Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday (3083 Views)

Girl Fell For Cucumber Prank, she got H0rny And Wet In Public / So I Fell In Love Today.... / Man Narrates How His Girlfriend Fell For A Benz Owner And Slept With Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 11:51am On Mar 01, 2020
Yesterday, I went to a shop to purchase some curtains and while returning, I stopped at the shop of the man who sold me an AC some weeks ago and told him I will need a backup AC should this one I'm using breaks down during this excess heat period. Sadly, the price he gave me was outrageous, so I told him I'll be back.

At the front, 2 minutes away from where I bought a 6x4 24" foam for 45k last month, I saw another shop that sells foam, so I decided to stop and inquire to compare prices. As a poor guy like me, I love getting things at an affordable rate.

The first boy, about 15 years old came and I pointed a 20" foam and he said it's 60k. In my head, I said, "In Emmanuel's shop, I'll get it for 30k," so I ignored and pointed a bigger one, a 6x6 family size foam and he was mumbling with the price, so he called his elder brother from the other shop and he said it's 70k.

"70 what?" I asked and he smiled and said that is the price. Listen, I bought a 24 inches foam some weeks ago for 45k, so why will this one that isn't up to 24 inches be 70k? Is it because it's 6x6 and the other one is 6x4? "Yes," he replied, "and also, our own has more quality." "How do you know?" I asked. See, I'll pay 40k for this foam and I'll do the transfer instantly.

He disagreed with the 40k and decided to call his oga. Immediately he picked, they both started speaking Igbo and he told him there is a customer who wants to buy it for 40k.

The man shouted and said, "No, never. The last and last I can sell that foam is 50k. I even want to use that foam in the new apartment I'm moving in and also, that foam is original and it's not in the market again. If the buyer agrees 50k sell, else don't."

After the call, he gave me the phone to speak with his boss and the oga asked, "Do you speak Igbo?" "No, I don't, but I do understand 50%," I replied and we started using English.

"Okay, I'll pay 45k and it's the only thing I have," I begged the man on phone, but he gave me some cool reasons 50k is the last he will sell it and how his competitors sold it for 60k last.

I pressed the foam again to have a feel and yes, it was really worth it and it goes down and rises as if it has a spring inside like a spring bed.

Lastly, I transfered 50k to their UBA account. "E be like say all of una wey dey sell foam dey use UBA — this una UBA dey like give headache o!" I said.

Luckily, the money went through in less than a minute.

"Don't you need pillows," he asked. "No, I already have some pillows I bought some weeks ago." "How much you buy am?" the 15 years old boy asked as his elder brother was writing my receipt. "1,500 each," I replied. They both shouted and said it's expensive that they sell original Vita and Mouka pillows for just 1k.

"Hmm! Okay, bring 2 Vita and 2 Mouka lemme see," and he brought them and I liked them even more than the ones I bought for 1,500 each. So, I paid him 4k cash and took everything home.

When I got home, I realized what happened and why I bought the foam even at that price — which is above my budget.

It's because the man he called on phone created originality, urgency, unavailability, and scarcity scene to make me feel as if I'm lucky to have the last foam of that kind he wants to use in his new apartment.

To make people buy things or agree with you, Robert Cialdini, the author of INFLUENCE, outlined all the things you need to persuade people to buy or agree and that man used it on me and it worked.

Below is the foam and the pillow. So, go and read that book.

4 Likes

Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by namiji2598: 11:52am On Mar 01, 2020
cheesy

Why must it be *see below* like bet9ja scammmers
Why not jus pos them together with the thread?
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 11:53am On Mar 01, 2020
Read the book if you want to be more persuasive and make more money.

2 Likes

Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 12:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
namiji2598:
cheesy

Why must it be *see below* like bet9ja scammmers
Why not jus pos them together with the thread?

