Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,583 members, 7,812,909 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages (36471 Views)

Insecurity: We'll Shut Illegal Parks, Pull Down Uncompleted Buildings - Wike / Court Sacks Oluomo-led Parks, Garages Committee, Reinstates RTEAN / MC Oluomo Introduces Barcodes In Parks, Garages To Stop Crime, Kidnapping (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by PDJT: 10:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

This is Lagos State Government not Nigerian government.

What you are describing is responsibility of Nigerian government.
Lagos state government ONLY ONE out of 36 states.
It doesn't get the highest allocation.
Yet 10 % of Nigerians live there?
THAT is the issue
10 % of Nigerians did not live there when it was capital 30 years ago.
Now tha Tinubu and Fashola have transformed Lagos everyone is trooping down.
This is a political and restructuring issue.

Lagos state is not entitled to derivation on VAT at all.

VAT HAS INCREASED by 50 % and 55 % of VAT Is from Lagosians.

Those paying the most VAT are not these under bridge folk

If the rest of the country wants Lagos to carry it then you must pay.

Allow Lagos state to keep money generated there. It doesn't need any oil money.

Otherwise go back to Abuja

VAT alone can sustain Lagos if these guys go back

-Are you not forgetting that fact that Lagos belongs to Nigeria and Nigerians? Or Una no de do “One Nigeria” again?

-Your ugly elitist posture and day-light tribalism will give Mugabe and Idi Amin a run for their money.

-Lol @ VAT alone can sustain Lagos. Is that conclusion from Oshogbo school of economics or you think an economy is static or your Lagos has a Money-Tree?

-Lagos doesn’t need any oil money my foot. When are you going to refund the oil money already spent to develop the shithole called Lagos?

-Let me tell you little man; inasmuch as Nigeria remains and stays an unjust lobe-sided estate of the British with the elite Fulani as the Bourgeoisie, expect your fellow Nigerians in Lagos.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by IgboSomalia: 10:56pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Exactly...do your job....enforce your laws with human face...

The way they did it with human face that Onitsha, Aba and Umuahia became top 10 most polluted cities in the world.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 10:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
IgboSomalia:

You never run out of Idiotic questions.

You think others would tolerate the nonsense you guys do in your backwards states?
You are from Igboland. Have you ever held the SE Governors responsible for the mess that states like Abia have become? No. You prefer to jump into Lagos affairs, meanwhile your state is decrepit.

By their fruits we shall know them....I wont descend with you to this low....Enjoy your evening...
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 10:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
IgboSomalia:

The way they did it with human face that Onitsha, Aba and Umuahia became top 10 most polluted cities in the world.

Enjoy your evening...
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by IgboSomalia: 11:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
[s]
PDJT:

-Are you not forgetting that fact that Lagos belongs to Nigeria and Nigerians? Or Una no de do “One Nigeria” again?

-Your ugly elitist posture and day-light tribalism will give Mugabe and Idi Amin a run for their money.

-Lol @ VAT alone can sustain Lagos. Is that conclusion from Oshogbo school of economics or you think an economy is static or your Lagos has a Money-Tree?

-Lagos doesn’t need any oil money my foot. When are you going to refund the oil money already spent to develop the shithole called Lagos?

-Let me tell you little man; inasmuch as Nigeria remains and stays an unjust lobe-sided estate of the British with the elite Fulani as the Bourgeois, expect your fellow Nigerians in Lagos.
[/s]

Bla bla bla. That's how you Igbos poke your noses in Lagos affairs all your lives while your ancestral land lies in ruins. Eventually, you are carried to your state for burial as if your state is a cemetery.

All lands in Lagos belong to the Governor. He uses it for the benefit of those valuable to Lagos. If you don't like it, you can run to Abidjan.

1 Like

Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by IgboSomalia: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:

By their fruits we shall know them....I wont descend with you to this low....Enjoy your evening...

No one appointed you the special adviser on Lagos affairs. Fix your state and let us see before jumping up and down to offer unsolicited advice on how to run Lagos.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by IgboSomalia: 11:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
RuddyFusion:
Enjoy your evening...

Likewise
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by bonnyhope: 11:12pm On Mar 02, 2020
0m0nnakoda:

Lagos state is one of 36 states and the smallest one.

The whole country cannot migrate to Lagos.

Lagos state government cannot accept responsibility to cater for all the destitutes in the country.

It cannot be argued that arriving in Lagos from Aba or Gusau today means immediate entitlement to be catered for by existing taxpayers.
Where is the money to pay for these "alternatives" going to come from?
Would you be willing to pay an "ALTERNATIVE TAX"?
Should government Tax the existing population to encourage further migration ?

