Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,028 members, 7,814,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:12 PM

FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit (57876 Views)

Hameed Ali: Customs Seize $54 Million In Pangolin Parts, Elephant Tusks / FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit / Father Reports Yahoo-Yahoo Son to EFCC After Buying N2M House. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:19am On Feb 25, 2020
engees001:
Most useless bank,wit poor banking services
God bless you bro

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by lastempero: 9:23am On Feb 25, 2020
marshalcarter:
FCMB is a useless bank...where other banks are looking for customers to hit target...these ones are reporting their client...

FCMB is a useless bank

They just use the guy meet target , na scape goat thing.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Edoziesmart(m): 9:24am On Feb 25, 2020
Who could recommend bank that is safer in terms of international transactions?

Fcmb your papa.
Thank God the $1k I'm expecting haven't arrived, else that's how they will trap my fund there telling me it is fraud related money.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:26am On Feb 25, 2020
lastempero:

They just use the guy meet target , na scape goat thing.
my question now be say...as dem don arrest the guy...wetin go happen to the money

Fcmb is the useless bank I've ever seen in my life ..no doubt
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by adedayourt(m): 9:26am On Feb 25, 2020
marshalcarter:
FCMB is a useless bank...where other banks are looking for customers to hit target...these ones are reporting their client...

FCMB is a useless bank

Banks are mandated to do so under the AML/CFT they are being regulated by.

They do so under the weekly STR/CTR report fillings.

And before they do so, a proper ECDD must have been conducted, should they not be satisfied with findings, its a mandate on them to report.

AML/CFT - Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism
STR/CTR - Suspicious Transaction Report/Currency Transaction Report
ECDD - Enhanced Customer Due Diligence

But truth be told, most financial institution fail to file the report just to keep customers and indirectly aiding fraudulent activity deliberately

FCMB is in order in this case

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:27am On Feb 25, 2020
Edoziesmart:
Who could recommend bank that is safer in terms of international transactions?

Fcmb your papa.
Thank God the $1k I'm expecting haven't arrived, else that's how they will trap my fund there telling me it is fraud related money.

go to access or first bank...access needs to hit target like mad...just imagine you enter the hall and shout""I wanna open an account"" the way dem go take rush you eeeh ...choose either access or first

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by pacespot(m): 9:27am On Feb 25, 2020
YoungPerson:
While I honestly want to commend this piece of news, I cannot help but smell double standards here. The bank only reported him because he was naive and didn't enter some important offices before and after the drop. The same banks that are hiding millions of dollars in stolen funds have never for one day graced the headlines for whistleblowing a corrupt politician. smh.
EFCC is also functioning on misplaced priorities. They should go after the real thieves.

Did you know that one of the IGRs of North Korea is cyber attacking and stealing money from foreign installations? Well, now you do. grin

I wonder o, are they going to return the money back to USA or will government take over the money? USA government will never do the same for any country. And this is indirectly a bad market for fcmb because someone with huge deposit will be avoiding the bank henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:29am On Feb 25, 2020
adedayourt:

Bank are mandated to do so under the AML/CFT they are being regulated by.

They do so under the weekly STR/CTR report fillings.

And before they do so, a proper ECDD must have been conducted, should they not be satisfied with findings, its a mandate on them to report.

AML/CFT - Anti-Money Laundering and Countering the Financing of Terrorism
STR/CTR - Suspicious Transaction Report/Currency Transaction Report
ECDD - Enhanced Customer Due Diligence

But truth be told, most financial institution fail to file the report just to keep customers and indirectly aiding fraudulent activity deliberately

FCMB is in order in this case

seems you're a banker

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by BluntBoy(m): 9:34am On Feb 25, 2020
Xclusiveme:
Aaah but the money isn't that much na, 19million plus. So if i receive an alert of 20 million from my brother outside Nigeria to build house for him, they will question what kind of business he does? It's like they are mad. With time Banking system will collapse. Digital currency is the future

Many of you are short-sighted.

