Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,136 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified (47374 Views)

Uber Driver That Carried The Italian Coronavirus Patient In Nigeria Speaks / Nigerian Student Volunteers To Help Fight Coronavirus In Nanjing, China (Photo) / Coronavirus In Wuhan: ‘We Would Rather Die At Home Than Go To Quarantine’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Adalasy: 11:11am On Feb 28, 2020
codemaniacs:

people with melanin have strong antibodies.

you have no idea the benefits of having melanin.

people with melanin can survive a lot of diseases unless they are targeted or already infected.

if this virus has already infected a black person the person will die but will most likely survive longer than a white person.

Read my first comment because you are grossly ignorant
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by codemaniacs: 11:12am On Feb 28, 2020
zz
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by blowjohn(m): 11:14am On Feb 28, 2020
BennyDon:
Nigeria is a shithole for real. Our leaders are comedians. I expected more seriousness than what I'm seeing, especially with this corona virus. Thought the immigration polices would be strengthened in order to forestall likeliness of the virus here.

Nigeria, I hail thee!

The useless minister of health was talking about self quarantine instead of outright ban!
Now see the results.
Imagune allowing an Italian land on our soil. Italy wey people don dey die already
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by King2305: 11:15am On Feb 28, 2020
leokid866:

I know the dangers fully well, but even with all the travel bans other nations placed did they not still get it? Let's be honest we all knew this was coming and federal government have been doing screenings and supporting the NCDC since this thing started, I don't think they were looking to lose both ways, because a travel ban will equal less daily revenue and the virus will still find its way in.....just my thoughts.

Why do u so much care about revenue young man. Are u d new Account General of d federation��. Is airport d only place to generate revenue? What's actually ur problem with revenue. Mind u this travel ban is supposed to temporal till d whole hoax is over and not on all countries. Is it a big deal for a government to do for her citizen?
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by bigiyaro(m): 11:15am On Feb 28, 2020
adams123:

lack of understanding what? child of hate!!
father of hate, see how you are oozing hatred.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by blowjohn(m): 11:15am On Feb 28, 2020
codemaniacs:

you don't argue with people like that.

they are the "I am always right" type of people.

I tire o. Even donald trump has considered banning travelers from Italy just yesterday

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Saito20: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2020
WHO CURSED MY COUNTRY, NIGERIA?

Sen. Ajayi Boroffice raised the alarm of possible entrance of CORONAVIRUS into Nigeria yesterday. And on how our airports are open gates for CORONAVIRUS to comes into Nigeria. But unfortunately, we woke up this morning to hear that CORONAVIRUS has arrived Nigeria.

This is what he said yesterday.

NO SCREENING FOR CORONAVIRUS AT OUR AIRPORTS, ITS FRIGHTENING – Sen. Boroffice raises alarm.
Senate deputy leader, Professor Ajayi Boroffice, said there are no measures to check the spread of coronavirus into the country.

Speaking on the floor of the senate on Thursday Boroffice said upon his arrival at Nnamdi Azikiwe airport in Abuja from South Africa on Wednesday, passengers were only given a sheet of paper to indicate whether they were sick.

The deputy leader said that was not the case in South Africa as they were screened before he disembarked from the aircraft when he arrived in the country on Friday.

“I was in South Africa on Friday, I came back yesterday. Because of the issue of coronavirus, every country in the world is taking preventive measures because the wisdom is that prevention is better than cure. In South Africa, we were not allowed to leave the aircraft for good 30 minutes,” he said.

My take: When are we going to do things as it should be done in this country?
When do we begin to hold people in the power accountable for their lapses or ineptitudes?

I thought Minister of Health requested for #630m naira to prevent this virus for entering into Nigeria through our airports across Nigeria? What now happened to the money granted for this exercise?

I personally call on President Buhari to sack Minister of Health for dereliction of duty and that will serve as deterrent to other government officials.

Rise up to defend Nigeria.

May God heal our land.

