Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:20 PM

With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? (70081 Views)

Japa Or Stay In Nigeria / Relocate Or Stay In Nigeria (serious Dilemma ) / Entering USA Or Europe As A Married Man Or Single. Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cooljide(m): 11:18am On Feb 23, 2020
Brodapounds:
For each and everyone of you that contributed Genuinely.

Thank you all.

Bro. Abeg put me through this your hustle. I go like learn am. I graduated from uniben about 7 years ago and i can't even boast of 100k presently. I am a fast learner, just put me through the basics.
It's better for you to travel to canada than USA because canadian study visa is easier to get and try to do the application yourself , don't go through any agent.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Finelinks: 11:18am On Feb 23, 2020
Odogu9195:

Lol Na wic people they manufacture Toyota, Honda cars lol. Use google to get the list
lol

But why do we import 90% of our Toyota cars from the USA?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by FatGuy: 11:20am On Feb 23, 2020
The hustle that gave you the 20m, wetin do am? Why can’t you continue with it?

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Olibboy: 11:23am On Feb 23, 2020
Build a house for your own comfort and find a good location to open a bet9ja Shop or buy a bet9ja shop in a good location.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Keeeemaaaa: 11:44am On Feb 23, 2020
Please just give me 1m then do whatever you want with the grace, both are good plan
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by bendazum: 11:58am On Feb 23, 2020
itsme01:

the stability I am talking about is not really about short term pricing and value or ability to get huge dividends, since he is travelling , a stock of a blue chip type with years of being listed on the stock market, plenty of asset and performing properly, would be better in securing his money, rather than a bank that can liquidate at any given time

Whether short or future terms, there's nothing stable about Nigerian stocks.

Forget talk.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by eedrissa(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2020
Brodapounds:
what kind of business?
How do u make that 20million
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2020
RUN TO CANADA

RUN before U start spending the money
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Ca4real: 2:28pm On Feb 23, 2020
[quote author=shogsman post=86868787]
God will punish you for the nonsense you just said.it's like you don't read before you quote abi.[/quote

U will die untimely so that u won't achieve this your plan of defrauding him with your useless business idea.... Scammmer.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by dederocs(m): 3:48pm On Feb 23, 2020
MidEastPrince:

Hello Brodapounds,

With all due respect, it is not a good idea to ask strangers for advice considering you’re about to make a life changing decision. I am based in Germany and tbh, it isn’t rosy anywhere in the world, especially for immigrants. But, Europe and any other first class country is better than Nigeria by a million years distance.

Brother, even with the 20m, you’re a sickness away from being broke. Think of your kids (as you’ve said). Does Nigeria have health insurance if things aren’t going well? What safety measures is the government putting in place for its citizens? Kidnapping and robbery are still the order of the day! Police harassment nko?

In Germany, there is racism. I am the first to admit that. But the police and the government here will stand by you if you ever make an official report. The community of people here are sane people. They might not like you, but they will tolerate you. There is compulsory health insurance for every resident. The infrastructures here? You can’t stay in Nigeria bro.

Now, you will make a decision. Not for yourself or your siblings, but for your future kids. I won’t tell you what that decision should be.

I’ll tell you one last thing. A year or two back, I lost a very dear friend to the petrol tanker explosion at Otedola bridge, Lagos.

He was in his own car!

He works in prestigious firm and makes about half a million monthly!

Nigeria killed him so easily.

I pray for you to make the best decision for your future. Amen.

Millions are living healthy here in Nigeria, of course, if you came from areas with no development, and you earn through paid work, it's good to travel, but you will just be living a normal low class life. If you do business in Nigeria, with a good head, you will enjoy your life. I like Nigeria, the food, business opportunities and weather is perfect. Different strokes for different folks...so many kids in private schools here, with school fees of up to N2mil a term. My brother make good money, na Naija you go life stay grin

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by dederocs(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2020
bendazum:

Whether short or future terms, there's nothing stable about Nigerian stocks.

Forget talk.
Where does the global economic meltdown starts from?
All markets worldwide now are connected, there are safe investments in Naija, how else do you think investment banks and insurance companies make money...it's through money markets. So stop talking on what you don't know. What you believe works for you.

