Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,483 members, 7,812,496 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:16 PM

Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video (27920 Views)

Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos) / Adeboye Prays For Goodluck Jonathan 2012 / Pastor Adeboye Prays At UN Headquarters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by ProAnti: 9:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
greateros:

Doesn't he know that once you become a president, your religion becomes your private in-room affair! why cant he invite the charlatan to his bedroom in aso rock to "prayer" for him.

Now he just lost all the Muslim votes! cry cry

When will this guy start using his no.6?

S-tu-pid! pheewww!

One of the NL-acclaimed messiah-in-waiting, Muhammadu Buhari left his home in Daura, Katsina state to visit this same Enoch Adeboye. Has he lost all muslim votes as well?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by ProAnti: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2010
redsun:

Jeg is a waanker,who won't make a good herdman talkless of directing d affairs of rational humans.

This same JEGA have been directing the affairs of rational Nigerians for over 6 months.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 9:38pm On Dec 20, 2010
I dont think you people get it. The yorubas has nothing against anyone. or anybody. , what the yorubas are against is the system. Even the Yorubas would be against buhari or atiku or any of them, if the system remain the same. We are against cheating. So it has nothing to do with Jonathan but more of his party but more of the system and we would not vote for any of the people , it is only a person that is willing to change the system, they yorubas would vote for. it has nothing to do with jonathan been an ijaw man or atiku been or buhari , but the system.

The true is his party conducted a census figure and manipulated the figure and election. And we can not allow it to continue. No godly man would want this ti conitnue. and for me, I stand for God.

You have a system where all of you people from the other ethnics group have lied, and you want to continue that system. we are saying it is not possible. The only solution is to remove  edo,delta and yorubas out of the system. This is the only solution, remove them to benin republic. Even if you look at the satellite picture nnewi and surround is more populated than kano. so you see , you have a problem.  when you remove edo,delta and yorubas, you would be talking of a balance system. go and check nnewi and surrrounding, it is larger than kano.

So if you remove edo,delta and yorubas, you can make the system work.
even if the yorubas remain, you northerners are going to still up minority. even for northerner it is better that edo,delta and yorubas join benin republic.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 10:07pm On Dec 20, 2010
You have the number of senators to remove edo,delta and yorubas into benin republic.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by omongbati1: 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2010
I am sure that fake Adeboye pastor hypnotized JEGA with his Ijebu juju into kneeling down for him. As JEGA is still a newbie Igbo, he is yet to learn the ropes.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by xandy84: 10:25pm On Dec 20, 2010
I am not here to judge man of God but what i really dont understand in this story  is that G.O has prayed for lot of criminals than anyone in Nigeria I.e Ibori, Ibru, OBJ and the likes and still continue praying for then till date, i think is hight time Nigerian wise up and not vote because some aspirant got prayed for by your pastor because your pastor maybe be even part of Nigerian problem and for redeemers, please tell your pastor to think twice, Nigerian are getting tired of  him  praying for corrupt people e.g OBJ, Ibru, Gbenga Daniel, Akingbola etc
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Olumogun: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2010
What actually is wrong here:

1. That the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan is kneeling down before a servant of God
or
2. That a Minister of the Gospel and a Servant of God, Pastor Adejare Enoch Adeboye is praying for the President?
3. When has it become an offence for a Pastor to pray for the 'CRIMINALS'?

what will be your view and comment if he has been caught in Okija shrine or in a coven somewhere?
what did you guys do to those who imported alfas & marauders to this country for spiritual support?
its like most people reacting do not really know why they are reacting.

As for those passing wrong comments against the Pastor, my advice is that you should just be careful. It could be a very dangerous thing to do? In Christianity, we were told that you can't fight God or defend Him. He is much more able to handle issues regarding His kingdom. I may not be a Redeemite, yet I respect the Servant of God.

No matter what you want to say about the Pastor, learn to know when to draw the line.
REMEMBER THE TWO SHE BEARS, THE 42 CHILDREN, AND ELISHA.
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 10:48pm On Dec 20, 2010
GEJ is sexy to me.

@topic, that is a nice gesture to pray for him. He needs it. cheesy wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 10:49pm On Dec 20, 2010
Olumogun , are you saying if criminal come to a pastor, they should pray for them

I dont think, you people know anything about prayer. Pastor adeboye prayer, did not leave the redeemed camp.
If you want to know why, please read your bible.