Oshk Fela Castro.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by codemaniacs: 11:19am On Feb 28, 2020
zz

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by onahsity: 11:23am On Feb 28, 2020
Pls share o. Unconfirmed sources have it that the Italian carrier had gone clubbing and carried "ashawo" in Ikeja before he was detected so guys pls stay clear of runs girls for now. It is not a joke o. Prevention is better than cure o.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Germi9: 11:24am On Feb 28, 2020
leokid866:

Place travel bans on who? In a country that we are looking for money......they could have done better with their screenings at the ports but even you know no one would have signed for a travel ban.
This fire brigade approach,they had to wait for the virus to enter the country before they take action

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Aadiana(f): 11:33am On Feb 28, 2020
Exactly what I was saying.what of the people on the flight they should be quarantined including the pilot
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by younghartz(m): 11:34am On Feb 28, 2020
leokid866:

Even with a travel ban I ask again who do you want to ban the entire world? Do you think it is only through the airport it can come through? You forget we are a population of 200 million people who will still important one thing or the other from outside.....is it not a foreigner that will still bring it to your shores.....or you will ask them not to come down from the boats.....or are you going to block all shipping lines and starve because you don't want to get sick....you said they should place travel ban and ban who? Shey you will not still wake up in the morning to do business and sell your goods to the rest of the international community, you want Nigerians who handle business abroad not to go abroad or come back home? Im seriously asking because it seems you don't understand how countries run.

Ships coming into any port has Quebec flag hoist and it indicates something...
And yes you can make them not to come down from their boat by declaring all ports isps on level 3
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by ucham: 11:40am On Feb 28, 2020
Even Nigerian politicians who refuse to make the country better will be affected. It is now they will see what not having hospitals will cause.
All the thieving pastors and their sheeple members paying tithe come out and do this miracle and prove once and for all that you are not thieves.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by festus2001: 11:40am On Feb 28, 2020
Hmmmm.
May God help us
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by cjudy(m): 11:41am On Feb 28, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Which serious country value money more than the health of her citizens ?
NIGERIA
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by nograv: 11:46am On Feb 28, 2020
leokid866:

Even with a travel ban I ask again who do you want to ban the entire world? Do you think it is only through the airport it can come through? You forget we are a population of 200 million people who will still important one thing or the other from outside.....is it not a foreigner that will still bring it to your shores.....or you will ask them not to come down from the boats.....or are you going to block all shipping lines and starve because you don't want to get sick....you said they should place travel ban and ban who? Shey you will not still wake up in the morning to do business and sell your goods to the rest of the international community, you want Nigerians who handle business abroad not to go abroad or come back home? Im seriously asking because it seems you don't understand how countries run.

That is exactly what a pandemic entails. That is why stockmarkets around the globe are falling. It means everything becomes more difficult and economic activity stops as people stay indoors. As we speak huge parts of China are shutdown, there is no production occurring at all. Trade is instead done at arms length. In Britain quarantined people are made to stay in special facilities and only food is allowed in and out!!!

We should have prepared for this as others posters said. We didn't and instead we still kept allowing foreigners to come to our shores and they have brought this disease with them. Russia by contrast immediately shut its border with China and as yet has no cases. That is what a leader who cares for his own people does.

Instead the dullard left Nigerians open to this disease.. I curse people like you who defend the the indefensible...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by mrintellectual(m): 11:49am On Feb 28, 2020
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Westernlove: 11:50am On Feb 28, 2020
It's time to make money, Imagine look at how people are busy arguing and voicing out their opinions. I'm just here laughing lol. What were you people expecting before, Nigeria of all places. Nigeria na country? Very funny people. I was even surprised why the Virus hasn't even gotten here since. You people like to deceive yourselves a lot like you people are human beings too lol.....Abeg let me go back to the drawing board on how to perfect my plans.....

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by udemzyudex(m): 11:51am On Feb 28, 2020
Very useless government.

They prefer cure to prevention, useless set of people.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by udemzyudex(m): 11:52am On Feb 28, 2020
leokid866:

Place travel bans on who? In a country that we are looking for money......they could have done better with their screenings at the ports but even you know no one would have signed for a travel ban.

