Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,112 members, 7,953,402 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:34 PM

His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home (3309 Views)

Nigerian Lady Gets A Job After Asking Her Late Sister For Help In A Dream / ‘my Brother-in-law Wants To Share Bed With Me’ / Mother In Law Wants My 2.5 Year Old To Sleepover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by Adgideon(m): 8:34am On Mar 02, 2020
rodgermetty:
well i dont think the mum will be interested in that, she warned him against marrying the lady, the mum want to see the decision the guy will take Afterall he has not beem telling them anything all this while
then in that case O. Y. O is his name, all the same let him give it a trail, put his foot down and fight 4 his right, if separation is the answer so be it, but he shud consider the children, if the mother refuse to live he shud leave the house 4 them, get another place , but he must not neglect his children
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by Adgideon(m): 8:40am On Mar 02, 2020
rodgermetty:
well i dont think the mum will be interested in that, she warned him against marrying the lady, the mum want to see the decision the guy will take Afterall he has not beem telling them anything all this while
in that case O. Y. O is his name, all the the same he shud give it a trial put his foot down and insist the mother leaves but if but mother and child stood their ground he shud get another apartment, but he must not neglect his kids
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 9:08am On Mar 02, 2020
Adgideon:
then in that case O. Y. O is his name, all the same let him give it a trail, put his foot down and fight 4 his right, if separation is the answer so be it, but he shud consider the children, if the mother refuse to live he shud leave the house 4 them, get another place , but he must not neglect his children
Not a bad idea
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by Skepticus: 9:08am On Mar 02, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

imagine?! sadly a lot of men dont think/act right.... after all this nonsense, this dude would still be trying to live with these freeloading ungrateful people.

These foolish love-crazed men deserve the shit they get for always rewarding the bad behaviour of terrible women and punishing the good ones.

Single Mothers are always a liability and their sense of entitlement is out of this world.
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by OKOATA(m): 9:12am On Mar 02, 2020
I see your friend as a weakling and a gentle man but here’s the deal your friend shouldn’t fight or anything. He should pretend like everything is ok whereby he will be devising his plans, first things first he should go and beg his mother, the mother will forgive him no matter what, then get a new apartment to relocate to without anyone knowing, if the other 3 kids are truly his he should plan keeping them with himself for the time being, he can bring someone like a cousin or family he trust to take care of his kids in his new apartment or even his own mother, just promise mom it’s for a little while and thats a nice separation and from there he will file for a divorce because sorry to say if he doesn’t divorce this evil woman he will be enslaved forever.
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by nnamdiosu(m): 9:28am On Mar 02, 2020
Mizwisdom:
If someone works for you will you just send him away without a reward? your Wife is threatening divorce because she knows her work load will increase in her mother's absence, her mum may also be giving her emotional support which is missing from you. Before you send her away, give her something tangible to live on for a while and promise to assist her financially if needed. She will leave asap. Good luck

1. What do u mean by workload? Is there any marriage without workload?

2. On the altar when they were being joined ad husband and wife, did the covenant include the mil? The moment he married her, the two became one

3. How can a man be threatened in his own house? It's just not right...

Anyway @OP, the above story shows the man is no longer the man if the house, and it'd so painful.
For a wife to threaten divorce for a matter like this shows the marriage has broken down since.

Solution
1. Immediately get the elders in the family to intervene. This matter is beyond the man. For this threat to be issued shows mother and daughter meeting has convened severally against you.

2. The man and wife need counselling. Serious one.

3. Prayers are also needed because I smell a ' like mother, like daughter syndrome' . i foresee see a wrestling tag team of 2 against you. May God help you , because this is truly a one chance vehicle.

Its well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 9:44am On Mar 02, 2020
Skepticus:

These foolish love-crazed men deserve the shit they get for always rewarding the bad behaviour of terrible women and punishing the good ones.