If they don't do this things, even you and your brother may lose money to fraudsters one day. What if a fraudster scams your brother of 20 million, and rather than turning the other way and keeping quiet, the bank reports to EFCC, and investigations then uncovers suspicious transactions. And in the end, your brother's money is saved. Would that not be good for your brother?
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by adedayourt(m): 9:34am On Feb 25, 2020
marshalcarter:

seems you're a banker

Not exactly a bank but its part of my portfolio as an auditor within the financial sector
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by marshalcarter: 9:38am On Feb 25, 2020
adedayourt:

Not exactly a bank but its part of my portfolio as an auditor within the financial sector
alright... remain blessed

#peace

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by teepain: 9:39am On Feb 25, 2020
samsard:
This shows that corruption is the Nigerian way of life.

Oh, sure. Corruption is ingrained in the DNA of a lot of Nigerians, especially the youths.

That is why I just look on when Nigerians blame only the leaders.

Our leaders are a reflection of the majority.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by pacespot(m): 9:40am On Feb 25, 2020
colyx1:
This is how they call police to one of my senior boss who is a footballer in Europe. We enter bank just to withdraw some euros, as dem see some better euro bal for the dom acc , na dem alert police. After questioning dem find out say the guy na footballer for Europe, na so bank manager start to dey apologise. My guy vex dat day eh, e be wan empty him account to another bank. grin grin grin grin

He should have done that immediately by moving his account to other bank, I don't condone such a stupid begging, because if they had their way they could have sent him to jail.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Monpat(m): 9:53am On Feb 25, 2020
Blyzz:
He would have withdraw the money as received or purchase the property. Na wa!
it won't be easy without the bank questioning the source
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by kyng(m): 10:00am On Feb 25, 2020
Yeye bank na make Una no dey ever grow
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by lionness(f): 10:04am On Feb 25, 2020
I understand banks should do due diligence but FCMB is a big Fraud itself.
I was Awarded some dollars from the Master Card Foundation and my account Officer called me that I have a foreign transfer. I asked her to drop it but 1 month later, she told me that head office didn’t drop the money. They didn’t even have a reason. I later called them and they had no single excuse.
Every single Nigerian who won the award money had collected their money even first bank didn’t delay. After 26 people from Nigeria had collected their money I was the only left and the only FCMB customer whose money was with held. Everyone started laughing at me on whatapps that FCMB is a lowlife one chance bank. I had to go and yell at their bank for two weeks yet they didn’t release the money!
FCMB treats every international transfer suspiciously. I was so disgusted that I threatened to report them to the news paper and media and that was when they quickly funded my account. The following day, I closed the account. They were expecting me to be afraid so they can eat the money.
FCMB is a criminal bank and anyone doing international business and using that TRASH bank with it’s Kwashiorkor workers is in trouble.
I will never ever recommend that rubbish pathetic bank to anybody. If you are a broke and poor person they are the perfect bank for you!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Patojargz: 10:05am On Feb 25, 2020
FCMB is worst... No doubt!!!
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by CCC2(m): 10:08am On Feb 25, 2020
People with radio frequency account balance will be shouting Good!! Good!!! Rich men don't do legit. Sorry for this bank. Mass exodus of major customers will come next

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by pacespot(m): 10:09am On Feb 25, 2020
ralphelo:

You are the useless hopeless human being here....
I pray someone will dupe you and your children born and yet unborn of the entire life savings.....
Thereafter, come here and be abusing buhari that Nigeria cannot develop.
Kudos to Fcmb.
If all our banks are doing this,there will be heavy reductions in Kidnappings, terrorism and other crimes.....The foreign investors can come over here,with more confidence in our systems.

What happens to the looted money by politicians, how many of them got reported by banks? There was a report recently that over 90 percent of bank deposits are owned by 5 percent of their customers. Banks are even helping politicians to carry out their illicit transactions. Back in the days in school, I remember seeing about N43b in my student account with the defunct intercontinental bank plc, it was the time students were just resuming study so I checked my account balance before using it to pay school fees and found the heart-stopping figures. There were similar cases with some few other students' accounts too, so politicians chose the perfect time to launder money with those accounts which was the time schools were on break. So tell me how do politicians escape with lump sum of money out of this country if not through the bank?
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Leo588(m): 10:11am On Feb 25, 2020
To the FG! Not to the motherless baby home?

