Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) (2842 Views)

This Japanese Woman Is Saying The Redpilled Bitter Truth About Feminism! [photo] / Top 20 Misconceptions About Feminism / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 06, 2020
Fiyinfoluwa20:

I wasn’t expecting anything sis, I thought it was all about equality opportunities, and to a large extent that has been achieved. What we shouldn’t try to achieve is “equality of outcomes”.

That is madness

Please answer my questions above
Personally, i believe "equality of outcomes" is a bit farfetched.
It's a matter of who's deserving. Like running a race, everyone should be given the opportunity to start, but finishing is a result of personal determination, hardwork, etc. All cannot win...
If a woman and man are after a promotion in a company, it's only logical that the person best suited for the position gets it. Regardless of gender...
But a woman shouldn't be shoved aside because she's a female. If she's earned it, let her have it...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by AfroKnight: 10:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
Different definitions of feminism flying up and down.

One thing is for sure. Feminists hate men. That is the summary of their campaign.

Many of them are lazy women who want things to be easier for them just because they have ovaries. Rubbish. When they find out that they have to earn their way through life like men, they go around screaming oppression. They try to bully men into giving them opportunities they are not qualified for while excusing themselves from responsibilities suited to their unique gender.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blu03:

It's a matter of who's deserving. Like running a race, everyone should be given the opportunity to start, but finishing is a result of personal determination, hardwork, etc. All cannot win...
If a woman and man are after a promotion in a company, it's only logical that the person best suited for the position gets it. Regardless of gender...
But a woman shouldn't be shoved aside because she's a female. If she's earned it, let her have it...
Doors should be opened for everyone.men and women should be given equal opportunities (don't refuse a girl child the chance to do something because you believe it is unwomanly or she will fail at it). Whatever females do with those chances and opportunities opened up for them doesn't concern feminism. If you use the opportunity opened up for you through feminism to become a doctor,lawyer,president etc,fine,if you use it to show your bushy vagina like chidera the founder of saggy boobs movements,that is also your cup of tea.

Hard work,diligence and good character pays on the long run,whoever is well deserving of a good outcome after making wise choices(whether male or female) should be considered. Feminism will allow men and women contest, but feminism will not automatically bestow the trophy on a woman,but change the narrative of a man having to take the trophy at all costs to the trophy being attainable for whoever puts more efforts.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by theakuko: 5:56am On Mar 07, 2020
HolyTrinity:

Smiles. Considering what you said, I checked up feminism and I found this;

A social theory or political movement which argues that legal and social restrictions on women must be removed in order to bring about EQUALITY of both sexes in ALL ASPECTS of public and private life.

So, any other thing for me to check up and have a better understanding of based on what have been documented down?!

I gave my view strictly on what I've found out feminism to be. Not what I've read about it alone, or heard about it. I mean experiential study. My inferences and statements are clearly a juxtaposition of inductive and deductive claims which are objectively evaluated.

I may not know the intent behind your claim above. I hope you'll make me understand.

Experience is the best teacher, but Observation is the best experience.
Thank you.

That "EQUALITY OF BOTH SEXES" you see there denotes equal rights and responsibilities for both men and women. It doesn't just mean equal rights for women alone. And contrary to what a certain feminist opined here on this forum, feminism is not only concerned with the public lives of men and women but their private lives as well.

Interestingly, By the time you go through that entire Wikipedia article with your understanding and objectivity fully intact, you will realise that most of what has been bandied about on social media and here on Nairaland in the name of feminism isn't actually feminism but a bunch of individuals who are using feminism as a disguise to prosecute their own selfish agenda.

You will know the true feminists by their desire to demand for their rights because they deserve it and by their willingness to shoulder responsibilities because they have the ability to do so. Any other thing asides this na counterfeit.

My point is, do not let the irresponsible, the insecure and selfish ones amongst them mislead you into having a wrong view of what feminism is trully about. That is what I'm trying to make you understand.

