Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,924 members, 7,863,262 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 02:01 PM

How Can She Deal With This Loss? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can She Deal With This Loss? (625 Views)

How Do I Deal With This Type Of Girl? / Urgent: How To Deal With An Unrequited Love ? / How Do You Deal With Anger Issues. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Can She Deal With This Loss? by nurabela: 3:55am On Dec 16, 2010
Recently, her fiancee died. Yesterday, She found out that she was having his baby. How can she deal with this loss?

''Johnny has been there for me since we met my freshman year of high school, 8 years ago. I don't know what to do without him.

When we met, I had decided within the first year that I was going to marry him. He dated other girls, and we stayed "best friends" until the beginning of college. I realized I was in love with him (or as much as you can be at 18 years old) and we dated.

We've been in love ever since, and were planning on getting married after I finished college this year. A few weeks ago, he was driving home from work after a late night at the office and was hit by a drag racing teenager in a pickup truck.

I miss him so much, and none of my friends or family understand what I'm going through. I feel like I need someone to talk to but I don't know who to go to. How can I cope with this grief?

Every day I struggle to find some reason to get up. I've become apathetic and overwhelmed with sadness. He's been a part of me for so long, I miss him so much.

Ever since I found out I'm having his baby, I feel even more powerless. I'd kill myself but for this baby.''
Re: How Can She Deal With This Loss? by livedit(f): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2010
I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your fiance.  I know trying to cope with this has to be very hard and emotionally, physically and mentally draining.  I'm not sure if you know Christ Jesus or not. But I really think you need to pray for strength and solace to help you through this traumatic time in your life.  A death of a loved one is very horrific to try and deal with on your own.  What worries me more is the thoughts of wanting to die and then you are with child.  I also recommend seeking professional as soon as possible. Do you have a clergyman you could go to talk to? I'm sure your family and close friends are also grieving during this time so it can be hard for each of you to try and console each other when everyone is experiencing this tragic.  But this is when you all need each other more now that ever.  I do sympathize with you on your lost and I know this is probably draining the very life out of you, but you do have to think about your baby you are carrying.  Even though your baby has not been born, he/she know's  mommy's not feeling "alright". It also affects the baby.  I'm sure you finance would want you to continue on with your life and raise your and his baby despite of.  Your baby needs you. He/she needs his mommy since that is all he/she has right now.  You have life forming in you which has  a part of your finance and a part of you growing inside you.  Please try to seek some kind of counciling  Believe me, it will truly help you deal with this. 

There is no such thing as a magic pill to take away your pain.  So you do have to allow yourself time to grieve so you can heal and continue on with your life raising your child.  As cliche as this sounds, time does heal all wounds and it will take some time for you to get through this.  Just take it one day at a time.  Try to remember all the good times you two had together.  The funny jokes you two have said to one another.  Even try to to stay busy and keep yourself surrounded by family and friends to talk about the good times you all shared together.  Last thing you want is sit alone and let depression seek in.  Then that brings on even more problems and will prolong the grieving process.  Maybe try to seek a local help/support group.  I know it's easier said than done. But you have to make yourself get up and continue on with your life.  Do you think your fiance would actually want you to harm yourself or the baby? He'll want you to go on and raise your child together so that his memory and spirit will live on.

I really wish it was more I could say to help take away your pain. But please give what I said some thought.  Many of us has lost loved ones and know this is very devastating to your system.  But out of all this, pray to God. He is there with you always. He loves you more than you could ever love yourself.  Talk to Him.  He is waiting, all you have to do is call upon his name.

Please take care of yourself and your baby.  You'll be okay.  You'll see, you will find out you are stronger than what you think. Despite how it "looks" or what you feel like now.  Don't lose faith in any of that.

(1) (Reply)

True Life Cases: / Virgin Or No Virgin / How Do You Know If Its Love Or A Common Crush?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.