Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:10 AM

What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage (43871 Views)

Why Men Must Zip Up. / Poll Results Of What Men And Women Prefer In Each Other / Reason Why All Men Must Suck Their Wife Pussy Read Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:29pm On Feb 21, 2020
Judybash93:

So, to be a good human equals being godly?
You can't be ungodly and expect to be a good human. Godliness abhors things like cheating, fraud, infidelity, fairness, honesty, etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by bukatyne(f): 1:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
By TonyeBarcanista

One of the major problems bedevilling the society is the collapse of relationships, courtships, marriages and family system. Although people in these failed relationships do credit their partners as those responsible for the collapse, but I believe that most marital relationship collapse due to the failure of men to be men! Being a man comes with some burden of responsibilities that nature in her wisdom has placed on male folks. The way and manner men, as family heads, realise and discharge these responsibilities will ultimately determine the fate of the relationship/marriage, and the beginning of this start at the foundation of the relationship. To have successful relationship, men should note the following;
www.nairaland.com/attachments/11069090_screenshot20200218100636_jpeg7a530d83c6c693aac2c03ac64b679497

Starting A Relationship:
Before starting a relationship, it is expected of the man to determine his life's vision, as well as and his expectations from himself first and his would-be partner. He has to also determines physical and non physical features of his would-be partner in terms of beauty, physique, character, medical, ethnicity, faith, age, education, ideology, etc. Every man must determine his according to his heart desire and must not be coerced or bullied by societal or peers narratives to accept any standard other than his.

The next stage is to approach/woo only ladies that appeals to them and also pass character test according to their expectations. The character of a would-be partner is the very key as it determines the happiness or otherwise of the budding relationship/marriage/family. This is one step that no man can afford to gamble with. The ideological, faith, medical, and others must not be gambled with. The truth about relationship is that good character is not enough qualification for a man to decide to settle with a woman. A woman's ideology, perspective towards life, family, genotype, faith, culture, tradition, family, sex and other sociocultural issues goes a long way to determine her compatibility or otherwise with the man. For instance, a man that believes in the traditional hierarchial headship of a husband has no business getting married to a woman that doesn't hold such ideology sacred. Partners with fundamental ideologies different from each other have no business marrying each other. Doing so will only be laying foundation for an inevitable doom era. May I emphasize that NO MAN should relegate his ideology in order to accommodate any woman for any reason.

Set Ground Rules And Stick To It
Every man should lay basic ground rule governing the relationship from the onset and ensure strict compliance. One important area that should not be overlooked is the subject of privacy. There is no privacy between a pair as long as relationship is concerned. Each should have unrestricted access to the other, including knowing passwords of phones; it is not a sign of insecurity contrary to what society would want to make one belief, it is simply a testament of oneness. As a man, any woman that doesn't believe in "No Privacy" relationship is most likely hiding something from you and should be a no-no.

Post-Proposal/Marriage Stage
With all the aforesaid in check and confirmed, men in relationship should proceed to take only women that match their criteria and meet their respective physical, character, ideological and other fundamental requirements to the "village" and altar, and do the needful. The purpose of courtship is not just for "free sex", it is a platform for would-be couple to confirm compatibility.

Once married, men should be prepared for greater task as family head, and ensure he leads by example, while their partner (and kids) also live by the family standard. Men shouldn't be slow to assert authority, appropriate sanctions and discipline on whoever that derails from the path, including himself.

Some Key Responsibilities And Expectations For Men
Having established the above, a man must recognise that as the hierarchical head and burden bearer of the relationship and marriage, he is saddled with greater responsibilities and expectations than his partner and/or any other member of the household.
[img]https://tenntuxx.files./2018/09/blackmanfamily.jpg[/img]

Some key responsibilities/Expectations include;

Fairness: Being head of family doesn't mean the man is a higher human to the wife or the children. It only put him at the top of authority within the family. He must be fair in his dealings with his wife at all times, knowing that he is accountable to God and nature. In fact, a man that isn't fair in his dealings will never know peace in the home.

Leadership: As a man, you can't flout rules and regulations and expect the woman to abide by it. It doesn't work that way! Leadership is by example, and men who aren't living exemplary lose every moral justification to address err by his woman or even his children.

Independent Mind: A man should have an independent mind that is not influenced by peers or societal narratives. He must realise that issues that concern relationship and home affairs are unique and he doesn't need popular opinion of relatives and strangers (on and off social media) before taking decision.