CHEERS

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Astra101: 7:17am On Mar 07, 2020
Hmmm. It's getting interesting...
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 7:44am On Mar 07, 2020
Blu03:

Now you are talking, so, please do you have a direct experience where a woman was deserving of a raise or promotion and she wasn’t given because she’s a woman? In fact, in the present day corporate world, when a man and woman are both gunning for the same position, the man is more likely to be dropped and the woman picked, you know why

We are promoting diversity ! Which i also think shouldn’t make any right thinking woman feel good, because you are getting something not on the strength of your qualification or based on merit but because you are a woman ?
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
theakuko:

That "EQUALITY OF BOTH SEXES" you see there denotes equal rights and responsibilities for both men and women. It doesn't just mean equal rights for women alone. And contrary to what a certain feminist opined here on this forum, feminism is not only concerned with the public lives of men and women but their private lives as well.

Interestingly, By the time you go through that entire Wikipedia article with your understanding and objectivity fully intact, you will realise that most of what has been bandied about on social media and here on Nairaland in the name of feminism isn't actually feminism but a bunch of individuals who are using feminism as a disguise to prosecute their own selfish agenda.

You will know the true feminists by their desire to demand for their rights because they deserve it and by their willingness to shoulder responsibilities because they have the ability to do so. Any other thing asides this na counterfeit.

My point is, do not let the irresponsible, the insecure and selfish ones amongst them mislead you into having a wrong view of what feminism is trully about. That is what I'm trying to make you understand.

CHEERS

Brilliant input. But pls did you critically analyse my initial response? If you did indeed, then I think you missed my point.

Now, you can't separate an actor from his act. They go together. The act defines the activity of the actor. The act portrays the actor. This act may be influenced by any factor and the application depends on the discretion, intention, vision and radicality of the actor. When an act is not properly defined, things as abuse, misinterpretation, confusion or even deviation is inevitable.

Back to what you said. Yes agreed that some, if not the insignificantly few feminists (as you want me to term them, the 'reasonable/responsible' or the 'true' feminists), champion for equal male/female rights justly. Ok. But are you of the opinion that absolute equality in terms of outcomes, responsibilities, inputs/contributions involving the public and private life is possible between a male and a female?

I'm speaking strictly from this point. Overall equality.

As much as I appreciate societal inclusion, elevation, recognition and empowerment of women, Anyone with this ideal of total and exclusive equality is bereft of apt and sound reasoning. Such a one is an insolent scourge to the sensibilities.

No one must misconstrue absolute inclusiveness with absolute equality. Such error is an aberration to the orderly existence and coexistence of the male and female species.

And Sire, leave wikipedia out of this issue. Let's be realistic. I'm not basing my judgement on NL feminists. Who cares about anyone towing the wrong path order than to set him/her strait. So, leave all that nonessential assumptions.

Where you said feminists are not fighting for equal rights for women alone is as untrue as the tales of Lai Mohammed. What do you mean? Pls don't get it twisted. Who then are they fighting for? Fighting for less privileged men and themselves so they all can be equal with superior men? Again I say, don't get it twisted. This group want equality with men, as men, for themselves. Simple. And in a jointly proportional equal level on all grounds.

There may be feminists who simply want inclusion, responsibility and respect. Let them drop the feminist tag. They don't have to follow the feminist train to achieve their goals. Are there not people campaigning for girl child education? How about those advocating against domestic violence against women and female trafficking? Do they need feministic sermons to fight against these vices? Are men not in support of their efforts? So, what are we saying?

Lastly, no one is superior. No one is inferior. But let everybody be willing to accept their place and positional level in the scheme of nature/things. I don't need explaining again on why responsibilities cannot be same for both gender since I've done that already from previous replies.

Cheers.
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
HolyTrinity:
To conclude my yesterday's inputs to Blu03's answer to my question, here are facts about this whole gender equality issue.

To begin with, men I believe (as someone said ''chauvinistic" and overly suppressive an egoistic men) caused this whole ideal of feminism in women, and they on their part have done well to abuse it and seek to cross their boundaries. Had there been gender solidarity and tolerance from inception we may not be discussing feminism today.

A man and a woman are created differently. The behaviours, mentality, and physicality varies. This differences shapes our different social and individual characteristics.

