Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,100 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture (94205 Views)

Banky W Clarifies Old Tweet About Wizkid 'Begging' Him / Davido Speaks On Fake Tweet About Ifeanyi Adeleke Not Being His Biological Son / Banky W Talks About Losing The Election And His Wife’s Reaction To It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by chloride6: 9:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
EMboz:
DNA doesn’t matter? In what part of the world did you learn this? So it is bride price that determines who is the biological father of a child?

grin
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by festacman(m): 9:33pm On Feb 24, 2020
Munzy14:

You are just writing for the sake.

If David has not paid the dowry of chioma, the son belongs to chioma's parents. It is simple as ABC when it involves Igbo tradition.

We don't even argue it.

A picture of both families appeared online sometime ago, so it is possible he has paid the dowry, U think these guys don't reason with their parents?...Wake up! David knows the tradition.

Always make sure u fall in line with tradition to avoid issues.

Igbo traditions are subject to rule of the laws of Nigeria. You can only ĺay a paternity claim to a child if DNA test proves the child is yours.

3 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jack500: 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Female inheritance is based solely on if the man didn't have any male child but has a female child or children, he might decide to use one of the. Daughter as MAN in WOMAN, and do the necessary rites so that anyday he is gone or join his ancestors that particular female will inherit or takeover from him.

Secondly to use the whiteman's law to overide people's known tradition is not a good Idea. It is a bad precedent. It is more like encouraging others to be adopting this pattern and approaching court to thwart tradition. It is a bad idea and process.

Our own laws is our own home grown solutions in solving our issues not the other way round.

Someone should explain this clearly so that you will understand the situation perfectly.

Can u start talking like someone that went to school, u think it is only Chioma father that has tradition or culture. Davido doesn't have?

In Yoruba land "baba omo lo l'omo"

U can as well tell Chioma father to try this nonsense, and see if he will not decay in jail.

5 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:35pm On Feb 24, 2020
EMboz:
DNA doesn’t matter? In what part of the world did you learn this? So it is bride price that determines who is the biological father of a child?

Are you joking!

Bride price determines biological father.

You must be joking
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jack500:

Can u start talking like someone that went to school, u think it is only Chioma father that has tradition or culture. Davido doesn't have?

In Yoruba land "baba omo lo l'omo"

U can as well tell Chioma father to try this nonsense, and see if he will not decay in jail.

Davido is not even in the picture, so why will his tradition be considered.

Not possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
Munzy14:

You are just writing for the sake.

If David has not paid the dowry of chioma, the son belongs to chioma's parents. It is simple as ABC when it involves Igbo tradition.

We don't even argue it.

A picture of both families appeared online sometime ago, so it is possible he has paid the dowry, U think these guys don't reason with their parents?...Wake up! David knows the tradition.

Always make sure u fall in line with tradition to avoid issues.

You are joking!

In 2020, you are saying this!

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jack500: 9:37pm On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:

A child doesn't have to be biological to be your son. Davido is currently not more than a sperm donor in the eyes of the law.

Which law, pls, Igbo law? What about Davido tribe law?

Pls, tell Chioma father to try one nonsense, he go rot in jail.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jack500: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Davido is not even in the picture, so why will his tradition be considered.

Not possible.

The father of a child is not in the picture?

Wow! Most people that comment on this forum are stark illiterate.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by stanliwise(m): 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:
I don't know how these guys used to think..

Davido as it stands now is not the rightful owner of that child.

How can you claim a child you've not done anything on the mothers' head.

Chioma's father has greate and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.
there is no fact here, just some bleeped up tradition only respect by those who made it.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jonathan39: 9:39pm On Feb 24, 2020
Everything you said might be true in Yoruba land, Davido should stretch his luck and see what happens.
tunapawizzy:
i used to think what makes one the father of a child in the eyes of the law is a positive DNA test. Forget culture people, as long as DNA confirms he fathered the child and he can prove to be responsible for the child's upkeep, the child is his....all this he didnt pay bride price talk na just talk for bants....payment of bride price of mother is not what validates u as father of child
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jack500:

What makes him the father of the child please?

Educate us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by bakynes3: 9:41pm On Feb 24, 2020
The way some Igbo people talk on this forum is so annoying. So you think Igbo Culture Supersedes the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria? You guys must really be foolish. You think Nigeria is your small village where that culture is taken seriously?

See this Child's paternity is between a Yoruba Man and an igbo Woman and can maybe stand if both are Igbos.You think Davido's Family with all their wealth will open their eyes and see another man claim his child or you think the Yoruba culture too doesnt matter here. Una dey joke.

8 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by LKO(m): 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
alizma:

Oga are you through with your analysis?
Pray there is no misunderstanding between them that will lead them to go their separate ways because should that happened, all this your story will be thrown into waste basket while another man will claim that child.

Which reasonable man would want to claim a child that he did not father biologically? Claim a child which your current wife had for another man. Come on. That tradition is outdated and will fall flat before the law court. What is the supreme court judgement on female being denied their father's inheritance in Igbo culture? Go read up that judgement. Only an illiterate and poor man would loose his biologicalchild to that Igbo so called culture.