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by dederocs(m): 4:01pm On Feb 23, 2020
Hadampson:

If UK is hell fire boss, then Justwise, STENON etc wouldn't be in the UK wink

UK is hell fire and yet, there are many Nigerians doing well for themselves. This is not from hearsay oh. I have met many of them and i can give you their handles on social media to comfirm wink smiley

Well, UK might be hell fire to you boss but it is heaven on earth for some people. One man food is another man's poison

Prost.
They are managing, most people running abroad via immigrants visa come from desperate background, and could not escape the poverty/salary trap here.
It's no fun to be doing menial jobs at 40/50 no matter the country you are in, you are still living at the bottom of the food chain.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 4:31pm On Feb 23, 2020
dederocs:

They are managing, most people running abroad via immigrants visa come from desperate background, and could not escape the poverty/salary trap here.
It's no fun to be doing menial jobs at 40/50 no matter the country you are in, you are still living at the bottom of the food chain.

You are so uninformed, sadly there are a lot of people like you here.

2 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by STENON(f): 4:44pm On Feb 23, 2020
justwise:

Weldone boss !! No need to respond his mention again.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by dederocs(m): 5:08pm On Feb 23, 2020
justwise:

The key word is 'immigrant' if you are a rich man you either buy a property or get an investor visa, or if you want to go school you get a student visa, immigrants are looking for greener pastures, what is wrong about what I said.
I enjoy living in my country, if you like tell them to bury you abroad when you die there. 70% of the immigrants abroad do menial jobs. I rather travel for holiday/business.thanks.

You lot should stop making Nigeria look so bad, you guys didn't make it here cos of your mentality, all am saying is do what rock your boat. Not everyone likes to stay abroad,some like to stay here for reasons known to them. Goodluck.

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 5:18pm On Feb 23, 2020
dederocs:

The key word is 'immigrant' if you are a rich man you either buy a property or get an investor visa, or if you want to go school you get a student visa, immigrants are looking for greener pastures, what is wrong about what I said.
I enjoy living in my country, if you like tell them to bury you abroad when you die there. 70% of the immigrants abroad do menial jobs. I rather travel for holiday/business.thanks.

Only if you can get yourself educated about certain issues you will not be embarrassing yourself in public.

What is immigrant visa? Feel free to use google
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by justwise(m): 5:20pm On Feb 23, 2020
dederocs:

[b]You lot should stop making Nigeria look so bad, [/b]you guys didn't make it here cos of your mentality, all am saying is do what rock your boat.

Nigerians living abroad are making Nigeria look bad?

1 Like

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Majorly21: 6:21pm On Feb 23, 2020
According to Robert Kiyosaki there're gold everywhere but you just have to train your mind to see the numerous opportunities around you.

I know how it feels when you made your first millions and the confusion that comes with it. This chance don't come always and if you use the money well you'll be rich forever without regrets but if you use the money badly you're gonna sit in front of your house that you want to build and full of regrets.. imagining your potential daughters doing runs in Benin or crossing sea to Italy to do prostitution and your male son into cultism and street just to survive the harsh economy in the future.. becos in the next 25yrs things might get worse. And the street ain't paying much anymore...

And don’t waste money building house, there’s no profit in real estate mostly in Benin. With your 20m the kinda house that you can build will be 2units of 3bedroom flat. Which technically you’ll be living in one of the flat thinking you’ve made it in life and forgo the real opportunity cost (your potential kids future and that of your siblings) house rent range from 180k-250k depending where the house is located in Benin.

Every year you’ll be making just less than 250k from rent: in the next next 50 year you might not get your return of investment back not to talk about making profits. 50years*250=#12,500,000 or you decide to put both flats for rent in the next 25yrs you still can’t have your return of investment.. I know many people that build house in Benin, they’re still regretting it.. no good road, tenants holding rents, yearly maintenance of the house and other miscellaneous..
To build house is the most popular and successful investment among we Benin boys. But don’t make that same mistake..

My family get more than 10 house both Benin and lag I'm talking from experience here.

