Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,646 members, 7,813,167 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

My German Chronicles (Study/Immigration) - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My German Chronicles (Study/Immigration) (14902 Views)

My German Fiancee Is Coming To Nigeria In 4 Weeks Time / Lagos Airport: Immigration Imposes $90 Visa-on-arrival Charge On Foreigners / Woman From Switzerland Blasts Nigeria Immigration "They Tried To Scam Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My German Chronicles (Study/Immigration) by Highwave(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2023
I cannot believe how long it has been since i last posted on here.. 1 year, 8 Months and 4 days.. Wow! So much has happened... Its good to be back on here grin Hopefully i can keep it up on here.. I have loads on information i would love to share..

Btw, if you have been following my story, i married my girlfriend in a very small beautiful wedding.. Life has been pretty fair.

2 Likes

Re: My German Chronicles (Study/Immigration) by EngrKemp: 9:13pm On Aug 20, 2023
No pictures, no clear story.
No hint..

No green light.

Not even update sef..

Bro try n just be writing because I am trying to learn German to fix my journey for Germany.

1 Like

Re: My German Chronicles (Study/Immigration) by Highwave(m): 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2023
Sorry bro for going MIA.. School, work and everything just consumed me.. I will try to update more now... Also, please learn German, Don't be like me.. When are you coming?

EngrKemp:
No pictures, no clear story.
No hint..

No green light.

Not even update sef..

Bro try n just be writing because I am trying to learn German to fix my journey for Germany.

Re: My German Chronicles (Study/Immigration) by Highwave(m): 3:47am On Aug 21, 2023
Day 1377

How time flies... I was sitting down yesterday and i remembered what i told myself when i was in Nigeria that i was going to help/give information to people as much as i can on this platform because I learnt alot here. It really helped me in my process. i am just going to give my two cents about what i have seen and experienced so far since i move here.

1. Learn the Language:
* Learning the German language is crucial for effective communication and integration into daily life. Enroll in language courses, practice speaking with locals, and use language learning apps like Duolingo etc.

2. Understand Social Norms:
* Familiarize yourself with German social norms, such as punctuality, respect for personal space, and greetings. Germans value direct communication and appreciate honesty. Them no dey lie for here ooo! it would rreally help you.. Just tell them how it is

3. Embrace the Food and Lifestyle:
* Explore and enjoy German cuisine, which varies by region. Participate in cultural events and festivals to experience local traditions and customs. Omo, be like person fit chop like 300 different types of bread for here.. If you like bread then you chose right. lol

4. Adapt to the Work Culture:
* Understand the work environment and office etiquette in Germany. Punctuality, professionalism, and a strong work ethic are highly valued. And also, please when you come here... Use your vacation ooooh... Body no be firewood.. Them no even dey tell person.

5. Register and Complete Formalities:
* Register your residence, open a bank account, and fulfill any necessary administrative tasks promptly. This ensures you're legally compliant and can access services smoothly.

6. Connect with Others:
* Join social clubs, local events, and expatriate communities to meet people and build a support network. This helps combat feelings of isolation.

7. Stay Open-Minded:
* Approach cultural differences with an open mind. Be willing to learn and adapt to new ways of thinking and doing things.

8. Learn about German History and Culture:
* Understanding Germany's history, cultural icons, and societal values can help you appreciate the context in which you're living.

9. Respect the Environment:
* Germany is known for its strong focus on environmental sustainability. Learn about recycling practices, energy conservation, and eco-friendly habits.

10. Maintain Good Health:
* Familiarize yourself with the German healthcare system and ensure you have appropriate health insurance coverage. It does make sense to take advantage of the healthcare because you pay for it.. So basically there are two types of insurance here in Germany i will talk more about that on a different day.

11. Navigate Public Transportation:
* Public transport is well-developed in Germany. Learn how to use buses, trains, and trams efficiently to get around... There are a couple of train, bus app that you can download. but most importantly the DB app comes first. then each state has specific bus app that is helpful

12. Be Patient and Persistent:
* Cultural adaptation takes time. Be patient with yourself as you navigate the challenges, and don't be afraid to seek help when needed.

13. Stay Informed:
* Keep up with local news, events, and changes in regulations that might affect you. Being well-informed helps you stay proactive.

14. Celebrate Diversity:
* Germany is a diverse country with people from various backgrounds. Embrace multiculturalism and engage in intercultural interactions.

15. Seek Professional Support:
* If you're struggling with cultural adaptation, consider seeking help from professionals such as counselors, therapists, or expat support groups.
Remember that adapting to a new culture takes time, and it's okay to experience moments of frustration or homesickness. By staying curious, open-minded, and proactive, you can navigate the challenges and build a fulfilling life in Germany... Everybody for here know say school hard so if he be like book won mad person.. You can take the semester off to relax oo! Na person wey dey breathe dey read. Dead man no dey read oo.

Just my 2 cent till tomorrow

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos to Abidjan. / UK Illegal Immigrants ‘May Get Amnesty To Stay’ – Sky News / Ebonyi To Repair Airport Runway With 13.7 Billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.