Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit (57886 Views)

Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit / Father Reports Yahoo-Yahoo Son to EFCC After Buying N2M House. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by softsoul22(m): 8:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Neurotika:
oh well, before you crucify the Bank, understand the severe regulatory sanctions that comes with not filing STR (Suspicious Transaction Reporting) under the AML/CFT framework.

When CBN warns you to comply with a directive and you don't, ensure your risk appetite is large enough to bear their sanctions. Those guys don't mess around. If you know, you know.
If this is the case I'll beat my chest for FCMB if they also report NIGERIA corrupt POLITICIANS using their financial institutions for illegal transactions and lodging of money into their bank accounts just the way the bank reported this guy for STR. Behold FCMB is trying to redeem an image, but not this way.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Kulikuli12: 8:26am On Feb 25, 2020
Guys beware, Fcmb nor be bank to do business with cry
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by MondayOsunbor(m): 8:29am On Feb 25, 2020
flyingdutchman:
Very good! This is a welcome development.

my people stay away from this yeye bank

thanks you
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by egoldman(m): 8:31am On Feb 25, 2020
I don't support crimes, but there are times that our national interests override other considerations.

FCMB may have gone too far with this, since the time of Nigeria and other African countries independence, have the United States repatriated all the stolen funds that have been stashed in the US banks and other financial institutions?

Do you know that some of the best scientists that worked with Hitler were sent to the US and given American citizenship and jobs despite actively and intentionally assisting Hitler to commit evil?

As someone rightly said, what about the politicians that have been using Nigerian banks including FCMB hide their loot?

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 25, 2020
Imagine after all the snitch and gra gra by efcc the money turns out to be legit... The way the man go close his account with Fcmb ehen...

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by TayehJiboluwa(m): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2020
Neurotika:
oh well, before you crucify the Bank, understand the severe regulatory sanctions that comes with not filing STR (Suspicious Transaction Reporting) under the AML/CFT framework.

When CBN warns you to comply with a directive and you don't, ensure your risk appetite is large enough to bear their sanctions. Those guys don't mess around. If you know, you know.

Thank you
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Osobi32(m): 8:37am On Feb 25, 2020
FCMB....Am sorry for u guys, no one will ever trust u guys in business. Una dey Bleep up from day1 now una don graduate for the Bleep up. Am closing my account with u guys this morning. I hate double standard people.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by ibinaboonline: 8:39am On Feb 25, 2020
Know y they're so a zealous about this case? Not so the money be returned to the victims it was stolen from but so it will be forfeit to the friggin federal government. Man who doesn't know he can't deposit that amount of money at once is that one a man?
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by KKKWHITE(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
marshalcarter:
FCMB is a useless bank...where other banks are looking for customers to hit target...these ones are reporting their client...

FCMB is a useless bank
why encouraging immorality
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by OTayobami(m): 8:41am On Feb 25, 2020
Wordpressprime:
Fraud or not this will destroy the bank name

Don't mind those pricks up the comments sec criticizing others saying they'll close their accounts because of breach of trust from fcmb, what they don't know is whether ill gotten or not, right here in Nigeria you can't operate your business with ethics, it will shake/shatter a lot of tables, the business might crash as a result of it

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by poweredcom(m): 8:45am On Feb 25, 2020
FCMB is a snitch
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by seunak2016: 8:49am On Feb 25, 2020
SincereBigot:
Closing my FCMB account this week.. there was not even a petition first... na them dey do oversabi
the guy should have done normal for dem, 70% for him, 30% for all bank official who is involved. the case won't have to reach that level. they just want chop from it and the guy dey do too known
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by stanbillion200(m): 8:51am On Feb 25, 2020
FCMB
That is not a bank.
There is something fishy about that bank's operation.
Anytime an ATM machine debit my account wrongly, they don't normally refund my money, even if it is 1 year after the debit. If I don't visit a branch to lay the complain, they won't bother to return it until I visit a branch to complain.
Other Banks don't operate that way.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by tayot1(m): 8:55am On Feb 25, 2020
EFCC is making it look as if they were on their own and FCMB came to snitch on their customer. What i know is every bank is mandated to provide regular regulatory returns, one of which is STR under AML/CFT to CBN and other stake holders. It doesn't matter who is carrying out the transaction. It is left to CBN, EFCC, etc to determine what to do about those returns.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2020
ralphelo:

