Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299805 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:52am On Aug 06, 2020
Hey guys, how's it going? Hope everyone is doing good from wherever you're reading from.

As at today, Vietnam has sadly recorded 8 deaths due to Covid-19. Some of them had underlying cases though but this outbreak was really a sad one. The 6 Vietnamese who helped smuggle the Chinese people are in jail now. Covid numbers have also risen drastically compared to the first outbreak but again, these guys are doing a great job!

The country isn't on total lockdown but safety measures are back in place. Checking of temperature, compulsory mask wearing, hand sanitizers everywhere, social distancing, etc. Da Nang is still under lockdown and some areas in Hanoi that affected people were located. Thousands of people have been tested.

2 of my centers have closed since last week remaining one thankfully. I'm also in the process of getting a new job to make it four. Wish me luck.

It's good to see that most of the mails and WhatsApp messages I receive these days are about people who are taking initiatives. So while some are busy asking questions that have already been answered or sending me mails like I owe them answers and quidance, some are putting the answers to good use and have been offered admission or scheduled for interview. Some have been awarded scholarships. To this kind of people, I WILL ALWAYS respond and help with answers from the little I know or try to make enquiries. I know if not for the lockdown situation, a lot of eager people would have made progress too on their visa processing.

To the person who said he/she can't come here because of all the bikes, firstly....Pele ooo �

Also, maybe that was partly my fault for making it sound like there are only motorbikes in Vietnam. I actually went out of my way to go to the garage section of my building to take this photo. So bro or sis, you can always buy a car instead when you get here. I hope this picture also answers the question of the other guy who asked what kind of cars they have in Vietnam.

On what I've been up to lately, asides Netflix and games, mostly church stuff cos I've got a lot of free time on my hands. Yesterday, some of us church folks went to a village to teach English for free and build a relationship with the community and household that hosted us with the purpose of introducing Christ through love. Here are some of the pictures I took of the area. It's close to the mountains. It was raining so we couldn't really go further than we planned to but we got some good views

It's raining season now here. I've still not learnt which is Autumn or Spring. I'm just sure of Winter and Summer. The floods in Hanoi this period can be crazy and if you can picture Kanayo o Kanayo with that snickey smile with one hand on his mouth, that's the look I get when I see pictures and thank God I moved. Lol. It's not bad like in Nigeria though. It usually flows away after some minutes but if you're in the rain when it starts, sorry. Just park except you have experience driving in the flood plus your motorbike fit spoil.

Since I'm free this period as my next class is next week, I'm open and available to answer questions. Please drop them here so others can benefit. If you mailed or sent a message and I haven't replied, please send a reminder and I'll work on it

One more thing, if you have my WhatsApp number, please keep it professional. Don't be sending me BBCs or calling me sweet names or wishing me happy weekend. We can do all that when you get here and become friends. For now, please stick to the reason why you have the number.

Above all, stay safe guys and whether it's Vietnam or any other country, save money and LEAVE! You need to experience life outside of Nigeria so that at least if you want to change Nigeria, you have an idea of the way things are done in saner climes.

To all who offer encouragement when I post and give information. I see you guys. Cam on (Thank you)

28 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:52am On Aug 06, 2020
Car

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:53am On Aug 06, 2020
s

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:55am On Aug 06, 2020
You see this motorbike, if they tell you how much, you'll marvel. You can use it to get a second hand car in Nigeria. There are lots of them. I'll try and take pictures of other beauties like this

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:57am On Aug 06, 2020
These are pictures from the village. You can see the mountains

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:58am On Aug 06, 2020
v

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 3:59am On Aug 06, 2020
vl

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:00am On Aug 06, 2020
m

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:03am On Aug 06, 2020
r

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:19am On Aug 06, 2020
emperorblog21:
chai.. we don suffer for Nigeria o, this country is really worst.

so how you coping during the lockdown, hope therr govt provide for you.

Provide for you bawo?

The government and volunteers provide for people who are in isolation or in quarantine. Here are some pictures I pulled off the internet. Other than that, you fend for yourself. We still go to work so no issue.

During the first lockdown, some teacher were still being paid. The government also reduced electricity and water bills and landlords gave huge discounts.

