Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,845 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) (84184 Views)

Group Exposes Cement Roads Done By Umahi In Ebonyi (Pictures) / Asiwaju Tinubu Visits Governor Dave Umahi (pictures) / Check Out Ongoing Glass Tunnel And Flyover Projects In Abakaliki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by EZENDIZUOGU(m): 8:56am On Feb 19, 2020
Glass tunnel or lighting tunnel grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Vbets197: 8:56am On Feb 19, 2020
See details below...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by fubsy: 8:57am On Feb 19, 2020
How beneficial is this project to the people of Ebonyi State in particular, and Nigerians in general? Is it an economically viable project? In other words, will it generate revenue for the state? What is the projected revenue per year that this project will generate? Don’t get me wrong. It could be a tourist attraction. But if that is the answer, to what end? Tourism without revenue or tourism with appreciable revenue. State funds should be used for the overall benefit of the state!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by explosiveskull(m): 8:58am On Feb 19, 2020
But why can't a state governor build a skyscraper of say 100 stories with better lift and constant electricity supply and rent it out both for residential and commercial use and use it's rent as source of income to the state?

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by realstars: 8:59am On Feb 19, 2020
Okorocha virus everywhere,
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:01am On Feb 19, 2020
He is my governor but he is a Fulani herdsman
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by ledaman: 9:01am On Feb 19, 2020
Tobrasky:

The Igbo hating bastard is here again
You don't need to call him a bastard just attack him constructively!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by uuzba(m): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2020
Terabyteck:
Good works
Glass roof traps heat.
They use it in Europe where the weather is cold.
Doing such here in Nigeria, with our blazing sun, that tunnel will change to oven. Nobody will like to stay inside
Then the dust from the air will settle untop
When the rains fall, water mixes with the dust untop to form soil.
Grass will start growing on that soil.
The rest of the glass will have green algae on it

This is a VERY bad idea.
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by GreyLaw(m): 9:03am On Feb 19, 2020
Some of these leaders appear daft and brazenly insult their people. I cannot imagine a core northern governor building such a thing and naming it after a president who is overseeing an administration where there is increased killing of their people and other Nigerians, heightened tribalism and nepotism, and to cap it up, such a president is from the Southern part of the country.

Well, over to Ebonyi people. If they like the tunnel and the name, then good for them. Who am I to argue with them?

To me, good tunnel, bad name!

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by vertueptime: 9:03am On Feb 19, 2020
Where is the glass?

Wisdomkosi:
SEE Buhari’s Glass Tunnel Constructed By Umahi In Ebonyi State(Photos)

Governor David Nweze Umahi has constructed a beautiful glass tunnel called "Muhammadu Buhari’s Glass Tunnel which is located at the heart of the state capital.

Speaking to Igbere TV about the glass tunnel, Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Francis Nwaze, described it as first of its kind in design and quality in Nigeria.

He noted that "Few days ago, I met with one of the Presidential aides right here in Ebonyi State, we exchanged greetings and he said to me, "MR. FRANCIS, I was thinking that you were hyping the new Ebonyi State before not until I came down to see things by myself, of a truth, what you share on the Media is nothing but factual."

"In truism, what I have seen on ground are unbelievable."

"In the same vein, I was speaking with a friend from Imo State few minutes ago on phone, he said, "I am in Asaba now but I still miss Abakailiki."

"You can see many of the projects that are executed by the Governor of Ebonyi State, Engr. Chief David Nweze Umahi FNSE, FNATE."

"You can equally see the Muhammadu Buhari’s Glass Tunnel located at the heart of the Ebonyi capital city. The tunnel is unarguably the first of its kind in design and quality in Nigeria, it's the best of its kind and longest Glass tunnel within Africa."

Source : http://igberetvnews.com/1339462/see-buharis-glass-tunnel-constructed-umahi-ebonyi-statephotos/
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:03am On Feb 19, 2020
Tobrasky:

The Igbo hating bastard is here again

What is the use of the tunnel to our people there? Remove ethnic jingoistic membrane from your soul
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by holicupp(m): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2020
stupid umahi licking buhari ass tueh...
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by explosiveskull(m): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2020
Tulsaguy:
What's its economic importance? how does it affect the man on the street?
The man in the street can go there to rest or bask when the sun is too much. grin

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Ferdinandu(m): 9:09am On Feb 19, 2020
This Ebonyi state from where the all gala and pure water sellers, house boys in Lagos and Abuja from East comes from is where the Governor is wasting money on white elephant projects. It is alright
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Vivianagoja(m): 9:15am On Feb 19, 2020
AccessME:
All the good news From East these past few days only comes from Ebonyi State

Dave Umahi is really Working

Kudos to him!
Yeye state wer everything is channelled to one place... leaving other local government to suffer
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by naxclimpsey(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2020
Dotafoex:

Ibadan is developed than Enugu. I’m igbo as well

Counter coup. Palace coup grin grin grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 9:18am On Feb 19, 2020
As predicted, morons have turned this simple informative thread to a pointless, idiotic, and childish tribal pissing contest!!!...

