Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,343 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:38 AM

How To Find A Boyfriend Online - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Find A Boyfriend Online (8162 Views)

Girl Blasted For Posting Intimate Pictures Of Herself And Boyfriend Online / What Do Guys Really Mean When They Ask A Girl If She Has A Boyfriend? / At What Age Should a Girl Have a Boyfriend? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Caradona(f): 1:21am On Jun 12, 2007
heaven forbids that i end up looking for a man online. either you're telling the whole world you're one ugly desperate chick who the world forgot or you're vengeful old mama
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by RichyBlacK(m): 10:25am On Jun 12, 2007
Caradona:

heaven forbids that i end up looking for a man online. either you're telling the whole world you're one ugly desperate chick who the world forgot or you're vengeful old mama

@Caradona
Firstly, online dating has only come to solve an age-old problem. In seeking a mate, why should you be restricted to your geographical location? Sure it may mean two things: (1) the people you come across do not find you attractive - rare, applies in special cases; (2) you do not find the people within your geographical locale attractive (more common). In Nigeria, in the 60's, 70's and 80's people actually decided to marry based on pictures alone. For example, an Ikot-Ekpene (IK) man working in Lagos as a tailor in 1970's Nigeria would send his black-and-white picture home through his friend who is a trader that regularly travels between Lagos and IK. The friend comes back with pictures of ladies interested in him solely based on his picture. He makes his choice based on the pictures and some words of advice from his friend. The marriage engine kicks off. This phenomenon wasn't restricted to Nigeria, it was happening all over the world. In Hawaii and the West Coast of the United States it was very common among immigrant Japanese and Korean workers.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Picture_Bride. Also, a movie was made concerning this: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114129/

What online dating has done is to enhance the distance dating process. Today, you not only see pictures, you also see writing style, listed likes/dislikes, opinions, voice sample, etc. Then, if phone numbers are exchanged, you can talk over the phone. I know a couple that see each other everyday via web cams on both ends! cheesy

So, online dating is simply a new technology to solve an old problem of geographical restriction. There is absolutely nothing shameful about it. I hope this helps.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by sammyjl(f): 10:31am On Jun 12, 2007
grin Ok, so you wanna seek for a man online. Who are we to criticize you in doing so. Sometimes you just can't find Mr right where you live, so seek somewhere else. It doesn't mean you are ugly or desperate if you are on the net looking for a guy. It means your brain is working and you are thinking of options. Better yet, why dont you go out more often, its also another way of meeting people. You might get the catch of the day.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by flakkydudu(f): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2007
Stop all this talk me a want a boyfriend online cos i'm so alone
i am a a 29 working lady, want an intersting and God Fearing God within the age of 29-32 let's talk
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by ajayi1(m): 5:13pm On Jun 12, 2007
LOL, It works
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Dynast(m): 12:54pm On Jun 13, 2007
peeped only?
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by cashbaby: 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2007
Tasiana,
U know something, r u not proud of ur beauty?
please, post ur pic back.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by uniquelove(f): 12:23pm On Jun 23, 2007
What are you still waiting for meet thousands of members online now at www.uniquelovers.com 60% of members are male while 40% are females so you stand greater chance of finding your perfect match, Join for free,
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by MP007(m): 3:18am On Jun 24, 2007
maybe its high time u posted 'how to find a gurlfriend online", all am seeing so far as freaks, super freaks !!!,
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by omogenaija(f): 4:00am On Jun 24, 2007
MP007:

maybe its high time u posted 'how to find a girlfriend online", all am seeing so far as freaks, super freaks !!!,

he really should grin
and moneymail u shouldnt 4get to shout me out when ur book comes out
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by coolcare(m): 5:32am On Jun 24, 2007
I see nothing wroung in online dating is jurt that anyone going in 2 it has 2 be very carefull
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Orosunnuku(m): 11:35pm On Jun 24, 2007
Nairalanders,
Beware of 419ners!!! Date with care!!!
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by ilabor: 2:57pm On Jun 26, 2007
the best way is to go on-line! grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by MILITIA(f): 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2007
@Topic

Na wah oh!  Has it got to this stage? shocked  Internet romance ke! shocked  May God help us! I will jump from one Naija party to another every weekend or attend every Naija wedding every Saturday of my life to catch "man" before I consider internet! Shoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by iice(f): 3:16pm On Jun 26, 2007
LMAO!
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by dashkk(m): 6:15am On Jun 30, 2007
is it possible when some guys pretend to be woman and now u fall into the INTENET SEA WITHOUT ANY BODY ABLE TO CATCH U THEN U ARE LOST.
SHINE UR EYES shocked
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Petal(f): 8:45pm On Jul 03, 2007
WHY ARE YOU AN EXPERT IN FINDING A BOYFRIEND ONLI.NE

YOU ARE A GUY MATE, YOU ARE NOT IN WOMEN'S SHOES.