Very useless post.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by mindtricks: 11:52am On Feb 28, 2020
I trust Nigerian warped way of doing things as usual.
With such an irresponsible bunch of APC people at helm of affairs in Nigeria, we all know how the story goes. They are always busy pretending, talking tough yet going nothing. Do they ever care? They will never do what is obvious right to do. Yet for every failed leadership we have in Nigeria there is always a large base of followership and loyalist who will never see the evil their leaders do.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by leokid866: 12:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Adakintroy2:

Sharap!..we're you there with him when he was sharking star. You know people's brand!

When it's time to blame him for events of his administration you will. But give home credits for events of the same administration you wont. How is your commentary not biase.

It happen under his administration period. And it was well handled.

300 school girls were also kidnapped under is administration guess we should give him an award for that too.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Decallionaire: 12:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
I have received more than 50 broadcast on my WhatsApp about corona virus in Nigerian this morning.... They said Salt and Water during ebola, still waiting for what they will say for corona

Ah!! Haven't you heard? One dumb asshole made a WhatsApp voice note saying Garlic is the cure to Corona virus.

Does it mean the Chinese who died of the virus were people who never took Garlic?? As a matter of fact, Asians eat garlic so very much.

As for me, "He gives His angels charge over me. The horrors of the Egyptians is not permitted to affect the Israelites. In the same vien, I am Heavily defended."
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by leokid866: 12:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
President2031:

Let me me open your brain with this:

WASHINGTON: President Donald Trump on Wednesday said it was not inevitable that the novel coronavirus would continue to spread in the United States, as he said he is considering travel restrictions on Italy and South Korea and appointed his vice president to lead the response.

Have you seen that from your points of importation and and so on, abi USA does not import stuffs?

You must be below 18yrs or you’re a typical Fool.

People like you are the major problem we have in Nigeria with your backward reasoning.

Mumu
Okay.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by luluman: 12:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
DavidEsq:
Useless ppl. When we were all screaming that u guys should place travel bans, u wr all saying the foreigners should quarantine themselves at home. Why are Nigerian leaders useless like this?
Honestly now I believe there is something seriously wrong with Nigeria. This could be avoided with the said travel ban.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Ouchbabe(f): 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
ASk the incompetent dullard now, he will tell u that the pederal gwovament is kwontrolling it
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Stillthebest: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2020
kiyosaki1:

Which serious country value money more than the health of her citizens ?

Every country is at risk! They can't place a travel ban on all countries. Screening at The point of entry to Nigeria should be the best bet!
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Jersuiyjoe(m): 12:14pm On Feb 28, 2020
Maybe this corona virus will make Nairaland to shut down their
Service forever.
And there will be no Nairaland again. Hahahahahaha hhhaaaaaa
How bad. Hahahaha.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by mvem(m): 12:51pm On Feb 28, 2020
codemaniacs:

its was never "only a question of when we will get it"...

this would give the U.N, W.H.O and other international health organisations a way into Nigeria and destabilize Nigeria from within while people like you would happily welcome the UN, WHO e.t.c. and say they are the good guys.
WHO, UN etc are already in Nigeria...what are you saying...All UN NGOs have offices in every country
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by trutht828: 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
leokid866:

Stop sounding dumb. You Only ban any country that has also recorded the infection, like Italy, Iran, China, etc.

Stop commenting like someone with a leaky Brain.
Re: Coronavirus In Lagos Nigeria: The Italian Patient's Contacts To Be Identified by Reucy(f): 12:55pm On Feb 28, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
I have received more than 50 broadcast on my WhatsApp about corona virus in Nigerian this morning.... They said Salt and Water during ebola, still waiting for what they will say for corona

Ohh.. you've not heard about the garlic ish. I got the garlic broadcast this morning. I couldn't stop laughing...naija eeh.
Las Las we will all be fine

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lady Celebrates 3 Years Of Not Using Bathing Soap (Pics, Video) / 5 Nigerian Youths Develop Online Diagnostic And Tracking Kits To Fight COVID-19 / How Tramadol Destroyed My Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.