Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:18 AM

MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike (25164 Views)

MDCAN Suspend Strike Action / Ekiti State University ASUU Begins Indefinite Strike / SSANU, NASU Resolve To Embark On Indefinite Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 10:12pm On Feb 26, 2020
Why not make your own research? That is why you are lazy to do Phd
0m0nnakoda:

How many winners were there in 2019?

How many of them have Phds
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by BrutalJab: 10:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Correcto:
Case studies or research?
Both
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by edoairways: 10:22pm On Feb 26, 2020
Correcto:
NUC is not so stupid. Most of the numerous researches these doctors claim they do in residency are just advanced case studies. PhD is quite unique.
How is PhD unique and different from medical researches of those doctors?

1 Like

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by 0m0nnakoda: 10:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
Correcto:
Why not make your own research? That is why you are lazy to do Phd
I am giving you the opportunity to be honest, to tell the truth, the whole truth......
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 10:25pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lol
0m0nnakoda:

I am giving you the opportunity to be honest, to tell the truth, the whole truth......
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 10:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
Medical researches of doctors are just advanced case studies, hardly yield innovation
edoairways:

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lol
BrutalJab:
Both
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by BrutalJab: 10:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
edoairways:

If that is the case, the medical association need to visit any of the media to sensitize the public. I want to believe this is practiced in other countries aside Uganda like someone mentioned

NUC are aware of this

It's just a case power tuggle
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by BrutalJab: 10:30pm On Feb 26, 2020
Correcto:
Lol
What's funny clown?
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by CSTR2: 10:56pm On Feb 26, 2020
Mandeyy:
You're not an engineer, let alone graduating with first class.
If you even had an idea of what my moniker means, you won't be foolish with impunity.

Google "cstr" and see what it means. Clown.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Tatarison(m): 11:03pm On Feb 26, 2020
The comments so far have been funny and entertaining.
It's so hilarious reading comments from ignorant Nigerians who at the mention of "Doctors" unite to start hating the Nobel professionals.
You can't just wake up and make policies like that. I mean, who does that? Doctors are leaving the country in their numbers and you're still provoking them the more...wahala dy 4 9ja ahswear.
We all know this NUC rubbish will not last for long, they'll soon call the doctors and revoke their request. The consultants are not even concerned. Those affected are clinical students and resident doctors

1 Like

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by danilmo: 12:00am On Feb 27, 2020
one problem NUC body have is they are ignorant of medical terms , ethics nd requirements,

that's y they feel like making medical profession look like the other bsc course.

I feel people like saraki and Minister of health come into this game tussle to enlighten these NUC bodies what's medical profession is all about and how it works..

most silly ones are the ignorant general public who is always looking for every means to throw jab at Doctors.

If u don't know, make ur findings /research on Consultant and see for ur self their wealth of knowledge and what it takes to b one..

in fact MDCN shouldn't go on strike alone, They should abandon the teaching hospital , let the health system collapse, if that ll make Public know the worth of Medics(nobody appreciate u if they don't know ur worth).

anyone who is sick should visit private hospital where they ll be charged the hard way for what they refuse to know.

Just MBBS degree alone is killing not to talk of passing residency , (an average med student is most time depressed from year 3 ++)

see one of them clown chanting Get PhD ever since with high handed clueless head with nothing meaningful to contribute.

1 Like

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by 0m0nnakoda: 12:43am On Feb 27, 2020
danilmo:
one problem NUC body have is they are ignorant of medical terms , ethics nd requirements,

that's y they feel like making medical profession look like the other bsc course.

I feel people like saraki and Minister of health come into this game tussle to enlighten these NUC bodies what's medical profession is all about and how it works..

most silly ones are the ignorant general public who is always looking for every means to throw jab at Doctors.

If u don't know, make ur findings /research on Consultant and see for ur self their wealth of knowledge and what it takes to b one..

in fact MDCN shouldn't go on strike alone, They should abandon the teaching hospital , let the health system collapse, if that ll make Public know the worth of Medics(nobody appreciate u if they don't know ur worth).

anyone who is sick should visit private hospital where they ll be charged the hard way for what they refuse to know.