Lol.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by bigt2(m): 1:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
He used tactics on you and you fell. I can't fall for that. IMHOYou didn't reason that you were losing and not saving. You already had one, but got carried away by another.
BTW, seems you like having 2 copies of all.... cheesy
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
bigt2:
He used tactics on you and you fell. I can't fall for that. IMHOYou didn't reason that you were losing and not saving. You already had one, but got carried away by another.
BTW, seems you like having 2 copies of all.... cheesy

Though, it was worth it, so I don't feel cheated compared to the one of 45k some weeks earlier.

As the song goes, everything na double double. Lol.

God has a reason for making everything on our body double or more — except mouth and tongue.

One mouth so that we won't overfeed.
One tongue so that we won't say what will put us in trouble.
One dick so that we won't impregnate too many women.
One navel so that we won't be tickled there too much.

After that, every other things na double double. Think about it.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by ImahGabi22(m): 6:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
Good day Ilegend
I am an avid admirer of your work and your motivational words...While going through one of your numerous threads I stumbled upon one where you postponed a project till this year and coincidentally,I've gone through what u want to actually do numerous times and I have a lot of contribute . I would appreciate it if we could talk better .Thanks sir in anticipation.
Here're last words of the thread

So, I lost, but at least, I have a funny story to tell. Thank you for refusing to cooperating with me and making everything escalate. I'll put the project on hold till 2020 and look for someone else.

I'll gladly be the someone else sir.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 6:59pm On Mar 01, 2020
ImahGabi22:
Good day Ilegend
I am an avid admirer of your work and your motivational words...While going through one of your numerous threads I stumbled upon one where you postponed a project till this year and coincidentally,I've gone through what u want to actually do numerous times and I have a lot of contribute . I would appreciate it if we could talk better .Thanks sir in anticipation.
Here're last words of the thread

So, I lost, but at least, I have a funny story to tell. Thank you for refusing to cooperating with me and making everything escalate. I'll put the project on hold till 2020 and look for someone else.

I'll gladly be the someone else sir.

I wouldn't want to waste your precious time, so post the link let me see if the project has been abandoned. If it's about the one I told a guy to compile all the questions nice guys ask on a certain thread, then it's an abandoned project.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by bigt2(m): 8:48pm On Mar 01, 2020
iLegendd:

Though, it was worth it, so I don't feel cheated compared to the one of 45k some weeks earlier.

As the song goes, everything na double double. Lol.

God has a reason for making everything on our body double or more — except mouth and tongue.

One mouth so that we won't overfeed.
One tongue so that we won't say what will put us in trouble.
One dick so that we won't impregnate too many women.
One navel so that we won't be tickled there too much.

After that, every other things na double double. Think about it.
You garrit, we should have double wives too, right?
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 8:51pm On Mar 01, 2020
bigt2:

You garrit, we should have double wives too, right?

Seven wives in mind. My **** is too *** for only one woman to enjoy. I don't want her to die. There is love in sharing.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by bigt2(m): 9:01pm On Mar 01, 2020
iLegendd:

Seven wives in mind. My **** is too *** for only one woman to enjoy. I don't want her to die. There is love in sharing.
Loool. One traveling bag is enough, but you can have as many shuttle bags as possible cool

Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 01, 2020
n

Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 9:47pm On Mar 01, 2020
bigt2:

Loool. One traveling bag is enough, but you can have as many shuttle bags as possible cool

I laugh.

But, that will be cheating. I hate cheating, so I'll make all of them official.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by bigt2(m): 10:11pm On Mar 01, 2020
iLegendd:

I laugh.

But, that will be cheating. I hate cheating, so I'll make all of them official.
shocked

Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by Niom(m): 4:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
Hello ilegendd,
Could you be kind enough to share their address or contact so i can go purchase one for my friend
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 4:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Niom:
Hello ilegendd,
Could you be kind enough to share their address or contact so i can go purchase one for my friend

It's just the same thing as revealing the address of the zone I live, so I'm not comfortable with such info. I love anonymity in terms of location.

I think Anambra or Lagos will have it cheaper.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by Phenomenal16(f): 5:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
iLegendd:
Yesterday, I went to a shop to purchase some curtains and while returning, I stopped at the shop of the man who sold me an AC some weeks ago and told him I will need a backup AC should this one I'm using breaks down during this excess heat period. Sadly, the price he gave me was outrageous, so I told him I'll be back.