Here are a few logical facts:

1. Physically, a man and a woman aren't the same. A man's natural looks makes him understand the nature of what kinds of things to do and jobs to undertake. Same for a woman. No body needs to let a man know that the most strenuous and difficult tasks are reserved for him (and lighter ones for women). That is, a man is made to put in more efforts. With this, the rewards for both genders by nature, risk and difficulty of work done will defer.

However, feminism wants women to take up such occupation and try their best, and if they can't measure up, it doesn't really matter after all, they have limitations by reason of their gender, but they must be treated good as much as men who do the bulk of the job. Or better still, the set standards can be lowered to suit them alone but not the men.

2. Biologically, a man and a woman are not similar. Science has proven over again that a woman right from when she's a foetus survives overwhelming conditions and stress better than a man. The number of certain cells in men to women differs. In fact, a man's bones numbers differently to a woman's. The ideal of a 50/50 share of house chores is an abuse of right and neglect of responsibility.

It was not a mistake on God's part to leave childbearing responsibility to women, nor was it a mistake for nature to have confer on women a better ability to rear kids and do domestic chores. Men are basically meant to be home providers and protectors and to a degree supportive in domestic chores. A good man will only do as much as his wife will do out of love. Not because it's his responsibility. A man's primary responsibility is providing for and securing the home.

3. Mentally, a man and a woman differ. A woman operates by what she hears. A man by what he sees. A woman is emotion driven. A man is driven by reasoning and common sense. A woman can be easily manipulated in comparison to men.

This is why scriptures forbids women from positions of authority. This may sound controversial but, it is what it is. God himself understands a woman's limitations and vulnerability. The weaker vessel tag is not to describe her physical weakness but her mental and inner weakness. A place in the Bible expressly spoke about men's willful superiority over women when it said; ''the woman (Eve) was decieved and not the man (Adam)".

Should all men and women became absolutely equal, then humanity might go into voluntary extinction. This statement needs no clarification. If at all it ever happens, then its justification shall be the consequence or its occurrence.

Feminism should not be confused for female liberation or enlightenment. Both are totally different. Except the liberation is disguised as a subtle way of preaching female male parity through gender equality advocacy.

Finally, feminist thinking is faulty thinking. No morally sane and sensible female would seek equality with men on any ground where nature has conferred on man authority or headship. It is just inconceivable by reason of the natural order of things.
Rightly put. One of the most ridiculous thing I have heard is Christian feminist. Any woman who call herself a Christian and a feminist is deceiving herself, Light and darkness cannot coexist.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by theakuko: 4:04pm On Mar 07, 2020
HolyTrinity:

Brilliant input. But pls did you critically analyse my initial response? If you did indeed, then I think you missed my point.

Now, you can't separate an actor from his act. They go together. The act defines the activity of the actor. The act portrays the actor. This act may be influenced by any factor and the application depends on the discretion, intention, vision and radicality of the actor. When an act is not properly defined, things as abuse, misinterpretation, confusion or even deviation is inevitable.

Back to what you said. Yes agreed that some, if not the insignificantly few feminists (as you want me to term them, the 'reasonable/responsible' or the 'true' feminists), champion for equal male/female rights justly. Ok. But are you of the opinion that absolute equality in terms of outcomes, responsibilities, inputs/contributions involving the public and private life is possible between a male and a female?

I'm speaking strictly from this point. Overall equality.

As much as I appreciate societal inclusion, elevation, recognition and empowerment of women, Anyone with this ideal of total and exclusive equality is bereft of apt and sound reasoning. Such a one is an insolent scourge to the sensibilities.

No one must misconstrue absolute inclusiveness with absolute equality. Such error is an aberration to the orderly existence and coexistence of the male and female species.

And Sire, leave wikipedia out of this issue. Let's be realistic. I'm not basing my judgement on NL feminists. Who cares about anyone towing the wrong path order than to set him/her strait. So, leave all that nonessential assumptions.

Where you said feminists are not fighting for equal rights for women alone is as untrue as the tales of Lai Mohammed. What do you mean? Pls don't get it twisted. Who then are they fighting for? Fighting for less privileged men and themselves so they all can be equal with superior men? Again I say, don't get it twisted. This group want equality with men, as men, for themselves. Simple. And in a jointly proportional equal level on all grounds.

