Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) (863 Views)

Help! My Wife Is Unable To Get Pregnant / Lady takes her 'Pre-burial Photos' (Photos) / How Do I Tell My Parents I Have A Daughter? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Mar 02, 2020
Kate explains her husband and her went through soul-destroying rounds of IVF. Sees Poppy, as her substitute daughter and wants her to be treated like child

A woman who is unable to have children has said her trusted dog is like a substitute daughter to her, and believes she should be given the same privileges as a child.

Kate Taylor, 42, from Calne, Wiltshire, adopted her cross-breed Poppy, now 13, when she was only ten weeks old while struggling to conceive with her husband, Rob, and says she cares for her pet the way she would a child.

She has decided to work from home as she cannot bear to be away from her pooch for more than three hours at a time. For this reason, she is pushing for dogs to be accepted in all public spaces the way children are.

Furthermore, Kate explained that ‘perceptive’ Poppy saw her through moments in her life where she could not see ‘the light at the end of the tunnel,’ and helped her carry on.

In her words:

Why should being a mum mean you have to give birth? I’ve come to realise that being biologically related to someone is the least of what makes you a mother. Motherhood is so much more than that. It’s about loving someone unconditionally, nurturing and caring for them. Putting their needs before your own. ‘The void childlessness has in my life has been very much filled by my dog Poppy, who I treat and love like any mum would their daughter.

She went on to argue that children can be as ‘difficult’ as dogs, and a child is as likely to misbehave as a dog is to ‘bark and bark.’

She added that whether it comes to dogs or children, ‘you know your offspring well enough to know how they’ll behave.’

Kate would even love to be able to pay a fee so Poppy could be by her side on a night out.

Speaking about her husband, though he loves the puppy, he does not share the kind of bond his wife shares with the dog.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-8043343/Woman-struggled-conceive-says-dog-Poppy-13-treated-like-actual-child.html

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Pics

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 02, 2020
Awwwnnnnn smiley

1 Like

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Makavelli25: 8:36pm On Mar 02, 2020
Khiaaaa Oyinbo eh Ori wan ti buru..

1 Like

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Thrill4christ(m): 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hmmmm.
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by IsaacRocks(m): 8:45pm On Mar 02, 2020
Ha
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by donbachi(m): 8:54pm On Mar 02, 2020
No animal wether existing,to exist in future or gone into extinction....can ever take a child place...she could be a lover of dogs,but not a choice in place of a child.

1 Like

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by GHoJes: 8:57pm On Mar 02, 2020
This dog no come life come suffer.

4 Likes

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by NextD18: 8:58pm On Mar 02, 2020
That dog can only substitute a daughter, not a son.
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Bluntguy: 9:10pm On Mar 02, 2020
Thought as much. A white lady.
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by Yustash001(m): 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2020
After all, half bread is better than none...
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by chatinent: 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
So beautiful.
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by ValCon888: 9:27pm On Mar 02, 2020
I know she thinks she's happy, but I'm sad for her because the dog will not grow up to visit her during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The dog won't take her to the hospital when she's old and sick. Neither will the dog give her grandchildren.

She should keep deceiving herself.

3 Likes

Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by scarybeeeee: 9:38pm On Mar 02, 2020
Boss baby really fought against this kind of drama.
Boss baby won't like this.
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by pbethel: 11:23pm On Mar 02, 2020
I guess baby adoption is burdensome to them?
Re: A Woman Who Is Unable Conceive Takes Her Dog As Substitute For A Daughter (Pix) by dangotesmummy: 8:08am On Mar 03, 2020
ValCon888:
I know she thinks she's happy, but I'm sad for her because the dog will not grow up to visit her during Thanksgiving and Christmas.
The dog won't take her to the hospital when she's old and sick. Neither will the dog give her grandchildren.

She should keep deceiving herself.
some human children sef don't visit, provide or care for their aged parents but when they die they're ready to buy 2, cows and rent 5, million naira hall for burial ceremony

Some parents didn't wait to see their grandchildren before they died.some didn't even have grandchildren before they died

Life doesn't always gives us what we want at least the woman has made several attempts at having children.her weird kind of motherhood is her own normal

Yoruba say an abnormality in one person's house Can be a norm in some one else's house

For example in our house we don't eat ogbono.the smell of it lasan naeseates and upsets my tummy but you will see some omo nna gulping it with akpu like their life depends on it.meaning our own abnormal is their normal.so no black and white stipulated rule to life and dealing with diverse situations.just do what works for you.thats all

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Help. What To Do With My Father's 4 Bookshelfs Filled With Books. / Sickle Cell Child / Bride Dumps Groom On Wedding Day After She Discovered He Is Married With 3 Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.