Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts (7728 Views)

This Girl Is Driving Me Crazy / The Woman I Have Done Introductions For Is Driving Me Crazy / Help My Friend Mom Is Driving Me Crazy: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by koife(m): 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello fam, I'm not used to writing about my personal life. I try as much as I can to keep it off social media. On this very instance I'm tired and I desperately need honest advise, I'm also ready for insult.
I met my wife and we got married less than two years after our meeting.
I must say my wife is a quiet and slow person by nature and very churchy. I won't forget to add that since I met her I've had many blessings come my way. We are blessed with a 6 month old daughter.

My main issue with my wife is that she sees home upkeep as my total responsibility, yes, I do it but she hardly contribute anything and any time I'm coonstrained fin. She would say all manner of things. My wife isn't that a smart person, she would wait for you to give her direction in the simplest of things and shys away from taking charge and ownership.

I got a 6 digit job few days after introducing as her my fiancee to my parent and I'm often at sea for three more than 6 months. I've observed my wife isn't prudent with money no matter how much passes through her hands. At some point I'll get her attention how much she has spent without knowing and then she would go " wow, I didn't know it was that much" after doing some addition.
She works with insurance firm and her pay is within 60k (Max)/monthly...with that, she still get home support from me and my sister who is in USA. Recently I gave her her usual home support money and my sis did too....her allowance and commission came too. My wife had over 95k total in less than two weeks.

I was surprised barely a week and, I asked my wife support fix the car I left with her at home with just 5k since and i was yet to be paid salary. Note, I bought this car to ease her movement at her instance oo, she suggested the car is idle and we should get someone do bolt( taxify) just to get us additional cash.I got the driver do agreement with my lawyer via my coy and travelled shortly, the car alternator shut down and wouldn't charge, it was at that instance I asked her help out and she said she had no money on her and that she was barely surviving. I was shocked and Drew her attention to how much had gone through her hands in less than two weeks. Don't get me wrong, it might not be much to some peoples financial cash flow but we are Young family and less than two years in marriage. My wife believes once money comes, it's time to solve all her outstanding problem and ive told her she needs to prioritize.

Recently when I got to nja I left 600k in her account and told her we shouldn't touch it in case of family emergency but I noticed each time we have little need at home she would pressure me go get the cash. Some how we kept touching the money till it got to 300k and I travelled again.
I've tried my best to groom her and get her financial planning life better but she would not accept she has issue. I'm considering getting her family and mine involved but I dear it would out her in bad light before my family ( trying to protect her), I I decided to bring it here since it's faceless forum for candid advise

Need I also add that I can say one thing give times to my wife and she still gets it mixed up. I've asked her to read book and expand her intellectual capacity. It was just two weeks ago I forced her go defend her post graduate project after many years of abandonement....we quarreled. I later helped her arrange the work and pacify her supervisor allows her defend without paying school fees before I left.
Pls is my wife just dull or does it have to d with her character with life and money? Pls advise me coz I'm getting sick, really sick already. I'm typing this onboard on my way to Japan. I can't even concentrate

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by TradeCorner: 1:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
This is juicy

Its the same with all women. Thry like being spent on. Don't take it too serious its their way of telling a man they love them, by making men soend unceasingly. Listen, two weeks is too far. Don't tell her you're irritated. Try it again infact just two days from giving her 500,000Naira, she'll still say no money. grin Focus on the benefits, don't get irritated

God bless your union

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Mood11: 1:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
You will date someone for one/two sometimes ten years, you will see various Traits and orishirishi, you will neither address it nor leave the person alone. You will now go ahead to marry and when they upgrade their level of fukeryy you will come and open thread complaining that you are going nuts angry undecided

Sorry but she has chosen the kind of life she wants. Right now as you are on your way to work out another pay check, she might be planning on an outing with the small boy drilling her coochie.

Lastly, sorry is all I've got for you.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by pacino26(m): 2:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
You've a spend drift for a wife with little or no financial discipline. Usually your MIL or some close friends are behind this her attitude. It's a pity your kind of job permits you little or no time to groom your bride but she may learn the hard way someday.

Start by planning and providing for basics in the house whenever you're around. With an infant at hand get a family hospital where you provide certain amount of money in cover if you don't have health insurance. Your savings should be done by you in the interim till such a time when she has learned a few new things.

Don't forget to share details of your savings with her bro but manage the account yourself for now.

10 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hmmm... From your post, you're a very hardworking man who loves his wife but the issue between the two of u is more of her not being able to manage the finances well... If I'm correct all you have to do is;

Take charge of the financial spending in the house.. Like the time you gave her 600k incase of emergency, let that be the last time you would try it.. Only give her money that she would use for her personal upkeep and that of your baby..

About the part you complained of your wife being too dull, I believe you must have noticed this before getting married. If that be true, then it's too late to complain.. keep on loving her the way she is(no one is perfect) and do not ever in your life tell her to her face that she is too dull...

With time, when she realizes you no longer give her excess of cash like u used to, she would adjust her spendings...