There may be feminists who simply want inclusion, responsibility and respect. Let them drop the feminist tag. They don't have to follow the feminist train to achieve their goals. Are there not people campaigning for girl child education? How about those advocating against domestic violence against women and female trafficking? Do they need feministic sermons to fight against these vices? Are men not in support of their efforts? So, what are we saying?

Lastly, no one is superior. No one is inferior. But let everybody be willing to accept their place and positional level in the scheme of nature/things. I don't need explaining again on why responsibilities cannot be same for both gender since I've done that already from previous replies.

Cheers.

@1st bolded:
I guess you can say the same for the traditional concept of "male superiority" which has been misinterpreted by misogynsts as an excuse to keep women oppressed and suppressed. In addition, I guess you can also say the same for Christianity which has been misinterpreted, confused and abused by "wolves in sheep clothing" who use their position as pastors and overseers to oppress and suppress the flock of God.
In other words, such instances of "abuse, misinterpretation or confusion of an act" as you put it, isn't peculiar to feminism alone but exists in other aspects of life as well. There is always this tendency on the part of humans to twist an ideology or belief in order to serve their selfish interests.

@2nd bolded:
First and foremost, I believe that all fingers cannot be equal so absolute equality for all human species in this world remains a myth. Nevertheless, that does not preclude a man from having the freedom to take up the kind of responsibilities best suited to his abilities and to enjoy the rights he deserves his masculinity nothwithstanding.
Similarly, I also believe a woman should have the freedom to take up the responsibilities which are best suited to her abilities and to enjoy the rights she deserves her gender nothwithstanding. That my friend is among the key objectives of "gender equality".
Except what you are trying to say is that if you are married to a woman who earns a monthly salary which is double your own, and she shows a willingness to bear the financial burden of the home, you will prevent her from doing so because you are the "man of the house" even when it is clear that she is better suited for that role of provider when compared to you.

@3rd bolded:
I'm sorry but I won't leave Wikipedia out of this due to its reputation as a tried and tested source when it comes to information on a number of topics. Additionally, what you see on Wikipedia as far as it concerns feminism is mostly based on real and verifiable facts and not assumptions as you have wrongly opined. You can check the references at the end of the Wikipedia article on feminism and see things for yourself.

@4th bolded:
You see my point? If you had read that article on Wikipedia fully with your objectivity intact like I advised you to do, you won't be making this statement. I am very sure you would have come across a section that reads:
"Although feminist advocacy is, and has been, mainly focused on women's rights, some feminists, including bell hooks, argue for the inclusion of men's liberation within its aims, because they believe that men are also harmed by traditional gender roles."
Oga, please go back to the drawing board and get yourself adequately informed before you begin to draw conclusions.

@5th bolded:
I disagree with this. I believe taking up a label or a tag should be a matter of choice. It doesn't matter if you call yourself a "feminist", or a "woman''s right advocate" or "pro-woman" What matters is what you are fighting for. As Jesus Christ said, by their fruits you shall know them.

CHEERS once again
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Mar 07, 2020
theakuko:

[I] I guess you can say the same for the traditional concept of "male superiority" which has been misinterpreted by misogynsts as an excuse to keep women oppressed and suppressed. In addition, I guess you can also say the same for Christianity which has been misinterpreted, confused and abused by ''wolves in sheep clothing" who use their position as pastors and overseers to oppress and suppress the flock of God .

Similarly, I also believe a woman should have the freedom to take up the responsibilities which are best suited to her abilities and to enjoy the rights she deserves her gender nothwithstanding . That my friend is among the key objectives of "gender equality".

Except what you are trying to say is that if you are married to a woman who earns a monthly salary which is double your own, and she shows a willingness to bear the financial burden of the home, you will prevent her from doing so because you are the "man of the house" even when it is clear that she is better suited for that role of provider when compared to you .

I'm sorry but I won't leave Wikipedia out of this due to its reputation as a tried and tested source when it comes to information on a number of topics

Additionally, what you see on Wikipedia as far as it concerns feminism is mostly based on real and verifiable facts and not assumptions as you have wrongly opined. You can check the references at the end of the Wikipedia article on feminism and see things for yourself.