The country has collectively rejected a special status for Lagos and must face the consequences

Why don't they tolerate this rubbish in Abuja?

What is good or bad fo Abuja is good or bad for Lagos

My view is Lagos should be for indigenes and people who have the means to look after themselves and pay tax,not destitutes

The indigenes are dirtier than the migrants, several times I have witnessed it, they watch dishes in their houses and come to the main roads and pour the waste water even where there is gutter, atimes you see food particles in that waste.
I am not against what the govt is doing but don't say it is migrants that makes the environment untidy
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Prechy08(m): 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
that is how they will be spraying new Virus now, how can they be lifting plank from gutter with bare hands? no glove or even mask
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 11:15pm On Mar 02, 2020
bonnyhope:

The indigenes are dirtier than the migrants, several times I have witnessed it, they watch dishes in their houses and come to the main roads and pour the waste water even where there is gutter, atimes you see food particles in that waste.
I am not against what the govt is doing but don't say it is migrants that makes the environment untidy
Are we discussing Aba?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by 0m0nnakoda: 11:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
IgboSomalia:

No one appointed you the special adviser on Lagos affairs. Fix your state and let us see before jumping up and down to offer unsolicited advice on how to run Lagos.
I wonder o
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by PDJT: 11:24pm On Mar 02, 2020
[s]
IgboSomalia:

Bla bla bla. That's how you Igbos poke your noses in Lagos affairs all your lives while your ancestral land lies in ruins. Eventually, you are carried to your state for burial as if your state is a cemetery.

All lands in Lagos belong to the Governor. He uses it for the benefit of those valuable to Lagos. If you don't like it, you can run to Abidjan.
[/s]

-Says someone who dreams and aspire to become an Igbo man. grin
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by delpee(f): 11:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
What baffles me is that there's market space within Ijeh barracks which these women can use. Some are said to have stalls/shops in the market but prefer to have a "branch" on the pavement by the roadside. That's not good if true. It's assumed that they're mostly officer's wives so POWA should create spaces for them instead of building expensive shops for letting to more comfortable people.

I do empathize greatly with our poor long suffering women especially. There has to be a way of providing affordable stalls off the road for their enterprise. Many indeed are breadwinners in their families.

Unfortunately, if all that we do is to apply sentiment, we'll be living in very dirty and unsecured environment. This could be harmful to our health in the long term.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by macklef(m): 12:26am On Mar 03, 2020
neutralmind:
Okay....

Learn how to produce hand sanitizers and make good profits. Its the fastest selling product in Nigeria today.

Take advantage of the huge demand

Check my profile for more details
i know u want corona virus to last longer so ur biz can boom. You just mass produce now, let us buy from u.
Huge demand my foot
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by macklef(m): 12:33am On Mar 03, 2020
slimfit1:
Why can't they invest in this
Hope it doesnt consume fuel n cant be indiscriminately stationed on the road.
Besides consider 200 traders in obalende having this, how will it not impede traffic
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by joeluv: 2:46am On Mar 03, 2020
Are they really the cause of obalende traffic? I think that traffic is caused by buses
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by COMPAQ(m): 4:37am On Mar 03, 2020
RuddyFusion:
mY PROBLEM with most of these things our Government do is that.....They don't provide alternatives to those poor people....They don't give them enough time...No single human face to their approach..they always carry out this thing as if the masses are their enemy..With the enforcers ending up sharing their wares among themselves...

Every law enforcement drive here is never for the sake of enforcing the law but for the benefit of a selected few and the enforcers are all OUT TO STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY.....

In developed nations Government exist to help and work for the betterment of the people and society....

Here Government especially this APCSHIT works to punish the people..They are always looking for more ways to punish and further compound the sufferings of the ordinary man in the street....

I'm tired of all these arguments of government not providing alternatives!! What alternatives should government be providing for illegal acts that should never have been allowed to occur on the first place? Look at the pictures of people trading over gutters. Eventually ask their waste and plastic bottles end up in the gutter, blocks it then causes flood.

At that point we'll all complain about government inaction and incompetence, but this is where it starts from.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by MetaPhysical: 5:36am On Mar 03, 2020
Good job!
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Vcblinks(m): 8:03am On Mar 03, 2020
That plays need help and also pack all that ashawo out of there.That place is so irritating
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by lanreblow: 9:36am On Mar 03, 2020
[quote author=RuddyFusion post=87111892]mY PROBLEM with most of these things our Government do is that.....They don't provide alternatives to those poor people....They don't give them enough time...No single human face to their approach..they always carry out this thing as if the masses are their enemy..With the enforcers ending up sharing their wares among themselves...

