Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,964 members, 7,828,432 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:35 AM

Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities (36614 Views)

Aerial View Of The Nigeria Military Formation On Duty- Photo / Aerial View Of Tinubu's New Mansion In Ikoyi - Sahara Reporters (Photo) / Aerial View Of The Abule Ado Explosion In Lagos (Video, Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by totit: 6:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are probably the most honest writer here

Ibadan has better infrastructure than Onisha but Onisha has more industrial activities than ibadan being the industrial headquarters of the Eastern region.

The industrial headquarters of the west lies within Ogun and Lagos.

Although ibadan still has a lot of middle scale and Agro allied industries.

Have to give to that guy tho. He's honest indeed unlike those liars and trolls.

But..errmm. Ogun state is the most industrlised state in obodo Nigeria. grin

1 Like

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Iamgrey5(m): 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
totit:

Have to give to that guy tho. He's honest indeed unlike those liars and trolls.

But..errmm. Ogun state is the most industrlised state in obodo Nigeria. grin
Maybe, I am not entirely sure.

The rate of industrial development in Ogun state in recent years has been huge..

It seems more and more industries are popping up or leaving Lagos to set up shop in Ogun state, but I disappointed at the rate of Infrastructural development in Ogun state tbh.
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Anambralstson: 7:02pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Ibadan has better infrastructure than Onisha but Onisha has more industrial activities than ibadan being the industrial headquarters of the Eastern region.

Although ibadan still has a lot of middle scale and Agro allied industry.
Ibadan is the capital, Onitsha is commercial and industrial, Awka host more government infrastructures than Onitsha, Awka host more hotels than Onitsha, Anambra State is generally developed, developments isn't concentrated in capital unlike Oyo state

9 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by totit: 7:03pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Maybe, I am not entirely sure.

The rate of industrial development in Ogun state in recent years has been huge.

It seems more and more industries are popping up or leaving Lagos to set up shop in Ogun state, but I disappointed at the rate of industrial development in Ogun state tbh.

Ok. cool
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Iamgrey5(m): 7:07pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:

Ibadan is the capital, Onitsha is commercial and industrial, Awka host more government infrastructures than Onitsha, Awka host more hotels than Onitsha, Anambra State is generally developed, developments isn't concentrated in capital unlike Oyo state
Ibadan is also very huge and only about less than 1000km smaller than the whole of Anambra state.

Tbh, ibadan is probably light years ahead of other cities in Oyo state because it was once a regional capital and has enjoyed significant investment in infrastructure ever since.

Overall Anambra might have better infrastructure than Oyo state when we look at state to state basis, but Ibadan has better infrastructures than Onisha.

2 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Anambralstson: 7:19pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Ibadan is also very huge and only about less than 1000km smaller than the whole of Anambra state.

Tbh, ibadan is probably light years ahead of other cities in Oyo state because it was once a regional capital and has enjoyed significant investment in infrastructure ever since.

Overall Anambra might have better infrastructure than Oyo state when we look at state to state basis, but Ibadan has better infrastructures than Onisha.
I don't know why you guys keep deceiving yourselves,

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Anambralstson: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambra is second most densely populated state in Nigeria after Lagos, developments in Anambra covers virtual all areas

Largest build up areas in the world after Lagos next city in Nigeria is Onitsha metropolis

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 7:25pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:

Ibadan is the only city in Oyo state and the state capital, Onitsha is commercial and industrial city same as Nnewi, Awka is the capital of Anambra with more infrastructures so you judge holistically
ok Noted!!
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 7:32pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:

Although ibadan still has a lot of middle scale and Agro allied industries.
but it's quiet unfortunate Ogun is over taken Oyo in terms of economy, thou Oyo has the infrastructure Ogun do not have
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Thebwoy: 7:33pm On Feb 28, 2020
Sammy07:
How many malls does onisha has??

Ventura mall

Heritage mall

Jericho mall

Palms mall

Why go to shopping mall
When goods are cheaper at main market.

An average Onitsha trader will go to ShopRite not to shop but to know the new product he/she does not have in his shop and to place an order.

5 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by horsepower102: 7:36pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:
Anambra is second most densely populated state in Nigeria after Lagos, developments in Anambra covers virtual all areas

Largest build up areas in the world after Lagos next city in Nigeria is Onitsha metropolis

You posted 2018. Look at last year report.

3 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Guestlander: 7:50pm On Feb 28, 2020
sreamsense:
Op is very funny Land mass of Onitsha alone is 52 km square while Ibadan alone (not Oyo state) is 3,080 kmĀ² . About 3,028km2 gap between the two cities! Because Onitsha is very small, a local government in Ibadan is bigger than entire Onitsha city, houses are compacted and mostly built as storey buildings in Onitsha. Onitsha is under developed based on allocation + year of existence on small land. But Ibadan is very big, beautiful storey buildings are scattered. When you stand somewhere snapping ibadan, you are only snapping the part you see. You can't see or cover entire part because of size. You only snapped old part of Ibadan, but fail to capture emerging areas

What you wrote is too complex for them to grasp.
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by okpalaAnambra: 7:53pm On Feb 28, 2020
Kemz77:
Ibadan
Brown roof is all I see here
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Iamgrey5(m): 7:54pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:

Lalupon and Olodo is part of ibadan

You guys keep measuring half of ibadan

Lalupon is the home of Lagelu the founder of ibadan.