You see my point? If you had read that article on Wikipedia fully with your objectivity intact like I advised you to do, you won't be making this statement. I am very sure you would have come across a section that reads:
"Although feminist advocacy is, and has been, mainly focused on women's rights, some feminists, including bell hooks, argue for the inclusion of men's liberation within its aims, because they believe that men are also harmed by traditional gender roles."
Oga, please go back to the drawing board and get yourself adequately informed before you begin to draw conclusions

I disagree with this. I believe taking up a label or a tag should be a matter of choice...As Jesus Christ said, by their fruits you shall know them.

CHEERS once again[/i]

Smiles. You tried to deviate from the theme of our discourse which is on FEMINISM. Are we talking outside the subject matter? How come you successfully draw in misogynists and religious leaders into this despite your being right about what you said? What gives you the impression that I can say the same about these group of people you mentioned. And what 'same' are you even talking about. Supporting male superiority? Do you feel I'm advocating male superiority? I understand your attempt to go off the point. But be coherent and intelligible with your replies and avoid unnecessary comparisons and verbose statements. Let's stick to the issue and thrash things out logically and realistically.

I gave a simple analogy showing how actions/acts determines the intent of the actor, but you interpreted it in a way to suit your narratives. Shocking you had to use that statement and relate it to things outside what we're saying. Hope you know your talking outside the facts changes nothing! At least, you agree that people have this natural tendency to twist things to suit themselves.

At the second bolded, who is disputing that fact with you? You wanna enjoy privileges? Be worth it and go ahead! It's a free world you know.

At the third bold, No, that's not what I'm saying. Okay?! Thank you.

At the fourth bold, No need apologising! Suit yourself. You're good, so feel good.

At bolded no.5, What conclusions do you think I have drawn? I appreciate your advice though. Thanks.

I want to ask you. Are men complaining about being hurt by traditional gender roles? And what sense is in it to have left it to females to help them champion. See the broader picture mister and stop trying to base reality on theory. Whose benefit is the greater good of feminism. I think the best way to have courted men into buying such feministic ideal (male feminist) would have been to feign inclusiveness with a subtle claim to masculine welfarism.

Lemme quote again that statement you gave from Wikipedia. It says;
''...some Feminists...argue for the inclusion of men's liberation within its aims, because they believe that men are also harmed by traditional gender roles''.
I just want to understand. Why fight for men when they can more than enough fight for themselves? I smell a subtle way of disguising the real intent of feminism. Or could it be that they realize the importance of male support in fighting for their erroneous cause? Should all men blatantly kick against feminism will the ideology stay this long? After all, it is from men they demand equal rights. Try and be logical and reason things quantitatively. The ideal lost it's credence and value the moment it sought gender equality in public and private life without taking into consideration the variation in inputs by both gender.

I need not say anything again. My friend, here's a little research for you. Go anywhere to anything relating to feminism and read comprehensively about their real agendas and aims. Don't just come selecting a few as it best help your arguments. Go find out entirely about the feminist ideology and tell me what you find. Pay particular attention to statements/quotes made by disguised feminists such as Mary Sanger, Hillary Clinton and cos. Then I'll show you a statement by Florence Nightingale (a Christian WWII nurse).

It seems the whites, the diehard campaigners of feminism, is where most Africans draw out rigid inspirations from. A truth is not truth when it's 99.99% right and 0.001% false.

At the last bold, I'm not referring only to the name, I'm also speaking with respect to the ideology. From a contextual perspective. The ideal is WRONG. Take it or leave it. When you successfully figure out what fuels feminism, you'll understand why it's inappropriate and something to kick against.

Moreover, names, tags are identities and somehow they influences destiny. Anyone can choose whatever name he feels like. That's their choice.

