Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,111 members, 7,818,317 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Stereotype About Only Sons - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Stereotype About Only Sons (74275 Views)

Yoruba Couple & 4 Sons Celebrate 10th Wedding Anniversary In Matching Outfits / Man Teaches His Little Sons How To Smoke Sisha, Gets Blasted, He Fires Back / Meet Laye Ajube And Her 8 Sons And 2 Daughters (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 3:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
eni4real:
There is no perfect relationships tho!
Unless if there were other 'red flags' or maybe he was not good enough for you shocked
see I get pepper body o. I respect myself and people but hate when people want to boss over me or poke nose into my business. Infact I don't know my neighbors in the next compound this is a place I have spent more than 5 years, that is how much i mind my business but all this my People said this ,let me ask my people what their opinion is on this ,my people said we should do it this way not they way you suggested so they can benefit too, bla bla bla , e nor go work for my side o. I mind my business so I expect people to mind theirs too and I am not afraid to tell them to their face to mind their business. Had to find my way before it got to that stage.

Sometimes he will even do it with his people before informing me after they have concluded. Me too get people o.

3 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by scoundrel(f): 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
It is not a stereotype, it is true.

I have not cared to discover the male side of things but single females in families of boys are extremely aggressive towards suitors. Some are prone to outburts of physical violence because they are used to shouting down, having their way and competing with siblings. It doesn't matter the position they are born into, it is always the same story.

Thank God she has experienced dating others before. That way she already knows what to watch out for. I will never advice my brother to go for an only female because any niceness she displays now will take a 180 in the near future.

Now, somebody should tell me the experience associated with only childs of the family.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Jidenna20: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

She's right in her assessments. In fact, very accurate, I might add.

Well, the ball is in your court to prove to her that you are different from all the others.
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Liposure: 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
But it's the truth na. Many ladies will tell you same.
am scared
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nobody: 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
see I get pepper body o. I respect myself and people but hate when people want to boss over me or poke nose into my business. Infact I don't know my neighbors in the next compound this is a place I have spent more than 5 years, that is how much i mind my business but all this my People said this ,let me ask my people what their opinion is on this ,my people said we should do it this way not they way you suggested so they can benefit too, bla bla bla , e nor go work for my side o. I mind my business so I expect people to mind theirs too and I am not afraid to tell them to their face to mind their business. Had to find my way before it got to that stage.

Sometimes he will even do it with his people before informing me after they have concluded. Me too get people o.
Lolzz grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
Liposure:
am scared
of what?
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Jidenna20: 3:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

That is if he is the first born in the family.

If he is the last born and also the only son?

damn!
[/s]
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Nerro042: 3:41pm On Feb 25, 2020
Are you kidding me I'm currently saving up for an apartment.. I'm an only son but I can't wait to get the fvck outta the house and leave my folks. No be only clingy.. tweh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Bbbwings: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
The number one issue is that only son normally die earlier (don't get me wrong because it not your portion in ijn) reason is that the eyes of the enemies is always on them.
but when there plenty boys the enemies will be confused who to channel their arsenal first and most time it will be on the first son.
Nigarrr
You're damn crazy

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Kolisky(m): 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
vizkiz:
Bro...It is no stereotype but the absolute truth.

The level of favoritism that goes into being the only son is astonishing!

You are likened to the “Golden egg” who will carry the family’s legacy (hence being a spoilt child). Don’t allow the 21st century’s manipulation that all child are equal deceive you. You will always get favored by your parents than your siblings. undecided

This one you are complaining about being the only son, what do you want those of us who are the First born son to do?

Do you know the level of misconception directed towards our path? Abeg abeg no vex me this afternoon undecided

grin grin Abi ohhhh

Respect to all first born sons

iRep

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Bbbwings: 3:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
SmartyPants:

Historical data and a number of scientific studies do not support this assertion.
We need citations bro.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Liposure: 3:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
of what?
i dont know. D whole thing is just confusing and depressing. I dont understand anymore
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Liposure:
i dont know. D whole thing is just confusing and depressing. I dont understand anymore
Are you an only son? Cos the way you are taking it.

