Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

Stereotype About Only Sons - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stereotype About Only Sons (74293 Views)

Yoruba Couple & 4 Sons Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary In Matching Outfits / Man Teaches His Little Sons How To Smoke Sisha, Gets Blasted, He Fires Back / Meet Laye Ajube And Her 8 Sons And 2 Daughters (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by styless(f): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lol...first sons and only sons
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Amorprincesa24: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
Well, try convince her otherwise
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by TradeCorner: 2:11pm On Feb 25, 2020
You can earn legitimate income working from home as a student

Hi Student

I've noticed many students create posts asking what to do to make decent income and are confused on what to do.

I am making myself available to mentor as much as 20 students who are willing to train to become proficient content writers.

It only requires your interest and willingness. So you can be a student and still work alongside studies writing articles and making part time income

First time writers can earn between 15,000 and 40,000 Naira monthly so it's an excellent way to make additional income for yourself.

Note, after your mentorship, you'll be provided with steady writing opportunities where you'll write articles and get paid weekly..

If you're interested, send an email to TradeCorner7@Gmail.com
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Christmasdon(m): 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
MarianaTrench:

Last children are the most useless!
. I DISAGREE WITH YOU O. YOU'VE NOT HEARD OF FIRST SONS BECOMING USELESS. AM NEITHER THE FIRST SON NOR LAST SON.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Caseless: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
She already knows she has those who won't allow her to override you, hence the fear.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is not true

Your girl friend knows nothing about what she is saying

Am also the only son
I got five female siblings
exactly bro
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by megareal: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
She is right to an extent. Being an only son means you family will be overprotective and over interfering. They hardly let a wife have peace. Not that it is deliberate, but in their bid to protect the only thing they have, they tend to scatter a perfect thing that would probably have made their brother's life happier. And most times , poor souls, the sons themselves do not see the harm the family is causing them.

6 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Mac12(f): 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
Sorry bro.
I had a suitor; the only son, I did not even think it twice. I told him NO. His mum was already pressuring him to bring a wife home and I was not ready for these womb watchers. Na so I cut out

4 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by ecclize: 2:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
The number one issue is that only son normally die earlier (don't get me wrong because it not your portion in ijn) reason is that the eyes of the enemies is always on them.
but when there plenty boys the enemies will be confused who to channel their arsenal first and most time it will be on the first son.

i fear who no fear...

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by mascot87(m): 2:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
dammmmnn niggar to nack bottle on top your head Dey hungry me undecided

Same here bro. I feel like bursting the guy brain with bottle undecided undecided
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by ihimiray(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
The number one issue is that only son normally die earlier (don't get me wrong because it not your portion in ijn) reason is that the eyes of the enemies is always on them.
but when there plenty boys the enemies will be confused who to channel their arsenal first and most time it will be on the first son.
guy u no lie
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by JustinOwen(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Maybe her past experience was awful. You just have to prove her wrong if you think her assertion is not right.

Meanwhile, if you'd like to learn internet marketing or looking for a side hustle, there's a link in my signature that could be of help to you. The same has helped me to solve my financial troubles.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2020

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Savagedan(m): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bro Bro Bro, your Bae’s perspective towards such is not true, prolly she has a diety her Family worships that forbids having anything to do with the only Son in the Family. I’m the only Son outta 4 kids. Every girl I dated never complained about being the only Son, even my present relationship goes well knowing I’m the only Dude. Orisa kini ama ti pe yi si bayi?

3 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nelsonnwagbo(m): 2:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
maybe the gal hv suffered in the hands of first born . . . .meanwhile this is my first time on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by ednut1(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Brightgem:
Why? First borns have a strong sense of responsibility you know
most of the times they have too many siblings to cater for and they must involve them in every family issue when married to you. would rather avoid all that biko
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by haaryobhami: 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
Bro...It is no stereotype but the absolute truth.

The level of favoritism that goes into being the only son is astonishing!

You are likened to the “Golden egg” who will carry the family’s legacy (hence being a spoilt child). Don’t allow the 21st century’s manipulation that all child are equal deceive you. You will always get favored by your parents than your siblings. undecided

This one you are complaining about being the only son, what do you want those of us who are the First born son to do?

