Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,712 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Lovers On The Loose - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Lovers On The Loose (28580 Views)

Another Deported Prostitute On The Loose / Besties On The Loose / On Saggy Boobs And 'loose' Vaginas. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lovers On The Loose by BigBasher: 2:29pm On May 30, 2020
Interesting episode
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Saturn101: 4:57pm On May 30, 2020
Cooool Story
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Zamar: 8:21am On May 31, 2020
More.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by SeyiDominion: 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2020
Interesting
Re: Lovers On The Loose by CasNova: 7:33pm On Jun 02, 2020
Dave had treated her specially. She had eaten barbecue and taken non-alcoholic wine to her satisfaction. Now, all she needed was sleep.
Her phone started ringing as soon as she stepped inside her room. Could that be Dave? She checked the caller and hissed the moment she knew who was calling.

It was Akinola, her ex. At first, she decided to ignore it, but it kept ringing and ringing that she finally picked it up.
“Yes?” she said, not so pleasantly.

“Funmi darling, are you still cross with me?”

She felt like bursting into laughter. What a question to ask. How could he be asking that when he knew that she was actually mad at him?

“Why don’t you save your time and energy by not asking stupid question?”

“Ah,” he sounded exasperated. “I thought we have settled everything, now. I even expected to see you at my place this evening.”

Again, she felt like laughing. How could she go to his place when she was enjoying the lush company of another man?

“Akinola, get this into your head. It is all over between us.” She repeated it slowly and emphatically as if he had difficulty in hearing: “It is all over between us.”

“But, you cannot do this to me, baby. Remember the wonderful time we had together.”

“And remember the ugly time we had,” she chirped in. he could have been a good lover, but he was given to excessive jealousy and could be violent. These were tell-tale signs that things would be tough if she should go ahead and marry him. On that premises, she had severed the relationship.

Besides, she had a new man in her life. Dave was going to be a better lover, she had no doubt.

“Good bye, Akin. Best of luck.”

He was still trying to say something but she cut the communication. He should get himself another lover and move on with life, she thought.

That was what she had done.

Three days after Tosin started living with him, it seemed she had permanently come to stay with him. Today, she brought more of her things to Dayo’s place. She no longer referred to the place as ‘his’ place but ‘our’ place. He did not really mind. From all indications, the days of living with a live-in-lover had come to him.

The greatest opposition she had was from her mother.

“How could you just pack to a man’s house and start living with him like that?” she had berated. “Do you have to cheapen yourself before him?”

But Tosin’s father saw nothing wrong with her move.

For full story: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/lovers_on_the_loose/31373
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Zamar: 7:55am On Jun 03, 2020
Nice update
Re: Lovers On The Loose by UltimateSpice: 8:49am On Jun 04, 2020
Cool update.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by BigBasher: 8:25pm On Jun 04, 2020
Nice
Re: Lovers On The Loose by CasNova: 8:44pm On Jun 05, 2020
Three days after Tosin started living with him, it seemed she had permanently come to stay with him.

Today, she brought more of her things to Dayo’s place. She no longer referred to the place as ‘his’ place but ‘our’ place. He did not really mind. From all indications, the days of living with a live-in-lover had come to him.

The greatest opposition she had was from her mother.

“How could you just pack to a man’s house and start living with him like that?” she had berated.

“Do you have to cheapen yourself before him?”

But Tosin’s father saw nothing wrong with her move.

“Do you really love him? Above all, does he love you?” he had asked his daughter. “If the answer is yes, then go ahead. This is the first step towards establishing a long-lasting relationship with him.”

That had emboldened Tosin more and she had brought more of her things. A couple of hours ago, when she wanted to move those things, her sister had accosted her.

“So, who’s this guy that you want to fall yourself over for?”

Tosin smiled wanly. “He’s a colleague at work,” she answered simply.

“Just a colleague?” Funmi had looked horrified.

