Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,415 members, 7,822,933 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? (51604 Views)

I Want To Leave My Wife For My Girlfriend / How Can I Ask A Friend To Leave My House In A Good Way? / Is It Right For Me To Ask My Mum To Divorce My Dad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by obinoral1179(m): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Without cousins, life would be boring and hard.

I have just one cousin named "Ezeofor".
He arranged the first woman I slept with in 2011.
He gave me my first bottle of beer in same year.
He taught how to woo a girl and how to masturbate with the image of the wooed lady when the wooing fails.
He taught me how to be generous with everything.
He taught me the benefits of sacrifice and the need to be self-less.
He even taught me how to get a woman pregnant.

Ezeofor taught me a whole lot about life - the real life.

Our relationship wasn't all rosy in the beginning. We had our differences. Big differences. But we soon got along. And we stayed together and built a very strong relationship.

I graduated with no job and a pregnant girlfriend. Life was hard till Ezeofor signed for a club in Europe and poverty became history.

Boi! Take it easy. You might not need him today, but tomorrow is a fool. Have a large heart!

Ezeofor was teaachoand also improving himself by training hard to make it Life.....their scenarios are different.... Nobody leaves Ogun state to ondo to see a cousin if there is nothing fishy about it...
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Mizwisdom(f): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:
How Best Do I Handle This Issue With My Cousins August visit?

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

Be wise, tell h your rent has expired and you're moving next month. He should find his way out before that time. When he moves, find how you will quarrel with him so that he will never think of moving in with you again
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

Hello everyone. I hope I don't get to bore you all too much with this palava I've found myself in.

I understand how sensitive family can be and that's why this is giving me a little bit of headache.

I have this Cousin; My aunts son from my father's side. We're almost age mates. We got to meet last year April. We had seen each other last about 17yrs ago. So it was more or less like Personalities coming in contact. As expected, we differed a lot. He was more of a rough guy, impatient with needless bravado and a penchant for letting people know how though he thinks he is.

He schools in Ogun state and I in Ondo. We met last year when he came to my school to see me. I overlooked his stupid acts as per that was our first time of meeting and he was going to spend just three days.

He told me he wanted to come again this year and I told him it'd have to be after exams ending by march - knowing fully well that by then, I'd drop another excuse. The semester is crazy right now and I have to divide my time between academics, executive duties in school, art and interior decorations I do. I get home earliest 10pm almost every day.

Last night around 1am... I was seated outside my villa enjoying the night breeze and trying to write a few articles when my neighbor asked me if this my cousin had come... I was confused. My cousin had told this girl he was coming and truly he was on his way.. all the way from Ogun state. At 1am. It was when it got a bit crazy in the street that he called me to help him get to my villa. Which I did but didn't speak to him... Wouldn't trash my cousin before a girl.

The issue is this.

1. I need my privacy.. Being alone helps me focus on work and academics. I need nobody around me. My grades need to be revamped.

2. I don't smoke and I laid down rules that he should never try it around me... I got home today to pick an artwork and my charlet was full of smoke. He did that.

3. Talks with the rural rugged guys in my area. I don't want any mix whatsoever with those guys

4. His bravado is next to foolishness. Where's he's supposed to stay low, he'll act up. He sags extra lower than normal, wears earrings and talks like a thug.

5. He seems to attract cultists to himself even in his school. He's more or less like a baby I need to monitor

I'm not an S.U but I try to show myself as responsible in wherever I stay. Ion smoke. I'm fashionable but don't go extra mile like a juvenile.

Please, I need the best way to eject this guy out of my place ASAP. I'm too busy to have someone around. I do not need this. Talking to him in a brotherly manner makes him flare up. I wouldn't want to make this rough as I tend to lose control when I get really angry.

Please advise

Talk to a very close friend of yours that doesn't live around ....tell him you want to stay for 2days or so...

Then..talk to your cousin politely that you need to travel for several weeks due to school courses and assignments ..

Tell him you're leaving the next day...and watch him leave your apartment ...
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Buffalo2(m): 9:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
He's from Ilaro Poly abi grin
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by frozen70(f): 9:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise

Just let him know that you need some private and quiet time to enable you concentrate on lots of thing

Which ever way he reacts after that is not supposed to be your business
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Feb 19, 2020
For me, the fact that he sags his pants is enough reason to throw him out. I can't stand guys that sag, especially when they're supposed to be mature and above 18. I can put up with a smoker but never with saggers. Rubbish!
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by BlongTrendies(f): 9:41pm On Feb 19, 2020
otipoju:

So he should endanger his life now because of help that he might receive from a person that he had no contact with for 17 good years.