Don't ever be pressured by anybody.... be the man of your house and not a sisi..

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by ambivert27(f): 2:10pm On Feb 25, 2020
My concern is not your wife being a spendthrift, na your cross be that.

But your journey to Japan! No go carry coronavirus come Nigeria o

20 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by captainking(m): 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Who will help your kids with homework when you are not around. I am sure you observed her low intellect before you married her... You were conned into thinking you married a good wife...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by JubrinElSudan: 2:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Japan, in this Corona Virus era?

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 2:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
You must have noticed some of those traits in her during courtship, yet you went ahead to marry her. Bro, since you didn't dodge the bullet, carry your cross. Sooner or later, she will either leave you or frustrate your life when you are short on cash.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Bugatie(m): 2:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
I'm not always comfortable seeing adults bring up family issues to Nairaland faceless forum where mostly kids and teenagers who know nothing about relationships and family dish out their uninformed advise thereby making the situation worse.

What happened to having a good talk with her and letting her know how much the family is losing as a result of her poor money management.
Sit down with her and draw the family budget, that is expected income, expenses and savings each month/year or quarter, make her responsible for the budget and always monitor performance on a timely basis.
Encourage her where she's able to cut expense and correct her mildly if need be. Continue to jointly want to improve in your finances and watch how good she will turn.
Like you noted, she has been a blessing to you and I'm sure she wants to continue to be a source of blessing to your family.

Wishing you the best in your marriage.

7 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by XhosaNostra(f): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
Lol.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by jesmond3945: 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
koife:
Hello fam, I'm not used to writing about my personal life. I try as much as I can to keep it off social media. On this very instance I'm tired and I desperately need honest advise, I'm also ready for insult.
I met my wife and we got married less than two years after our meeting.
I must say my wife is a quiet and slow person by nature and very churchy. I won't forget to add that since I met her I've had many blessings come my way. We are blessed with a 6 month old daughter.

My main issue with my wife is that she sees home upkeep as my total responsibility, yes, I do it but she hardly contribute anything and any time I'm coonstrained fin. She would say all manner of things. My wife isn't that a smart person, she would wait for you to give her direction in the simplest of things and shys away from taking charge and ownership.

I got a 6 digit job few days after introducing as her my fiancee to my parent and I'm often at sea for three more than 6 months. I've observed my wife isn't prudent with money no matter how much passes through her hands. At some point I'll get her attention how much she has spent without knowing and then she would go " wow, I didn't know it was that much" after doing some addition.
She works with insurance firm and her pay is within 60k (Max)/monthly...with that, she still get home support from me and my sister who is in USA. Recently I gave her her usual home support money and my sis did too....her allowance and commission came too. My wife had over 95k total in less than two weeks.

I was surprised barely a week and, I asked my wife support fix the car I left with her at home with just 5k since and i was yet to be paid salary. Note, I bought this car to ease her movement at her instance oo, she suggested the car is idle and we should get someone do bolt( taxify) just to get us additional cash.I got the driver do agreement with my lawyer via my coy and travelled shortly, the car alternator shut down and wouldn't charge, it was at that instance I asked her help out and she said she had no money on her and that she was barely surviving. I was shocked and Drew her attention to how much had gone through her hands in less than two weeks. Don't get me wrong, it might not be much to some peoples financial cash flow but we are Young family and less than two years in marriage. My wife believes once money comes, it's time to solve all her outstanding problem and ive told her she needs to prioritize.

Recently when I got to nja I left 600k in her account and told her we shouldn't touch it in case of family emergency but I noticed each time we have little need at home she would pressure me go get the cash. Some how we kept touching the money till it got to 300k and I travelled again.
I've tried my best to groom her and get her financial planning life better but she would not accept she has issue. I'm considering getting her family and mine involved but I dear it would out her in bad light before my family ( trying to protect her), I I decided to bring it here since it's faceless forum for candid advise

Need I also add that I can say one thing give times to my wife and she still gets it mixed up. I've asked her to read book and expand her intellectual capacity. It was just two weeks ago I forced her go defend her post graduate project after many years of abandonement....we quarreled. I later helped her arrange the work and pacify her supervisor allows her defend without paying school fees before I left.
Pls is my wife just dull or does it have to d with her character with life and money? Pls advise me coz I'm getting sick, really sick already. I'm typing this onboard on my way to Japan. I can't even concentrate
you have to play smart and be wise. She lacks financial discipline and such would wreck you or make you not achieve milestones. Give your wife as much as she needs. By the way it is not easy for your wife, leaving her for months because of money making. I think she wants to console herself with all the money you are making to feel better about herself since you are not at home. So you care about spending, she doesnt. Afterall your marriage is all about it. To restore normalcy, try and get a job that would make you spend more time with her and your daughter, so that you can bond with her. because at the moment is all about bringing money while there is someone happy to spend it lavishly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
this is what u get when u marry a slayqueen.all the money she is spending it on makeups,clothes,bags,shoes and what have u cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
Mood11:

3. Sorry but she has chosen the kind of life she wants. Right now as you are on your way to work out another pay check, she might be planning on an outing with the small boy drilling her coochie.

