Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,371 members, 7,822,743 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care (2031 Views)

See What Girls Of Nowadays Do. I'm Happy I Don't Have A Sister / Hop In and See What My Ex Just Sent Me. Very Useful Though / Guys Hop In Here. Does These Things Attract You ?(PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
Hello my fellow nairalanders...
Ive been an ardent follower of this forum for quite some time now and only joined yesterday to share something that has been bothering me for some time now.

My fiance and I were in the same state Enugu, nmaku precisely before I relocated to Lagos to work with my uncle. This was in September last year.
Initially we were communicating like everyday but as time went on, work became very tedious that I reduced to like once in three days.to which he saw reasons and understood.

Problem now is, he called early Feb to tell me to either quit my uncles job or forget about our relationship... I was shocked and didn't know what to say. so I told him to give me some time to give him feedback. But now, I don't know what to tell him cos I need the job and we have come a long way and he called me last week saying this first week of March is the dead line...
Please what should I do? I'm in a fix now.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Insults are not welcomed please.

1 Like

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by chatinent: 9:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
Can he pay you monthly salaries at equilibrium to what you earn? If he can't, ignore that judas who wants to ruin your life using marriage as subterfuge.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Bigdre31: 10:00pm On Mar 02, 2020
If he can provide what you work for @ your uncle's place in Lagos , I'd advice yuonquit asap
if not , let it slide . You wernt his for the taking
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by donbachi(m): 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
Future future future....na money be future my sister...cos if a pastor or any spiritualist tell u sey "u have a bright future"..na money be d first thing wey go enter ur mind.no be husband...if him truely love u,make him reason with u and understand Wetin dey on ground...if him no fit,find ur sef one bobo for nairaland....no dulling...I still dey sorry for d guy sha..konji go don finish d guy...wen him remember how u dey give am d chonko.

2 Likes

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
Dear Nairaland members,
I tender my apology. I booked this comment space without reading the thread's story. After I read the story I realized I had nothing reasonable to say since I've never been in a romantic or sexual relationship. I think it is better to keep mute than say what will put someone's relationship in double jeopardy.

Mention me and I'll bring your comment to this spot after payment of a non refundable price of a strand of pubic hair from the pussy of a female dragon .
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by NextD18: 10:01pm On Mar 02, 2020
How can a reasonable lady contemplate choosing a sex partner over her paying JOB?

How about common sense?

2 Likes

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by SavageBoy: 10:02pm On Mar 02, 2020
Eggshells:
Ive been an ardent follower of this forum for quite some time now and only joined yesterday to share something that has been bothering me for some time now.

My fiance and I were in the same state Enugu, nmaku precisely before I relocated to Lagos to work with my uncle. This was in September last year.
Initially we were communicating like everyday but as time went on, work became very tedious that I reduced to like once in three days.to which he saw reasons and understood.

Problem now is, he called early Feb to tell me to either quit my uncles job or forget about our relationship... I was shocked and didn't know what to say. so I told him to give me some time to give him feedback. But now, I don't know what to tell him cos I need the job and we have come a long way and he called me last week saying this first week of March is the dead line...

What will happen after you quit?

will he give you another job?

Have you tried discussing things with him to know why he's asking you to quit?Is it because of the distance,or is there something else?

True love should be understanding, selfless and patient.

If the love he has for you is genuine and the reason for your working with your uncle is also serious and genuine, he'll try working things out.

If he still insists on you leaving the job without any tangible reason and has refused to work things out,and he's still insists on you choosing between the relationship and the job.Then you had better leave the relationship jejely

Or else you'll end up losing at both ends.
That's my own 1cent

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Owiii(m): 10:03pm On Mar 02, 2020
This is a dilemma. Are you willing to let go of the relationship because of the job or you are willing to let go of the job because of the relationship? Besides what kind of job will keep you away not to speak with him for two days if you love him as claimed? Choose wisely!!!!
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 10:17pm On Mar 02, 2020
SavageBoy:

What will happen after you quit?

will he give you another job?

Have you tried discussing things with him to know why he's asking you to quit?Is it because of the distance,or is there something else?

True love should be understanding, selfless and patient.

If the love he has for you is genuine and the reason for your working with your uncle is also serious and genuine, he'll try working things out.

If he still insists on you leaving the job without any tangible reason and has refused to work things out,and he's still insists on you choosing between the relationship and the job.Then you had better leave the relationship jejely

Or else you'll end up losing at both ends.
That's my own 1cent

Its because of the distance. He's loosing his calm.
Thanks for your input. I appreciate.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 10:18pm On Mar 02, 2020
chatinent:
Can he pay you monthly salaries at equilibrium to what you earn? If he can't, ignore that judas who wants to ruin your life using marriage as subterfuge.

