Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:19 PM

Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't (6156 Views)

What Are You Doing With A Man That Can't Meet Your Needs? / Northern Wedding Of Groom That Loves To Dance & His Shy Bride That Can't Dance / Please Advice. My Babe Got Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Harbylon(f): 9:11am On Feb 18, 2020
Recently, the general overseer of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor E.A Adeboye took to his twitter timeline to advice young men who are yet to marry, in his tweet, he wrote as follow:

"My sons, don't marry a lady who cannot cook. She needs to know how to do chores and cook because you cannot afford to be eating out all the time."

This has triggered a lot of people reactions on social media, is like people are already waiting or saw this coming.

Click Here To See people's reactions

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by proclinician: 9:17am On Feb 18, 2020
Anyone i marry must go to a catering school first during our marriage classes and graduate with a certificate. The purpose is to try out my belly with a variety then find some i can classify as favorites then we are cool. I love good food.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Munzy14(m): 9:21am On Feb 18, 2020
Message to the junk ladies... cheesy

And abeg he is referring to the native recipes/cuisines.

We are not talking about some food that look like flower decorations in nairaland food section... grin

Come lalasticlala, dominique and mynd44 this one deserves a well furnished duplex in the promise land o.... cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Nobody: 9:25am On Feb 18, 2020
All the lazy spoilt girls going for his jugular should better take note from bitter women who lost their husbands to house maids, buka women and village girls with sharp culinary skills.........

The shortest route to a Man's heart is the stomach and not an erect dick.

They think twerking on dicks can keep a marriage.

Hunger always humbles a brother before the wife.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Olalan(m): 9:26am On Feb 18, 2020
How would anyone not even know how to cook...........it's just like saying you don't know how to do laundry yourself.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Nobody: 9:28am On Feb 18, 2020
Hehe this kain talk dey enter. some parents no raise pikin aswear.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Caseless: 9:29am On Feb 18, 2020
feminists will be on high rage upon seeing this advice from daddy G.O.
If my wife can't cook. fine! I'll go and eat outside and that will lead me to honourably cheat on her with the cook outside. The surest way to a man's heart is through his stomach.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Papanwamaikpe: 10:05am On Feb 18, 2020
Munzy14:

We are not talking about some food that look like flower decorations in nairaland food section... grin
grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by densiks: 10:18am On Feb 18, 2020
The advise is not for everyone.
He was speaking to his ‘sons’
Those who think differently can pass by and avoid getting involved with his sons.

He also never said the woman MUST always do the cooking.

As for me,a woman that can’t cook is a security risk to the livelihood and well being of my children.
I enjoyed my mother’s meals as a child and I still do anytime I visit her and she rose to the peak of her career as a professional in the health sector with multiple qualifications likewise many women I know.

In a proper family setting, there’s a special place for the food prepared my the woman.
My children have a right to enjoy same or better.

I can always take care of myself without some woman cooking for me but these wack comments denigrating the old man is completely unnecessary and shows a fundamental error in how most young folks in this generation have been raised.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Nobody: 10:36am On Feb 18, 2020
first time I am agreeing with this man

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by ATTemi: 11:19am On Feb 18, 2020
Aside love, the stomach is another way 2 catch a man.

Food is very vital!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by pansophist(m): 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2020
Many of the criticizers lacks comprehension skills. Because Adeboye said that his son(s) should not marry a lady that cannot cook does not imply or should be understood to mean that his son doesn't know how to cook, or that cooking is primarily a woman duty.

As an analogy, if a man says that he will never marry a woman that is not a working class, does it mean that he is expecting that she will be the bread winner and leach on her? Of course not. He could be working and wants someone that compliments his lifestyle.

Many are schooled, but few are educated.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Goodlyhrt(m): 1:54pm On Feb 18, 2020
Me that don't joke with food.

If you cook potty I no dey chop! this wan no be "babe you don't appreciate my efforts" matter..No pretence here madam your food no sweet, I dey go iya ruka side go chop I dont want wahala this nite

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Liposure: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2020
My wife must know how 2 cook something
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by kinzation(m): 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2020
EditorAdorableM:
Well nothing new. Nigerians are known to react to everything.

Anyway search @evednw on telegram to earn money as a writer/editor. Check my profile topics for more info.
how do i search for the username on Telegram
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:51pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:
Anyone i marry must go to a catering school first during our marriage classes and graduate with a certificate. The purpose is to try out my belly with a variety then find some i can classify as favorites then we are cool. I love good food.

Nonsense, if you yourself go to a catering school to satisfy our belly or whatever nonsense you typed, will you die

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:53pm On Feb 18, 2020
Munzy14:

You are a junk nuisance if you don't know how to cook.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 3:55pm On Feb 18, 2020
The world will be a better place if everyone realises that a particular chore isn't solely designated to a particular gender.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by proclinician: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Nonsense, if you yourself go to a catering school to satisfy our belly or whatever nonsense you typed, will you die

Pls i know you are damaged and bitter, deranged and non compos mentis. Don't u ever quote me again u hear. My prayer every day is to never end up with a woman like u because that will be my greatest undoing. I see ur thoughts here and i am convinced that if ur husband or whoever that ends up with u have not committed great sins God wont be sending them a punishment like u as a partner

My woman will treat me like a king because i am a king and i will treat her like a queen. Now get lost.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:04pm On Feb 18, 2020
pansophist:
Many of the criticizers lacks comprehension skills. Because Adeboye said that his son should not marry a lady that cannot cook does not imply or should be understood to mean that his son doesn't know how to cook, or that cooking is primarily a woman duty.