Openness To Ideas; Although a man is expected to possess independent mind, he is bound to open his mind to opinion and ideas of his woman on virtually all issues without having an impressionist mind. Though a man is the head and final authority, he is not omniscient. He may not even be the most knowledgeable between the pair. Even if he is the most knowledgeable, he may not be the most knowledgeable on the issue in question. Also, there is a wise saying that no idea is a waste, this applies to relationship. His final decision must be in the overall interest of the union irrespective of whether it comes from him or his wife.

NB: Without prejudice, a man must insist on decisions and actions that he is of a strong conviction that is of the benefit of the union/family even if his partner insists otherwise. But he should be prepared for the consequences should the action/decision yield unfavourable outcome.

Responsibility: A man must be first be responsible to himself and the woman in his life. A responsible man is one that knows his onion and live a life worthy of emulation. An irresponsible man cannot lead a woman not to talk of family.

Accountable: Although his woman is accountable to him in all things, the man is expected to first account to himself and the woman in his life. That way he shows a pathway for the woman to follow.

NB: A woman that is not prepared to be accountable to the man is a no-no irrespective of other factors.

Financial Stability: While no one expect a man to be very wealthy or live in affluence before meeting a woman, it is expected that he should at least have source of livelihood that to be able to cater for his needs and that of his partner/family. Any man that is yet to have good source of livelihood should suspend the idea of marriage altogether until he is ready. It is not a crime to be broke, but it is a sin for a grownup man without anything doing to be talking of relationship and marriage. The reason is simple, the woman is not meant to take care of financial any burden! It is the man's responsibility to cater for the woman and the home while the woman gives helping hand. I repeat, the woman is meant to give helping/supporting hand and not to inherit the main burden.

Chief Planner: The man in the relationship is chiefly responsible for making short and long term plans to ensure that his relationship and home doesn't suffer; and ensure that he sticks to it. This is very important as those who fail to plan end up losing it. Although a woman is expected to partner her man, it is still the man's responsibility to ensure things work as the Planner in Chief.

Physical/Mental/Emotional
/Sexual Fitness: Every man should always take priority of physical, mental and sexual fitness. A man who is weak physically, mentally, emotionally and sexually is not appealing to a woman. In fact, no woman wants, deserves nor desires one who is physically weak, emotional wimp, mental retard and one who cannot perform sexually (not saying men should start using drugs). Men that fall short in these areas will have serious problem in their relationship/family. It is the duty of the man to work on his weaknesses!

Discipline: A man should discipline himself as by doing this he creates precedent for his partner and children to follow. No man should tolerate or forgive indiscipline in his home, not from himself, his woman/wife/girlfriend or children. Discipline is one of the way of expressing love.

Godfearing And Godly: All said, this is the most important. Any man that fears God will love and honor His Words, and will want to live godly life; and thereby be the best man any family would have. By this I don't mean outward religiosity (like many) or mere churchgoer, but for one to have reverence towards God Almighty and to follow His word.

Finally, marriage is not a bed of roses but it is a union ordained by God meant for human pleasure and not for humans to endure. But it is the duty of the man to seek and insist on woman that meets his desires and matches his expectations to have his dream home.

May God Bless Us All...

While I find the portrayal of the relationship between the couple to be too stiff for my taste,

I commend the fact you took time to highlight that a major mark of a husband is one who leads BY EXAMPLE and is visionary.

I also like the fact the man's choice is based on HIS standards and not society's and the emphasis on the man to be in top form physically, spiritually, health wise, emotionally and sexually.

It is left for the women to decide IF the man who chooses them is worthy enough to be their husbands.

7 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by philip0906(m): 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
Ivebeenbanned:

[s]Pained much? I know you're just another incel begging for female attention. Why else did you reply all my comments? I understand. Hope your finger deek has risen up now that I've replied you. Cry somewhere else I didn't break your heart. OLODO.[/s]
You're a nuisance on the thread already!! Take your wails, your senility, your depression, your loneliness and your waste to another thread where you can wail as much and as loud as you want to.

Bingo!!