Many women are married to trust sons some are married to only sons but we just have to be truthful with ourselves.It might not be true in all cases but many a time it's always the case . Families hover over only sons and tend to become over protective that women who intend marrying such men need to pass through scrutiny of all members of the family and must meet their approval for a woman worthy to be the wife of their beloved heir.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Enemyofpeace: 3:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
Foodqueen:
Hmmmm!!!!!
see as you dey moan on top of another woman's prick
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Barondval: 3:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
My dear OP, ur gf is absolutely right! COs i got married to an only son n i hv no say in whatever he is doing except his family!!!unless ur case is different!!!
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by suaveBrother(m): 3:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
... hehehe ... na fights go end am daily with your sisters grin ...
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Enemyofpeace: 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:

Many women are married to trust sons some are married to only sons but we just have to be truthful with ourselves.It might not be true in all cases but many a time it's always the case . [s]Families hover over only sons and tend to become over protective that women who intend marrying such men need to pass through scrutiny of all members of the family and must meet their approval for a woman worthy to be the wife of their beloved heir[/s].
super trash only for the myopic

2 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Enemyofpeace: 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
The number one issue is that only son normally die earlier (don't get me wrong because it not your portion in ijn) reason is that the eyes of the enemies is always on them.
but when there plenty boys the enemies will be confused who to channel their arsenal first and most time it will be on the first son.
rubbish. No wonder Nigeria is so backward in everything

4 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by IghravweIG(m): 4:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
VICTORCIZA:
You speak with wisdom... May God deliver us from known and unknown enemies in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
lol ,this thing pain you o . grin grin. Tell that to Nigerian families that hover over their only male sons undecided

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Enemyofpeace: 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:
lol ,this thing pain you o . grin grin. Tell that to Nigerian families that hover over their only male sons undecided

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 4:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
Enemyofpeace:
tongue tongue
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by eezer(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
NA LIE d girl is looking for an excuse to dumb you. if u are rich will she say dat

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by IghravweIG(m): 4:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
haaryobhami:

me that am first born nd only son nko?
Kai ur own strong grin
Me am the first born but have brothers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by emmaitive(m): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
guy,you are not alone on these.me sef am only son and the lastborn at that.buh it is well sha.
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Peeress(f): 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
pocohantas:

Especially the Igbo ones,
Especially the ones from Anambra. Izzôu no vex o. grin grin

They are ready to kick you out of the house because of their family. Naija men have serious issues balancing their nuclear and extended family. The kinda questions and comments that comes out of their mouths, gives you a clear picture of their mindsets.

I have an only brother and he was showing these traits. His gfs didn’t like me and I always wondered why. Till the mumu opened his mouth to tell me he told his gf I will always come before any woman, because we grew and suffered together. I told him to face his babe o, make e no come dey disturb my own guy.

From the way you behave anyone who is sensible would know that you lack a strong father figure in your life. It does not matter whether your father is alive or not. You have a very poor family upbringing. Stop seeing the whole Igbo people through the point of view of your disorganized family. Your gimmick of using every little opportunity to bring others down to elevate yourself or attract attention to yourself is a very bad behavior.

12 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Okemmuo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lol....special treatment my foot...i laugh in spanish

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by spiritedtete: 4:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
First and only son here.... grewup with an unending love from everyone around me including my neighbors...

However, Adulthood was a different ball game... "OYO"

Sometimes i can't remember the last time i spoke to my parents or even sisters

My responsiblity is towards my immediate family... and i owe no one any love or neither do anyone owe me one.

All man for himself.

I have not seen anyone who stereotype me with "the only son thing" perhaps i hardly tell or show it.

3 Likes

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by scokoro: 4:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
OP, you must be an Ibo guy.... If not, then it is not a problem. BTW, it was just a first date why the mood swing? I guess your future is quite bright my brother for her to be thinking what I think she is thinking. She is right somewhat. I am the only son also, I know what my wife saw when we started. Everything will certainly become normal as you grow older. All the same good luck!

1 Like

Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Liposure: 4:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Ladycewhy:

Many women are married to trust sons some are married to only sons but we just have to be truthful with ourselves.It might not be true in all cases but many a time it's always the case . Families hover over only sons and tend to become over protective that women who intend marrying such men need to pass through scrutiny of all members of the family and must meet their approval for a woman worthy to be the wife of their beloved heir.
hmmmmm
Re: Stereotype About Only Sons by Ladycewhy(f): 4:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
Liposure:
hmmmmm
it's not like I am against only sons but you have be the type to overlook alot of interference.from third parties and even not mind being sidelined in critical decisions . It's just what it is bro.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Things Nigerian Women Do To Find Husbands(Men Beware) / Pastor Gave Fake Prophecy That Destroyed My Marriage Of 10 Years / My Dad Died Because He Slept With A Married Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.