This got me thinking on Abacha loot
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by lionness(f): 10:12am On Feb 25, 2020
CCC2:
People with radio frequency account balance will be shouting Good!! Good!!! Rich men don't do legit. Sorry for this bank. Mass exodus of major customers will come next

Oga even if you are 100% legit and you are collecting international transfers, FCMB will treat you like you a criminal. They are a terrible and totally useless bank.
They should be called EFCC Bank so they can be busting criminals but at least you shouldn’t be happy about withholding everyone’s money. Now they are even reporting Yahoo boys and it is simply because the Yahoo boy didn’t settle or some hater and hungry worker snitched on him.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by bsonenterprise: 10:17am On Feb 25, 2020
BluntBoy:

Many of you are short-sighted.

If they don't do this things, even you and your brother may lose money to fraudsters one day. What if a fraudster scams your brother of 20 million, and rather than turning the other way and keeping quiet, the bank reports to EFCC, and investigations then uncovers suspicious transactions. And in the end, your brother's money is saved. Would that not be good for your brother?

Who is this slowpoke. FCMB is a useless bank. I quickly left them when a staff bluntly told me that he will blow whistle oh! I mean, I received 2.8m in an individual account because I don’t have access to the corporate account the owner of the company who was in Canada then transfered money from a Canadian bank to me. I was made to wait for over 3 hours while the idiot was expecting me to negotiate with him.
FCMB is a den of Agbero and hopeless bankers.
I am glad I quickly ported to GTB. Since then I have been receiving the monthly salary in my individual bank account without any stress and query.

2 Likes

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Hedonisst: 10:20am On Feb 25, 2020
Pato5:
Comments here show the rate of ignorance here.
It is a statutory requirement for every bank to send reports of certain transactions to NFIU everyday.
These transactions are: individual transactions above N5M or $10k and corporation transactions above N10M or foreign currency equivalent.
Its left for NFIU to observe patterns in these reports and flag suspicious transactions.
Every bank in Nigeria is mandated by law to submit these reports daily.

You're the ignorant one here.

The issue isn't about the statutory reporting requirement. The stupid FCMB should have simply reported and left it at that. Banks file thousands of such routine reports daily. Not until a petition from some quarters is filed against you before the NFIU will single you out.. There are thousands of transactions daily that far surpass even this one. The EFCC simply can't act on each one.

The key issue here is that the very useless FCMB went over and beyond their mandate in obnoxious busybody manner to initiate correspondence with the FBI, and petition the FBI to investigate the individual who sent the money from the US! Who does that? Who send them? Is that also part of the so called statutory requirement?

Mehn this bank is fucking useless and any hustler/entrepreneur with an account in that bleeped up bank should close it immediately. They would not report the activities of their spoilt brat MD who lavishes millions on women and debauchery daily. They wouldn't report the activities of their founder Subomi Balogun who abused and continues to abuse corporate governance protocols to maintain his ridiculous delusion of grandeur. Bastards.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by lastempero: 10:30am On Feb 25, 2020
marshalcarter:

my question now be say...as dem don arrest the guy...wetin go happen to the money

Fcmb is the useless bank I've ever seen in my life ..no doubt

But seriously i guess they really have some benefits from this act because is not the first time they are blowing their useless whistle.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by ThisisIkemefuna(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2020
This bank is waste. No one should put a penny in this kind of useless banks. GTB tries this and I am done with them.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by musicwriter(m): 10:42am On Feb 25, 2020
Ironically, there're more stolen money in US banks than in any other country in the world. The BBC radio recently ran a programme on that.