6 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Emperor4tune(m): 1:31pm On Feb 21, 2020
imagine the pros & cons no wonder my niga @ 40 with all his wealth is still afraid of settling down,omo this thing called marriage is the survival of the fittesst.wahlahi

2 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Pataricatering(f): 1:33pm On Feb 21, 2020
The most important part which u forgot to add - he must buy a good koboko because from all what u described - he is oga headmaster - so he needs a good cane to flog his erring wife and kids if they flour his authority . U people and ur dumb ego - ul never learn . How many women do u think will sit down and take d rubbish u typed here ? Yes master , ur wish is my command ! Lol . Marriage is a 50/50 partnership - better get with the program .

5 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Judybash93(m): 1:37pm On Feb 21, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

You can't be ungodly and expect to be a good human. Godliness abhors things like cheating, fraud, infidelity, fairness, honesty, etc.

So, i guess you're saying that morality is derived from godliness
Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by philip0906(m): 1:40pm On Feb 21, 2020
Pataricatering:
The most important part which u forgot to add - he must buy a good koboko because from all what u described - he is oga headmaster - so he needs a good cane to flog his erring wife and kids if they flour his authority . U people and ur dumb ego - ul never learn . How many women do u think will sit down and take d rubbish u typed here ? Yes master , ur wish is my command ! Lol . Marriage is a 50/50 partnership - better get with the program .
Na why loneliness wan kee you finish. Asking how many women will sit down and take rubbish. You think you senile feminsts are the only pvssies that exists on earth? In Lagos where you live, there are millions of women, classier, prettier, well to do who recognise the place of the man.

The world does not revolve around your lonely azz. There's nothing special about you to think any SANE man will want to die on your matter when he knows there are millions of women out there, who understand what marriage is.

9 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:42pm On Feb 21, 2020
Judybash93:

So, i guess you're saying that morality is derived from godliness
Yes! Morality has root with godliness. This is why God called Enoch a honorable man.

1 Like

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Judybash93(m): 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:
Yes! Morality has root with godliness. This is why God called Enoch a honorable man.

So, before the arrival of Christianity in Africa, we weren't morally upright? Moreover, if god should be considered as the source of morality, why is the Bible filled with grievous crimes against humanity?

5 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Sirjamo: 1:45pm On Feb 21, 2020
This is not a Christian forum. Not everyone believe that Christ is God.
Next time, put God at the top, everyone believe there's God!!!

2 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by SocialJustice: 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Oops, thanks a lot. I am actually working on a book
You talked exclusively about the man and ignored opposition from the woman, feminism and its destruction of the office of the woman in marriage. You essential just talked about what a man should be and ignored modern day problems that lead to marriages crashing daily.

4 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:46pm On Feb 21, 2020
bukatyne:

While I find the portrayal of the relationship between the couple to be too stiff for my taste,

I commend the fact you took time to highlight that a major mark of a husband is one who leads BY EXAMPLE and is visionary.

I also like the fact the man's choice is based on HIS standards and not society's and the emphasis on the man to be in top form physically, spiritually, health wise, emotionally and sexually.

It is left for the women to decide IF the man who chooses them is worthy enough to be their husbands.

How does this portray stiffness in relationship/marriage?

BTW Every human relationship, including that of mother-child, God-humans and Jesus-Christians is and must be bound with principles else there will be anarchy.

As for your last paragraph, I agree with you that women should decide choice of husband based on their own conviction

4 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Pataricatering(f): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
Lol .
philip0906:

Na why loneliness wan kee you finish. Asking how many women will sit down and take rubbish. You think you senile feminsts are the only pvssies that exists on earth? In Lagos where you live, there are millions of women, classier, prettier, well to do who recognise the place of the man.

The world does not revolve around your lonely azz. There's nothing special about you to think any SANE man will want to die on your matter when he knows there are millions of women out there, who understand what marriage is.

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
[s]
Pataricatering:
[/s]

1 Like

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by YangaBabe: 1:47pm On Feb 21, 2020
this is really true

1 Like

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
Sirjamo:
This is not a Christian forum. Not everyone believe that Christ is God.
Next time, put God at the top, everyone believe there's God!!!
You can do the replacement yourself bro grin

2 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2020
SocialJustice:
You talked exclusively about the man and ignored opposition from the woman, feminism and its destruction of the office of the woman in marriage. You essential just talked about what a man should be and ignored modern day problems that lead to marriages crashing daily.
The feminists can never impose their misguided thought on men. Any man that knows his onion will never fall for the blackmail of feminists and the society nor be influenced by them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
Judybash93:

So, before the arrival of Christianity in Africa, we weren't morally upright? Moreover, if god should be considered as the source of morality, why is the Bible filled with grievous crimes against humanity?
Enoch wasn't a Christian! Who says there weren't godly men in Africa during pre Christian era? How do you interpret my position?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Judybash93(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
TonyeBarcanista:

Enoch wasn't a Christian! Who says there weren't godly men in Africa during pre Christian era? How do you interpret my position?