Hmm...OK. Will give this a serious thought
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 10:21pm On Mar 02, 2020
Owiii:
This is a dilemma. Are you willing to let go of the relationship because of the job or you are willing to let go of the job because of the relationship? Besides what kind of job will keep you away not to speak with him for two days if you love him as claimed? Choose wisely!!!!

OK. Thanks
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by dkdmy: 10:34pm On Mar 02, 2020
Talking once in three days is not a sign of a healthy relationship! How busy are you guys that you can’t atleast chat?

Anyways, don’t quit your job o. Times are hard

2 Likes

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by ghettochild4u(m): 12:30am On Mar 03, 2020
chatinent:
I concur
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Kingsteve(m): 12:45am On Mar 03, 2020
@ OP, Buhari has this to say to you.

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by yomi007k(m): 1:03am On Mar 03, 2020
Call him and talk to him using sweet words.

You call your fiance once in 3 days that's AWFUL. You have made him tire of the relationship while u didn't invest time in it yourself.
Attention is one of the Love languages others include words of affirmation, Touch,Gifts,Service. Does he get all these languages from you?

People think money is everything.

Well if he is not worth it then you can quit but I believe you can keep your man and keep your job, you just need to make sacrifices and that's what's love is all about.
Relationships involve work, commitment. It don't just happen sometimes. Go ask our parents.

No more Love in this world, I don't blame the world.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:05am On Mar 03, 2020
Eggshells:

Define uncle.

2 Likes

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Sotland: 1:18am On Mar 03, 2020
I want You to ask your so called boyfriend a simple question.. Is he prepared to marry you without any excuse once you quit the job? If he is not, I advise you still to your job.. Love comes unconditional, so no matter how far you have come with him, once there is a conditional attached to it, then check that so called love properly... He who is need ready to marry you, should not tie you down all in the name of boyfriend/girlfriend.. Sis be wise, be guided!!!
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by MarianaTrench: 1:21am On Mar 03, 2020
GAZZUZZ:

Define uncle.

She said "uncle" not "honku" grin
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by NobleDeSage001: 2:00am On Mar 03, 2020
Once in three days communication is a death nail on any relationship. It is either you are not really into this guy as much as he is into you or you barely love him. A woman who is in love can never stay a day without talking to her partner.
Your communication style is unhealthy for your relationship and this is a red flag for both of you in marriage.
If you want the marriage then sacrifice your job or allow the young man to go find someone who will dote over him like he wants.

3 Likes

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Rita5(f): 3:23am On Mar 03, 2020
Eggshells:

Hmmm...

I can't really advice you as I am not in your shoes. I don't have the same level of emotional attachment you share for the guy. So my only advice as a result will be to stick with your job.

But since you're the one with the shoes, you have to decide which is more important to you. You job or the guy? Nothing wrong with which ever decision you make just make sure you seriously analyse things.

Even if you go back to him don't make the mistake of depending on him. Find another job, find your feet again. Try to be independent as much as possible.

I don't know why he wants you back so eagerly. Maybe he is scared of losing you or maybe he wants you closer for more intimate encounters. But be smart am sure you have plans and goals you want to achieve don't abandon them because a man asked you to. Many ladies are regretting that decision till today. But don't be too focus on your goals that you miss out on a really great guy.

Can't a compromise be reached? Say you go see him and vice versa once a month or once every two weeks? Can both of you try to get jobs closer to each other if possible in the same state? Honestly relationship isn't an authoritarian something. It takes two, so if he can't be flexible now on this. Can he be flexible about other things?

Best of luck really. I believe what ever decision you will make will be the right one.

1 Like

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Prec1ous(m): 5:25am On Mar 03, 2020
So you still think you have a relationship?

Someone you hardly talk to and you call him your lover. You never baff finish.

You better end things and find the person you love. You don't love him.

How can you even be busy for the person you love?

How can you talk to him just once in three days?

Both of you are not serious.

1 Like

Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 6:10am On Mar 03, 2020
Rita5:

Hmmm...

I can't really advice you as I am not in your shoes. I don't have the same level of emotional attachment you share for the guy. So my only advice as a result will be to stick with your job.

But since you're the one with the shoes, you have to decide which is more important to you. You job or the guy? Nothing wrong with which ever decision you make just make sure you seriously analyse things.