You are the useless hopeless human being here....
I pray someone will dupe you and your children born and yet unborn of the entire life savings.....
Thereafter, come here and be abusing buhari that Nigeria cannot develop.
Kudos to Fcmb.
If all our banks are doing this,there will be heavy reductions in Kidnappings, terrorism and other crimes.....The foreign investors can come over here,with more confidence in our systems.
you know...I would have also exchanged words with you but I learnt that in life...you just have to let the fool thinking he is fooling you keep fooling himself...and bringing my unborn kids to this....ha..you just proved you ain't got no sense and your thinking faculty is dead..
I bank with Fcmb...their network is never good in this life..their workers are rude...when you're in a hurry that's when they'll give you a silly excuse... someone deposit in your account..you'll never see the alert until after 3days... someone makes a withdrawal...lemme not even talk about that one...I have a reason for saying those banks are useless...you should have just asked why instead of proving your family foolishness here on NL..

#peace

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Obiaksnews: 8:58am On Feb 25, 2020
If you are conversant with Nigerian banking laws, you would know that the bank was only following standard procedure. Any individual that makes a deposit of more than N5m is supposed to state how he or she got the money, same applies for any corporate organisation that makes a deposit of N10m and above. The said customer was reported to the EFCC because he couldn't give satisfactory answers, if the money was to be found in the coffers of FCMB without them informing the body in charge of regulating private banks in Nigeria, they would be sanctioned.
haaaaaaaaa:
Nigerians doing Nigerians.
How can we develop this country when we can't watch our backs. Did the white man report any case of stolen money? No.
Why then label the innocent man a fraudster. See me I tire for this country oooo.
All the thief politicians are there stealing billions, you're here arresting an innocent man without proof. God help is in this country ooo
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 8:59am On Feb 25, 2020
KKKWHITE:
why encouraging immorality
lolzzzz... brother...I'm not doing that..i bank with them so i know what I'm talking about

#peace
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by mufguh: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2020
Ausrichie:

They carried out an investigation and they found out the money was sent to him by a fraudster. Simple. You should read the article you know it could help.
EFCC was the one that carried out the investigation after the bank reported the money
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Authortee: 9:00am On Feb 25, 2020
Ehh oh. See something
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by flyingdutchman(m): 9:01am On Feb 25, 2020
MondayOsunbor:

my people stay away from this yeye bank

thanks you
You neva chee chumtin! Make una stay away from dis kinda biz!
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by 9icest: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2020
Too many haters in that bank. They employ frustrated OND holders who hate seeing fresh young boys. The last time I got an inflow of $2000 FCMB held the money for over two weeks. The useless bank treats anyone who receives international transfer as Yahoo boy. Imagine! Anyways, I am done with that wowo bank. Fok FCMB, it’s staff and the rubbish owners. I spit on the rubbish bank
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:02am On Feb 25, 2020
spiritmasquerad:

Na people like una there support fraud
I'm not supporting fraud or whatever...I bank with those useless ppl... everything about them is not good ..their network...their workers are so rude... nothing about them is good...I have a reason saying they are useless...not because of the fraud...I believe in legit hustle

#peace
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by tayot1(m): 9:02am On Feb 25, 2020
softsoul22:
If this is the case I'll beat my chest for FCMB if they also report NIGERIA corrupt POLITICIANS using their financial institutions for illegal transactions and lodging of money into their bank accounts just the way the bank reported this guy for STR. Behold FCMB is trying to redeem an image, but not this way.

