Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,598 members, 7,816,486 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:51 AM

Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement (48207 Views)

Battle Over IGP: Disquiet In Police As Adamu Retires On February 1, 2021 / Disquiet In PDP As Jonathan Loses Senatorial District To Sylva, APC / Disquiet In Lagos APC Over Sanwo-olu’s Cabinet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:35pm On Feb 25, 2020
Rapmoney:

Says someone who has no power to change the political scheme of things in the society.

really , ok just seat and enjoy the short drama as APC reclaims Bayelsa and get an added senator

3 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Let them just order a new election.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by akdjr(m): 8:36pm On Feb 25, 2020
Does the deputy Governor fraudulently obtain those certificate? If yes then the judgement should stand. If no supreme Court ought to have investigate those credentials before passing the judgement.

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
Starhearts:

Ur view nd thoughts re myopic
Go do ur research well
Diz ur cho cho no go lead u anywhere

grin grin see PDP stalwarts crying on my mention.. hahaha!! una go soon cry blood.. CJN mallam tanko over to you

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by greggng: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
Nigerians should stop making mockery of our judicial system. There is always an end to litigation....That is why supreme court is called the final court after which , you have to appeal to God..I will advice parties to stop wasting their time on a counter productive exercise. Both pdp and apc should accept their fate and move on. embarassed
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Starhearts: 8:37pm On Feb 25, 2020
eleko1:
sad good evening Nairalanders.My 17 Years old boy was robbed.His Lappy,Phone and 23,700 gone like that.
Is there anyway /anyone who can help track the phone? I”lol reward handsomely

Waiting u dey wait for ?
Go enter well naa
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by lagdmark(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

Sorry there is no chaos here. Under the universal declaration of human as per the UN Charter, the supreme court can review this judgement.

I'm a senior lawyer and I know the law more than you.

We are talking about burden of proof here. There is no proof to warrant such judgement at the first place.
Most senior lawyers like you are today act like comedians

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by aspiring44: 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
[quote author=itsme01 post=86954486] cool

APC would win the review and Diri would be out of senate, and lose out as a Governor there by creating a golden chance for a senatorial election to fill in Diri's seat at the senate with qualified APC man.. last last they just want Diri out of the senate

Wole Olanipekun SAN wouldn't take a case he isn't 99% sure of winning at this stage of his career, I wish Diri goodluck on his sudden retirement from politics

That is your opinion and belief . Because wole olanipekun is the counsel means the review will upturn the verdict. Brilliance does not equate wisdom

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 8:40pm On Feb 25, 2020
Buhari has decimated the judiciary into a laughing stocks....God will punish him
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by felixedet(m): 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
Businext:
I strongly doubt if anything will come out of this review
Judgements of this court are meant to be final with appeal only to God.
Review is made when an entirely new matter comes before them with similar facts.
Here they will upturn their earlier judgement to set the right position.

Well I wish Bayelsa, Imo, Zamfara and the PDP presidency appellants the best.

#ThereWasASupremeCourt

Nigerian supreme Court under General Mohammadu Buhari is technically illegal: Tanko is the CJN...........,

Peace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yah live.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by asobo: 8:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

o ye political juggernaut , kindly show us the case he lost instead of drawing like ogbono soup
Bro chill, just as I said earlier; you sounded like you Mr know all. I still insist that your statement earlier was heavy and indicting. Let me help your ignorance so that you won't say what you don't know next time. Chief Wole Olanipekun lost at the supreme court in respect to Akwa Ibom state.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by asobo: 8:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

grin grin see PDP stalwarts crying on my mention.. hahaha!! una go soon cry blood.. CJN mallam tanko over to you
You are a political novice man. Stop being emotional
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Nobody: 8:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
Confirmedzombie:

Sorry there is no chaos here. Under the universal declaration of human as per the UN Charter, the supreme court can review this judgement.

I'm a senior lawyer and I know the law more than you.

We are talking about burden of proof here. There is no proof to warrant such judgement at the first place.
Oga senor lawyer I get question to ask o! Does the supreme court have the right to sack a governor just because his deputy forged certificates can't he still be a goevenor and just change his deputy? Or shouldn't the Bayelsa house of reps have just impeached the deputy goevenor just as it was done in kogi state?
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:46pm On Feb 25, 2020
asobo:
You are a political novice man. Stop being emotional

honestly right after all this is settle I will personally find you just to troll you Mr professor of Politics
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Arabiandude: 8:47pm On Feb 25, 2020
[b]Personally I feel this judgement was meditated just to get at Mary Odili because I have studied this bayelsa case and I have come to agree with myself that the judgement was faulty and if the judgement is reversed, Mary Odili will be investigated and maybe forcefully retired by the NJC. why did I say this bayelsa judgement was faulty? For those comparing the bayelsa case with that of Imo, there is no single similarities, instead the bayelsa case shares similarities with the Kogi verdict that brought in Bello. In Kogi verdict, the SC was supposed to ask inec to swear in falake because falake ran along side Audu but since the SC asked for the candidate that came second during APC primary to take over, that judgement means there was no ties whatsoever between Audu who was the Governorship candidate and Falake who was his deputy. that said, that Kogi judgement also means there is no ties between David lyon and his deputy and since that's the case the expected judment should have been Lyon choosing another deputy or a fresh election to be held with Lyon choosing a new deputy or the candidate that came second in APC primary should have taken over, using the Kogi judgement as a case study.[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Cantonese: 8:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:
cool