As a hint of note, You mentioned Jesus. Great of you to. But do you know Jesus had 12 disciples and there was no woman? I hope you won't allude that to His misperception of females. After all, He created them. Think critically about this before pulling out an argument out of this folks. I feel someone might find it controversial too.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Korllami007: 8:32pm On Mar 07, 2020
HolyTrinity:

Smiles. You tried to deviate from the theme of our discourse which is on FEMINISM. Are we talking outside the subject matter? How come you successfully draw in misogynists and religious leaders into this despite your being right about what you said? What gives you the impression that I can say the same about these group of people you mentioned. And what 'same' are you even talking about. Supporting male superiority? Do you feel I'm advocating male superiority? I understand your attempt to go off the point. But be coherent and intelligible with your replies and avoid unnecessary comparisons and verbose statements. Let's stick to the issue and thrash things out logically and realistically.

I gave a simple analogy showing how actions/acts determines the intent of the actor, but you interpreted it in a way to suit your narratives. Shocking you had to use that statement and relate it to things outside what we're saying. Hope you know your talking outside the facts changes nothing! At least, you agree that people have this natural tendency to twist things to suit themselves.

At the second bolded, who is disputing that fact with you? You wanna enjoy privileges? Be worth it and go ahead! It's a free world you know.

At the fourth bold, No need apologising! Suit yourself. You're good, so feel good.

At bolded no.5, What conclusions do you think I have drawn? I appreciate your advice though. Thanks.

I want to ask you. Are men complaining about being hurt by traditional gender roles? And what sense is in it to have left it to females to help them champion. See the broader picture mister and stop trying to base reality on theory. Whose benefit is the greater good of feminism. I think the best way to have courted men into buying such feministic ideal (male feminist) would have been to feign inclusiveness with a subtle claim to masculine welfarism.

''...some Feminists...argue for the inclusion of men's liberation within its aims, because they believe that men are also harmed by traditional gender roles''.
I just want to understand. Why fight for men when they can more than enough fight for themselves? I smell a subtle way of disguising the real intent of feminism. Or could it be that they realize the importance of male support in fighting for their erroneous cause? Should all men blatantly kick against feminism will the ideology stay this long? After all, it is from men they demand equal rights. Try and be logical and reason things quantitatively. The ideal lost it's credence and value the moment it sought gender equality in public and private life without taking into consideration the variation in inputs by both gender.

I need not say anything again. My friend, here's a little research for you. Go anywhere to anything relating to feminism and read comprehensively about their real agendas and aims. Don't just come selecting a few as it best help your arguments. Go find out entirely about the feminist ideology and tell me what you find. Pay particular attention to statements/quotes made by disguised feminists such as Mary Sanger, Hillary Clinton and cos. Then I'll show you a statement by Florence Nightingale (a Christian WWII nurse).

It seems the whites, the diehard campaigners of feminism, is where most Africans draw out rigid inspirations from. A truth is not truth when it's 99.99% right and 0.001% false.

At the last bold, I'm not referring only to the name, I'm also speaking with respect to the ideology. From a contextual perspective. The ideal is WRONG. Take it or leave it. When you successfully figure out what fuels feminism, you'll understand why it's inappropriate and something to kick against.

Moreover, names, tags are identities and somehow they influences destiny. Anyone can choose whatever name he feels like. That's their choice.

As a hint of note, You mentioned Jesus. Great of you to. But do you know Jesus had 12 disciples and there was no woman? I hope you won't allude that to His misperception of females. After all, He created them. Think critically about this before pulling out an argument out of this folks. I feel someone might find it controversial too.

Thank you oo, my broda. I no know who send dem work oo.
If you want to fight for both gender, go and join human right activist group. Please, don't include men in your feminazi and don't use "we're fighting for both gender" to get soft landing so that people won't know your main intention. We no send una work. grin grin grin

Feminism is coined out of one gender, which is female. So feminism cannot be fighting for male. It's just like boko haram is fighting for western education, that's pure contradiction. grin grin

We no send una work, so come out from shell and don't hide. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by theakuko: 11:36am On Mar 08, 2020
HolyTrinity:

I am unwilling to continue this discourse any further as it appears to me that you are hell bent on seeing things from your own perspective so I will leave it at that.

Nevertheless, the bottom line for me is that feminism isn't what you think it is neither is it what most of those self-centered and irresponsible women out there are making it out to be. I have advised you to look up articles online that offer an unbaised view of what "feminism" and "gender equality" is all about but you still refuse to give it a try hence your uninformed submissions on the subject.

