Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Stereotype About Only Sons - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stereotype About Only Sons (74242 Views)

Yoruba Couple & 4 Sons Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary In Matching Outfits / Man Teaches His Little Sons How To Smoke Sisha, Gets Blasted, He Fires Back / Meet Laye Ajube And Her 8 Sons And 2 Daughters (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Donaldoni: 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
l
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by don4real18(m): 2:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
Move
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
girls are troublesome. naturally you get peace of mind if you marry a man with only brothers.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Okwyjesus(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
In all your story last last first sons always have a soft spot than others in the heart of their mum. Not me bcs l can flog.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by nwimo22(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Alright
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Dumdumfashion(f): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
She is right to have those concers because it is basically what is obtainable. If you really like this girl go the extra mile to let her see your case is different if not free the babe Abey.

7 Likes

KingsleyA2:
How the hell did this shit make front page...? what is happening to nairaland? grin grin cheesy
It suprised me
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by candidbabe(f): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
Yes it is true. The only sons are over pampered.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Britishcoins(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
To be a first son is not an easy task, in fact you will climb the highest mountain and do more dangerous tasks to ensure ur family is on track...

I know what I have passed through to ensure that my siblings are all fine....
But God is always our strength even in the desert God always provides lakes for me the first son

4 Likes 2 Shares

And you had to create a thread about it. She may be right about you !

Bloody simp! Weakling.

Every small thing una go open thread,weak men everywhere

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Jackyboy: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
smiley
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by ednut1(m): 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
mine is you are a first born. i japa

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by AMvanquish: 2:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
I'm the Only Son and it's a lot of responsibility. You are like the de-facto father... To your siblings and relations, your the Man of the house. And even tho I admit I have been shown love, I can't say I was pampered. My folks are strict disciplinarians It's not easy. Period.

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Brightgem(f): 2:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Would be difficult to convince her otherwise with just words since she's had experiences.

So it's necessary to convince her with actions.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by TradeCorner: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
You can earn legitimate income working from home as a student

Hi Student

I've noticed many students create posts asking what to do to make decent income and are confused on what to do.

I am making myself available to mentor as much as 20 students who are willing to train to become proficient content writers.

It only requires your interest and willingness. So you can be a student and still work alongside studies writing articles and making part time income

First time writers can earn between 15,000 and 40,000 Naira monthly so it's an excellent way to make additional income for yourself.

Note, after your mentorship, you'll be provided with steady writing opportunities where you'll write articles and get paid weekly.

If you're interested, send an email to TradeCorner7@Gmail.com
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
AxelandRed:
While I was out on my first date with my girlfriend, she asked me how many sibling I have, to which I replied. She then proceeded to ask the number of males and females. Then I told her I only have sisters. That moment, her face dropped because we were already Into each other, I could tell she was disappointed.

She tried to hide this, but I noticed. This was Probably because that wasn't the first time I would be getting that reaction from people especially women the moment I tell them I'm the only son of my parents.

She's right in her assessments. In fact, very accurate, I might add.

Well, the ball is in your court to prove to her that you are different from all the others.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Sehindemi(f): 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by MarianaTrench: 2:04pm On Feb 25, 2020
Christmasdon:
first son and last child

Last children are the most useless!

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Richardonald(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
let me finish this bottle first b4 I pounce on your case...

4 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by obainojazz(m): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
AxelandRed:
While I was out on my first date with my girlfriend, she asked me how many sibling I have, to which I replied. She then proceeded to ask the number of males and females. Then I told her I only have sisters. That moment, her face dropped because we were already Into each other, I could tell she was disappointed.

She tried to hide this, but I noticed. This was Probably because that wasn't the first time I would be getting that reaction from people especially women the moment I tell them I'm the only son of my parents.

I queried her on her sudden change of mood and she told me that she has had unfavorable relationship experiences (twice) in the past with only Sons and has vowed never to try it again. She reasoned that only Sons are too clingy to their families, overpampered, emotionally needy and dependent on their families and hardly have a mind of their own. She also accused the families of always trying to pilot the affairs of the guys even to the extent of making life changing decisions for them.

When i was young, I also had friends who thought I was pampered, showered with extraordinary love and care and that my parents can't turn down any request from me. But the truth is that I never got any special treatment from my parents. The same curtain wire, broom, hanger my mom used to whip my sisters, she also used on me.

My point is that it's unfair to lump people together and label them. If an only son happens to be clingy, it has nothing to do with his status. He would have still been that way if he had 10 brothers.
She has had same experience with two other people... Maybe she's the problem, she might be looking for man she will control

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Brightgem(f): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
ednut1:
mines is you are a first born. i japa
Why? First borns have a strong sense of responsibility you know

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by ebullient19(f): 2:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
since you are not a spoilt pet child, you're lucky. most of them are always clinch to parents and rarely take a stand on a matter
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by BRASH: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Stop patronising prayer houses. They will always fill ur mind with all these superticious beliefs
VICTORCIZA:
The number one issue is that only son normally die earlier (don't get me wrong because it not your portion in ijn) reason is that the eyes of the enemies is always on them.
but when there plenty boys the enemies will be confused who to channel their arsenal first and most time it will be on the first son.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by jaxxy(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
I think gals feel they will have to compete with ur sisters for ur attention and key decisions and mosttimes it’s that way for only boys. Lol
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by TheTourist: 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Be like na new format wey I go dey use be this o
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
AMvanquish:
I'm the Only Son and it's a lot of responsibility. You are like the de-facto father... To your siblings and relations, your the Man of the house. It's not easy. Period.

That is if he is the first born in the family.

If he is the last born and also the only son?

damn!

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
Bro...It is no stereotype in what she said but the absolute truth.

The level of favoritism that goes into being the only son is astonishing!

You are likened you the “Golden egg” who will carry the family’s legacy. Don’t allow the 21st century’s manipulation that all child are equal deceive you. undecided

As i wrote in my post, I have never felt 'favored' by my parents neither do they meddle in my affairs.
I admit that in some situations, all children are not seen to be equal but this isn't always the case.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Brightgem(f): 2:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ekakamba:

Girl's worry cause you'll remember your siblings first in wealth distribution before her (she go be remnant chopper especially as wuna never married).

She knows vividly that if you'd only male siblings, all your money na for you and her direct; but now? So many cake eaters on a small cake.

grin tongue
For people like you the world revolves around money and wealth for others it revolves around sanity and peace of mind, ladies inclusive. Men need to learn this and stop insulting all women with materialism.

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Truthbites: 2:09pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is not true

Your girl friend knows nothing about what she is saying

I beg na true. Only sons are spoilt brats
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Rhaspody(m): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
As a last born boy, I can concur.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Brightgem(f): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
don4real18:
Move
kikikiki! To where? China?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman / How Much Is The Cost Of A DNA Paternity Test In Nigerian Hospitals?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.