo kujore,you know am saying the truth
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by adeniyi65(m): 12:09pm On Feb 13, 2020
naptu2:
Nollywood stars cover Baby Jowo

Tade Ogidan is a legendary TV and movie producer. He brought together some Nigerian actors and actresses and got them to do a cover of Victor Olaiya's classic song, Baby Jowo.

Richard Mofe Damijo is the lead singer, can you identify the other actors and actresses?

OGD All Stars - Baby Jowo (2008).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nb_BA6kmBY
they did good.association of olden actors and actresses grin
meanwhile,I miss 2face version in the cover.that omunwana jor,Katee ×2 omo du dajo grin
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by Lucky5000(m): 12:11pm On Feb 13, 2020
Rest on Sir
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by naptu2: 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2020
adeniyi65:

they did good.association of olden actors and actresses grin
meanwhile,I miss 2face version in the cover.that omunwana jor,Katee ×2 omo du dajo grin

grin You know this one was done before the remix with 2Face. This one was done in 2008, while the remix with 2Face was done in 2013.

1 Like

Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by arsenal33: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
Buhari continues to ridicule himself

How will he be remembered

Who will pay tribute to him when his time comes.

Zombies belong to the deepest and hottest part of hell
Think of who will remember you?
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by OzilBaba50: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2020
[s]
post=86612866:
May God give his family the fortitude to bear this huge loss.
RIP to a Legend.
HEROES COME AND GO,
LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER!!

This bring this Evergreen song to us all over again.

Baby Jowo Victor Olaiya feat 2Baba

Baba Victor Olaiya :
E ba mi so fun sisi yen ko ma i lo o,
E ba mi so fun sisi yen ko ma i sa lo,
Sisi j'owo, ma i lo o.
Omode nse mi, dear mi da.
Duro de mi, ko gbe mi s'aya
Ko wa fife tutu s'aya mi o

2 Face :
I say make you stop am before you make person mad o
Ejo Ejo Ejo Ejo E so fun sisi yen Ko ma i lo ma i lo.
My baby bebe nlo, bebe nlo.
Me and you together,
Together Na you go be my omo to san, omo to san Na you,
Only youuuuu Somebody tell am say, Like this, like that Victor Duro de mi, ko gbe mi s'aya
Ko wa fife tutu s'aya mi o.
Tuface Ko bu a t'elo, ka'la do/6x Because Omo tu ga'ra 6x

Once again : RIP Great Man.
Sleep well sir.

HEROES COME AND GO,
LEGENDS LIVE FOREVER!!

To that young man below,
It is well!!
What happens to respecting the dead,
A legend at that?!
Once again......it is well!!
[/s]
Re: Victor Olaiya: 2face, KWAM1, Ebenezer Obey And Other Stars Pay Tributes by patwilly(m): 12:18pm On Feb 13, 2020
naptu2:
Nollywood stars cover Baby Jowo

Tade Ogidan is a legendary TV and movie producer. He brought together some Nigerian actors and actresses and got them to do a cover of Victor Olaiya's classic song, Baby Jowo.

Richard Mofe Damijo is the lead singer, can you identify the other actors and actresses?

OGD All Stars - Baby Jowo (2008).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nb_BA6kmBY
naptu2 , please what's the name of the second singer after RMD..Been trying to remember his name for a long time now. Thank you.
Yes! I've gotten his name..Lanre Balogun. He was quite popular in Nollywood films in the late 90sand early 00s. He acted in a film..Battle of Love featuring Segun Arinze, Ramsey Noah, Rekiya Attah etc. I don't know if he's still alive though. Its been ages I heard about him.
cc: naptu2

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

AY And Mabel Makun At Yomi Casual's Wedding (Photos) / Tamar Braxton, Peter Okoye, Teni And Simi Hang Out In Lagos (Pics & Video) / Wizkid Reacts To His MOBO 2017 Best International Act Award (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.