Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,495 members, 7,816,177 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement (48203 Views)

Battle Over IGP: Disquiet In Police As Adamu Retires On February 1, 2021 / Disquiet In PDP As Jonathan Loses Senatorial District To Sylva, APC / Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:14pm On Feb 25, 2020
NothingDoMe:
The supreme court cannot overrule itself. Chaos is imminent. The SC will be swamped with cases for review. Even criminals will want a review. Make we dey look.

says what part of the constituition?
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by NothingDoMe: 8:15pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

says what part of the constituition?
Tomorrow nor far. Mention me if they overrule their initial ruling.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by CanadaOrBust: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
Truthbites:
And they have not reviewed Imo that people protested about? Or na me miss news since?have they reviewed Imo?

Imo was adjourned to March 3rd at PDP’s request.

Of course the two cases are totally different. Disqualifications are common in politics, per Bayelsa. While in Imo the SC actually aided and abetted cheating and forgery and fraud and rigging!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Confirmedzombie: 8:16pm On Feb 25, 2020
NothingDoMe:
The supreme court cannot overrule itself. Chaos is imminent. The SC will be swamped with cases for review. Even criminals will want a review. Make we dey look.

Sorry there is no chaos here. Under the universal declaration of human as per the UN Charter, the supreme court can review this judgement.

I'm a senior lawyer and I know the law more than you.

We are talking about burden of proof here. There is no proof to warrant such judgement at the first place.

6 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
NothingDoMe:
Tomorrow nor far. Mention me if they overrule their initial ruling.

ok na
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Tomide007: 8:17pm On Feb 25, 2020
Amdoyin:
Omo! See mad permutation.
So you believe that they would play games with Bayelsa because of one senatorial seat, oil-rich state ooo...nd which permutation did they do in Rivers?. That guy is a political fantasizer.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by asobo: 8:18pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

APC would win the review and Diri would be out of senate, and lose out as a Governor there by creating a golden chance for a senatorial election to fill in Diri's seat at the senate with qualified APC man.. last last they just want Diri out of the senate

Wole Olanipekun SAN wouldn't take a case he isn't 99% sure of winning at this stage of his career, I wish Diri goodluck on his sudden retirement from politics

Go check Abia and Akwa Ibom 2015 elections were Chief Wole lost out in one of the states then get back to me.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
asobo:
Go check Abia and Akwa Ibom 2015 elections were Chief Wole lost out in one of the states then get back to me.

be specific, which of the cases did he lose so I can google the verdict..

2 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Herdsmen: 8:19pm On Feb 25, 2020
Goodbye Lyon..
Welcome Diri..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Tomide007:

So you believe that they would play games with Bayelsa because of one senatorial seat, oil-rich state ooo...nd which permutation did they do in Rivers?. That guy is a political fantasizer.

Tomorrow isn't far .. we shall see,
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Herdsmen: 8:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

Wole has lost and still losing cases..

Be guided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:21pm On Feb 25, 2020
Herdsmen:

Be guided

well why not give refrence to the electoral cases Chief Wole lost of recent

3 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by sosospence(m): 8:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
Academic exercise
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Dreadful: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
REALHEAVEN:
The judgement will stand.

The SC is merely using Bayelsa to right the wrong the did in Imo.

Both Ihedioha and Lyon should take heart.
Shut up! The situation in Imo and that of Bayelsa ain't the same thing...

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by InvertedHammer: 8:23pm On Feb 25, 2020
/
I guess the Supreme Court is no longer supreme.
Integrity has eroded a long time ago in Nigeria. Everything jagajaga. One would think that the Supreme Court judges would dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s as the final arbiter but their once noble and respected offices have been sacrificed on the altar of political expediency.

\
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by NothingDoMe: 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

Sorry there is no chaos here. Under the universal declaration of human as per the UN Charter, the supreme court can review this judgement.

I'm a senior lawyer and I know the law more than you.

We are talking about burden of proof here. There is no proof to warrant such judgement at the first place.
Senior lawyer, please educate me. Normally there are case references that lawyers normally refer to during court proceedings.

Do you know of any such case where the Supreme Court reviewed its initial judgement? Asking to learn.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by sosospence(m): 8:24pm On Feb 25, 2020
REALHEAVEN:
The judgement will stand.

The SC is merely using Bayelsa to right the wrong the did in Imo.

Both Ihedioha and Lyon should take heart.
Exactly
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Kennitrust(m): 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
Our supreme court is getting ridiculous
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by asobo: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

Since you said Chief Wole Olanipekun won't take a case he isn't 99% sure of winning, I felt you are a political enthusiast and a fan of his to make such a heavy statement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by durangokid: 8:27pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

APC would win the review and Diri would be out of senate, and lose out as a Governor there by creating a golden chance for a senatorial election to fill in Diri's seat at the senate with qualified APC man.. last last they just want Diri out of the senate

Wole Olanipekun SAN wouldn't take a case he isn't 99% sure of winning at this stage of his career, I wish Diri goodluck on his sudden retirement from politics

. What do you have to say about imo?
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by DabuIIIT: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
LosC:
It'll be adjourned
Till March...then govt magic may want to tell us red is blue....but God pass them
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by AfroKnight: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
It is quite unfortunate for the Supreme Court to deliver judgements so controversial that it needs to conduct a review.

Review is not reversal anyway. But if this review leads to a reversal, then the NJC should bow their heads in shame. How could they not do their job thoroughly the first time?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Felomania: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
IT will be postponed till March
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by asobo: 8:28pm On Feb 25, 2020
Herdsmen:

Be guided
Help me educate the political novice.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by ruggedtimi(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
NothingDoMe:
Senior lawyer, please educate me. Normally there are case references that lawyers normally refer to during court proceedings.

Do you know of any such case where the Supreme Court reviewed its initial judgement? Asking to learn.
here

3 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by phemy36(m): 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
NothingDoMe:

Just leave that man. You can't see a learn lawyer priding himself the way he does. He is not a lawyer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by NothingDoMe: 8:30pm On Feb 25, 2020
Dreadful:
Shut up! The situation in Imo and that of Bayelsa ain't the same thing...
Nor be quarrel bros. That's why there's a request for presidential election review.

Since the court has assumed position of INEC in collating results that INEC declared invalid. Maybe they'll help invalidate some of Buhari's votes cheesy
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
asobo:
Help me educate the political novice.

o ye political juggernaut , kindly show us the case he lost instead of drawing like ogbono soup

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Chuks140(m): 8:32pm On Feb 25, 2020
donpapa:
Politicians are gradually turning the Judiciary to a joke. Every case now subjected to review! This isn't the democracy we signed up for as a nation. angry
it has never been like this,it the judgment of IMO that could not add up statistically that is causing all this. I don't know how that judgement of IMO will stand.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
durangokid:
. What do you have to say about imo?

either Hope Uzodinma gets to stay or a fresh election is ordered due to over voting, depending on the angle PDP lawyers approach it... my simple guess

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Rapmoney(m): 8:34pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Says someone who has no power to change the political scheme of things in the society.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Starhearts: 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

Ur view nd thoughts re myopic
Go do ur research well
Diz ur cho cho no go lead u anywhere

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Xenophobic Attacks: President Buhari Despatches Special Envoy To South Africa / Jonathan At Emir Of Daura's Palace As He Visits Buhari's State, Katsina (photos) / Ayiri Emami Makes Grand Entry With His Classic Bentley At A Wedding Event.Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.