Matthew 6:5 - 7

5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Jesus says you must definitely not pray as the hypocrites pray.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Matthew 23:14

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by OAM4J: 11:08pm On Dec 20, 2010
Even Obama was prayed for

Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by fxmaxony(m): 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2010
Ah, why not Adeboye tell us the vision he had as he was praying for him, whether he will win or not.

But another wahala is that even if Atiku goes too, he will still pray for him too.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by spearman(m): 11:16pm On Dec 20, 2010
OAM4J:

Even Obama was prayed for

They were all standing. GEJ and Adeboye should either both be standing or kneeling. Something disturbing about the picture.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by reindeer: 11:20pm On Dec 20, 2010
Politicians will do anything to mislead the sheep-brained anyday.
Anyone who thinks this picture means GEJ loves God or is ''born again'' now should think again.
He is a politician and if he thinks anything will give him some extra votes, he will take it chikena!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 11:24pm On Dec 20, 2010
OAM4J , cant you see, they were praying for obama inside a room. that is a room. God did not accept pastor adeboye prayer. Go and ask God. it was jesus who said, people pray to been seen by men.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 11:26pm On Dec 20, 2010
OAM4J , cant you see, they were praying for obama inside a room.   that is a room. God did not accept pastor adeboye prayer. Go and ask God. it was jesus who said, people pray to been seen by men.

you can see that even some of the people praying for Obama had no space to stand on, because it is a room. when you go and make a open show of prayer for political gain. God does not accept it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by redsun(m): 11:28pm On Dec 20, 2010
He doesn't need prayer.He needs common sense,discipline and uprightnerss.But for this kind of bulllshiite d paedophile senator won't be in nigerian hse of lawbreakers earning millions of tax payers money on monthly basis, he will be in jail.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by akinolasam: 11:35pm On Dec 20, 2010
Becomrich?:

Olumogun , are you saying if criminal come to a pastor, they should pray for them. . . . .

YEAH, if any criminal come to a pastor, they should be prayed for.

And thank you for your insight about prayer. kindly take time to read few of these too;

Leviticus 26:39-44
Psalm 51:1-4
Matthew 8:4
Acts 2:21
Romans 10:13
Luke 23:39-43.

You and I may condemn a man while God sees him justified.

Rom 10:13  For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.  

Mat 9:13 But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by OAM4J: 11:38pm On Dec 20, 2010
spearman:

They were all standing. GEJ and Adeboye should either both be standing or kneeling. Something disturbing about the picture.

Becomrich?:

OAM4J , cant you see, they were praying for obama inside a room.   that is a room. God did not accept pastor adeboye prayer. Go and ask God. it was jesus who said, people pray to been seen by men.

What difference does it make, whether he was standing or kneeling, whether it was in a room or at the alter? To kneel is an act of humility and the one he was kneeling for was not Adeboye but God. And if you read Jonathan's prayer request, it was not directed only to Adeboye, but to the entire church which Adeboye was only privileged to lead.

Becomerich, you are not God and you are incapable of telling what prayer God will ignore or what prayer He will answer. If you know your bible at all, you will remember the story of the pharisee and the tax-collector that went into the temple to pray, and which prayer was honored and which was not.  You cannot see the hearts of Jonathan, Adeboye and several thousands of people that prayed for Jonathan, so let God be the judge.

Becomrich?:

you can see that even some of the people praying for Obama had no space to stand on, because it is a room. when you go and make a open show of prayer for political gain. God does not accept it.

You cannot be too sure of the size of that room. It only look crowded cos all of those ministers were trying to lay there hands on Obama. for all we know it is possible that is an alter of a big church, with hundreds/thousands of people watching/praying.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by LeStylo: 11:40pm On Dec 20, 2010
spearman:

No be Robert Mugabe dey for corner dey pray for Obama so?! Shuo!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Olumogun: 11:43pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^ @ akinolasam

thank you oh!

who need prayers more: the righteous or the sinner?

If Pastor has not attend to this so called 'criminal' - GEJ, I would have personally begin to doubt his ministry.
If you and you are saying he is guilty, i will not be surprised.

See this:
Luk 7:34  The Son of man is come eating and drinking; and ye say, Behold a gluttonous man, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by spearman(m): 11:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
OAM4J:

What difference does it make, whether he was standing or kneeling, whether it was in a room or at the alter? To kneel is an act of humility and the one he was kneeling for was not Adeboye but God. And if you read Jonathan's prayer request, it was not directed only to Adeboye, but to the entire church which Adeboye was only privileged to lead.