You can drive around GRA in Benin and see for yourself. How some politicians and rich men built house back then, those houses worth nothing today and those men have no money to renovate their house. The only luck they've is that they built in gra and land there's expensive now and their children are roaming around Benin doing runs and yahoo.

Don’t also invest in farming that have high mortality levels especially fish and poultry farming.(done it before but failed) the mortality is too high and no light to pump water and the costs of feeding is freaking high now (local feeding because BuBu has banned imports of foreign feeding) and most of the people doing farm then have stopped too. You can visit IO farm and see for yourself (pastor osagie farm; the ex governor candidate of pdp and he's still running now for governorship now and he have held many public office before) he only rear few cow and pig now.. before now his farm is the biggest farm in edo state.

The best option is to move out of the country but how?
We all know how you made the money and developed countries do underground checks thoroughly..

Why not open biz for your dad and register the business with CAC and open company account (company registration is around 70k-80k” the biz won’t be more than 2m) and each weekend deposits certain amounts of money into the business account as sells for 6months. (Always keeps record of the amount you deposited because some Benin dad are terribly wicked not like Esan dad grin grin: Esan are blessed with the best dad)lol
So that your dad can be your sponsor and your 20m can be traceable to your dad. You can prove you’re the first son and how important it's to come back home once you finish your study to work for the company.. kinda home tied.

Also open restaurant for your mom or drinks depot or store that sell raw food in bulk mostly frozen food. Don’t let it be more than one million also.. just to create other sources of income so the visa officer shouldn’t think your family will depend on you once you enter their country..

Then register as a bet9ja agent and open shop: everything can’t be more than 350k. Just be going to the store and be making changes but don’t try gambling your money. Just to prove you’re actually doing something legitimately in Nigeria and you’re not into anything illegal. when you leave Nigeria your brother can be handling the shop and be balling with the money coming from the shop.

Buy one acres of land after bypass especially the new BIUiversity not more than 1m. Use wood to fence it and look for one humble and trusted aboki; you and the aboki can go to north and buy cows around 10-20 cows not more than 1m.
The aboki will be helping you to rear the cows and be paying him 15-25k monthly.. even when you’re not in Nigeria your dad can be helping you with dis biz and the mortality rate is very low and people eat beef everyday. before your second year in the university outside the country. Your cow should've reach market size and you sell like 5 cows for your school fee and sell the remaining one to restock your cow farm.

With all dis and the remaining balance in your account nobody can question you how you made your money..

But on a serious side don’t go to USA for now.. try Canada there’re cheap school there. Look Manitoba province.. university of Manitoba and university of Winnipeg international students fee is around 14,000 while Brandon university is 10,000 yearly. I’ve friends in those universities and they parents only paid their first year school fee and accommodations.. they’re doing well and most of they’ve their own personal car and pay car insurance monthly and take care of themselves well. Pay school fee and accommodations.. feeding is the least thing you’ll afraid of because it’s cheap.. and you'll surely get PR once you've done with school. And few few years you become citizens and get married there too.. you go see Nigeria girls make de parents get money there if you nor like white not be all dis runs girls for Benin make not get directions.. remember to learn some skills before you move. You can learn barbering and open stop in Canada and employ people and be paying percentages.

Just make the best decision because you can’t never come across dis chance again and if you still wanna live in Nigeria get yourself some books and read. You'll be amazed and thank yourself for reading.. all the best..

Me go soon move go Canada March ending.. visa is out grin grin all my business ideas can wait first. I also finished from uniben. Nor waste your time school for Nigeria bro.

For those asking you to invest and build house ignore them.. Nigeria isn’t the best place for investment and the government doesn’t care about you or support you..
Some of my friends still call me to lend them 10-20k dis guys own house and cars but they're broke.

Those asking him how he see the money and claiming he's a yahoo yahoo boy: y'all are mad, ogun kill una there.. like say una nor de sin or never do bad.. all of una here have fornicate and engage in sexual activities; nor b sin una do? Judging someone because he sin differently or them never benefits from yahoo yahoo money b4. Nigerian sha.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Feb 23, 2020
justwise:

Nigerians living abroad are making Nigeria look bad?
please I sent u a pm,thanks
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by arena07: 7:17pm On Feb 23, 2020
Majorly21:
According to Robert Kiyosaki there're gold everywhere but you just have to train your mind to see the numerous opportunities around you.