Maybe there's a need to define godly in this case. I'm sorry
Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Ola7070: 1:56pm On Feb 21, 2020
You have make a good point. Hmmmm

Ease all sexual issue away with our herbal product. See testimoney from our numerous clients

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by ephraim18(m): 1:57pm On Feb 21, 2020
U write well brother... Thank you for reminding some of us what we ought to do because some men have forgotten... Remain blessed and keep more of this coming
Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Nobody: 1:58pm On Feb 21, 2020
healthserve:

Fantastic. Still expand this too into a book. I see potential in it
I see business here, nobody understand. A faceless forum gonna put much on one's table.
Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by traihit: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
A well-crafted timely piece! The marriage institution in the world today is sick firstly because men left their responsibilities and assume their roles is just to finance the family while women follow the trend by fighting supremacy battle with their already irresponsible husbands and thus, children see the confusions and became authority to themselves. Let everyone take their roles in the home and we won't need to be looking for some inconsistent political correctness to set our families for us. There's nothing that warms a heart than leaving home/school everyday to a home where you'll feel safe, secure, confident and welcomed. Sadly, we're losing that everyday.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by blackjack21(m): 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2020
Netblyss:

Married or not, we can't deny that OP's writeup is the truth.

From what you wrote, are you saying if Op isn't married then you won't heed to what he said?

If that is the case, I will deduce that you will only take advice from one who is married and if he says "beat your wife because I do it. Now my wife respects me more and my marriage is happier for it"
You will gladly do it because he is married and knows better?

You got it twisted.
I think it's just smarter to take advice from someone who is (or has been) in the field, not someone who's just observing the battle.
Beating anyone up for any reason, your wife or not, is a criminal felony.
You're not deducing, you're implying.
Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Netblyss(f): 2:09pm On Feb 21, 2020
Pataricatering:

Wow! Just wow! Just look at what you just typed.
Those women who won't sit down and take this "rubbish" where are they now?

I think you need to get off your high horse.

Marriage is a partnership quite all right but whether you like it or not someone must lead and that some one is the man.
Being led is not a bad thing and that is why we must always pray for a good and morally upright man.

In every association, there must be a leader else anarchy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by emeshot: 2:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
Pataricatering:

Be calm and understand what he is saying

1 Like

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Nobody: 2:14pm On Feb 21, 2020
where are the team do not check your partner's phone.
Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Myhaven: 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2020
Good write-up
BTW to those it may concern.. don't derail this thread with religious arguments.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by franchasng: 2:22pm On Feb 21, 2020
True to a great extent, but unfortunately, many ladies no longer want the traditional marriage setting whereby the man is seen as the head of the family, they want to share the headship with the man, which has been the conflict in modern marriages, all thanks to misguided feminists shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by healthserve(m): 2:23pm On Feb 21, 2020
Blyzz:
I see business here, nobody understand. A faceless forum gonna put much on one's table.

You see well sir

2 Likes

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by Mindlesskid: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2020
blackjack21:

Flawed? We may as well take a medical prescription from a laundry man.

If you see wisdom in the write up take it...if not pass on and stop asking for qualification or experience.

1 Like

Re: What Men Must Do To Ensure Successful Relationship And Marriage by franchasng: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
Netblyss:

Wow! Just wow! Just look at what you just typed.
Those women who won't sit down and take this "rubbish" where are they now?

I think you need to get off your high horse.

Marriage is a partnership quite all right but whether you like it or not someone must lead and that some one is the man.
Being led is not a bad thing and that is why we must always pray for a good and morally upright man.

In every association, there must be a leader else anarchy
You are quoting a misguided feminist or pro-feminist, they want everything to be equal and that has been the cause of troubles in modern marriages of our time.

Your husband or wouldbe hubby is lucky you understand what marriage is already, and I am sure you are above 27yrs because ladies of your age do understand, except for the few ones that have gone astray out of frustration and anger of being severally heartbroken by different men cry

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys, 8 Ladies You Should Avoid If You Want A Prosperous Financial Life / She Slept With My Best Buddy And Expects Me To End Friendship With Him. / Do Men Also Get Used And Dumped?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.