Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,090 members, 7,953,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:10 PM

The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) (90443 Views)

This Python Was Killed In My Compound Tonight / The Snake I Killed In My Room In Enugu (Photos) / The Snake I Killed In The Toilet This Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Hypocrit: 4:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
stanliwise:
If a snake isn't harmful or a threat to life, is it very unwise to kill it.
Although vine snakes are poisonous.
They are not just poisonous, they have no cure and has always been fatal, you will literally bleed to death because of the hemotoxic nature of their venom.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by KrazyDave16(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
hackeen:
Oh my God, what have you done? This is a rare specie of vine snake..most of them are harmless to human.. sad

Nobody has time to know if it's the venemous one or not, after all no be everybody dey watch snakes in the city

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Vee12(m): 4:13pm On Feb 26, 2020
The specie is called zulezu
Quote me wrong cool
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by xnsandrxns: 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
Rhaspody:
That snake looks venomous oh
How does a snake look venomous?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Nnaetochukwu(m): 4:14pm On Feb 26, 2020
hackeen:
Oh my God, what have you done? This is a rare specie of vine snake..most of them are harmless to human.. sad

U well so...which kind rubbish species be that
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Etinosa1234: 4:16pm On Feb 26, 2020
stanliwise:
If a snake isn't harmful or a threat to life, is it very unwise to kill it.
Although vine snakes are poisonous.

how u wan know if e dey poisonous...U wan dey check hin teeth
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Hypocrit: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
The Snake is highly venomous, its venom is hemotoxic, there is no antivenom for its bite yet, its bite has always been fatal.

2 Likes

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by hybeekay221: 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
It's actually Twig snake

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Jahwinaboy(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Anything snake, kill am. U can't easily tell which is poisonous. It also have no value from biblical days. Who knows the virus lurking around lol
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by stanliwise(m): 4:17pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hypocrit:
They are not just poisonous, they have no cure and has always been fatal, you will literally bleed to death because of the hemotoxic nature of their venom.
Yea, that is because hematoxin destroys blood vessel walls. Chai, things dey sha.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Kuficking: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Wow
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Snipper007: 4:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
micellgevity:
Lala's food don land. Pls move it to the promised land.

This specie doesn't bite na op. angry
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by PWAPUTI2010(m): 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
It's a desert snake that has lives on a dry surface, its very dangerous and can kill when bite in 15 - 20 minutes.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Symorne(m): 4:19pm On Feb 26, 2020
Gosh!
What a poor and harmless creature.
Well, lemme start hunting snakes to make fp on the forum.

Anyways, God bless Nigeria.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by kollysnut(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
durubennie:
It's a vine snake

damn poisonous........
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by stanliwise(m): 4:20pm On Feb 26, 2020
Etinosa1234:

how u wan know if e dey poisonous...U wan dey check hin teeth
recognition and identification.
If you can't then kill it as a safe option. Else just let it go somewhere else. This apply for all things of life.
Don't kill harmless things.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Enyimbamercedes: 4:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Not all snakes are venomous!

I do not understand this habit of killing an animal then running online to ask us what it is

It is a hippopotamus snake
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Nmezor(f): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
eni4real:
Full pics finally. grin
wat re u saying
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by naijacentric(m): 4:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

What type of snake is this
will you shut up

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Hypocrit: 4:24pm On Feb 26, 2020
Kingv:

Vine snake is greenish and mildly venomous—
You lied. They are highly venomous and they have no antivenom yet. Encounter with them has always been fatal, as their venom is hemotoxic. The african version is called twig snake. Source wikipedia.

1 Like

Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by deltateam: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
micellgevity:
Lala's food don land. Pls move it to the promised land.

Is this not rattle snake?
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Hypocrit: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
stanliwise:
Yea, that is because hematoxin destroys blood vessel walls. Chai, things dey sha.
Yea.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Jephz(m): 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2020
hackeen:

I like snake .. but I’m not sure this is a vine snake.. it looks like one tho .. but don’t say they bare harmless to human.. true they rarely attack human. But one bite from them. 6ft. There’s no anti venom for it bite
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Nobody: 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
Vine snakes are back-fanged, meaning the fangs are located towards the back of the mouth. The commonly known and much feared boomslang (Dispholidus typus) is also back-fanged. Both these species are very dangerous as their venoms are highly toxic and known to deliver fatal bites.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Yewandequeen(f): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2020
emmabest2000:
When I shout Lala
You shout snake grin

Lala ....
snake
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by deltateam: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
Uspic:
Ahaetulla nasuta, also known as common vine snake and long-nosed whip snake, is a slender green tree snake found in India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Burma, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam.

Even small children know that snake ain't green.
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by supercase1(m): 4:32pm On Feb 26, 2020
GOFRONT:
Op, Instead of you to call on Simon and his girlfriend the snake expert on NatGeo wild to come help you safely catch and relocate the snake alive, but you chose to smash and quench the life of the poor snake.....

We are no different from the attitude of our political leaders.....We are wicked..
Shey snakorona virus never catch u,dey there dey form snake activist grin
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by AmbFitsaint(m): 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
Hypocrit:
The Snake is highly venomous, its venom is hemotoxic, there is no antivenom for its bite yet, its bite has always been fatal.

I disagree

Its head is not triangular. Its pupil is not elliptical. The subcaudal scales are two roles. No fangs seen .... It is harmless
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by deeva1: 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2020
This is Ornamental snake
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Feb 26, 2020
Nmezor:
wat re u saying
Ur dp. Nice!
Re: The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) by Nmezor(f): 4:37pm On Feb 26, 2020
eni4real:
Ur dp. Nice!
okay I see, thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Python Swallows Sallah Meat In Badagry And Was Caught 'Red Handed' (Photos) / Akoms Ability: Policeman Who Died In Oshiomhole's Convoy Accident (Graphic Pics) / Graveyard At 26000ft, Stories About The Frozen Bodies On Mount Everest(Photos).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.