And there's also the width of ibadan which is quite bigger than Amambra

A straight line does not do justice to the measurement of the entire state or city.

6 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Gabriel004: 7:59pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:

Seriously you are very Ignorant, funny how you are comparing Akure to Onitsha, Akure Onitsha market feed, serious you really need to leave your enclave, Onitsha metro doesn't end in Onitsha North and South, Obosi alone is more populated than Onitsha, Obosi has the highest voting strength in Anambra State, Onitsha metro covers Onitsha, Ogbaru, Obosi, Nkpor, Ogidi, Oba, Ogbunike, Nkwelle, Number Umunya etc, that's why many of you are ignorants, except those that have visited, you only measure Onitsha forgetting the subs
Oga ade, if I am to leave my region, I am going to Europe or America, not your less privilege east, mind that. And I have been to all Eastern states. Been to onitsha. You can only deceive yourself Mr man.

All those towns you mentioned are not in onitsha or has anything to do with onitsha.

Obosi, Nkpor and ogidi are in idemili north local government with ogidi the headquarter.

Oba is in idemili south

Ogbaru is a local government of its own. Has nothing to do with onisha

Ogbunike, Umunya and Nkwelle are towns in oyi local government.

Stop lying.

So even among you, una still dey claim land. Not surprised you guys are claiming delta an drivers.
Totit, come and see how I exposed your friend Anambralstson o. grin

2 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Gabriel004: 8:04pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:

Kikiki, measuring from Awka to onitsha, while your map measured only Ibadan metropolis grin
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Gabriel004: 8:05pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:
Lalupon and Olodo is part of ibadan

You guys keep measuring half of ibadan

Lalupon is the home of Lagelu the founder of ibadan.

And there's also the width of ibadan which is quite bigger than Amambra

A straight line does not do justice to the measurement of the entire state or city.
The thing weak me. He should measure Ibadan to Ogbomoso and let us see

1 Like

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by horsepower102: 8:06pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gabriel004:
Oga ade, if I am to leave my region, I am going to Europe or America, not your less privilege east, mind that. And I have been to all Eastern states. Been to onitsha. You can only deceive yourself Mr man.

All those towns you mentioned are not in onitsha or has anything to do with onitsha.

Obosi, Nkpor and ogidi are in idemili north local government with ogidi the headquarter.

Oba is in idemili south

Stop lying.

So even among you, una still dey claim land. Not surprised you guys are claiming delta an drivers.

I think you totally misunderstood his point. He is talking about the metropolitan area.

For example the traditional city of Tokyo is small but when Tokyo is described as the most populated city in the world, they are also including the non traditional prefectures around it that has become submerged by the rapid development of Tokyo.

6 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by horsepower102: 8:09pm On Feb 28, 2020
Rapid growth of onitsha and surrounding areas is crazy.

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by ODVanguard: 8:22pm On Feb 28, 2020
Iamgrey5:

I think even Oyo residents are unaware of and underestimate the depth of the state's urban landscape. I have business interests at Oyo Town (comprising Oyo East, Oyo West, Afijio, and Atiba LGAs) and a house at an upscale part of the town known as 'Oyo London', which should be almost as big as Magodo phase 2, drone/aerial shots would attest to it. And the quality of houses in Oyo London beats anything these chestbeaters keep regurgitating on this forum, and are comparable to Lekki Phase 1 and Magodo 2 standard homes. Fortunately for them I have since dropped my dick-measuring garb ever since I realized that shyt's pointless really. Else I would have gone on a picture snapping spree just to prove a silly point. undecided Now, having said that, Ogbomosho, which should also have no less than a million inhabitants, is relatively more modern/developed than Oyo town. Then there're Saki West and Iseyin which also have their fair shares of modernity.

As per industrialisation, I think from what I've seen posted on here, the overall industrial strength of Oyo state beats Anambra's hands down. I was recently at Flour Mills of Nigeria/Premier Feeds Ibadan grounds and Amo Byng located at Aawe, and I just shook my head at the massive scale of their infrastructure and operations. Many more other industries dot the massive Oyo landscape but you don't see Yorubas coming here to splatter pictures of them all over Nairaland the way some insecure people are known to do.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Gabriel004: 8:26pm On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:

I think you totally misunderstood his point. He is talking about the metropolitan area.

For example the traditional city of Tokyo is small but when Tokyo is described as the most populated city in the world, they are also including the non traditional prefectures around it that has become submerged by the rapid development of Tokyo.
So you mean other towns should keep claiming others.
Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by totit: 8:31pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gabriel004:

Oba is in idemili south

Stop lying.

See finishing!!!