Bros banks report every suspicious transaction doesn't matter who own it. Aside that they also report transactions of PEP, etc, etc. They risk heavy sanctions from CBN if they don't. Today, no bank wants CBN wrath as heads will roll. But like we all know, the authorities determine which transaction is clean or fraudulent. Even when some are clearly fraudulent, the authorities may decide to be silent for whatever reasons. But trust me they have all the records.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Obiaksnews: 9:03am On Feb 25, 2020
You are one of the reasons Nigeria would never get better, people like you who justify one crime with the crime of others are the problem we have in this country. People like you won't complain about a crime when it's beneficial to you, but would only complain when it's not beneficial. You can do better.
egoldman:
I don't support crimes, but there are times that our national interests override other considerations.

FCMB may have gone too far with this, since the time of Nigeria and other African countries independence, have the United States repatriated all the stolen funds that have been stashed in the US banks and other financial institutions?

Do you know that some of the best scientists that worked with Hitler were sent to the US and given American citizenship and jobs despite actively and intentionally assisting Hitler to commit evil?

As someone rightly said, what about the politicians that have been using Nigerian banks including FCMB hide their loot?

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:04am On Feb 25, 2020
9icest:
Too many haters in that bank. They employ frustrated OND holders who hate seeing fresh young boys. The last time I got an inflow of $2000 FCMB held the money for over two weeks. The useless bank treats anyone who receives international transfer as Yahoo boy. Imagine! Anyways, I am done with that wowo bank. Fok FCMB, it’s staff and the rubbish owners. I spit on the rubbish bank
that's what I'm trying to explain to a dumb idiot up there and he's busy disgracing his family tree

I'm about banking with first bank or access

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Platony(m): 9:06am On Feb 25, 2020
Mumu banks,...

What is 19m naira.

People dey drop 200m for una hand una no dey report, na 19 metres.

Maybe d man no settle well sha undecided
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:07am On Feb 25, 2020
carpdiemz:

With this I’m gonna close my account with them , do you know how many fraud some standard banks are committing? That’s why the bank is just like a micro finance bank iranu. One of my friend got a deposit of 819 million niara from one of dis banks last year d guy was just so dump to have spent some of it in club and thought the money would still be there next day, no name of depositor , he still blame himself till now
can you imagine...I've already opened another account...all i leave in the useless bank is like 5k upward which i could withdraw anytime but my main cash is being transferred to the other account
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Thegents6: 9:09am On Feb 25, 2020
Snitches get stitches.. cool
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by horllarmighty(m): 9:12am On Feb 25, 2020
Jestin:
The way Efcc is tackling cyber crime related issue , if they should face our politicians like that ,Nigeria will become more developed that Dubai in no distance time.

Don't mind the so called EFCC they will not do what they really need to tackle, they will leave elephant and start pursuing rat
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by tayot1(m): 9:13am On Feb 25, 2020
ronyman:
Sit back and watch as their stock will fall...FCMB....rats

No stock will fall. What FCMB did is the standard practice, in fact someone might be smiling during appraisal. The major problem in Nigeria is ignorance. The law guiding returns has been their from time immemorial. If you are a fraudster you should be concerned the level of info NFIU has concerning your transactions. That no one has come to you doesn't mean they don't have your record.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 9:16am On Feb 25, 2020
Most useless bank,wit poor banking services
marshalcarter:
FCMB is a useless bank...where other banks are looking for customers to hit target...these ones are reporting their client...

FCMB is a useless bank
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Edoziesmart(m): 9:19am On Feb 25, 2020
Let me quickly move my little $150 I have with FCMB. And also my Naira accounts. I hate when my own banks I trust my money with snitch on me.

I will fears Sars, effc and still fear commercial bank in Nigeria. Nawa oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests 42 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Anambra, Enugu / Policemen Kill A Man On His Way To A Wedding In Imo (Disturbing Photo) / Thieves Caught And Beaten In Mushin, Lagos. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.