APC would win the review and Diri would be out of senate, and lose out as a Governor there by creating a golden chance for a senatorial election to fill in Diri's seat at the senate with qualified APC man.. last last they just want Diri out of the senate

Wole Olanipekun SAN wouldn't take a case he isn't 99% sure of winning at this stage of his career, I wish Diri goodluck on his sudden retirement from politics

Chai! na so e pain you reach bros? No by mistake after APC is beaten again go hug transformer when dey near your house thinking say na your party member. Na Ofone be that one o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by durangokid: 8:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

either Hope Uzodinma gets to stay or a fresh election is ordered due to over voting, depending on the angle PDP lawyers approach it... my simple guess
. So in your own opinion, Lyon will get his judgement straight away, a case of an established forgery while Ihedioha will get a rerun in an established case of fake result?, I can see Hippocratic analysis here

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by asobo: 8:51pm On Feb 25, 2020
itsme01:

honestly right after all this is settle I will personally find you just to troll you Mr professor of Politics
You indicted yourself Mr, I never did. I just want you to be careful and mindful of what you post or comme online. Thanks
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Staro: 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2020
donpapa:
Politicians are gradually turning the Judiciary to a joke. Every case now subjected to review! This isn't the democracy we signed up for as a nation. angry

Oga, blame Buhari and TANKO.
That IMO ruling was laughable ... a mockery of Nigeria's judicial system.

In fact, IMO gave rise to these agitations and calls for review

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:53pm On Feb 25, 2020
durangokid:
. So in your own opinion, Lyon will get his judgement straight away, a case of an established forgery while Ihedioha will get a rerun in an established case of fake result?, I can see Hippocratic analysis here

Lyon case isn't forgery as the results where confirmed to be original, the case is using multiple name just like buhari bearing muhammadu buhari at NDA kaduna and Cambridge exam Muhammad buhari and it is a pre election matter.. Ihedioha is over voting and a post election matter
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Munzy14(m): 8:54pm On Feb 25, 2020
donpapa:
Politicians are gradually turning the Judiciary to a joke. Every case now subjected to review! This isn't the democracy we signed up for as a nation. angry
You really don't understand what democracy is at all.

The people are the government, and not some persons appointed to oversee some functions. As a citizen if u feel u were cheated, the court is there for u.

What now happens to the judiciary as the last hope of a common in a democratic settings?

1 Like

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:55pm On Feb 25, 2020
asobo:
You indicted yourself Mr, I never did. I just want you to be careful and mindful of what you post or comme online. Thanks

I will say it again so you can properly get it stucked in your permanent memory.. Chief olanipekun at this stage of his career wont take a case if he isn't 99% certain of getting a win

2 Likes

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by itsme01: 8:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
Cantonese:

Chai! na so e pain you reach bros? No by mistake after APC is beaten again go hug transformer when dey near your house thinking say na your party member. Na Ofone be that one o.

ok ok ok.. when they boot PDP out of Bayelsa please promise me you wouldn't take it to hard on yourself, afterall its just politics
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Itsme0I: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

I will say it again so you can properly get it stucked in your permanent memory.. Chief olanipekun at this stage of his career wont take a case if he isn't 99% certain of getting a win
[/s]
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Itsme0I: 8:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

Lyon case isn't forgery as the results where confirmed to be original, the case is using multiple name just like buhari bearing muhammadu buhari at NDA kaduna and Cambridge exam Muhammad buhari and it is a pre election matter.. Ihedioha is over voting and a post election matter
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

[s]
itsme01:

either Hope Uzodinma gets to stay or a fresh election is ordered due to over voting, depending on the angle PDP lawyers approach it... my simple guess
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Itsme0I: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

really , ok just seat and enjoy the short drama as APC reclaims Bayelsa and get an added senator
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Itsme0I: 9:01pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
Let them just order a new election.
[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Itsme0I: 9:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Itsme0I: 9:03pm On Feb 25, 2020
[s]
itsme01:

[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by byinks(f): 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
donpapa:

Soon they'll be asking to review their last review.
Re: Disquiet In Bayelsa As Supreme Court Reviews Judgement by Instablog9jaa: 9:08pm On Feb 25, 2020
Don't Fake It, I Cut Off My Manhood To Make It Real - Oluwa Lagos Tells Bobrisky And Tonto Dikeh https://www.nairaland.com/5706097/dont-fake-it-cut-off

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Jonathan At Emir Of Daura's Palace As He Visits Buhari's State, Katsina (photos) / Ayiri Emami Makes Grand Entry With His Classic Bentley At A Wedding Event.Photos / Governorship Tussle: Tanko Muhammad storms out of Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.