Every law enforcement drive here is never for the sake of enforcing the law but for the benefit of a selected few and the enforcers are all OUT TO STEAL, KILL AND DESTROY.....

In developed nations Government exist to help and work for the betterment of the people and society....

Here Government especially this APCSHIT works to punish the people..They are always looking for more ways to punish and further compound the sufferings of the ordinary man in the street....[/quote

Who are the poor people? Many of those staying in shanties in Obalende are not poor, they have only taken advantage of the Gov't's laxity. I live on the mainland while working on the island. I pay exorbitantly just to survive in Lagos. If you can't get a job or do your business in the right way, then people should go back to their villages to farm. Don't dirty and spoil Lagos just because you are poor.
To say that gov't ought to provide alternatives for them would infer that gov't ought to provide alternatives for at least 1 million people. It is unrealistic. Gov't can but do little.
Let everybody go back to their villages. I would be glad to get a sane and clean environment to farm, not stay in Lagos and shit in gutters, have nowhere to stay all in the name of living in Lagos.
This is solely my opinion and perhaps the opinion of some learned long-stayed Lagosians that I know.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by justtoodark: 10:21am On Mar 03, 2020
the ol place is a mess because of this street market people....

nobody said you shouldnt make money but this mess is too much....

block drainage,dont clean the mess of their customers,hawkin on the streets....

should lagos become like aba....??
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by wellmax(m): 10:23am On Mar 03, 2020
Handsome13:

Thank you dear. But note that there is nothing like jamb common entrance. It's "jamb".

For your information, what you saw there was deliberate. If only we can just learn to mind our business, it would've bin better for us all.

[b]Av [/b]you ever tried to put [b]ur [/b]self in the shoes of those poor traders? Many are the breadwinners of their family. Now you [b]av [/b]gone to displaced them. What alternative has the government put in place for them?

Na my mouth you wan for hear eye & order ba? Am coming

Olodo , didn't you see I cancelled out JAMB. Because you don't seem to be qualified for JAMB hence Common entrance
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by justtoodark: 10:24am On Mar 03, 2020
then they say nigeria na shitthole....
but na the same them dey mess the ol place up....
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by wellmax(m): 10:24am On Mar 03, 2020
RuddyFusion:

And who do you blame for this? The citizens or the government?

I blame Buhari for telling people to do things anyhow, be lawless once it is about finding daily bread.

Are you happy now?
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by justtoodark: 10:26am On Mar 03, 2020
wellmax:

I blame Buhari for telling people to do things anyhow, be lawless once it is about finding daily bread.

Are you happy now?

yeah yeah....with jonathan nigeria was paradise....
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by RuddyFusion(m): 10:44am On Mar 03, 2020
wellmax:

Are you happy now?

You're happy that's ok
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by Cyynywhite: 11:54am On Mar 03, 2020
I'm more concerned with d mad traffic everyday on third mainland bridge... I mean something should be cleared to ease traffic na abeg....
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by jaxxy(m): 12:18pm On Mar 03, 2020
Is that the uniform u use for clean up This paparazzi lagos government sha undecided
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by erico2k2(m): 12:24pm On Mar 03, 2020
stanliwise:
Truth be told, lagos is overpopulated with all kind of people and things, the poor never reduces, Every now and then thousands are flocking in every time, how many people can you cater for. You can't help other 35 state do their job. A time would come you have to take drastic decision and practically chase out some relocators back to their village. The rate of road blockage and traffic is overwhelming.
Let Other state do their own job.
there you go , if you are any close to reality the poorest people in Lagos are Lagosians themselves as those you think came to Lagos to hustle came with extra funds to hold themselves.
Re: Clean-Up Committee Eases Traffic In Obalende, Clears Illegal Parks, Garages by erico2k2(m): 12:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
COMPAQ:

I'm tired of all these arguments of government not providing alternatives!! What alternatives should government be providing for illegal acts that should never have been allowed to occur on the first place? Look at the pictures of people trading over gutters. Eventually ask their waste and plastic bottles end up in the gutter, blocks it then causes flood.

At that point we'll all complain about government inaction and incompetence, but this is where it starts from.
there are free space govt can allocate to these people, loads in Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prosecute Soldiers Involved In Lekki Shootings, Reps Tell Buhari / Who Is Afraid Of Imaan Sulaiman-ibrahim? / IPOB September 14 Sit-At-Home Order: Police Speak, Vow To Arrest Lawbreakers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.