Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You (4081 Views)

Peugeot 407 - Do Car Sellers Intentionally Hide Problems When Selling Cars? / 9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / Read Why & How My Car Almost Got Seized By Customs Because Of These Car Sellers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by DigitalPastor: 12:04pm On Mar 01, 2020
Here are 5 lies I've noticed people that wants to sell their cars especially Nigerian used usually tell just to make you believe the car is in good condition. Feel free to add yours.

1) This car was used by a Lady;
Like bro,, really?? cool Ladies don't ply the same bad roads? Tell another lie bro.

2) You just need to top the gas, that's all;
Like seriously? It's that easy and you didn't top the gas before putting the car up for sale? Hahaha...run for your life buyer.

3) Someone has priced this car a higher amount;
So why u no sell am to the person na grin...if you know you know.

4) This car has no issue, I just need money urgently;
I hear u cheesy

5)) This car can travel the whole Nigeria without issues;
No wahala...shey na kabu kabu u use am dey run before ni grin

Feel free to add urz.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Nobody: 12:08pm On Mar 01, 2020
Hehehe
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by melviniyke2002(m): 12:16pm On Mar 01, 2020
Dis car nah ist body

5 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by DigitalPastor: 12:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
melviniyke2002:
Dis car nah ist body

With all the scratches you're seeing grin

3 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Heylius(m): 12:31pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ac chilling like Moscow abi e go hot like 9ja before

3 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Buffalo2(m): 12:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
The car was used by a banker grin

17 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Henryabuja: 1:17pm On Mar 01, 2020
The AC need gas cheesy cheesy cheesy

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by chillex8(m): 1:29pm On Mar 01, 2020
DigitalPastor:
Here are 5 lies I've noticed people that wants to sell their cars especially Nigerian used usually tell just to make you believe the car is in good condition. Feel free to add yours.

1) This car was used by a Lady;
Like bro,, really?? cool Ladies don't ply the same bad roads? Tell another lie bro.

2) You just need to top the gas, that's all;
Like seriously? It's that easy and you didn't top the gas before putting the car up for sale? Hahaha...run for your life buyer.

3) Someone has priced this car a higher amount;
So why u no sell am to the person na grin...if you know you know.

4) This car has no issue, I just need money urgently;
I hear u cheesy

5)) This car can travel the whole Nigeria without issues;
No wahala...shey na kabu kabu u use am dey run before ni grin

Feel free to add urz.
I find this particular one disgusting. Just kukuma say AC is bad.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by maynation(f): 1:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
3 and 4 are so common. grin

Japa biko.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Fogman(m): 2:24pm On Mar 01, 2020
6 month used

6 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by ndcide(m): 3:00pm On Mar 01, 2020
Any seller that behave as if I'm disturbing him/her when asking about the car, should just know that I won't buy.

Snapping pictures, as if you are hiding something.

Someone snapped a portion of the engine as 'engine picture' for me, I didn't bother telling him anything. I've moved on.

Like I tell people, most car sellers here, Irrespective of how they present themselves, hype a car, laugh at you that your money no reach.

They can scam you, if they have the chance, All of them, will sell a dead car to you, at a high price, if they have the chance to do it.

Honest car sellers are going into extinction.

Don't believe any of them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by buygala(m): 7:20pm On Mar 01, 2020
ndcide:
Any seller that behave as if I'm disturbing him/her when asking about the car, should just know that I won't buy.

Snapping pictures, as if you are hiding something.

Someone snapped a portion of the engine as 'engine picture' for me, I didn't bother telling him anything. I've moved on.

Like I tell people, most car sellers here, Irrespective of how they present themselves, hype a car, laugh at you that your money no reach.

They can scam you, if they have the chance, All of them, will sell a dead car to you, at a high price, if they have the chance to do it.

Honest car sellers are going into extinction.

Don't believe any of them.

Sir, you should go and learn how to use punctuation marks properly.

Your punctuation and grammatical construction can make a good and honest car become a stolen one...

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Nobody: 7:41pm On Mar 01, 2020
- Owner is relocating abroad.

-Vehicle was used by a Yahoo boy. He's broke and selling off

-Used by a pastor cheesy

13 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by sadeeq1111: 8:43pm On Mar 01, 2020
Them yappa only God can save us
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Piyke: 8:46pm On Mar 01, 2020
The radio just stopped working while I was driving down...