I wish you all the very best and I sincerely hope that some day in the not too distant future, you will get to understand it better by and by.

GOODBYE
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
theakuko:

I am unwilling to continue this discourse any further as it appears to me that you are hell bent on seeing things from your own perspective so I will leave it at that...I have advised you to look up articles online that offer an unbaised view of what "feminism" and "gender equality" is all about but you still refuse to give it a try hence your uninformed submissions on the subject.

I wish you all the very best and I sincerely hope that some day in the not too distant future, you will get to understand it better by and by.

GOODBYE

Oops.

You know what, go through all my posts. Be open minded and critically analyse all I've said, then tell what you pick out. OK? Again, do the research I asked you to!

Sorry to ask you this. Are you a female? Pls give my asking no odd meaning. Thank you.

Appreciate your good wishes. Happy Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:12pm On Mar 08, 2020
Omar09:

And the best thing to do is clamor for gender equality on the internet? Ever thought of taking it those places where female education is seen as strange. Remember the real feminist brought this equality to Nigeria in persons of Mary Slaysor...

lol. Typical. If you care to know, there are women online feminism has saved. From bad marriages, decisions, etc. There are women it is impacting. If the media is a powerful tool when it comes to brainwashing, conspiracy theories, mass control, cybercrime and bullying, explosion of pornographic contents and access to it (okay, the good sides -- many current celebs now 'blew' on SM, husband and wife have met here, people have gotten scholarships and relocated abroad). Rn, in our generation, the media is intricately linked to everything we do. Everything. Imagine if the Internet crashed right now. So, we know there's power online, anonymity, news spreading like wildfire over a great distance. So consider all these and tell me feminism online is useless. What we read affect us. If the media can be influencial in these places, how can it suddenly become dormant when feminism is involved?

Things are happening, that you don't know of.
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Magnoliaa(f): 7:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
AfroKnight:
Different definitions of feminism flying up and down.

One thing is for sure. Feminists hate men. That is the summary of their campaign.

Many of them are lazy women who want things to be easier for them just because they have ovaries. Rubbish. When they find out that they have to earn their way through life like men, they go around screaming oppression. They try to bully men into giving them opportunities they are not qualified for while excusing themselves from responsibilities suited to their unique gender.

NOTHING BUT A DUMB SUBMISSION.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by AfroKnight: 7:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
Magnoliaa:

NOTHING BUT A DUMB SUBMISSION.

Airhead. No time to engage your kind.

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Omar09(m): 8:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Magnoliaa:

lol. Typical. If you care to know, there are women online feminism has saved. From bad marriages, decisions, etc. There are women it is impacting. If the media is a powerful tool when it comes to brainwashing, conspiracy theories, mass control, cybercrime and bullying, explosion of pornographic contents and access to it (okay, the good sides -- many current celebs now 'blew' on SM, husband and wife have met here, people have gotten scholarships and relocated abroad). Rn, in our generation, the media is intricately linked to everything we do. Everything. Imagine if the Internet crashed right now. So, we know there's power online, anonymity, news spreading like wildfire over a great distance. So consider all these and tell me feminism online is useless. What we read affect us. If the media can be influencial in these places, how can it suddenly become dormant when feminism is involved?

Things are happening, that you don't know of.

I am aware of all these you wrote. And tbh with you, you are correct. But there are women who needs this rights y'all clamoring for more than anything and guess what, they don't have internet access.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Magnoliaa(f): 9:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
Omar09:

I am aware of all these you wrote. And tbh with you, you are correct. But there are women who needs this rights y'all clamoring for more than anything and guess what, they don't have internet access.

And what made you say that women, feminists aren't getting to those women? You know for sure? Do you have any idea what the UN Women groups are doing? One doesn't invalidate the other. Feminism goes beyond a rural/community program thing. It's so much more about mindsets. Altering worldviews and pre-conceived, untrue notions about the woman. Any means ( read good, and legal) to achieve this is acceptable.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I'm New In Ibadan..... / Celebrating My 4 Years Celibacy This Year / The Perfect Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.