The only people who were fed were those in quarantine and isolation. However, if you're having a hard time, there are lots of organisations including my church who support with food items and money. Just call the numbers posted online and they bring stuff to you

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:19am On Aug 06, 2020
i

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:20am On Aug 06, 2020
f

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:20am On Aug 06, 2020
fd

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:21am On Aug 06, 2020
g

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:22am On Aug 06, 2020
gh

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by NONNYG: 4:41am On Aug 06, 2020
Great thread, Nice update, @WhyNa I read Vietnam has quality clothes and hairs, can you please confirm that and is it advisable for one to go into such business, like buying and sending to Nigeria

Please Stay Safe

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:52am On Aug 06, 2020
If forgot to mention, if you're a fruit lover, you'll like it here. Fruits I've never seen or heard of before.

These are some fruits we got on our way back to Ecopark. Jackfruit and Custard apple

There also Soursop, Dragon fruit, Longan or something, this blue black fruit they toe in Nigeria that has a salty sour taste with seeds in them, plums grapes, every other fruit we have in Nigeria and they are all affordable

One thing I miss the most from home is my best food. Afang. Last week, I found spinach and since I have dried okazi, I blended it into a powder and made some Afang. My joy knows no bounds. Lol.

There's plantain here though not readily available. There's an African store here and I heard you can get some Nigeria ingredients. The only thing that will take me there is yam although someone said he saw yam in one of the villages but they give it to goats.

Kai, my chest. My beloved yam that I miss.I also just found our white Nigerian beans after seeing red, green, black purple beans up and down.

Point is, you can survive here with your ingredients from home and other things here and you're good to go. In as much as I love Vietnamese food, I only eat it when I go to visit friends or we hanging out or I'm far from home. Otherwise, I cook Nigerian food. and eat at home. My food stuff are still remaining and I'm sure I'm good for the next 6 months.

11 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:53am On Aug 06, 2020
jackfruit. There's another one that looks like this but really smelly. don't know the name

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:53am On Aug 06, 2020
Custard apple

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 4:58am On Aug 06, 2020
NONNYG:
Great thread, Nice update, @WhyNa I read Vietnam has quality clothes and hairs, can you please confirm that and is it advisable for one to go into such business, like buying and sending to Nigeria

Please Stay Safe

Clothes yes. It's funny to see all the popular shirts and sneakers and slippers in Nigeria here. Yes it's a lucrative business and I have it mind for the long run if God wills

For hair, I honestly doubt cos they import from China. I stand to be corrected on this but I haven't seen a Vietnamese hair extension shop here. The only one I have seen imported from China
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by NONNYG: 5:24am On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

Clothes yes. It's funny to see all the popular shirts and sneakers and slippers in Nigeria here. Yes it's a lucrative business and I have it mind for the long run if God wills

For hair, I honestly doubt cos they import from China. I stand to be corrected on this but I haven't seen a Vietnamese hair extension shop here. The only one I have seen imported from China
Thanks for swift response, i really appreciate. Do you mind if i pm you?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by PrinxArthur1(m): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:
jackfruit. There's another one that looks like this but really smelly. don't know the name
I think its durian
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:21am On Aug 06, 2020
PrinxArthur1:
I think its durian
Yup. You're right
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Tyteeso(m): 8:01am On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:
You see this motorbike, if they tell you how much, you'll marvel. You can use it to get a second hand car in Nigeria. There are lots of them. I'll try and take pictures of other beauties like this
Hehehe...no loud am, pple won't want to believe it, buh I know how much my bike worth when I bought mine back then...not to talk of lady's vespa

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SOFTDRINK: 8:38am On Aug 06, 2020
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2020
SOFTDRINK:

Please aside teaching, can one get jobs in the construction industry (heavy duty machine operations like crane, excavator, forklift etc) easily?

Yes but mostly their people due to language barrier

Except you know someone who works there and introduces you or get the job before coming here
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SOFTDRINK: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

Yes but mostly their people due to language barrier

Except you know someone who works there and introduces you or get the job before coming here
Thanks
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 9:29am On Aug 06, 2020
SOFTDRINK:
Thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in Vietnam working in the industry,I'm still making efforts if I can get an offer online.

All the best

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Chidonsky: 9:46am On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

All the best
are there menial jobs and company work for foreigners?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by okeyglm: 11:07am On Aug 06, 2020
how easily can one get China visa at the border ?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SpeciallyUnique(m): 11:11am On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

All the best

Great!!

@WhyNa I just sent you a mail. Kindly respond.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 11:25am On Aug 06, 2020
Chidonsky:
are there menial jobs and company work for foreigners?

It's the same reply I gave softdrink.

I've heard of foreigners working as waiters and coolks in restaurants and pizza places part time but this is not the US or UK and those things won't fetch you money.

If you have skills like in IT or construction, you can try applying online before coming here.

Any other thing you do don't pay good

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.