Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,978 members, 7,828,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians (16531 Views)

Senate Wants To Give ‘repentant Terrorists’ Foreign Education, While Nigerian Ch / Senate Wants Integration Of Almajiris Into Educational System / Senate Wants Tariff On Alcohol, Tobacco Suspended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Mokason28: 11:38am On Feb 18, 2020
xpmode:

Be guided, you comment is not true. All treatment in Public Healthcare Centers offers free treatment for children and pregnant women, if at all you were asked to pay, it would be for the sale drug or some ridiculous amount you cannot compare to what you will pay at a Private Clinic.
How is my comment not true??... For the record I don’t talk or respond to senseless Zombies
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fourwinds:
and you believe all these nonsense from the senators?
What nonsense? Proposing mandatory health coverage for all or what exactly?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 2:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
veeshock:

What nonsense? Proposing mandatory health coverage for all or what exactly?
tell what have the useless senators proposed for the masses that has lifted majority out of poverty since 1999
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by yusfatedeeprof(m): 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2020
Don't need to be subsidised rather charge equitable premium. The rich to pay more, more like a percentage of income...... Let's say 5% of income is charged pari passu as premium, then everyone will be able to afford a social health care insurance plan
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fourwinds:
tell what have the useless senators proposed for the masses that has lifted majority out of poverty since 1999
Thats a different topic sire.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2020
veeshock:
Thats a different topic sire.
also i see nothing coming out of this topic
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fourwinds:
also i see nothing coming out of this topic
I doubt so, it may not work perfectly due to "nigerian factor" but given the current regime has some form love for increasing taxation, this is another way of getting more taxes.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Fourwinds: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2020
veeshock:

I doubt so, it may not work perfectly due to "nigerian factor" but given the current regime has some form love for increasing taxation, this is another way of getting more taxes.
i have told you.. It is as good as dead from the start
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by Paxmedical(m): 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
It's alright but can't we be talking of mass employment?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by tsdarkside(m): 4:21pm On Feb 18, 2020
that will be hard to archieve....

mandatory health insurance is been failin in europe for decades now....

very expensive....
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by tsdarkside(m): 4:22pm On Feb 18, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:
Don't need to be subsidised rather charge equitable premium. The rich to pay more, more like a percentage of income...... Let's say 5% of income is charged pari passu as premium, then everyone will be able to afford a social health care insurance plan

why should the rich pay more for the same service....??
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by yusfatedeeprof(m): 9:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
tsdarkside:

why should the rich pay more for the same service....??
FAIRNESS, High income earners should pay more. Since its same percentage of salary for everyone, I believe its fair

While private insurers strive to charge adequate premium based on the level of risk, government sponsored insurance programs should be tilted towards charging equitable premium, so as to ensure participation of the poor too
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by xpmode(m): 9:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
otokx:

Have you utilized any of these "free" services in Nigeria? People should fear God and say the truth.

When was the last time you use Government owned clinics?
You can go into anyone close to you and asked questions.
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by otokx(m): 10:29pm On Feb 18, 2020
xpmode:

When was the last time you use Government owned clinics?
You can go into anyone close to you and asked questions.

The teaching hospital near me does not render free services, the government hospitals don't so what really are you saying?
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by tsdarkside(m): 10:35pm On Feb 18, 2020
yusfatedeeprof:

FAIRNESS, High income earners should pay more. Since its same percentage of salary for everyone, I believe its fair

While private insurers strive to charge adequate premium based on the level of risk, government sponsored insurance programs should be tilted towards charging equitable premium, so as to ensure participation of the poor too

thats not fair....who will make the rules from which amount you own,you pay more....??
who is going to watch that the rules are followed....??

makes no sense....
and btw....:
its a very silly idea to piss off rich people....
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by snitchbitch: 6:49am On Feb 19, 2020
lip service as usual
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by snitchbitch: 6:53am On Feb 19, 2020
Nigerian senate, chai , when they don't even use Nigerian hospitals, even buhari himself goes abroad, I don't blame the senators sha, I blame the Nigerian masses who voted them in, they got what they deserved!!!
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by xpmode(m): 8:11am On Feb 19, 2020
otokx:

The teaching hospital near me does not render free services, the government hospitals don't so what really are you saying?

You missed important details on my comment. If at all you pay it will be for your medication, other treatments fee or charges will be cheap compared to private clinics.

For pregnant women, nursing mothers and children it is free and there is about 90 percent compliance in the north here
Re: Senate Wants Mandatory Health Insurance For All Nigerians by AmeLonRo(m): 8:25am On Mar 08, 2020
Fourwinds:
you must be a toddler to believe all these nonsense
. But it's our senators that said it. The onus lies on us to believe and pray for them sir.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Nigeria Needs Leaders Who Will Unite Country / I Challenge Anyone In The South West To Show Me Any City That Looks Like This / Nigeria Is Not An Islamic Emirate - TheCable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.