I know how it feels when you made your first millions and the confusion that comes with it. This chance don't come always and if you use the money well you'll be rich forever without regrets but if you use the money badly you're gonna sit in front of your house that you want to build and full of regrets.. imagining your potential daughters doing runs in Benin or crossing sea to Italy to do prostitution and your male son into cultism and street just to survive the harsh economy in the future.. becos in the next 25yrs things might get worse. And the street ain't paying much anymore...

And don’t waste money building house, there’s no profit in real estate mostly in Benin. With your 20m the kinda house that you can build will be 2units of 3bedroom flat. Which technically you’ll be living in one of the flat thinking you’ve made it in life and forgo the real opportunity cost (your potential kids future and that of your siblings) house rent range from 180k-250k depending where the house is located in Benin.

Every year you’ll be making just less than 250k from rent: in the next next 50 year you might not get your return of investment back not to talk about making profits. 50years*250=#12,500,000 or you decide to put both flats for rent in the next 25yrs you still can’t have your return of investment.. I know many people that build house in Benin, they’re still regretting it.. no good road, tenants holding rents, yearly maintenance of the house and other miscellaneous..
To build house is the most popular and successful investment among we Benin boys. But don’t make that same mistake..

My family get more than 10 house both Benin and lag I'm talking from experience here.

You can drive around GRA in Benin and see for yourself. How some politicians and rich men built house back then, those houses worth nothing today and those men have no money to renovate their house. The only luck they've is that they built in gra and land there's expensive now and their children are roaming around Benin doing runs and yahoo.

Don’t also invest in farming that have high mortality levels especially fish and poultry farming.(done it before but failed) the mortality is too high and no light to pump water and the costs of feeding is freaking high now (local feeding because BuBu has banned imports of foreign feeding) and most of the people doing farm then have stopped too. You can visit IO farm and see for yourself (pastor osagie farm; the ex governor candidate of pdp and he's still running now for governorship now and he have held many public office before) he only rear few cow and pig now.. before now his farm is the biggest farm in edo state.

We all know how you made the money and developed countries do underground checks thoroughly..

Why not open biz for your dad and register the business with CAC and open company account (company registration is around 70k-80k” the biz won’t be more than 2m) and each weekend deposits certain amounts of money into the business account as sells for 6months. (Always keeps record of the amount you deposited because some Benin dad are terribly wicked not like Esan dad grin grin: Esan are blessed with the best dad)lol
So that your dad can be your sponsor and your 20m can be traceable to your dad. You can prove you’re the first son and how important it's to come back home once you finish your study to work for the company.. kinda home tied.

Also open restaurant for your mom or drinks depot or store that sell raw food in bulk mostly frozen food. Don’t let it be more than one million also.. just to create other sources of income so the visa officer shouldn’t think your family will depend on you once you enter their country..

Then register as a bet9ja agent and open shop: everything can’t be more than 350k. Just be going to the store and be making changes but don’t try gambling your money. Just to prove you’re actually doing something legitimately in Nigeria and you’re not into anything illegal. when you leave Nigeria your brother can be handling the shop and be balling with the money coming from the shop.

Buy one acres of land after bypass especially the new BIUiversity not more than 1m. Use wood to fence it and look for one humble and trusted aboki; you and the aboki can go to north and buy cows around 10-20 cows not more than 1m.
The aboki will be helping you to rear the cows and be paying him 15-25k monthly.. even when you’re not in Nigeria your dad can be helping you with dis biz and the mortality rate is very low and people eat beef everyday. before your second year in the university outside the country. Your cow should've reach market size and you sell like 5 cows for your school fee and sell the remaining one to restock your cow farm.

With all dis and the remaining balance in your account nobody can question you how you made your money..