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by daddytime(m): 2:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
Financial illiteracy is at the heart of everything wrong with her if your submissions here are true.

However, you know what they say about slow people or slow poisons?

I'd advise you to pay more attention whenever you are onshore and monitor your wife very well to be sure she isn't paying someone on the side who fills in, in your absence. Also, check to be sure she isn't busy with acquiring a personal property on the side.

Never say never my brother, shine your eyes well and you just might find out that her slowness isn't really a slowness but craftiness.

I wish you well and hope you are able to resolve this.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
At least it's mainly financial issues, not infidelity or bad character. What you need to do is simple, take charge of your finances. Rely on yourself alone. Give her an allowance and don't add a dime more to it. You now know you have a financially unreliable wife, so take charge.

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Yahman1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Very simple case

Drive her Bolts undecided

1 Like

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by koife(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
lefulefu:
this is what u get when u marry a slayqueen.all the money she is spending it on makeups,clothes,bags,shoes and what have u cheesy
On the contrary, she is not a slay queen. She only lacks basic money mgt skill and a bit not smart
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by proclinician: 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
Shebi trouble de sleep. Pls seek for dissolution of that marriage or you may not live past 60. Treat as a matter of urgency.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Dollarheist: 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Abeg God na dis kind wife i dey tell you gangan
As in this type gangan
God i repeat this type gangan
I dey my knees se oluwa this type gangan
Make dem no come my way oooo
SMDH

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by LadySarah: 3:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
TradeCorner:
This is juicy

[b][/b]Its the same with all women. [b][/b]Thry like being spent on. Don't take it too serious its their way of telling a man they love them, by making men soend unceasingly. Listen, two weeks is too far. Don't tell her you're irritated. Try it again infact just two days from giving her 500,000Naira, she'll still say no money. grin Focus on the benefits, don't get irritated

God bless your union

R
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by TradeCorner: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
LadySarah:

Exclusively to women in your lineage.

I don't recall cursing the males in yours. Nor cursing you in anyway. Anyway,its now the norm that females this generation abuse men at the slightest opportunity. Whatelse madam,i suffer low sperm count or weak erection or you will like to brokeshame me at this point. What more curses. The females in my lineage. For a comment made without you in mind. Continue

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by proclinician: 3:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dollarheist:
Abeg God na dis kind wife i dey tell you gangan
As in this type gangan
God i repeat this type gangan
I dey my knees se oluwa this type gangan
Make dem no come my way oooo
SMDH

Lol they no go come bro

Baba God shebi u don hear.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by proclinician: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
TradeCorner:

I didn't recall cursing the males in yours. No cursing you in anyway. Anyway,its now the norm that females this generation abuse men at the slightest opportunity. Whatelse madam,i suffer low sperm count or weak erection or

Once you recognise a stupid person next is to ignore pls.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by LadySarah: 3:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
There's nothing we can do except for her to work on herself.
Most times the men complain abt women and finances until they stay around and discover how this money goes.

She can have a book where every expense is put down and then when you are back both of you can go through it and see where to work on.

It is not enough to judge her until you are in her shoes. Home support money takes care of a lot of things and if not careful, the woman will be tagged"wasteful".

For the mean time, save alone.

Still talk with her. Nobody is perfect, no one.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by TradeCorner: 3:29pm On Feb 25, 2020
proclinician:

Once you recognise a stupid person next is to ignore pls.

Yes. I agree. That's what i pointed out. The way the females in this generation behave so unruly.

3 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by punisha: 3:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Oga do ur savings alone.
U don't need to involve her in that aspect since u know she'd fail u.
Truth is alone we prioritize but with these women money can finish overnight. I'm actually talking to myself as I talk to u. Save ur money urself since u r dependable n capable to do so.
Stop leaving this task to her.
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by LadySarah: 3:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
TradeCorner:

Yes. I agree. That's what i pointed out. The way the females in this generation behave so unruly.

Really? You agree with someone who readily recommends divorce for such issue. Someone probably not married and not perfect.

Continue

2 Likes

Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by Victoryjoel: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
Driving you nuts

Take spanner size 10 tight the nuts...simple
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by TradeCorner: 3:57pm On Feb 25, 2020
LadySarah:

Really? You agree with someone who readily recommends divorce for such issue. Someone probably not married and not perfect.

Continue

Tell me what the entire females did to you to warrant your nonsense
Re: Help! My Wife Is Driving Me Nuts by suaveBrother(m): 4:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
... I assume you saw these attributes of hers when dating...

... she is your wife accept her for who she is ...

but come ooo after person hustle finish ... nah woman matter dem dey come face
cry...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This FB Post Shows That You Can't Trust Ladies / Ladies Be Sincere, Would You Date Any Of These Guys?? / Strictly For Ladies, How To Make Your Butt Bigger - U'll Like It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.