I made this mistake for 3 years tolerating bullshit from people who should know better. The more i tried to be concilatory, the worse they became until they crossed my Red line. And i took a decisive action and announced that i was ready for war till death. Then i discovered they were cowards who had no stomach for trouble.

I am gradually recovering from the psychological trauma of enduring nonsense because i was showing respect to people who did not deserve it. I should have stopped it as soon as it started.
This is my story too. Its taking so long to recover. Tolerating Toxic people because of one future help is a scam.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Feb 19, 2020
How can somebody come to my house without me giving a go ahead to come. I swear I won't allow you in, why did you come when I told you not to come yet?. As you dey call me dash you dey park, I go tell you say I no dey around and I will pick 2 clothes and leave the house.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Starhearts: 10:30pm On Feb 19, 2020
D OP is mad

Who get time to read ur novel
Kuku kill ur cousin naa
Wetin dey ur belle
Anyway wetin concern me with wetin wey no concern me.
Come beat me naa
Omo ale jatijati
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Starhearts: 10:33pm On Feb 19, 2020
otipoju:
He is a cultist and uses your place as a hiding place. This cannot end well. Better relocate for him or tell your aunty and if he wants to fight be prepared to do so savagely.

Keep quiet
Wetin diz one dey yan naa
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Sladotun(m): 11:17pm On Feb 19, 2020
He is your cousin, you can help him. Table turns.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by skedy1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 19, 2020
Tell him you are traveling and you can't let him stay in your house without you being around.

Las las cause gbege!
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by yomcity: 11:36pm On Feb 19, 2020
Akukaliaa:
cry

Without cousins, life would be boring and hard.

I have just one cousin named "Ezeofor".
He arranged the first woman I slept with in 2011.
He gave me my first bottle of beer in same year.
He taught how to woo a girl and how to masturbate with the image of the wooed lady when the wooing fails.
He taught me how to be generous with everything.
He taught me the benefits of sacrifice and the need to be self-less.
He even taught me how to get a woman pregnant.

Ezeofor taught me a whole lot about life - the real life.

Our relationship wasn't all rosy in the beginning. We had our differences. Big differences. But we soon got along. And we stayed together and built a very strong relationship.

I graduated with no job and a pregnant girlfriend. Life was hard till Ezeofor signed for a club in Europe and poverty became history.

Boi! Take it easy. You might not need him today, but tomorrow is a fool. Have a large heart!

bro bless ur brother still battling wt wat has become history in ur life,I wan go for interview need small cash.Bro 0032641503 access bank. Thank u in anticipation
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by konkerall(m): 11:37pm On Feb 19, 2020
Use your landlord or landlady to eject him. Let him or her come and tell you that you have been warned not to accommodate roommates without their notice. In his presence.
Thank me later.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Euegene100001: 12:38am On Feb 20, 2020
Try and ensure he leaves ASAP if he is a cultist and on the run if they trace am reach ur house come know say na em brother u b it might not end well.Even the police if they trace him to u dey nr dey hear I’m not among .Ensure he does not stay a day more.Its love ur brother as ur self not more than ur self u re not Jesus.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Euegene100001: 12:38am On Feb 20, 2020
Best plan
konkerall:
Use your landlord or landlady to eject him. Let him or her come and tell you that you have been warned not to accommodate roommates without their notice. In his presence.
Thank me later.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by greggng: 3:25am On Feb 20, 2020
He who brings ant infested wood to his house is inviting a lizard to his house. Only God can save you right now. If I were you i will relocate and live the place for him or arrange for landlord to come and quit you from that house while u hang around with friends pending when u get another accommodation. If that guy is being tracked, your own life is in danger embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Kaysalas(m): 5:18am On Feb 20, 2020
bendazum:

He can't fight you if you tell him to leave nah. You don't necessarily have to fight him physically.
Bendazum baba, how you dey? remember me? betonmarkets days hahaha! wetin dey happen?
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Caseless: 6:20am On Feb 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I suspected he probably was being hunted in Ogun state and had to lie low in another state.. I'd tell his mother as a last resort.

I'm going to talk to him soon as I get home again and let him know of his bullshit then if he makes it rough... We'll make it rough
don't fight him or make it rough with him. He'd kill even if it's his own blood brother...to make statement of "toughness" in his circle.