Just MBBS degree alone is killing not to talk of passing residency , (an average med student is most time depressed from year 3 ++)

see one of them clown chanting Get PhD ever since with high handed clueless head with nothing meaningful to contribute.
Why should the system collapse? Why getting emotional?

The truth is it is not a practical idea what NUC are suggesting. It is dead on arrival. Indeed in my opinion there is no need for a strike since most of these Consultants don't have substantive contracts with the university and are staff of the health ministry.

They should just treat patients and disengage from medical students let u see what happens in 3 months

1 Like

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 4:14am On Feb 27, 2020
Clown you are comedian
BrutalJab:

What's funny clown?
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Tomide007: 7:32am On Feb 27, 2020
BrutalJab:

You are a very big liar. 60% of Nigerian University lectures aren't PhD holders.
I'm asking which school you went to, and you're arguing with me about my school. The professors that taught me in my 100 level are more than 5. I was never taught by a lecturer without a PhD. And ur school must be reevaluated is 20% of the lecturers there don't have a PhD.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by BrutalJab: 7:37am On Feb 27, 2020
Tomide007:

I'm asking which school you went to, and you're arguing with me about my school. The professors that taught me in my 100 level are more than 5. I was never taught by a lecturer without a PhD. And ur school must be reevaluated is 20% of the lecturers there don't have a PhD.

Which school did you attend liar?

I never said 80%
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Tomide007: 7:41am On Feb 27, 2020
BrutalJab:

Which school did you attend liar?

I never said 80%
University of Ibadan
Was taught by professor woods
Prof adeleke
Prof obi-egbedi
Prof ayelaagbe
Prof odiaka
Prof adesomoju (now retired)

Pls can u give me d name of your institution. Yh I know u said 60%, I'm even arguing on 80%. Cose I once went to uni maid for research, and they have PhD holders.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:32am On Feb 27, 2020
CSTR2:

If you even had an idea of what my moniker means, you won't be foolish with impunity.

Google "cstr" and see what it means. Clown.
You're daft. Anybody can bear any moniker. You're nothing other than Johesuite.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 27, 2020
Correcto:
Gregg L Samanza is the Nobel prize winner in 2019 for medicine. He has an MD and Phd as qualification
You even contradicted yourself. You said that those with Ph.D do better in research than medical doctors. Here, you just posted a medical doctor. His Ph.D has nothing to do with his winning of Nobel Prize. Even a master's degree holder can do a good research.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 27, 2020
Correcto:
Please make research on how many PhD holders have done meaningful research. Clown!!!
You're daft!
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:37am On Feb 27, 2020
Correcto:
Please make research on how many PhD holders have done meaningful research. Clown!!!
Name them yourself. Fo.ol!!!
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 27, 2020
edoairways:

They have been producing meaningful researches but you don't see them because the government isn't interested. What Nuc is saying, you must be grounded in research before you can attain professorial position. You should be able to come up with innovations and ideas after thorough research on a given phenomenon.
Professors of medicine in Nigeria have produced better researches than the so-called Ph.D holders in Nigeria. What quality researches have those professors heading the NUC produced? Nothing! I know so many of those Ph.D holders who can't come up with any innovation. I've compared their researches in their journals to the researches done by lecturers and professors of medicine in medical and dental journals, and I can tell you that medical lecturers' researches supersede those of the Ph.D holders. Google is free. You can do the comparison yourself.

1 Like

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 9:15am On Feb 27, 2020
Medical researches done by doctors are just advanced case studies
edoairways:

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by CSTR2: 9:24am On Feb 27, 2020
Mandeyy:
You're daft. Anybody can bear any moniker. You're nothing other than Johesuite.
So I just chose to bear this specific name because of you or this thread? grin
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 9:25am On Feb 27, 2020
Obviously you belittle everything in this part of world that y you guys don't make any significant contribution to global health, except for relying on information from already executed researches. I said he is an MD so I know his a medical doctor, but you see, he still went ahead and get a PhD. Have you ever asked your self why got a PhD? There are some Nobel prize winnersbwho are not doctors but I chose to use a doctor as an example to make you understand properly. Obviously you have a shallow mind and can't innovate anything good. Go read about him properly. If I may ask what level are you in school? You sound like a student.
Mandeyy:
You even contradicted yourself. You said that those with Ph.D do better in research than medical doctors. Here, you just posted a medical doctor. His Ph.D has nothing to do with his winning of Nobel Prize. Even a master's degree holder can do a good research.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 9:28am On Feb 27, 2020
Show us evidence of the comparison and stop making ridiculous assumptions.
Mandeyy:
Professors of medicine in Nigeria have produced better researches than the so-called Ph.D holders in Nigeria. What quality researches have those professors heading the NUC produced? Nothing! I know so many of those Ph.D holders who can't come up with any innovation. I've compared their researches in their journals to the researches done by lecturers and professors of medicine in medical and dental journals, and I can tell you that medical lecturers' researches supersede those of the Ph.D holders. Google is free. You can do the comparison yourself.
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by oladotman(m): 11:18am On Feb 27, 2020
Correcto:
Most of these numerous researches this doctors claim they do in residency are just advanced case studies. PhD research is quite different and unique. Gregg L Samanza is the Nobel prize winner for medicine in 2019. He has MD and PhD as qualification.

You see that's the problem... Like I said before.. People who are not in the medical field many times don't understand what obtains there. In medicine there is clear distinction between clinical practice and pure research line. You can have 5 PhDs... If you don't go for clinical training (Residency), you are not touching a patient. All you'd do is research. Clinical training and practice is what qualifies you to treat patients.. And you teach medical students and doctors the practice (clinical practice, not research)....
The Nobel laureate you mentioned is a medical doctor, a paediatrician, but he didn't win the prize for his practice of paediatrics.... He got it for his research in biochemistry and molecular biology which is purely academic and research based. That's a distinction between clinical practice and pure research.

Stop mixing everything up... If you need clarifications, ask questions please. PhD is not important to teach medical students and residents.. Haven't you heard something like this.. "medicine is apprenticeship". You are an apprentice when learning medicine. Learning the theory no doubt, but much more than that you are learning the practice. That is you watch and learn like an apprentice would do. Tell me how a PhD will be of use in teaching how to perform a surgery or how to clerk or examine patients or write prescriptions.... How does that even make any sense!

In Clinical practice, what matters most is experience and this comes with years of practice.. Not PhD.

Ask questions if you need to. Stop arguing what you know nothing about.

By the way there's a lot of research in clinical practice. Many clinicians (without PhDs) are seasoned researchers------world renowned wink wink

1 Like

Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 12:14pm On Feb 27, 2020
Who talking of treating a patient? Even MBBS holders till touch patients. From your explanation, you are still confused. Obviously you don't know the importance of research, but know this, everything you learn in the medical program came through someone's research. NUC is telling that you need Phd for career progression in the University, that is if you must teach. It is a requirement. Just a get a PhD.
oladotman:

You see that's the problem... Like I said before.. People who are not in the medical field many times don't understand what obtains there. In medicine there is clear distinction between clinical practice and pure research line. You can have 5 PhDs... If you don't go for clinical training (Residency), you are not touching a patient. All you'd do is research. Clinical training and practice is what qualifies you to treat patients.. And you teach medical students and doctors the practice (clinical practice, not research)....
The Nobel laureate you mentioned is a medical doctor, a paediatrician, but he didn't win the prize for his practice of paediatrics.... He got it for his research in biochemistry and molecular biology which is purely academic and research based. That's a distinction between clinical practice and pure research.

Stop mixing everything up... If you need clarifications, ask questions please. PhD is not important to teach medical students and residents.. Haven't you heard something like this.. "medicine is apprenticeship". You are an apprentice when learning medicine. Learning the theory no doubt, but much more than that you are learning the practice. That is you watch and learn like an apprentice would do. Tell me how a PhD will be of use in teaching how to perform a surgery or how to clerk or examine patients or write prescriptions.... How does that even make any sense!

In Clinical practice, what matters most is experience and this comes with years of practice.. Not PhD.

By the way there's a lot of research in clinical practice. Many clinicians (without PhDs) are seasoned researchers------world renowned wink wink
Re: MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike by Correcto: 12:19pm On Feb 27, 2020
Also like you said since there a clear distinction between clinical practice and pure research line, then you need both.
oladotman:

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

University Of Lagos Tuition Is Free – Management / At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick / Covenant University Appoints Professor Bassey Williams As Acting Vice Chancellor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.