But on a serious side don’t go to USA for now.. try Canada there’re cheap school there. Look Manitoba province.. university of Manitoba and university of Winnipeg international students fee is around 14,000 while Brandon university is 10,000 yearly. I’ve friends in those universities and they parents only paid their first year school fee and accommodations.. they’re doing well and most of they’ve their own personal car and pay car insurance monthly and take care of themselves well. Pay school fee and accommodations.. feeding is the least thing you’ll afraid of because it’s cheap.. and you'll surely get PR once you've done with school. And few few years you become citizens and get married there too.. you go see Nigeria girls make de parents get money there if you nor like white not be all dis runs girls for Benin make not get directions.. remember to learn some skills before you move. You can learn barbering and open stop in Canada and employ people and be paying percentages.

Just make the best decision because you can’t never come across dis chance again and if you still wanna live in Nigeria get yourself some books and read. You'll be amazed and thank yourself for reading.. all the best..

Me go soon move go Canada March ending.. visa is out grin grin all my business ideas can wait first. I also finished from uniben. Nor waste your time school for Nigeria bro.

For those asking you to invest and build house ignore them.. Nigeria isn’t the best place for investment and the government doesn’t care about you or support you..
Some of my friends still call me to lend them 10-20k dis guys own house and cars but they're broke.

Those asking him how he see the money and claiming he's a yahoo yahoo boy: y'all are mad, ogun kill una there.. like say una nor de sin or never do bad.. all of una here have fornicate and engage in sexual activities; nor b sin una do? Judging someone because he sin differently or them never benefits from yahoo yahoo money b4. Nigerian sha.
na wa ooo so fish farming is not advisable to do?
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Majorly21: 8:30pm On Feb 23, 2020
arena07:
na wa ooo so fish farming is not advisable to do?

Cat fish farming was a bit okay during president Goodluck regime (many people went into fish farming then) but when president Buhari came and banned imported (closed the border) during Jonathan bag of foreign feed is around #3k-3.5k and local industry feeding was selling #2.5k for a bag. Few months after the banned and foreign feeds become scarce and local feeds industries after selling their feed at #4,000 pre bag (the local industry feeds isn’t that good. Like you’re feedings your fish with mere local feeds just the packaging differ. Fish that’ll take 4month to reach market size with foreign feeds, it’ll take the local industry feeds 6 months to reach market size.
Now the local industry feeds is like 5k for one bag now.

No light to pump water.. I buy 20 liters for two days.. and some of the fish died. You don’t wanna Bleep with fish.. they mortality rate is high.

Drugs isn’t that expensive and needed unless the fish are sick.

When it reach time to sell the fish you must cry grin grin if you live in Benin like us. Your market target is Warri. Those people that buy fish reach 1million Naira. Everyday.. Benin market women go use price kill you first. After sale when you do your calculations you’ll cry more embarassed embarassed
Most many people I know have to stop the business.. I also stopped..

The fear of Herdsmen have also made many people to stop.. I personally know one lady that invest more than 15m in farming the farm was going well until herdsmen attacked her and most kidnap her.. thank God she excused and since that incident she have refused to go back to her farm. When Her kids and I went there there was nothing in the farm. The herdsmen destroy everything and killed the animals..

3 Likes

Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 23, 2020
itsme01:

smiley

Split your money into two, invest half into stocks of a very stable company, NB , MTN, FirstBank, GTB etc and use the rest to relocate to US and start your new hustling, if you can make 20 million hustling in Nigeria, chances are you would make 100 million in US because US is for smart thinkers and not dull people.. incase if things don't work out in US you can always fall back to your 10million naira stock

PS: before listening to people telling you to do business, 90% of all start ups in Nigeria don't survive the 3 years mark, forex changes, bad government policy, fraudulent staffs and all would finish your capital

Oh, you know start ups don't survive in Nigeria and you are advising him to buy shares. Frying Pan and Fire.

Shares of companies still operating in the unstable economy.
Re: With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? by cooljide(m): 12:20am On Feb 24, 2020
Majorly21:

my fellow unibenite, please which school gave you admission in canada? I applied to study a course in thompson rivers university early last year but i wasn't given admission. I would certainly love to apply this year in a different school.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Cost Of Living In Germany For Nigerians:5 Things To Know As A Student In Germany / The Interchange Julius Beger Is Constructing In Obosi, Anambra (Photos) / Present Condition Of The New Lagos Marcopolo BRT Bus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.