Even if you go back to him don't make the mistake of depending on him. Find another job, find your feet again. Try to be independent as much as possible.

I don't know why he wants you back so eagerly. Maybe he is scared of losing you or maybe he wants you closer for more intimate encounters. But be smart am sure you have plans and goals you want to achieve don't abandon them because a man asked you to. Many ladies are regretting that decision till today. But don't be too focus on your goals that you miss out on a really great guy.

Can't a compromise be reached? Say you go see him and vice versa once a month or once every two weeks? Can both of you try to get jobs closer to each other if possible in the same state? Honestly relationship isn't an authoritarian something. It takes two, so if he can't be flexible now on this. Can he be flexible about other things?

Best of luck really. I believe what ever decision you will make will be the right one.

God bless you for this.
Thanks sis.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 6:18am On Mar 03, 2020
Thanks to everyone who commented with their beautiful advice. I appreciate.

He's my fiance. I think I'll try and tell him some of the things I picked from here and then watch him. There's no way im leaving my job for a man. Though I know distance would be a barrier but it can be worked out.

Thanks all. I appreciate you guys.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by femi4: 6:27am On Mar 03, 2020
Eggshells:

Don't quit!
Your job is your security ! If you lose your fiancé, you can get a better one that ll want you and want you to keep your job
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by femi4: 6:28am On Mar 03, 2020
Eggshells:
Thanks to everyone who commented with their beautiful advice. I appreciate.

He's my fiance. I think I'll try and tell him some of the things I picked from here and then watch him. There's no way im leaving my job for a man. Though I know distance would be a barrier but it can be worked out.

Thanks all. I appreciate you guys.
That's the spirit girl
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Idontgiveafuck2: 7:04am On Mar 03, 2020
CONCORTED STORY FROM THE ATTENTION SEEKER.ASHIRAWEALTHY.ARDENT FOLLOWER INDEED. JUST TELLS US YOUR BOO FOUND OUT YOU WERE TRYING TO FOLLOW A NAIRALANDER AFTER TASTING HIS GBOLA AND ASK YOU TO DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT OR LOSE HIM.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Nobody: 7:08am On Mar 03, 2020
Idontgiveafuck2:
CONCORTED STORY FROM THE ATTENTION SEEKER.ASHIRAWEALTHY.ARDENT FOLLOWER INDEED. JUST TELLS US YOUR BOO FOUND OUT YOU WERE TRYING TO FOLLOW A NAIRALANDER AFTER TASTING HIS GBOLA AND ASK YOU TO DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT OR LOSE HIM.

Come who are you? Why are you going about saying all this?
Oh... I think I saw you in one thread trying to abuse a girl and I stood in for her. I remember now.
Well say whatever you want, it all up to you.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Idontgiveafuck2: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2020
Eggshells:

Come who are you? Why are you going about saying all this?
Oh... I think I saw you in one thread trying to abuse a girl and I stood in for her. I remember now.
Well say whatever you want, it all up to you.
TRY HARDER.ASHIRAWEALTHY.YOU GO REMEMBER SMALL SMALL,EVEN WHEN YOU DEY FIGHT SO MANY GUYS ON ASHIRAWEALTHY'S THREAD.LOL.ARDENT FOLLOWER INDEED.
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Lamanii22(f): 7:20am On Mar 03, 2020
What's your fiancé's salary? Is it fat? Can it take care of the both of you long term?...
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Lamanii22(f): 7:21am On Mar 03, 2020
How much is your fiancé's salary? Is it fat? Can it take care of the both of you long term??
Re: A Sister Needs Your Advice. Hop In If You Care by Greatzeus(m): 7:22am On Mar 03, 2020
Almost all posts above are not objective,asking if the guy will give her another job,no critical thinking,most Nairalanders are suffering from bandwagon effect.
How can a woman who is engaged and about to marry a man who lives and works in Enugu, leave her state of residence for Lagos because of a job?
Let me see, after the wedding in Enugu, she will move back to Lagos,the man will be in Enugu working cooking and living alone and jerking off because the woman he just married needs a job?
My dear,you obviously want to do something with your life before marriage,which is a good thing. So tell the guy you are not ready for marriage now that you want a level of financial Independence before going into marriage. So that he can decide to wait or he will move on.
You cant eat your cake and have it. A new marriage won't work if the couples live separately from the beginning of the marriage.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Does This Slang Mean / She Is Searching For A Husband Can You Recommend / Am I Cursed? My Toasters Are Always Below My Level - Pls Advise Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.