Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians (16530 Views)

Senate Wants To Give ‘repentant Terrorists’ Foreign Education, While Nigerian Ch / Senate Wants Integration Of Almajiris Into Educational System / Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Mbcastrol(m): 7:24am On Feb 18, 2020
Talk is cheap, let the government fix the hospital with modern equipment and personnels first.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by JustLeo: 7:27am On Feb 18, 2020
[s]
SangoOlukosoOba:

You are misinformed.

[/s]
shatap
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by NigeriaBam: 7:32am On Feb 18, 2020
Nice One
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by apache4: 7:34am On Feb 18, 2020
You really want me to Die ?

Even though you don't know me
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by StrikeBack(m): 7:40am On Feb 18, 2020
apache4:
You really want me to Die ?

Even though you don't know me
Openly renounce it
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by optimus106(m): 7:45am On Feb 18, 2020
Thats how the pension funds were stolen by you know who...

Una don start again?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Nobody: 7:47am On Feb 18, 2020
Cheap talk. Why subsidize health care for the poor? Who are the poor? This scam mentality is the reason the country will never move forward.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by dallyemmy: 7:52am On Feb 18, 2020
How many we be u na no know, to get national data na wahala...una wan give health insurance for people wey una no know...
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by goshen26: 7:53am On Feb 18, 2020
Well good move, but anything in Nigeria will have negative motive under, before u know some people will be looting the money saved by Nigerians for the health insurance
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by jaxxy(m): 8:01am On Feb 18, 2020
And where will the money come from? U need to eliminate corruption in government and all public sectors to achieve that.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Neoteny(m): 8:12am On Feb 18, 2020
TeleboiZ005:
What is health insurance

It's when health is insured
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Nobody: 8:23am On Feb 18, 2020
xpmode:
Senator Oloriegbe is ill informed. Maternity admission or treatment is already made free in all PHCs all over the country, anti-natal is free also, hence lack of health insurance couldn't have been the cause of high natality.

General insurance is for those who have a positive balance sheet and not those who live from hand to mouth as the most Nigerian do.

This can only work IF health insurance is ridiculously cheap naturally, not on the basis of being subsidized by government, that will be another way to make the government poor the more.

Other way is to make sure available medicine and medical facilities are in good shape. Combat importation and sales of fake drugs as well
You are talking of PHC alone, what of general hospitals and teaching hospitals as well?? Thats what the senator wants. Mind you most phcs are understaffed and poorly equipped.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Goldencheese(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2020
Good way to go.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by ayspac(m): 8:31am On Feb 18, 2020
Govt with their lies propaganda angry
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by morgan100(m): 8:38am On Feb 18, 2020
xpmode:
Senator Oloriegbe is ill informed. Maternity admission or treatment is already made free in all PHCs all over the country, anti-natal is free also, hence lack of health insurance couldn't have been the cause of high natality.

General insurance is for those who have a positive balance sheet and not those who live from hand to mouth as the most Nigerian do.

This can only work IF health insurance is ridiculously cheap naturally, not on the basis of being subsidized by government, that will be another way to make the government poor the more.

Other way is to make sure available medicine and medical facilities are in good shape. Combat importation and sales of fake drugs as well

Anti-natal not free, even delivery not free, when I went to register my wife for anti-natal in a government hospital, Westley Guide Hospital Ilesa, registration for anti-natal is 16k, u will run some tests, all amounting to over 20k...

Thank God had already registered her for NHIS, i.e after the whole calculation they did, I only paid 10% of the money calculated..in fact, that very day, some pregnant women who are not on NHIS had to return home because of the registration money that was too high..

You now know the funniest thing, once the hospital know you have NHIS, some drugs the NHIS covers will suddenly not be available, they will refer you to a pharmacy outside own by them them....

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by AmTruth: 8:42am On Feb 18, 2020
Nice one if this is certainly achieved it would go a long way in giving better healthy being in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by AmeLonRo(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2020
thats a good policy step. But hope the quality will stand too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsxYnEuB8l0
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Nobody: 9:06am On Feb 18, 2020
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Obakoolex(m): 9:07am On Feb 18, 2020
Born2Breed:
Without proper data?
Abi oo...when they don't even know the number of citizens
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by SocialJustice: 9:08am On Feb 18, 2020
nony43:
It is a nice proposition, but since it will be about helping the poor, it is dead already
Why won't it die when the poor are very many and are the ones bringing children into the world without control. I just hope they have a way to fund it.

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by blowjohn(m): 9:10am On Feb 18, 2020
Where r the hospitals?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by MondayOsunbor(m): 9:36am On Feb 18, 2020
nony43:
It is a nice proposition, but since it will be about helping the poor, it is dead already

MORE MONEY FOR THE FG LESS MONEY FOR US

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by apache4: 9:38am On Feb 18, 2020
Thanks my man

quote author=StrikeBack post=86744806]Openly renounce it [/quote]
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by topshotnista(m): 10:19am On Feb 18, 2020
This is laughable because this benefits the north more... When one man has four wives and 27 children and counting with no sustainable means of livelihood. How do you take care of them?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 11:16am On Feb 18, 2020
Useless senators
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2020
AmTruth:
Nice one if this is certainly achieved it would go a long way in giving better healthy being in Nigeria.

God bless Nigeria!!!
you must be a toddler to believe all these nonsense
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2020
AmeLonRo:
thats a good policy step. But hope the quality will stand too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsxYnEuB8l0
you must be a toddler to believe all these nonsense

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 11:24am On Feb 18, 2020
veeshock:

You are talking of PHC alone, what of general hospitals and teaching hospitals as well?? Thats what the senator wants. Mind you most phcs are understaffed and poorly equipped.
and you believe all these nonsense from the senators?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 11:26am On Feb 18, 2020
Goldencheese:
Good way to go.
and you believe this rubbish from the senators

1 Like

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by yhemsy62(m): 11:29am On Feb 18, 2020
SangoOlukosoOba:

You are misinformed.

Ok o
could you properly get me informed?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This / Chinedu Nebo Backs Buhari’s Anti-graft War / Sheriff’s Faction Moves To Displace Ize-Iyamu In Edo Guber

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.