At the front, 2 minutes away from where I bought a 6x4 24" foam for 45k last month, I saw another shop that sells foam, so I decided to stop and inquire to compare prices. As a poor guy like me, I love getting things at an affordable rate.

The first boy, about 15 years old came and I pointed a 20" foam and he said it's 60k. In my head, I said, "In Emmanuel's shop, I'll get it for 30k," so I ignored and pointed a bigger one, a 6x6 family size foam and he was mumbling with the price, so he called his elder brother from the other shop and he said it's 70k.

"70 what?" I asked and he smiled and said that is the price. Listen, I bought a 24 inches foam some weeks ago for 45k, so why will this one that isn't up to 24 inches be 70k? Is it because it's 6x6 and the other one is 6x4? "Yes," he replied, "and also, our own has more quality." "How do you know?" I asked. See, I'll pay 40k for this foam and I'll do the transfer instantly.

He disagreed with the 40k and decided to call his oga. Immediately he picked, they both started speaking Igbo and he told him there is a customer who wants to buy it for 40k.

The man shouted and said, "No, never. The last and last I can sell that foam is 50k. I even want to use that foam in the new apartment I'm moving in and also, that foam is original and it's not in the market again. If the buyer agrees 50k sell, else don't."

After the call, he gave me the phone to speak with his boss and the oga asked, "Do you speak Igbo?" "No, I don't, but I do understand 50%," I replied and we started using English.

"Okay, I'll pay 45k and it's the only thing I have," I begged the man on phone, but he gave me some cool reasons 50k is the last he will sell it and how his competitors sold it for 60k last.

I pressed the foam again to have a feel and yes, it was really worth it and it goes down and rises as if it has a spring inside like a spring bed.

Lastly, I transfered 50k to their UBA account. "E be like say all of una wey dey sell foam dey use UBA — this una UBA dey like give headache o!" I said.

Luckily, the money went through in less than a minute.

"Don't you need pillows," he asked. "No, I already have some pillows I bought some weeks ago." "How much you buy am?" the 15 years old boy asked as his elder brother was writing my receipt. "1,500 each," I replied. They both shouted and said it's expensive that they sell original Vita and Mouka pillows for just 1k.

"Hmm! Okay, bring 2 Vita and 2 Mouka lemme see," and he brought them and I liked them even more than the ones I bought for 1,500 each. So, I paid him 4k cash and took everything home.

When I got home, I realized what happened and why I bought the foam even at that price — which is above my budget.

It's because the man he called on phone created originality, urgency, unavailability, and scarcity scene to make me feel as if I'm lucky to have the last foam of that kind he wants to use in his new apartment.

To make people buy things or agree with you, Robert Cialdini, the author of INFLUENCE, outlined all the things you need to persuade people to buy or agree and that man used it on me and it worked.

Below is the foam and the pillow. So, go and read that book.
...no wonder
U babe came around today
I can relate
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by Nobody: 6:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
The guy dey ball kan, spending money, enjoy jor, #holo.
Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by iLegendd(m): 11:29am On Mar 09, 2020
dancok:
The guy dey ball kan, spending money, enjoy jor, #holo.

Your type of people have no choice than to be successful.

People who talk like you are either successful already or are 100% sure they'll be successful soon, so they hardly hate on those who are currently enjoying because they know their time is coming.

But for those that are confused in life and probably know being successful will be the hardest thing for them, they'll hate and abuse people enjoying themselves because they know they'll probably never get there. They pour their frustrations on you as if you're the cause of their current predicament.

Until they change from this envious and abusive behaviors, success will elude them.

2 Likes

Re: The Wisdom Of An Igbo Man And How I Fell For It Yesterday by chizzypresh(f): 10:59pm On Mar 10, 2020
iLegend

(1) (Reply)

Veteran Singer Salawa Abeni Blackmailed Nude Photos Leaked / Could He Have Ignored? / See The Gift This Man Gave His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.