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2020
Monpat:
it won't be easy without the bank questioning the source
I see. He made a mistake for not informing the bank ahead of his transaction.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by pacespot(m): 10:57am On Feb 25, 2020
lionness:
I understand banks should do due diligence but FCMB is a big Fraud itself.
I was Awarded some dollars from the Master Card Foundation and my account Officer called me that I have a foreign transfer. I asked her to drop it but 1 month later, she told me that head office didn’t drop the money. They didn’t even have a reason. I later called them and they had no single excuse.
Every single Nigerian who won the award money had collected their money even first bank didn’t delay. After 26 people from Nigeria had collected their money I was the only left and the only FCMB customer whose money was with held. Everyone started laughing at me on whatapps that FCMB is a lowlife one chance bank. I had to go and yell at their bank for two weeks yet they didn’t release the money!
FCMB treats every international transfer suspiciously. I was so disgusted that I threatened to report them to the news paper and media and that was when they quickly funded my account. The following day, I closed the account. They were expecting me to be afraid so they can eat the money.
FCMB is a criminal bank and anyone doing international business and using that TRASH bank with it’s Kwashiorkor workers is in trouble.
I will never ever recommend that rubbish pathetic bank to anybody. If you are a broke and poor person they are the perfect bank for you!

This is seriously serious, every international transaction is treated as a fraud? No wonder the country is in financial quagmire. International transactions that should be a stable source of foreign exchange for the economy which is better than any domestic transaction. Why do they think USA elected president like Trump who promised to bring more money to the economy of USA?

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 25, 2020
Obiaksnews:
If you are conversant with Nigerian banking laws, you would know that the bank was only following standard procedure. Any individual that makes a deposit of more than N5m is supposed to state how he or she got the money, same applies for any corporate organisation that makes a deposit of N10m and above. The said customer was reported to the EFCC because he couldn't give satisfactory answers, if the money was to be found in the coffers of FCMB without them informing the body in charge of regulating private banks in Nigeria, they would be sanctioned.
I guess he and the branch manager of the supposed bank where the transaction happened did reach a reasonable agreement.
Let's be frank with each other, bigger transactions are happening and EFCC only hear of few

1 Like

Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by Beetobee(f): 11:01am On Feb 25, 2020
marshalcarter:

FCMB is a useless bank
FYI, EFCC has an app installed in every bank which shows all transactions that take place, so if the bank doesn't report, it could be in trouble.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by BluntBoy(m): 11:12am On Feb 25, 2020
bsonenterprise:

Who is this slowpoke. FCMB is a useless bank. I quickly left them when a staff bluntly told me that he will blow whistle oh! I mean, I received 2.8m in an individual account because I don’t have access to the corporate account the owner of the company who was in Canada then transfered money from a Canadian bank to me. I was made to wait for over 3 hours while the idiot was expecting me to negotiate with him.
FCMB is a den of Agbero and hopeless bankers.
I am glad I quickly ported to GTB. Since then I have been receiving the monthly salary in my individual bank account without any stress and query.

This is not a matter of whether the bank is useless or not.

The issue here is that did they do any wrong for petitioning a suspicious transaction? Remember that this issue is totally different from yours. This issue has fraud clearly written all over it. The partnership between local and foreign authorities showed that the money received in the FCMB account had come from an individual who had been flagged. You are refusing to see this because of your vindictiveness.

I don't like FCMB myself, and I use GTBank because banking with them has been very easy for me compared to when I had banked with some other Banks. But it doesn't mean I must criticize all FCMB's activities, even if it was activated with good intentions.
Re: FCMB Reports Man To EFCC After $54,000 Deposit by babyfaceafrica: 11:29am On Feb 25, 2020
Beetobee:

FYI, EFCC has an app installed in every bank which shows all transactions that take place, so if the bank doesn't report, it could be in trouble.
all this things have loopholes abeg... All this politicians that wire looted funds, why efcc and the bank no talk?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Arrests Female Suspect On FBI List In Edo / 4 Nigerian Yahoo Boys Arrested While Fleeing With A Rope In Thailand / EFCC Arrests 42 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Anambra, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.