Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,305 members, 7,850,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:21 PM

Before You Propose To Her In Public - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Before You Propose To Her In Public (760 Views)

How Did You Propose? / Guys, What Would You Do If You Propose To Her In Public & She Embarrasses You? / Guys! Before You Propose To Her In Public, Ask These Questions. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Before You Propose To Her In Public by Nobody: 7:02pm On Feb 24, 2020
The kind of rejection some guys receive, "can block phone network". Very painful and abandoning rejection.

The best way to propose is to first make the lady all over you, need you so much, suggest marriage to you, before you ever propose. If a lady does not suggest or stylishly suggest marriage to you, do not propose at all. If you want to risk proposing at all cost, you can do it in your closet, instead of the public.

1 Like

Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by XhosaNostra(f): 7:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
The best way to avoid it is not to do it in public. Period. That in itself is embarrassing. Attracting unnecessary attention & putting pressure on her, as well, because all eyes are on you guys. I bet some ladies say no because of that. You have to familiarize yourself with the kind of person she is before making a spectacle.
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by AfroKnight: 11:49pm On Feb 24, 2020
A number of these public proposals are just performances. They rehearsed before coming out to entertain us.

If you must propose, make sure she is deserving. Why? Cos you are actually doing her a favour by rescuing her from spinsterhood. You are giving her the respect that comes with bearing your name and bearing your children.

When you ask her to marry, I don’t think it is out of place for her to get down on her two knees to say thank you while accepting the ring. You are the benefactor here. grin grin Whatever you do, don’t kneel. You’re the man.

No offence.

4 Likes

Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by cassbeat(m): 11:52pm On Feb 24, 2020
AfroKnight:
A number of these public proposals are just performances. They rehearsed before coming out to entertain us.

If you must propose, make sure she is deserving. Why? Cos you are actually doing her a favour by rescuing her from spinsterhood. You are giving her the respect that comes with bearing your name and bearing your children.

When you ask her to marry, I don’t think it is out of place for her to get down on her two knees to say thank you while accepting the ring. You are the benefactor here. grin grin Whatever you do, don’t kneel. You’re the man.
Lol na wa o these your points no be here o.. But I believe that before a guy goes on to make a proposal he must have known it already that the lady is ready to marry him....
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by AfroKnight: 12:00am On Feb 25, 2020
cassbeat:
Lol na wa o these your points no be here o.. But I believe that before a guy goes on to make a proposal he must have known it already that the lady is ready to marry him....

Lol. You are right. Don’t mind all these guys that think they can propose without informing and getting the consent of the girl. You and the girl must have been discussing room decorations and colours and even number of children before proposing. If she keeps avoiding such discussions, a reasonable guy should not propose. It will end in premium embarrassment.
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 25, 2020
XhosaNostra:
The best way to avoid it is not to do it in public. Period. That in itself is embarrassing. Attracting unnecessary attention & putting pressure on her, as well, because all eyes are on you guys. I bet some ladies say no because of that. You have to familiarize yourself with the kind of person she is before making a spectacle.
Let her do the proposing final grin
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by creolehunt: 10:13am On Feb 25, 2020
Crave for attention, social media hype and unnecessary ostentation has sucked the brain out of many. I can't imagine proposing to my woman in public and in full glare of people who we don't know Nd will end up posting our pictures online to people who we still don't know. Even if I'm certain she will accept, I never will try that foolishness. What exactly is the point.
Proposals should be private moments. God forbid I try that nonsense.
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by creolehunt: 10:19am On Feb 25, 2020
freedomest:
The kind of rejection some guys receive, "can block phone network". Very painful and abandoning rejection.

The best way to propose is to first make the lady all over you, need you so much, suggest marriage to you, before you ever propose. If a lady does not suggest or stylishly suggest marriage to you, do not propose at all. If you want to risk proposing at all cost, you can do it in your closet, instead of the public.

Is there any tangible reason why people choose public proposals? Do you know?
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by XhosaNostra(f): 10:20am On Feb 25, 2020
Mandelus:

Let her do the proposing final grin

Looooool.
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by cassbeat(m): 8:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
AfroKnight:

Lol. You are right. Don’t mind all these guys that think they can propose without informing and getting the consent of the girl. You and the girl must have been discussing room decorations and colours and even number of children before proposing. If she keeps avoiding such discussions, a reasonable guy should not propose. It will end in premium embarrassment.
So true bro..
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by Tajbol4splend(m): 12:20am On Feb 26, 2020
Oyinbos stupid lifestyle is the norm for Africans, we always copy everything they do including the wrong things they do
Re: Before You Propose To Her In Public by aprilwise(m): 8:44am On Feb 26, 2020
I cannot imagine the embrassment of girls rejecting engagement proposal. Why dating a guy you Know you cannot get married to?

(1) (Reply)

What Do You Consider The Most Weird You Have Done To Get A Guy/girl's Attention / Corona Virus Facts- Types Of People That Can't Contact Corona Virus / Pant Mask! Stop Using Pant Materials For Face Mask, Nigerian Man Cries Out.video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.