This is the exact reason clueless people will keep stealing your birthrights generation after generation!!!... Shame on you all! Tueh!!!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Vivianagoja(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2020
Js22621:
Total waste of state's insufficient fund by a complete overcircumcised illiterate. Meanwhile 65% youth of his state are wheelbarrow pushers across the federation.
God bless you.....a state ranked 34th

1 Like

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by michoim(m): 9:19am On Feb 19, 2020
slivertongue:
waste of fund
Because they name it Muhammadu Buhari?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by mabea: 9:22am On Feb 19, 2020
Rossippi:

Oh lawd...here we go again..

Dude, you must really suffer from deep insecurity and inferiority complex to think that any criticism of an ''Igbo'' governor's acts must arise from a non-Igbo who must have a hatred of Igbos.

What a sick, dysfunctional mind you have.

You don't even know who I am or where I am from!

Do you realise we have millions of detribalized Nigerians in this country?

How would you know when you've spent all your life in Igboland mixing only with tribalistic Igbos like yourself?

YOU HAVE A LOW IQ and very low exposure. That is why you reason like a mosquito brain.
Just shut up High IQ with so much inferiority complex
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Vivianagoja(m): 9:22am On Feb 19, 2020
Angelfrost:
As predicted, morons have turned this simple informative thread to a pointless, idiotic, and childish tribal pissing contest!!!...

This is the exact reason clueless people will keep stealing your birthrights generation after generation!!!... Shame on you all! Tueh!!!
Bro call a spade a spade.....abi are u related to the governor??
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by voltron14: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2020
Africans have a problem.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with the contraption.

Granted there many areas of development that need funding yet aesthetics and beautification of city centres are equally important.

The feeling of wellbeing isn't something that can be quantified nor overestimated.

We all go abroad and take photos at iconic locations but despise such developments in our own backyard.

We need a change of ideas.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Perfecttouchade: 9:24am On Feb 19, 2020
BlackfireX:
Bia what is this??
grin grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Perfecttouchade: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2020
BlackfireX:
Bia what is this??
ana m eche ihe mkpofu bu nwannem grin
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by 8stargeneral: 9:28am On Feb 19, 2020
I no just understand.. is dat Christmas lights?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Horus(m): 9:28am On Feb 19, 2020
How many new hospitals are being built?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 9:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Vivianagoja:

Bro call a spade a spade.....abi are u related to the governor??

Bashing one another's tribes under the pretext of criticizing a governor's white elephant project is not "calling a spade a spade" ma... We can constructively and intelligently pick apart the governor's performance without recourse to bigotry!!! That's what I expect from 21st Century youths.

...And, in case you missed it.... The governor should do more in terms of industrialization and human capital development. That is the heart and soul of leadership!!!
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by IamMichaels: 9:31am On Feb 19, 2020
Js22621:
Total waste of state's insufficient fund by a complete overcircumcised illiterate. Meanwhile 65% youth of his state are wheelbarrow pushers across the federation.

From Chairman, National Institute of Statistics bureau.. Ode ni e

But let just make something clear to you.. He (the governor of Ebony state) is doing the best he can to make out something out of his state that was barely remembered for anything meaningful, so big kudos to him
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by murphyibiam15(m): 9:32am On Feb 19, 2020
Seriously I don't understand how people are pained oo....it isn't your state, the people and the governor are not complaining so why feel so pained.

I remember when Akpabio was building uyo airport and flyovers people were shouting waste of funds but now everyone is happy with it...make Una free Ebonyi biko...if them no build Una go still talk so them no get infrastructure so wetin Una want?
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by simonfynboi(m): 9:33am On Feb 19, 2020
Na wetin b d use abe.... undecided
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by Tulsaguy: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2020
explosiveskull:

The man in the street can go there to rest or bask when the sun is too much. grin

you are high on something cheap like sapele water
Re: Muhammadu Buhari Glass Tunnel In Ebonyi Constructed By Umahi (Pictures) by nedu103: 9:33am On Feb 19, 2020
of what economic value is this project?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Kinsmen Celebrate PDP’s Defeat / Zarah Ado Bayero: Things To Know About Yusuf Buhari's Fianceé / Buhari Cuts A Cake With Ojukwu During His 70th Birthday (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.