Then why is Adeboye not kneeling too. 'To kneel is an act of humility'.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Olumogun: 12:08am On Dec 21, 2010
Becomrich?:

Thank God that WE (Mankind) are not God, else uuuhm! ! !

omo-Yoruba:

I am sure that[b] fake[/b] Adeboye pastor hypnotized JEGA with his Ijebu juju into kneeling down for him. As JEGA is still a newbie Igbo, he is yet to learn the ropes.

so, what's your point?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by OAM4J: 12:09am On Dec 21, 2010
spearman:

Then why is Adeboye not kneeling too. 'To kneel is an act of humility'.

I have seen Adeboye knelt so many times before the church asking to be prayed for.

He wasn't expected to kneel in this case, he was not the one being prayed for, it was GEJ.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 12:17am On Dec 21, 2010
OAM4J:

I have seen Adeboye knelt so many times before the church asking to be prayed for.

He wasn't expected to kneel in this case, he was not the one being prayed for, it was GEJ.

then why won't he kneel, is he God?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 21, 2010
Becomrich?:

Olumogun , are you saying if criminal come to a pastor, they should pray for them

I dont think, you people know anything about prayer. Pastor adeboye prayer, did not leave the redeemed camp.
If you want to know why, please read your bible.

Matthew 6:5 - 7

5. And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites [are]: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

Jesus says you must definitely not pray as the hypocrites pray.

6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.
7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen [do]: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

Matthew 23:14

14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

akinolasam:

YEAH, if any criminal come to a pastor, they should be prayed for.

And thank you for your insight about prayer. kindly take time to read few of these too;

Leviticus 26:39-44
Psalm 51:1-4
Matthew 8:4
Acts 2:21
Romans 10:13
Luke 23:39-43.

You and I may condemn a man while God sees him justified.

Mat 9:13  But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Isn't it terribly apparent that an awful lot of hypocrisy, selfishness and confusion characterizes christianity (especially pentecostalism) these days? A person provides CLEAR biblical evidence for his opinion, and the other person doesn't even attempt to negate the first person's logic, but instead resorts to providing another CLEAR but CONTRADICTORY biblical evidence to support his own subjective opinions. At the end of the day it's all a s.t.u.p.id, confused, irritatingly hypocritical merry-go-round charade. Since EVERYTHING can seemingly be justified by some obscure part (or interpretation) of the Bible, then isn't it all a big farce? Crazy.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by appletango: 12:19am On Dec 21, 2010
anyone who can't see this was a political stunt is a slowpoke.

gej isn't even a member of redeemed.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Becomrich12: 12:23am On Dec 21, 2010
my brother all what you just posted are out of point. The bible did not says , you should pray for criminal.  the bible says God does not listen to the prayer of sinners John 9:31

The bible warn of been careful to lay hand on people. 1 Timothy 5:22 . Only repented sinners.  And what is Jonathan and PDP sin, they see injustice in the satellite pictures, they refuse to correct it. that is not repentant. when they remove edo,delta and yoruba into benin republic, i know they have repented.

When a criminal come to a pastor to pray for him to go out and commit a crime. you dont pray for him. you are talking of a arm robber, criminal and others who want to go out and commit  crime. You tell him to his face. I am sorry. I do not offer sure prayer.

You see reason why i notice the white man have had success more than africa countries. Is  the church and religion leaders . Over here, they would critic obama and get away with it, but in Nigeria Pastors aid wrong. They are not men who tell people the truth. Go through this thread someone already warn me what would happen to me if i come to nigeria.

You see to build a great society pastors have to be willing to rebuke wrong. But in the case of Nigeria pastors dont rebute wrong because they are hoping people would buy them something.

The love of many nigeria pastors have wax cool.  The bible says open rebuke is better than secret love. When a pastor can not rebuke a president for wrong. How can the nation become great. if nobody tell you, you are not dress, you would never know.

Look noone have physically seen his own face except in the mirror. Other human are your mirror. They are the only one to tell you, if your face look good or it looks bad.

Now if pastors who are suppose to be the mirror of a president are just YES MEN because of something. How does a president see his own face.