Just tell him your rent is due and you'll be moving out soon. Ask him to lend you some money to pay the rent and see his reaction. You can even liaise with the the landlord or caretaker on this. All they need do is to ask everyone coming to stay there to come with police clearance or permit. Your cousin go run
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by LIMELIGHTCRAZY: 6:44am On Feb 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise
tell am say SARS dey come bust regularly say infact next week na their next scheduled busting
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by omoleyeib(m): 7:05am On Feb 20, 2020
Simple way, just act as if you are broke, don't buy food stuff ,don't give him money,always complain that you don't have money. Then the hunger will exit the guy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by gwinaB(m): 8:00am On Feb 20, 2020
Your cousin is he cultist and may bring trouble to you. The reason he came at that time must be cult related. You need to be careful to avoid troubles. Check it well, he likes a particular colour.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by azadus18: 8:06am On Feb 20, 2020
i cud av suggest a way to help u...buh dis is a family issue....d solution i av might be overboard...
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by ghettochild4u(m): 8:22am On Feb 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I suspected he probably was being hunted in Ogun state and had to lie low in another state.. I'd tell his mother as a last resort.

I'm going to talk to him soon as I get home again and let him know of his bullshit then if he makes it rough... We'll make it rough
Way to go
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by OILOFGLADNESS: 9:31am On Feb 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

The issue is this.

Please advise

HMMMMM, COUSIN OR NO COUSIN, MY DEAR SET UR POINT RIGHT

POLITELY TELL HIM THAT U WANT TO FOCUS ON UR ACADEMICS AND DONT NEED ANY UN AGREED INTERFERENCE.......

ME I LOVE MY SELF, THOUGH ALOT DONT LIKE THE FACT THAT I CAN BE BLUNT A TIMESSSS...................
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by sweetrace(f): 9:32am On Feb 20, 2020
NevetsIbot:

I don't know about who'll win the fight but I wrestle and take other self defense classes.

We'll see how it goes

You really don’t want to go down that road. He is friends with thugs and sounds like someone who is rash. Maybe you should relocate without telling him.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Missionaire: 10:05am On Feb 20, 2020
It is quite obvious that your cousin is a cultist who is using your place as a safehouse.
Travelling by 1am to your house shows that he is on the run and had to leave quickly because he is being hunted probably after a hit.
For those who are saying the OP should have a large heart, you guys should realize the seriousness of what is going on here.
If Intel gets to rival cult gangs and he is traced to the OP's house, the OP will suffer along and if he is not around, they can assume that the OP is a rival cult member and use him to count scores.

We should be helpful to people, but having Jonahs in your boat can make you lose lots of things including your life.

Na the same bible say make we day wise as serpent oooo.

NevetsIbot use your tongue to count your teeth.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Saintsquare(m): 10:06am On Feb 20, 2020
dalass:

SARS ke?

The guy will definitely land in jail!!!
Toying with death be that oh.

Lots of money will be extorted from both of them especially if anything incriminating is found on the cousin..

Abeg, na rough play be that

No he won't, that's best way to go about it without the cousin smelling any rat, he will be ejected cos the neighbors noticed him and they don't feel comfortable having him around, simple.
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Sexycardib: 11:22am On Feb 20, 2020
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by Kennyideal(m): 11:32am On Feb 20, 2020
Tell him you are travelling in two days and its urgent. .....

And you dont kn wen u ar comin back, make the brotherly sacrifices of giving him his TP back to ogun....

Infact, on the fateful day...both of you should leave the house witg ur luggages....see him off to the park......go to ur friends place till noon..

But hope the same girl that told you he is coming wont sell you out!
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by tammie24: 11:56am On Feb 20, 2020
strafist911:
Bros! There is no brotherhood in the jungle oh! If you know accommodating your cousin will get you in some serious trouble & he has no serious reason for staying with you, ask him to leave your house Asap.
Dude is obviously a cultist who is on the run (probably after pulling a hit in his area) & is seeking refuge in ur house.
Besides, these days I have come to realise that cousins are not as loyal as they used to be many years back. Cousins nowadays are so toxic, competitive & will pull you down without having a 2nd thought about it. If I should tell u what some of my cousins have done to me eh, well that's a story for another day.
Me sef get my own story
Forget cousins abeg
Re: How Do I Ask My Cousin To Leave My House? by kikuyu1(m): 1:23pm On Feb 20, 2020
orbitalgis:

You are disciplined and focused.I like your style.You will go places.Simply ask him to leave.Its for the greater good.You are doing good man and well-done.

EXACTAMUNDO! Beyond a certain point you don't owe him anything.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is My Wife Cheating On Me?? / Man Gifts Wife New Car For Exclusively Breast-Feeding Their Baby For 6 Months / Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.