“Just a common colleague? Dear Tosin, when will you grow up and look for things that are really the standard things that you should have?”

Tosin would not be deterred. “I’m in love with him and he’s in love with me; and that’s what matters.”

“Love?” Funmi had snickered. “Who’s talking about love? You need a man that can really take care of you and your needs. Who is still talking about love these days?”

Tosin had shrugged it off. Funmi was always talking like that. She was always talking as if everything started with and ended with money.

She packed more of her things and was now back in Dayo’s house.

“What do we eat tonight?” she asked him.

“Anything my darling prepares is okay.”

The previous day, she had made some soup and stew. “What about wheat meal and egusi soup?”

His face brightened up. “Oh, that will be very fine. I will love that.”

She went to the kitchen to prepare the food. He followed her there and they chatted. Some minutes later, the food was ready.

She dished it inside plates and they went to the sitting-room.

She mouthed a short prayer before they started to eat. Mid-way into the meal, his doorbell rang.

The door was not locked, so the person turned the knob and entered the sitting-room. No, it was not Saidat that had come to give him a mischievous message. This time, the intruder was Gloria.

He was surprised to see her.

Full story available at: https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/lovers_on_the_loose/31373
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Awesome05: 10:36am On Jun 06, 2020
Cool
Re: Lovers On The Loose by ThrillPlus: 7:24pm On Jun 06, 2020
Nice update.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Saturn101: 2:54pm On Jun 07, 2020
Interesting episode.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by FairCritic(m): 9:04pm On Jun 07, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Zamar: 7:52pm On Jun 08, 2020
More
Re: Lovers On The Loose by BigBasher: 10:23pm On Jun 08, 2020
Nice update.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Odoogu(m): 8:08am On Jun 09, 2020
grin grin
Re: Lovers On The Loose by CasNova: 2:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
The door was not locked, so the person turned the knob and entered the sitting-room. No, it was not Saidat that had come to give him a mischievous message. This time, the intruder was Gloria.
He was surprised to see her.

“Hello, Gloria. What a surprise that you’re here.”

Gloria took one look at Tosin and sighed. Unlike the last time she was there, she took everything coolly.

“Good evening,” she greeted them.

Dayo nodded. Now, he was in a fix. What was Gloria doing in the house? Had she not hinted that she was no longer interested in the relationship and that she had moved on? Why then had she made a sudden re-appearance?

She faced him. “I will like to see you for a minute.”

He gulped. “Me?”

Gloria nodded. “Of course, you.”

He sighed. What game was she playing, or was she about to play? Her case could not be like Saidat’s, he thought. Unlike Saidat, Gloria lived miles away. But what exactly did she want to see him for?

He stopped eating and washed his hands. “You will have to excuse me, my darling,” he told Tosin who looked on with a puzzled look. “Nothing to worry about,” he quickly added. “Everything will be alright.”

He stood up and went to the door. Gloria preceded him out to the passageway. He gently closed his sitting-room door behind him.

“What is the problem, Gloria?”

“I’ve come to apologize for the way I behaved the other time,” she stated.

He was bemused. “Is that so?”

“Yes. I behaved rather childishly. Please forgive my erratic way.”

He grinned and shrugged. “It’s okay, Gloria. We human beings are always imperfect. Of course, you’re forgiven.”

“Thank you. I also want things to continue as they were.”

“You mean as lovers?” He shook his head. “I’m sorry, events have taken over that. The lady you saw in my flat is my lover now.”

“But how could you replace me so soon? How could you bring another lover in so fast?”

“How could you behave the way you did in the first place?” he parried. “You should have thought of the possibility of this before you behaved the way you did. Any way, it’s too late for us to come together and be lovers again. That won’t work.”

Gloria was adamant.