Single Mothers are always a liability and their sense of entitlement is out of this world.

probably true
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 9:45am On Mar 02, 2020
OKOATA:
I see your friend as a weakling and a gentle man but here’s the deal your friend shouldn’t fight or anything. He should pretend like everything is ok whereby he will be devising his plans, first things first he should go and beg his mother, the mother will forgive him no matter what, then get a new apartment to relocate to without anyone knowing, if the other 3 kids are truly his he should plan keeping them with himself for the time being, he can bring someone like a cousin or family he trust to take care of his kids in his new apartment or even his own mother, just promise mom it’s for a little while and thats a nice separation and from there he will file for a divorce because sorry to say if he doesn’t divorce this evil woman he will be enslaved forever.
very valid

1 Like

Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by LadySarah: 9:47am On Mar 02, 2020
He is cheerful giver.
Give me his address so we can ship more ppl there for him.
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 9:47am On Mar 02, 2020
nnamdiosu:

1. What do u mean by workload? Is there any marriage without workload?

2. On the altar when they were being joined ad husband and wife, did the covenant include the mil? The moment he married her, the two became one

3. How can a man be threatened in his own house? It's just not right...

Anyway @OP, the above story shows the man is no longer the man if the house, and it'd so painful.
For a wife to threaten divorce for a matter like this shows the marriage has broken down since.

Solution
1. Immediately get the elders in the family to intervene. This matter is beyond the man. For this threat to be issued shows mother and daughter meeting has convened severally against you.

2. The man and wife need counselling. Serious one.

3. Prayers are also needed because I smell a ' like mother, like daughter syndrome' . i foresee see a wrestling tag team of 2 against you. May God help you , because this is truly a one chance vehicle.

Its well.
its well
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by Skepticus: 9:54am On Mar 02, 2020
rodgermetty:
probably true

My advice to your friend who was too soft and docile, letting their bad attitude and sense of entitlement grow so much that they are threatening him with divorce in his own house, is to find his way by sending both wife and mother in law out of the house or leave it for them (if he can afford it), while making preparations for child support to his children.
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 10:18am On Mar 02, 2020
LadySarah:
He is cheerful giver.
Give me his address so we can ship more ppl there for him.
haba
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 4:21pm On May 22, 2020
The wife eventually brought a divorce letter and brought official to summon the husband today.
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by Cleobulus: 7:42pm On May 22, 2020
Your friend should have been sensitive enough to know that it is not proper to have his wife and mother under the same roof for so long, especially as he is never around. I want to believe the wife is either an only child or an only girl in her family because this is what usually cause so deep a bond between mother and daughter.

My advice is that he needs to handle this issue carefully. Firstly, he needs to develop a bond with his children. His wife could have been trying to shift their attention from him as their father. Then he should ensure he takes his children to see his own family. Yes the wife would raise a lot of dust but they are his children. He must stand for them. The children should not be brought up as if they have no father.

He can also ask some elders in the church to intervene if possible. His mother in-law has no right to take over his home.

The last resort may be to involve Social Welfare, at least to secure his home and kids. I believe the wife would also be adequately educated that she is married to the man, not her mother.
Re: His Mother-In-Law Wants To Arrest Him For Asking Her To Leave His Home by rodgermetty(m): 2:36pm On May 23, 2020
Cleobulus:
Your friend should have been sensitive enough to know that it is not proper to have his wife and mother under the same roof for so long, especially as he is never around. I want to believe the wife is either an only child or an only girl in her family because this is what usually cause so deep a bond between mother and daughter.

My advice is that he needs to handle this issue carefully. Firstly, he needs to develop a bond with his children. His wife could have been trying to shift their attention from him as their father. Then he should ensure he takes his children to see his own family. Yes the wife would raise a lot of dust but they are his children. He must stand for them. The children should not be brought up as if they have no father.

He can also ask some elders in the church to intervene if possible. His mother in-law has no right to take over his home.

The last resort may be to involve Social Welfare, at least to secure his home and kids. I believe the wife would also be adequately educated that she is married to the man, not her mother.
you are right, she is the only female but not the only child but the last born.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Womenís Attitudes Worsen After Marriage / Please Save A Sister On A Hot Seat, Before I Wil Be Sent Packing / Married Men Help Us Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.