I EXPECTED YOU TO SAY HOW TO FIND A GIRLFRIEND ONLI.NE.

YOU ARE NOT QUALIFIED TO GIVE SUCH LECTURE EXCEPT OF COURSE IF YOU ARE GAY!

I DO NOT MEAN IT TO OFFEND YOU IN ANY WAY.

By the way its online dating is for only girl's looking mate but for men as well.
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by swiftycool(m): 10:49am On Jul 04, 2007
Enters Room ,  undecided  reads a few comments from some chicks,  immagines thier future after thowing away good advice  cry shakes head and sighs  embarassed undecided sad 
gets out of room   lipsrsealed  cool  grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by bookione: 3:47am On Jul 05, 2007
smileyIt is amazing how many lonely people we have out there. People longs to meet Mr. right and Ms. right. Sometimes the process of finding the right person becomes very tideous and difficult as many men and women out there are living a life of deceptiong and pure manipulation.  People are now going online to search for the right person. As more and more people are getting comfortable with the Internet, more people are logging in to different forums, dating sites to look for a friend, lover or life partner.  The only thing with online search is that you may not really know the intent of who you are talking to or what they are up to. Be careful and choose wisely when looking for boyfriend online.

www.yourchristianzone.com
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by oshiokee(m): 4:26am On Jul 05, 2007
i don't mind the idea of the online dating. It's just people lie alot about their looks, location,sex, and generally about anything. But if you are pretty girl and u think you're pretty enough u can write to me oshioke@gmail.com or send me an IM
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by honeric01(m): 5:47am On Jul 06, 2007
Nigerians can waste their time on stupid issues
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by CoolJaguda(f): 10:50am On Jul 06, 2007
hmmmn. interestng comments. i know a Nigerian guy who married a black-American girl via online toasting. Matter-of-fact, the first time they met phyically was during the Nigerian bit of the wedding activities.

So, online work could work,
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by felia(f): 9:21pm On Jul 06, 2007
@moneymail. go to i am desperate.com you might find someone u never know until u try. LOL
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by honeric01(m): 3:09am On Jul 07, 2007
if you need a boyfriend, just send me a wink, i might as well be the guy you saw in your dream lol
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by PrincessMo(f): 8:28pm On Apr 30, 2008
LOL!! Well people sayin it doesn't work. . .
I met ma man online few years back.
Of course we met up and everything.
He's now ma baby's daddy.
So yeah u can meet sum1 nice online but
surely u have to meet up in person or it
makes no sense in the world. . . grin
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Viante(f): 8:45pm On Apr 30, 2008
Goodluck to yáll

finding?i neva finish finding the one wey dey ground

na d one wey dey air, wey get digital mask i go dey look for

i say again, goodluck to yáll!
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by tpia: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2008
@ topic:

It takes the kind of guts I dont have. undecided undecided undecided
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by MyAfriplac: 12:28pm On Jun 20, 2008
The beauty of the internet is that it opens up worlds and people that you wouldn't have otherwise met. There are some risk involved as there is never full disclosure. There are Nigerians and Africans all over the world and it wouldn't be possible to meet them all by staying at home.

www.myafriplace.com
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by quickygirl(f): 2:18am On Jun 21, 2008
lie
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by chamotex(m): 3:58am On Jun 21, 2008
@poster

are u getting paid for this?, if Yes, how do i join u so that me too can make some money. lol
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by Erny1990(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2018
For the fact that some persons are not lucky with dating online guy/girls doesn't mean it's not encouraging...
I've seen a lot of wedding frm the internet.
See..a female frnd of mine wil be wedding by january...so,its God..
I've been. Dating. My lover. For a Year. Now..she has Changed my life positively..
Some people meet online and also date online witout seeing the Person..dats Bad
Re: How To Find A Boyfriend Online by don4real18(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2018
Well, most of the dating sites are filled with prostitutes. You don't know who is who again

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dating Tips For Ladies- Ways To Make A Guy Go Crazy Over You / 3 Great Reasons To Have Sex When It's Raining / Beautiful Girl Spotted Hawking 'agbalumo' On The Street (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.