As an analogy, if a man says that he will never marry a woman that is not a working class, does it mean that he is expecting that she will be the bread winner and leach on her? Of course not. He could be working and wants someone that compliments his lifestyle.

Many are schooled, but few are educated.

Lmao, you are the one that lack comprehension skills, Adegboye said "sons" not "son" and if you know his style of preaching, you'd know he is referring to men generally, so tell me, how many of these "sons" do you think he'd know of that can cook or can't? He is talking of men and women generally dude,

Next time, do not be in a haste to type thinking you are smart when you're not even the tiniest bit, mister educated and schooled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Pascopele: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2020
Now, let's compare the years. Pastor Adeboye that has been married for over 53years his giving u advice on marriage, and our slay mama Toke Makinwa who was happily divorced after 3 years in marriage is dashing hers too. Chai! Experience beats it all. But he devil is a liar.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:08pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

Pls i know you are damaged and bitter, deranged and non compos mentis. Don't u ever quote me again u hear. My prayer every day is to never end up with a woman like u because that will be my greatest undoing. I see ur thoughts here and i am convinced that if ur husband or whoever that ends up with u have not committed great sins God wont be sending them a punishment like u as a partner

My woman will treat me like a king because i am a king and i will treat her like a queen. Now get lost.

Oh so you can talk with sense? you would have said the emboldened instead of the nonsense you typed before na.....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by proclinician: 4:14pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Oh so you can talk with sense? you would have said the emboldened instead of the nonsense you typed before na.....

I believe in fairness and equality i don't cheat and i live by the golden rule. My dad gave his all and i was brought up in an environment where i saw my dad give everything he has every single thing for the sake of the family and my mum is very proud of him and me too.
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

I believe in fairness and equality i don't cheat and i live by the golden rule. My dad gave his all and i was brought up in an environment where i saw my dad give everything he has every single thing for the sake of the family and my mum is very proud of him and me too.

Dude I don't need your family history, you can move on now.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Offpoint: 4:17pm On Feb 18, 2020
The thing about men eating out has nothing to do with their wives kitchen weakness.
There's something diabolical about this foods sellers a man can't overcome.

That's how I'd spend time to prepared a good delicious meal, only to dropped it down and vroom! I'm out with cooler queuing up at Iya Kamaru's Buka to get beans and bread under sunshine, rain and harmattan.

Anyways, I just need my future's wife to be in low cuts, a good f##k, better f##k and a best f##ker.
I don't worry about kitchen cuz no woman on earth cooks better than me, thanks to my mom.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by pansophist(m): 4:23pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Lmao, you are the one that lack comprehension skills, Adegboye said "sons" not "son" and if you know his style of preaching, you'd know he is referring to men generally, so tell me, how many of these "sons" do you think he'd know of that can cook or can't? He is talking of men and women generally dude,

Next time, do not be in a haste to type thinking you are smart when you're not even the tiniest bit, mister educated and schooled.

I chose to use the word "son", to personalize it to him, it was intentional, not due to lack of comprehension. Having said that, how does his usage of "sons" invalidated what I previously wrote ?

And no, he is not referring to women also, but only men. This is clear from his usage of the noun "lady" and the pronoun "she", it can not be mistaken or gives chances for misinterpretation. If he had used non gender specific words such as "partner", "someone", then you may have a point.

Before you rush to criticize, you may try to seat back and read thoroughly for understanding.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Dande55: 4:30pm On Feb 18, 2020
Women deserve better cook as husbands too.

Cooking isn't solely for a gender.

Lazy men will always sit and watch their wives cook while they do nothing to help.
Nonsense. Na hunger go kill you laslas
Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by proclinician: 4:32pm On Feb 18, 2020
Fountainofyouth:

Dude I don't need your family history, you can move on now.

You too, you get lost. I hope u understand me clearly, just there are so many like you now and it's scary. I hope every man finds time to repent of their sins to avoid these punishments.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2020
pansophist:

I chose to use the word "son", to personalize it to him, it was intentional, not due to lack of comprehension. Having said that, how does his usage of "sons" invalidated what I previously wrote ?

And no, he is not referring to women also, but only men. This is clear from his usage of the noun "lady" and the pronoun "she", it can not be mistaken or gives chances for misinterpretation. If he had used non gender specific words such as "partner", "someone", then you may have a point.

Before you rush to criticize, you may try to seat back and read thoroughly for understanding.

This is funny, him saying "a lady" means he is singling them out one by one, isn't it clear as day? Remove non gender specific whatever cos he already mentioned "sons", Or why will he have said "partner" when they are not married? Or do you think Adegboye preaches or believes in boyfriend/girlfriend and relationships? Like i said, this is how he preaches and refers to young ones so stop trying too hard, you lack understanding here.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React To Pastor Adeboye Advice - "My Son Don't Marry A Lady That Can't by Fountainofyouth(f): 4:45pm On Feb 18, 2020
proclinician:

You too, you get lost. I hope u understand me clearly, just there are so many like you now and it's scary. I hope every man finds time to repent of their sins to avoid these punishments.

But it's not fight na, I only said you should move on, seems you live a sad life, it is well with you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The Semi-nude Pix This Igbo Girl Sent Me / Share Your Crazy Room Mate Experience Here / He Cheats , She Still Stays: Is It Right Or Wrong

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.