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by buygala(m): 8:53pm On Mar 01, 2020
Piyke:
The radio just stopped working while I was driving down...

grin

This is exactly what my friend was told by a guy who sold him a Peugeot 307 cry

A year plus and numerous rewires and scans later, the car radio is still dead as a doornail grin

6 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Piyke: 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
buygala:

grin

This is exactly what my friend was told by a guy who sold him a Peugeot 307 cry

A year plus and numerous rewires and scans later, the car radio is still dead as a doornail grin

I fell for the same line when I was getting mine!
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by freeman500: 9:54pm On Mar 01, 2020
Buy and drive grin grin
B4 nko? Na fly him wan fly?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by realphatphem: 12:48pm On Mar 02, 2020
It's a V6 but you won't know cause it doesn't consume fuel at all.. As if I4 and V6 mpg are both the same. Very poor strategy.

5 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by bigiyaro(m): 12:59pm On Mar 02, 2020

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by DigitalPastor: 6:47pm On Mar 02, 2020
bigiyaro:
hehehehe, see all in one placed
https://www.nairaland.com/5650437/clean-2012-honda-civic-sale

Hahaha...used by a banker grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Larwin(m): 7:20pm On Mar 02, 2020
I hate that number 1, cars used by a woman are worst maintained and serviced. They don't check for oil or leakages, their own is to kick and drive as long as the car still respond.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Mayor555(m): 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
DigitalPastor:

Hahaha...used by a banker grin

A car used by a banker, if true, is one of the best car to buy.

A banker's car is most likely always idle. Goes to the bank early morning retire home home by evening/night....i hope you get my drift.... If it's true, it can be great, really great.

Another one is of those who work offshore...
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Fogman(m): 11:44pm On Mar 02, 2020
Owner wants to upgrade
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Fogman(m): 11:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Owner have many cars
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Nobody: 12:05am On Mar 03, 2020
Mayor555:

A car used by a banker, if true, is one of the best car to buy.

A banker's car is most likely always idle. Goes to the bank early morning retire home home by evening/night....i hope you get my drift.... If it's true, it can be great, really great.

Another one is of those who work offshore...
Not true in most situations... Short runs causes sludge build ups...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Mayor555(m): 2:45am On Mar 03, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Not true in most situations... Short runs causes sludge build ups...

I think I'll need more lessons on that... And yes, I know it's not your duty to. So I'm not asking you, if you're not willing.

But for how long? How many years can short runnings bring damaging sludge? I know a banker who has changed his car twice within the last three years.

Another angle sir, buying a good car, is it always about the engine state? I think not!
I won't consciously buy a rough car with brand new engine, never! Especially when the roughness is not savageable.

But I'll gladly buy a very clean car with bad engine. Yes sir, it is what it is!

So sir, I'll stand by my point whilst learning more about short runnings and engine sludge.

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Nobody: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2020
Mayor555:

I think I'll need more lessons on that... And yes, I know it's not your duty to. So I'm not asking you, if you're not willing.

But for how long? How many years can short runnings bring damaging sludge? I know a banker who has changed his car twice within the last three years.

Another angle sir, buying a good car, is it always about the engine state? I think not!
I won't consciously buy a rough car with brand new engine, never! Especially when the roughness is not savageable.

But I'll gladly buy a very clean car with bad engine. Yes sir, it is what it is!

So sir, I'll stand by my point whilst learning more about short runnings and engine sludge.

Thanks
You're also correct.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Mayor555(m): 7:47am On Mar 03, 2020
Smartchoiice:

You're also correct.

Thank you.
Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Lexusgs430: 11:01am On Mar 03, 2020
'Nothing to fix'

A used car would always have something to fix, if inspected properly........ cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Top Lies 9ja Used Car Sellers Usually Tell Just To Scam You by Richie77: 12:50pm On Mar 03, 2020
THE CAR IS NOT REVING WELL JUST BECAUSE THE FUEL PUMP IS WEAK.
MY GUY, THE ENGINE IS DEAD .

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Does My Car Overheats When AC Is Switched On? / Speedometer Stops Working, Odometer Reading Wipe Off, Toyota Camry 1999 / 07-10 Toyota Camry Muscle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.