Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,915 members, 7,814,085 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam (299277 Views)

I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... / Breathtaking Bridge In Vietnam Looks Like Something From Lord Of The Rings(Pics) / My Regretfull Journey To Europe ( How It All Started ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (115) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Chidonsky: 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

It's the same reply I gave softdrink.

I've heard of foreigners working as waiters and coolks in restaurants and pizza places part time but this is not the US or UK and those things won't fetch you money.

If you have skills like in IT or construction, you can try applying online before coming here.

Any other thing you do don't pay good
thanks
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by otopxy: 12:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
Goodnews guys!

28 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 3:09pm On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

Provide for you bawo?

The government and volunteers provide for people who are in isolation or in quarantine. Here are some pictures I pulled off the internet. Other than that, you fend for yourself. We still go to work so no issue.

During the first lockdown, some teacher were still being paid. The government also reduced electricity and water bills and landlords gave huge discounts.

The only people who were fed were those in quarantine and isolation. However, if you're having a hard time, there are lots of organisations including my church who support with food items and money. Just call the numbers posted online and they bring stuff to you

oh that good to hear den.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SOFTDRINK: 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:
s
C
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by abilityC: 5:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
Thanks for sharing, personally i like to know how countries that are doing well are doing it and im seeing one thing here that is their government really cares for them,

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 6:14pm On Aug 06, 2020
SOFTDRINK:

Can one come in with tourist visa and get a work permit?

Nope. Tourist visa is hard to get for Nigerians and if you get, it's not up to a month
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by u3fine(m): 6:34pm On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

Nope. Tourist visa is hard to get for Nigerians and if you get, it's not up to a month
Can I get the business visa on arrival if I apply myself without a company sponsoring me?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SOFTDRINK: 7:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

Hmmmm, Nigeria don really cast.

Well, I also saw business visa on arrival for 3 months, I guess that will suffice. But the challenge now is how to get work permit if I decide to go with it.

Please,do you have any advice on how to get the permit?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 7:42pm On Aug 06, 2020
u3fine:

Can I get the business visa on arrival if I apply myself without a company sponsoring me?

All Vietnamese Visa Comes from Vietnam, so the answer is No. You have to get a company in Vietnam to help you process the Visa and send you Invitation Letter.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 7:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
SOFTDRINK:

Well, I also saw business visa on arrival for 3 months, I guess that will suffice. But the challenge now is how to get work permit if I decide to go with it.

You are not getting the point, the chances of you getting either Tourist or Business visa is close to impossible unless you have someone over there willing to do it for you.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 7:49pm On Aug 06, 2020
otopxy:
Goodnews guys! I have just been offered scholarship in a university in Ho Chi Minh city.

Congrats Bro, You can as well share the opportunity here too if you wish.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:50pm On Aug 06, 2020
u3fine:

No you can't

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:52pm On Aug 06, 2020
SOFTDRINK:

You can apply for that after you get here

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by WhyNa: 7:53pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

You are not getting the point, the chances of you getting either Tourist or Business visa is close to impossible unless you have someone over there willing to do it for you.

Tourist visa, near impossible. Business visa, possible

5 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by SOFTDRINK: 8:46pm On Aug 06, 2020
WhyNa:

You can apply for that after you get here

Tourist visa, near impossible. Business visa, possible

Thanks for taking time to clarify the issues raised.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by otopxy: 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

Congrats Bro, You can as well share the opportunity here too if you wish.

9 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 9:22pm On Aug 06, 2020
otopxy:

Well, the name of the school is Ton Duc Thang University.

The scholarship is 100%. I am requested to confirm my acceptance and provide further infirmation to help them arrange my visa.

Same here, did you submit IELTs?

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by otopxy: 9:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

No, I told them my language of instruction was English, and I am applying from a country where our lingua franca is English. it has been waived in my case

6 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Nobody: 10:24pm On Aug 06, 2020
otopxy:

Well, the name of the school is Ton Duc Thang University.

The scholarship is 100%. I am requested to confirm my acceptance and provide further infirmation to help them arrange my visa.

Nice. Do u know how much tuition is and how many scholarships are there? plz share
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 10:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
otopxy:

No, I told them my language of instruction was English, and I am applying from a country where our lingua franca is English. it has been waived in my case

You are not a Nigerian?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Coolberry: 10:40pm On Aug 06, 2020
NONNYG:
Great thread, Nice update, @WhyNa I read Vietnam has quality clothes and hairs, can you please confirm that and is it advisable for one to go into such business, like buying and sending to Nigeria

Please Stay Safe

WhyNa:

Clothes yes. It's funny to see all the popular shirts and sneakers and slippers in Nigeria here. Yes it's a lucrative business and I have it mind for the long run if God wills

For hair, I honestly doubt cos they import from China. I stand to be corrected on this but I haven't seen a Vietnamese hair extension shop here. The only one I have seen imported from China

Funny I've also been working on that cheesy
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by EbonyCy(f): 10:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

Please how about you...did you submit?
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 10:57pm On Aug 06, 2020
EbonyCy:

Please how about you...did you submit?

Yes but i guess it's not compulsory, if you get admitted the school will still do an English Evaluation Test for you when you get there but in my case I won't do the English Evaluation cos I submitted IELTs.

I felt IELTs will increase chances of getting scholarships but otopxy got it without IELTs.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 11:00pm On Aug 06, 2020
SkyOne11:

Nice. Do u know how much tuition is and how many scholarships are there? plz share

Tutuion is cheap about $2500 but just apply you might be accepted for scholarships, the school is looking for international Students.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by otopxy: 11:25pm On Aug 06, 2020
EbonyCy:

You are not a Nigerian?

I be Nigerian na. Check this thread from number one till this page, what language is used for communication? Na dem even make me realise say English language na our mother tongue oooo... lol...

4 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by otopxy: 11:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
Youonlyliveonce:

Yes but i guess it's not compulsory, if you get admitted the school will still do an English Evaluation Test for you when you get there but in my case I won't do the English Evaluation cos I submitted IELTs.

I felt IELTs will increase chances of getting scholarships but otopxy got it without IELTs.

Did you try to contact them to ask how about your application? �
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Triose95(m): 11:29pm On Aug 06, 2020
otopxy:
Goodnews guys! I have just been offered scholarship in a university in Ho Chi Minh city.

Otopxy, I got the 100percent scholarship as well

10 Likes

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Triose95(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2020
Otopxy, mind you the 100percent scholarship covers only Tuition and accommodation, living expenses is not part of it.
Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Pabloescobar1: 11:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
otopxy:

Sorry for getting all up in your business, but is their a specific age requirement for the Scholarship to be granted? and are you less than 25 years of age?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Triose95(m): 11:48pm On Aug 06, 2020
Pabloescobar1:

Sorry for getting all up in your business, but is their a specific age requirement for the Scholarship to be granted? and are you less than 25 years of age?

There is no age requirement, it is stated in their website

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by otopxy: 12:25am On Aug 07, 2020
Triose95:
Otopxy, mind you the 100percent scholarship covers only Tuition and accommodation, living expenses is not part of it.

Congrats bro. I know it is for Tuition and accommodation. That other expenses part tire me, where I go see money handle that one now?

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Hanoi, Vietnam by Youonlyliveonce: 12:36am On Aug 07, 2020
otopxy:

Congrats bro. I know it is for Tuition and accommodation. That other expenses part tire me, where I go see money handle that one now?

Funny, you want them to feed and take care of you too after giving Full Scholarship and free accomodation? Nigerians Ehn!

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (115) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.