Like I told you, I would continue to stand for God , even if it means alone.

there is a song that says

Brother you are far
from your savoiur today
You are risking soul
for those things
that decay
O if today
God will call you away
What will you give
In exchange for your soul

My brother can you give a ship in exchange for your soul. Just thing about this  song.
Like I told you, I would continue to stand for God , even if it means alone.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by calyx: 12:31am On Dec 21, 2010
How come Jonathan is looking like an  i.diot in  that picture. . .mumu presido
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by omongbati1: 12:36am On Dec 21, 2010
Olumogun:

Thank God that WE (Mankind) are not God, else uuuhm! ! !

so, what's your point?

Adeboye Who Prayed For Obasanjo, Ibori, Fayose, Tinubu, Ibru, Erastus Akingbola (all criminals), Prays For Jonathan?

That man na fake olori ibu bishop moving around with thieves. He is just waiting to collect his own share of money from JEGA

Show me your friends and I will tell you who you are.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 21, 2010
Kiahy!!! ADEBOYE DO HAMMER!! GEJ Would have promised him another PRIVATE JET if those prayers get answered.

I MUST BECOME PASTOR FOR THE BOYS. man don too hustle.

BUNCH OF IDIOTS, sycophants and hypocrates. Na hell fire all of una go end .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by Nobody: 12:53am On Dec 21, 2010
Kiahy!!! ADEBOYE DON HAMMER!!  GEJ Would have promised him another PRIVATE JET if those prayers get answered.

I MUST BECOME PASTOR FOR THE BOYS. man don too hustle.

BUNCH OF IDIOTS, sycophants and hypocrates. Na hell fire all of una go end .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Prays For President Jonathan - Picture & Video by akinolasam: 1:18am On Dec 21, 2010
Matthew 23:14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.

and

pro01:

Isn't it terribly apparent that an awful lot of hypocrisy, selfishness and confusion characterizes christianity (especially pentecostalism) these days? A person provides CLEAR biblical evidence for his opinion, and the other person doesn't even attempt to negate the first person's logic, but instead resorts to providing another CLEAR but CONTRADICTORY biblical evidence to support his own subjective opinions. At the end of the day it's all a s.t.u.p.id, confused, irritatingly hypocritical merry-go-round charade. Since EVERYTHING can seemingly be justified by some obscure part (or interpretation) of the Bible, then isn't it all a big farce? Crazy.

I will not be surprised if to you there is no difference between the two scriptures. but let me try and help you;

1. good Christians and Bible students don't look for argument in what they read but inspiration.

2. Mat 23:14 was referring to Scribes and Pharisees (Those who presume they know what they do not know - Scribes, and those who are claiming to be righteous when they are rotten rags - Pharisees.)

3. Romans 10:13 however is referring to "CRIMINALS" like GEJ, who despite what they are still humble themselves to come to God. And I do not know of any man who is in the committee of those that approved which person is good enough to be answered.

it is neither your duty nor mine to tell God who to answer or who is a sinner.

appletango:

anyone who can't see this was a political stunt is a not-so-smart person.

gej isn't even a member of redeemed.

So, the Pastor is not allowed to pray for anyone outside the members of redeemed?

@ Becomerich?
Joh 9:31  Now we know that God heareth not sinners,,
All mankind are sinners, even God's elect; yea, those who are truly gracious and righteous persons; for there is no man without sin;
and God hears such who cry unto him; such people Christ came to save; for such he died; and these he calls to repentance;
every penitent sinner God hears:

And by "sinners" in the scripture you quoted above it means such in whom sin reigns, who live in sin, and particularly impostors.
The man that was healed takes up the word the Jews had made use of earlier to slight the person and ministry of Christ, Joh_9:24, and suggests, that had Jesus been a sinner, that is, an impostor, God would not have heard him, or have assisted him in doing the miracle just witnessed,
That God will not support an imposture, or cover and encourage a fraud; but that Christ was heard and assisted, was a plain case of Gods approval.
So going by your quotation, it is more applicable if we are talking about God hearing the prayers of Pastor Adeboye or not.
Because the point here is why should the Pastor pray for "CRIMINALS", I still wants you to know that it is such SINNERS/CRIMINALS that prayers are meant for.

Pls remember that even when God had done with King Saul because of disobedient, Samuel still maintained that he is obligatory to keep praying for him. It is not only Pastor Adeboye that should pray for GEJ, God said it is your civic responsibility (whether he is a sinner or not)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Boko Haram, Soldiers In Gun Battle In Yobe Town - Daily Post / Obiano Receives Aeriel Photographs Of Anambra (pics) / How Ex-boko Haram Leader, Shekau, Fled Without Pregnant Wife, Army Tells NHRC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.