Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

"And The Lord Repented" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "And The Lord Repented" (17902 Views)

Going To Church & Playing Gospel Music Is Not Enough, Have you really repented? / ✴The Seven Churches = 7 Kinds Of Churches Today. Two Are Repented / When Was The Last Time You Cried And Repented Of Wrong Against Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2020
lool
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by ignis: 10:10am On Feb 16, 2020
thesicilian:
''Repented'' there means He regretted, felt sorry or felt disappointed because of His decision to make Saul King over Israel. This you can tell if you read up the events leading to that statement. You shouldn't take sentences out of context and try to find meanings to them in isolation.

God bless you

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2020
fyneboi79:
Christianity is the most illogical set of thoughts imposed on fools through fear.
what fear, at least such fear doesn't involve beheading or throat slitting for leaving the "faith"

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:11am On Feb 16, 2020
He forgave himself.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Bacteriologist(m): 10:12am On Feb 16, 2020
The Bible is filled with so many errors.

Errors that clearly mirror it's authors as having the mentality of stone-age uneducated cattle herders.

An all-knowing, omnipotent god "repented." Smh

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:13am On Feb 16, 2020
Openbusiness:

God doesn't regret, how can God regret anything when as God he has power to change anything and do anything? Smh!
How does he change the choice of a people when he gave them a free will in the first place.

If he wanted people he could override their decisions and abilities to think he could have made us all like the animals case closed

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 16, 2020
tejpot:
Yes the Lord repented not as humans will. 'Repented' in this case simply means in a sorry state or in a state of grieve.

This same statement was also made in Genesis 6:6 when God was in a state of grieve for making man.

In any case God's plan is always accomplished, though he was disappointed but never surprised because there is eternal plan for whatever man's action brings.
JUST like saying the LORD REPENTED making BuBU the President.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Bacteriologist(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
what fear, at least such fear doesn't involve beheading or throat slitting for leaving the "faith"

Yup. But all that's needed is a Bible verse that remotely suggests death for apostasy and ex-christians would be in the same danger as ex-muslims.

Both religions are that dangerous.

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by liveyourlife007(m): 10:14am On Feb 16, 2020
SO GOD CAN BEND TO THE WILL OF MAN. I SEE THAT AS WEAKNESS

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Olam09(m): 10:15am On Feb 16, 2020
fyneboi79:
sugar-coat it all you like, failure to know beforehand is failure all the same.
don't quote me again you this muslim yoruba i rebuke you smiley
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 16, 2020
fyneboi79:
Christianity is the most illogical set of thoughts imposed on fools through fear.
U have said it ALL.
Although I dey Church now.
For Years I have not been there.
Let me visit today, to see how things have been altered.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by thundafire: 10:15am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
Regretted is the meaning

And if you check further than that verse you would understand it was justified.

Btw, it was the children of Israel that lamented they needed a king to be like other nations too.

God already had his plan for them but since they couldn't wait he sent Samuel to annoint their choice for them so it wasn't his own choice he regretted on
because His ways are not our ways
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fyneboi79(m): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
What fear??... Eternal condemnation! Hell fire!!

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Firebomber: 10:16am On Feb 16, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:

Why do I have to argue with a person who says he does not want to go with wise people?

A non Muslim, precisely a Christian, describes Prophet Muhammad (SAW) AS THE GREATEST MAN EVER LIVED!

A BUFFOON WHOSE BRAIN HAS BEEN TAKEN AWAY WILL NOW BE QUOTING MY COMMENT BRAINLESSLY, AND HE EXPECTS ME TO BE ANNOYED?

gringringringringringringringringringringringrin

The same non Muslim especially a Christian describe that gigolo fake prophet Muhammed a pedophile, a terrorist, a killer and the worst man on Earth. So why are you in pain bro?

Smile, I can see that the level of frustration you people abode inside of you is alarming.

This people are so intolerant yet they can't stop looking for trouble. You will see them crying like a child on Friday now once Christian give them the same treatment, well let wait till Friday, i can't wait to disgrace your gigolo fake prophet and his Muhammed family idol foolish alllah.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Bacteriologist(m): 10:16am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
How does he change the choice of a people when he gave them a free will in the first place.

If he wanted people he could override their decisions and abilities to think he could have made us all like the animals case closed

I personally don't understand how this simple concept eludes you guys.

An all-knowing creator and a free-willed creation cannot coexist.

God ALREADY KNOWS what will happen. Including what YOU will DO. So that's not actually free will.

You're just acting out what God preknew and predetermined.

In the Christian (Abrahamic god) worldview, free will cannot exist.

5 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 16, 2020
Widall:
I also need an explanation of this. Cos he is a perfect God, why should He now repent?
it's not that he sinned or made a mistake.example you pressured your dad to buy you a phone and he refused first of all,but you kept on disturbing him,then he finally got one for you,then after this you are no longer taking your studies serious i'm sure your dad will regret buying that phone for you. This is not a perfect illustration but i hope you understand? grin

3 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Alitair(m): 10:17am On Feb 16, 2020
tejpot:
Yes the Lord repented not as humans will. 'Repented' in this case simply means in a sorry state or in a state of grieve.

This same statement was also made in Genesis 6:6 when God was in a state of grieve for making man.

In any case God's plan is always accomplished, though he was disappointed but never surprised because there is eternal plan for whatever man's action brings.