Full story available at:https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/lovers_on_the_loose/31373
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Odoogu(m): 9:14pm On Jun 09, 2020
Ziggy zagga... the dribbling school. thank you op.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by tonysunkan: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2020
Nice one
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Zamar: 5:05pm On Jun 10, 2020
Cool one.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by chigozie1010: 7:36pm On Jun 10, 2020
I dey follow you like fly...More updates please
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Awesome05: 8:27am On Jun 11, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by BigBasher: 10:37am On Jun 11, 2020
Cool.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by akpota(m): 10:50am On Jun 11, 2020
I love this part. Nice read. Please update soon.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Awesome05: 1:15pm On Jun 11, 2020
More.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by UltimateSpice: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2020
Interesting.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by CasNova: 10:04am On Jun 13, 2020
Gloria was adamant.

“Can’t you just tell her to go away? Can’t you tell her that your real love is back?”

He felt like bursting into laughter. Why, she made it look so simple, like asking a kid to recite A, B, C.

“I’m sorry, that won’t be possible, Gloria. You just have to move on by getting another love.”

He suddenly felt there was no need to prolong the matter with her again.

“Best of love, Gloria.” He turned and made to return to his door.

“Wait,” she said urgently. “You mean you won’t give me a second chance at all? You want to end our relationship just like that?”

“I’m sorry, Gloria, but at this stage, there’s nothing I can do about it.”

He turned the handle of his door and stepped inside his sitting-room. Gloria remained rooted on the same spot. So that was it. She had received the red card without any ceremony about it.

Yes, it was partially her fault that she acted rashly the last time she was with him. But why must he too act rashly by getting another lover? Did his act not confirm that he was a flirt all along?

She had wanted to quit the relationship, but in the last couple of days, she kept having the feeling that she should go back to him and reconcile.

The feelings had become strong and that was why she had come. She had imagined that he would gladly receive her back. Now, see the disappointment she had received.

But then, she was not the kind that easily give up. She would not relent until she got to a desirable ending.

When Dayo rejoined Tosin in the house, he decided to reveal who Gloria was even before Tosin asked.

“That was my ex-girlfriend,” he put in. “She broke up with me, now she wants us to be back.”

Tosin did not say a word, so he went on: “Of course, I told her it’s too late. I’ve already got for myself the most delectable lady in the world and no one can change that fact and reality.”

At this, Tosin beamed in smile. “My own is, let no lady come and spoil the love between us o.”

He moved to wrap his arm around her. “Don’t you worry my sweetheart. No lady will ever come between you and me. That is one promise I’m going to keep. Trust me.”

When Gloria left Dayo’s place, she remained downcast as she made her way back Ikeja where she lived with her aunty. It was not difficult to perceive that she was in a bad mood.

She went straight to her room where she silently cried and tried to comfort herself. It was funny but she had never cried over a man before. She had also never felt for one the way she felt for Dayo.

There was a soft rap on the door. Quickly, she dabbed her eyes and tried to look unruffled. The door opened and her little niece, Mosun came in. the ten years old girl came to her bedside and starred at Gloria. Her stare was so long that Gloria found it disconcerting.

“Yes? Why’re you staring at me like that?”

Mosun nodded. “I know why you are in this sad mood,” she blurted out.

Gloria nearly chuckled. Her niece, though cool, sometimes behaved like she knew more that she should know.

https://publish.okadabooks.com/book/about/lovers_on_the_loose/31373

1 Like

Re: Lovers On The Loose by SolaRaphael: 12:55pm On Jun 13, 2020
Cool
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Zamar: 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Lovers On The Loose by superjaks(m): 10:36am On Jun 14, 2020
I love this great piece. Keep it up!

1 Like

Re: Lovers On The Loose by SeyiDominion: 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2020
superjaks:
I love this great piece. Keep it up!

cool
Re: Lovers On The Loose by Zamar: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2020
Cool story

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are Your Sexual Fantasies? / How Does It Feel To Be A Lady With A Big Ass (photos) / Things You Need To Accept In Your Relationship To Be Happy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.