Do you know the level of misconception directed towards our path? Abeg abeg no vex me this afternoon undecided
me that am first born nd only son nko?
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by shogsman(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is not true

Am also the only son
You just have to rope yourself into every situation you lying cunt

6 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
AxelandRed:
While I was out on my first date with my girlfriend, she asked me how many sibling I have, to which I replied. She then proceeded to ask the number of males and females. Then I told her I only have sisters. That moment, her face dropped because we were already Into each other, I could tell she was disappointed.

She tried to hide this, but I noticed. This was Probably because that wasn't the first time I would be getting that reaction from people especially women the moment I tell them I'm the only son of my parents.

I queried her on her sudden change of mood and she told me that she has had unfavorable relationship experiences (twice) in the past with only Sons and has vowed never to try it again. She reasoned that only Sons are too clingy to their families, overpampered, emotionally needy and dependent on their families and hardly have a mind of their own. She also accused the families of always trying to pilot the affairs of the guys even to the extent of making life changing decisions for them.

When i was young, I also had friends who thought I was pampered, showered with extraordinary love and care and that my parents can't turn down any request from me. But the truth is that I never got any special treatment from my parents. The same curtain wire, broom, hanger my mom used to whip my sisters, she also used on me.

My point is that it's unfair to lump people together and label them. If an only son happens to be clingy, it has nothing to do with his status. He would have still been that way if he had 10 brothers.
So I was once with an only son (his mum) and she's the reason we're no longer together.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Isoduwa(m): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is not true

Am also the only son

Then you are a she!male
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by CCC2(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
The truth is this, we assume second husband to our mom. They may give us same disciplinary with siblings but nothing must happen to us. especially from the eastern part of Nigeria.
You are the future of the linage and your decision will affect the entire family. As such, your choice is subject to scrutiny but you need wisdom to know where to draw the line, otherwise u will be ruined.

As for the girl, let her work on herself. All the family want is a wife with a unifying instinct. I think she has a motive of crisis.

5 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Paseus(m): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
Bro...It is no stereotype but the absolute truth.

The level of favoritism that goes into being the only son is astonishing!

You are likened to the “Golden egg” who will carry the family’s legacy (hence being a spoilt child). Don’t allow the 21st century’s manipulation that all child are equal deceive you. You will always get favored by your parents than your siblings. undecided

This one you are complaining about being the only son, what do you want those of us who are the First born son to do?

Do you know the level of misconception directed towards our path? Abeg abeg no vex me this afternoon undecided
God bless you. First born never complain na you
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
She sure is experienced with life lessons. She said the exact truth.Ladies avoid only sons for your own peace of mind, talking from my personal experience.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by vizkiz: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
haaryobhami:

me that am first born nd only son nko?

Your matter is in the hands of God grin

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by AreaFada2: 2:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
My dad was an only son. He passed away in his 90s. Not bad in a country where life expectancy is just over 50 years old.

True that eyes will be on them. You have to be super diplomatic and tactful.

Yes, mostly eyes on you if your dad is VERY wealthy and or polygamous.

The main challenge is that you will have too many responsibilities on your shoulders. Especially if other family members are not too well off.

Help others to be independent. The your problem is a bit less.

If anything an only son learns responsibilities early. Though it depends on individual families.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ekakamba: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Brightgem:
For people like you the world revolves around money and wealth for others it revolves around sanity and peace of mind, ladies inclusive. Men need to learn this and stop insulting all women with materialism.

Don't generalize. undecided
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by sarutobi: 2:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
GBOKASINCHA:
dammmmnn niggar to nack bottle on top your head Dey hungry me undecided

I was about to say this.

Anytime i see his/her post, i just hiss.

Very annoying.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Amadioha02: 2:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

That is not true

Am also the only son
this explains why you act so immature and pampered.

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Josskute(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Only sons could be unusually tied to family most times though.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by haaryobhami: 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:

Your matter is in the hands of God grin
I wish I had a big bro or at least big sister
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by RiskyJoint95(m): 2:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mad oo

Well...she may be right based on her previous experience. She now has a preconceived notion that you'll be like those ones too.

If she's wise,,she'll watch your character for a while and ask some subtle questions before categorizing you ..Failure on her path to so this, shows she's just a frustrated fellow hoping for the right man and beginning to find you unworthy

My brother.. Just tell her straight up that you're not like that and if she isn't satisfied with you,,she can go find another guy with 5 brothers and 5 sisters that won't be clingy.

I rest my case.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.