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:

You are talking nonsense. Customary laws are sacrosanct. Traditional marriage is even more sacrosanct that white wedding.

That marriage has not been properly customarily consumated and remain illegal If Chioma's father drags Davido to court, he will win.

Read what you composing please.

In 2020, Chioma's father will win the paternity of Davido's biological son.

O my gawd!

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jung(m): 9:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Chioma's father has greater and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.

Never have I seen a comment so full of garbage in the name of tradition lmao. Stupidity is mind bending, on God grin

Everyone that liked the comment is equally guilty of same stupidity

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jack500:

I swear!

Outdated Stark Illiterates

3 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Chijeep(m): 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2020
chukwunedum150:
Davido go and do the needful, as it stands now Ifeanyichukwu no be your pikin yet oo
Even if d needful is done now it doesn't change d fact dat d child is Chioma father's.
dat our tradition.

if a girl give birth wen she's nt legally married d child belongs 2 d father unless he's considered
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jack500: 9:44pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

What makes him the father of the child please?

Educate us.

He is the one that slept with Chioma or are u? Or chioma father?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Abiriba1stson: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Your post is totally alien to us because it is a pure lie.

I said we don't practice such backward traditions in Abiriba you said is lie. Are you OK? Why do you people always think your traditions in Anambra/Imo is the tradition of the entire Igboland?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jonathan39: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Ok, according to what you said, does it mean if I marry and at a long run my wife had an affair with you and one of my child is tested and he or she carries your DNA , you will go to court and claim the child?
festacman:

Igbo traditions are subject to rule of the law of Nigeria. You can only ĺay claim to a child if DNA test proves the child is yours.
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by kingola111(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Please on a more sincere note let us all try and respect tradition.

That child in Igbo tradition rightfully belongs to chioma's father.

How can Davido be claiming a child he hasn't done. Anything on the mothers head. It is fully reserved for chioma's father to either allow the child to go over to David or not

If he decides tomorrow that this child will be part of his land inheritance and will take his share as his son. He is right.

I am yet to come to terms how this child belongs to david.

The twitter user was right.

Finally, judges that are versed in people's tradition will try such case and on merit of it.

E be like ant dey this one brain
Nah chioma father Bleep chioma till she pregnant abi
Do you even know the law
Do you know what dna can cause when this shit you wrote here starts
Look my mom is Igbo I have nothing against anyone but to come here and say this trash about tradition you must be a big joke
So you mean the father can give my child to another man that Marry my ex
#roughplay
Chai e dey hungry me to give one Igbo girl belle make the father come try nonsense with me
Bro las las e go beg me when he wan release my child to me
#ajeh

2 Likes

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jack500:

He is the one that slept with Chioma or are u? Or chioma father?

Your reply is just petty and will be dismissed in any customary court.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jung(m): 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
SciLab:

You are talking nonsense. Customary laws are sacrosanct. Traditional marriage is even more sacrosanct that white wedding.

That marriage has not been properly customarily consumated and remain illegal If Chioma's father drags Davido to court, he will win.

Someone check this guy for brain aneurysm. Something is leaking somewhere undecided
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Nobody: 9:45pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Chioma's father has greater and 100 percent claim on the child than Davido...........Thats just the fact.

Do you take alcohol or Marijuana?

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jack500: 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
Chijeep:

Even if d needful is done now it doesn't change d fact dat d child is Chioma father's.
dat our tradition.

if a girl give birth wen she's nt legally married d child belongs 2 d father unless he's considered

To hell with ur useless tradition, we are talking about Nigeria law here, not one useless tradition, u think Davido too, doesn't av tradition
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by festacman(m): 9:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jonathan39:
Ok, according to what you said, does it mean if I marry and at a long run my wife had an affair with you and one of my child is tested and he or she carries your DNA , you will go to court and claim the child?

I am afraid, "yes" is that answer.

1 Like

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jonathan39: 9:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
So Christianity permits a man and a woman to bear children without marriage? Smh
musb92yahooco:
Islam is the best. Islam does not permit a man and woman to bear children without marriage Christianity is fake
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by stanliwise(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
Chijeep:

dat our tradition.

what a wretched tradition.
It only depict that your tradition means selling daughter from father to husband (buyer) . so like we do for property. and after you pay for it, everything of the property become your own.
sad
Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Chijeep(m): 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
Jack500:

To hell with ur useless tradition, we are talking about Nigeria law here, not one useless tradition, u think Davido too, doesn't av tradition

go try am na...

na ur type go dey shout I no know ooo las las.

whr u suppose learn u cari ur bad mouth dey insult

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Davido Reacts To Tweet About Losing Son To Another Man According To Igbo Culture by Jack500: 9:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Your reply is just petty and will be dismissed in any customary court.

Lolz, no be only customary law, na traditional law, the earlier u realized that one useless tradition can't hold sway between two people of different tribe/tradition, the better for u.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

6 Davido’s Friends That Died Between 2017 -2021,he Was Accused Of Killing No.3 / Chinedu Ikedieze's House In Uzuakoli, Abia, His Hometown / E-Money’s Convoy As He Heads Home From Church (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.