Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,357 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:49 PM

Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? (1567 Views)

Mistakes People Make In Their 20s That Guarantee They Will Have A Hard Life. / How Do Average Nigerian Couples Have More Than 2 Children? / Wife Dumps Her Son, Empties Husband's Shops, Elopes With School Boyfriend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by ultron12345: 8:38pm On Feb 22, 2020
Goodday everyone.

Please, I'm doing research about a retail business project I'm about to embark on.

I need to have an idea of the revenue (total sales) the average Nigerian shop selling provisions and everyday items in an average city makes per day/week/month.

I'll appreciate the inputs of people who operate such shops or have access to those who do. I just need an estimate of the amount daily, weekly or monthly.

Thanks.
Re: Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by Omololaeni(f): 9:20pm On Feb 22, 2020
I need answer to this to o.
Re: Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 1:37pm On Feb 23, 2020
I am following too.
Re: Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by EvilPOTATO(m): 9:42pm On Feb 23, 2020
Let me first say an average provision store doesn't sell provision alone. So with this in mind...
Total Sales Depends on the location and kind of purchase(buying in bulk) you make yourself ... If your shop is located in a place where there are less competition, you could be making a sales of 16k in a day ( I mean total sales in a day). This 16k range sales happens between 29th to 11th of every month throughout the year except December. December's high sales is through out that month.
Other days of the month you could make 7k or 8k (excluding people that will come and buy on credit)

The gain on a provision store is always very high at the start of the first 3 years. In order to make alot of gain, you have to buy all your items in bulk. On average, you could make a sale of 6 to 7k in a day

2 Likes

Re: Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by ultron12345: 8:54am On Feb 24, 2020
EvilPOTATO:
Let me first say an average provision store doesn't sell provision alone. So with this in mind...
Total Sales Depends on the location and kind of purchase(buying in bulk) you make yourself ... If your shop is located in a place where there are less competition, you could be making a sales of 16k in a day ( I mean total sales in a day). This 16k range sales happens between 29th to 11th of every month throughout the year except December. December's high sales is through out that month.
Other days of the month you could make 7k or 8k (excluding people that will come and buy on credit)

The gain on a provision store is always very high at the start of the first 3 years. In order to make alot of gain, you have to buy all your items in bulk. On average, you could make a sale of 6 to 7k in a day

Thank you so much. Really appreciate. It was very helpful.

More inputs from more people are welcome.
Re: Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by Misscongenialit: 6:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Currently many retail provision business run on a value chain thery are almost the last on the chain before the consumer and the prices are fixed even from the manufacturer

Provisio is usually a business of low margins and high turnover. The profit to be made depends on how busy the location is and the amount invested in the business

To.support this business many women support with high margin goods such as foodtstuff i.e garri, yam, oil etc or drinks i.e alcoholic and non alcoholic

1 Like

Re: Please, How Much Sales/Revenue Do Average Provision Shops Make In Nigeria? by Lamanii22(f): 10:09pm On Feb 24, 2020
Misscongenialit:
Currently many retail provision business run on a value chain thery are almost the last on the chain before the consumer and the prices are fixed even from the manufacturer

Provisio is usually a business of low margins and high turnover. The profit to be made depends on how busy the location is and the amount invested in the business

To.support this business many women support with high margin goods such as foodtstuff i.e garri, yam, oil etc or drinks i.e alcoholic and non alcoholic

And pure water... You must have a freezer in that provision store too...

(1) (Reply)

8 Sleep Hacks To Help You Fall Asleep Faster / Why Settle For House Paints When You Have Better Options? / Your Advice Is Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.