He must have thought some of us don't know what's there in southeast, or haven't been there before.

grin grin grin grin
Imao cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Biafrarep(m): 8:32pm On Feb 28, 2020
totit:

Baba foto cheesy

...Since 2009 grin

Give him some respect, he has really run you guys ragged, decimated you and bounced you all with facts and figures.

@, you are truly a son of the soil. I enjoyed the way you schooled these boys with finness grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Anambralstson: 8:33pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gabriel004:

Oba is in idemili south

Stop lying.

Your ignorance no get part 2, those sub towns are now part of Onitsha metropolis, you can hardly differentiate main Onitsha and those neighboring towns and LGs, that's why I said you measuring only Onitsha clearly shows you are ignorant, most of the major markets and industries are located in sub towns

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Biafrarep(m): 8:34pm On Feb 28, 2020
totit:

Baba foto cheesy

...Since 2009 grin

Give him some respect, he has really run you guys ragged, decimated you and bounced you all with facts and figures.

@, you are truly a son of the soil. I enjoyed the way you schooled these boys with finness, I doubt if they will ever cross your path again grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by totit: 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2020
Biafrarep:

@, you are truly a son of the soil. I enjoyed the way you schooled these boys with finness, I doubt if they will ever cross your path again grin grin

Says a defeated one. Pele, referee.
Typical of you lot.

When you are finally defeated you resort to reverse psychic.

Lmao grin

3 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:38pm On Feb 28, 2020
horsepower102:
Rapid growth of onitsha and surrounding areas is crazy.
fine and neat

2 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by totit: 8:39pm On Feb 28, 2020
Biafrarep:

With some random pictures, abi?

See another villager grin

He actually defeated everybody here with these selective pics, right?

Your logic is low!

Swift o jare cool

2 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Nobody: 8:40pm On Feb 28, 2020
Anambralstson:

You ignorance no get part 2, those sub towns are now part of Onitsha metropolis, you can hardly differentiate main Onitsha and those neighboring towns and LGs, that's why I said you measuring only Onitsha clearly shows you are ignorant, most of the major markets and industries are located in sub towns
just swallow your pride sir, onitsha north and South is too small to be compared to Ibadan LGs.. just that onitsha is heavily build up

1 Like

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Biafrarep(m): 8:43pm On Feb 28, 2020
Gabriel004:
[s]Oga ade, if I am to leave my region, I am going to Europe or America, not your less privilege east, mind that. And I have been to all Eastern states. Been to onitsha. You can only deceive yourself Mr man.

Oba is in idemili south

Stop lying.

[/s]

Please allow folks with interesting comments to contribute, what you typed here made zero sense and is only fit for the garbage.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Anambralstson: 8:45pm On Feb 28, 2020
ODVanguard:

I think even Oyo residents are unaware of and underestimate the depth of the state's urban landscape. I have business interests in Oyo Town (comprising Oyo East, Oyo West, Afijio, and Atiba LGAs) and a house at an upscale part of the town known as 'Oyo London', which should be almost as big as Magodo phase 2, which drone/aerial shots would attest to. And the quality of houses in Oyo London beats anything these chestbeaters keep repeating in this forum, and are comparable to Lekki Phase 1 and Magodo 2 standard homes. Fortunately for them I have since dropped my dick-measuring garb ever since I realized that shyt's pointless really. Else I would have gone on a picture snapping spree just to prove a silly point. undecided Now, having said that, Ogbomosho, which should also have no less than a million inhabitants, is relatively more modern/developed than Oyo town. Then there're Saki West and Iseyin which also have their fair shares of modernity.

As per industrialisation, I think from what I've seen posted on here, the overall industrial strength of Oyo states beats Anambra's hands down. I was recently at Flour Mills of Nigeria/Premier Feeds Ibadan grounds and Amoo Byng located at Aawe, and I just shook my head at the massive scale of their infrastructure and operations. Many more other industries dot the massive Oyo landscape but you don't see Yorubas coming here to splatter pictures of them all over Nairaland the way some insecure people are known to do.
You only know the ones in your domain, Go to Ogbaru, Nnewi, Azu Ogbunike and Anambra West known for Agro industries and feed your eyes, Anambra host four gaint rice milling plants in that area, check NBS statistics and know the gap Anambra gave Oyo in industrial sector

4 Likes

Re: Downtown Aerial View Of Two Emerging Nigerian Cities by Anambralstson: 8:47pm On Feb 28, 2020
Grgton:
just swallow your pride sir, onitsha north and South is too small to be compared to Ibadan LGs.. just that onitsha is heavily build up
I don't know why majority of you are very Ignorant, I said Onitsha metropolis doesn't end in Onitsha North and South, Onitsha metropolis covers other LGs and towns

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Rushing To Abuja Cannot Save Oyetola - PDP Mocks Tinubu / Chijioke Chukwu Beats His Wife, Chinyere Chukwu In Abia (photos) / Chimaroke Nnamani Declares Support For Kelvin Chukwu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.