But God sees the future. How didn't he see both Saul and humans going astray..?

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by malvisguy212: 10:17am On Feb 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
In I Samuel 15:35b and the Lord repented that he had made Saul king over Israel.

What does it mean, and the Lord repented?
the repentance of God is his expression of a different attitude and action about something past or future not because events have taken him off guard, but because events make the expression of a different attitude more fitting now than it would have been earlier. God’s mind “changes,” not because it responds to unforeseen circumstances, but because he has
ordained that his mind accord with the way he himself orders the changing events of the world.

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Firebomber: 10:18am On Feb 16, 2020
fyneboi79:

Smile, coming from a fool that keep following a religion that can't allow him to ask question or questioned what was given to his gigolo fake prophet.

Why are you people so full of frustration today?
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by thundafire: 10:19am On Feb 16, 2020
Widall:
I also need an explanation of this. Cos he is a perfect God, why should He now repent?
He is perfect and only regretted that His anointed people wanted an earthly King just like other nations around them,He lets man have an independent thought in which He said,His thought are not our thoughts neither His ways are our ways,He thinks of good towards man and not evil, remember He is a respected of no one, everything He has

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by AbdulHakeem44(m): 10:19am On Feb 16, 2020
AntiChristian:
grin

OP it's not what you think? grin

I read this guys above and I wonder if their God is all knowing!

A God that has absolute control and knowledge of the future needs not repent!

God should be above regrets!
You dey mind their Yeye god, how can a knowledgeable God repent or be sorry for His actions, that's one of the useless qualities that the Bible attributed to God which ALlāh had corrected in the Qur'an, AlhamduliLlāh.

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Alitair(m): 10:20am On Feb 16, 2020
Mikehot:
Fear of the unknown. A God that regrets after doing something, did he not for see it?
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by ibinaboonline: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2020
Samuel said to Saul; God is not man that He should lie, He is not a human being that He should change His mind 'repent.' It shows that God does not stop being who He is. He is never wrong. But God can change or repent His decision, not because He made a mistake but because men make mistakes. You should marvel at the incredible love and respect God has for man. God could have decided to create man as robotic beings who'd never digress from the path God set them on, instead God made man exactly like Himself- giving them freewill to make our own decisions. If you think God made a mistake by giving human freewill, then you and I need a deeper Bible study we can't do here. Be it as it may, man has freewill, and because man is often swinging from left to right, God is often making adjustments in His decisions. God does not change but He could change His decisions.
Robin1759:
There was a mistake in his pervious action.
Period.

2 Likes

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Firebomber: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2020
Bacteriologist:
The Bible is filled with so many errors.

Errors that clearly mirror it's authors as having the mentality of stone-age uneducated cattle herders.

An all-knowing, omnipotent god "repented." Smh

Smile. So an all- knowing don't regret?

You have been educated on what the word repented mean in the verse but some foolish head slammer still go about showing there foolishness.

Well I'm surprise, your gigolo fake prophet did more than that.

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by BlueAngel444: 10:20am On Feb 16, 2020
SalomonKane:
I've often heard Christians say the Bible is one big book of metaphor so I wouldn't know.
that means repentance in scripture means something different than we are being taught?
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by bewla(m): 10:21am On Feb 16, 2020
tejpot:

Sorry does that mean god does not always no the end reaction of thing he made or create

that mean no hell

if he decides to send me to hell I can appeal my case abi

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Nobody: 10:21am On Feb 16, 2020
thundafire:
He is perfect and only regretted that His anointed people wanted an earthly King just like other nations around them,He lets man have an independent thought in which He said,His thought are not our thoughts neither His ways are our ways,He thinks of good towards man and not evil, remember He is a respected of no one, everything He has
From the way you SPEAK, it appears You and GOD took the decision.
In Fact you were there in person.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Bizmanxx(m): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2020
How can one who sees the future and controls every outcome feel sorry for his own works ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Openbusiness: 10:23am On Feb 16, 2020
BlueAngel444:
Number 23:19 GOD DOES NOT CHANGE HIS MIND

Amos 7:3
The LORD changed His mind about this. "It shall not be," said the LORD.

Jeremiah 26:13
"Now therefore amend your ways and your deeds and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will change His mind[/b] about the misfortune which He has pronounced against you.

Jonah 3:10
When God saw their deeds, that they turned from their wicked way, [b]then God relented concerning the calamity which He had declared
He would bring upon them. And He did not do it.
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by Alitair(m): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2020
Question 10.
Fill in the blanks spaces...

Singular - Plural
1. god---------gods
2. God--------- ??

Question carries 200marks
Re: "And The Lord Repented" by LeeMason(m): 10:23am On Feb 16, 2020
Meaning he admitted he made a mistake?

1 Like

Re: "And The Lord Repented" by fyneboi79(m): 10:24am On Feb 16, 2020
Firebomber:

Smile, coming from a fool that keep following a religion that can't allow him to ask question or questioned what was given to his gigolo fake prophet.

Why are you people so full of frustration today?
your parents are both fools like you also. Mumu wey no get brain....Jesus Kee you there!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Winners Chapel Homosexual Pastor / HOT from the PRESS: Pastor W.F. Kumuyi’s Wife Dies At 57 / Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven – Pastor Giwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.