Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,819 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) (2847 Views)

This Japanese Woman Is Saying The Redpilled Bitter Truth About Feminism! [photo] / Top 20 Misconceptions About Feminism / My Opinion About FEMINISM... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 7:12am On Mar 03, 2020
Are Feminists feminine failures? I've studied this group for sometimes by intuition, cognizance and experience and I have this to say about it.

First of all, God does not reckon with feminists. He knows them not. Just like he knows not MGTOWs.

Feminism for me simply means women wanting to be equal with men in aspects of their interests. It is saying; "I want as much privilege as you since we both are involved in this thing, but I may not necessarily do as much as you considering my feminine status''. A desire for merit without being qualified, or demanding a prize without paying the price.

Take for consideration, Lucifer wanted to be like the most high, not because it was in the most high's interest but his. Similarly, feminists are women seeking equality with men (the 50-50 world as some say) strictly for their own interest. Consequently, this means that the subject wants to be like the King and the helper wants to be at par with the head.

The only possible reason for this view, as evident in modern day clamour for gender equality is strictly due to misinterpreted pride. Misinterpreted in the sense that, it is confused to be 'self determination/awareness/discovery' and not as a subtle manifestation of pride.

in my opinion, feminism is of 4 kinds. There are the insecure feminists, the eccentric feminists, the egocentric feminists & male feminists.

An insecure feminist is no doubt a pessimist suffering from a just sense of insecurity. She fears that her inadequacies and shortcomings may shortchange her or put her at a disadvantage in the scheme of things, so she joins the bandwagon of those wanting to be equal with men. Sometimes her feministic drive is fuelled by gender discrimination of which she may have been a victim.

An eccentric feminist simply seeks to deviate from the norm. Not necessarily to serve their own personal interest but to just alter natural order of gender headship. They're majorly those championing feminism and the feminist's cause. I tag them 'the movers of sedition'.

An egocentric feminist is very self serving. She's a feminist for her self-centered, selfish and egotistical nature. She seeks equality with men just because it favours her cause. Of all, she's the most inured to double standards and her feminist convictions are reliant on her personal gains. She most likely become or develop into a femifascist.

The male feminists are males who favour feminism for reasons lacking justified reasoning. As flies to wanton boys they're to their goddesses who enlist them for their sports. They're the proverbial Ahab under Jezebel's spells whose wishes are his command, and would kill Naboth for his vineyard.

Generally, an expressive trait of feminists which is also a vice is greed/self consideration/centeredness which may be knowingly or unknowingly confused as self worth or self security. Hence, feminism is characteristically the most homocentric moral crime known to man. This according to me, is the reason for the downturn and collapse of relationships and particularly, the marriage institution.

The above notwithstanding, does not excuse the excesses of the male gender.

Feminist? No, you need not be one.

2 Likes

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Offpoint: 7:21am On Mar 03, 2020
typing...

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Lawgod247: 7:29am On Mar 03, 2020
ok

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:28am On Mar 03, 2020
Feminists are idiots who rant about things they don't understand

2 Likes

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 8:43pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lilbest3:
Feminists are idiots who rant about things they don't understand

Well, some may know what they say, some may not, but all the same their intents are wrong and questionable
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
HolyTrinity:

Well, some may know what they say, some may not, but all the same their intents are wrong and questionable
actually they don't

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 8:50pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
Your opinion...
I agree that feminism has a couple bad eggs. Some preach doctrines that i cannot even fathom. But that doesn't trash feminism as a whole which has a defined purpose, "Gender equality".
Your writeup is simply calling out those men and women who claim to be feminist for selfish reasons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lilbest3:
actually they don't
Some do. Howbeit, very very few of them
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
0KNM:
Feminists always be like

[img]https://media1./images/b9f6d85a0a9fd5ebcdf7bfff16216863/tenor.gif?itemid=15928656[/img]
Lol.... Your comments and GIFs are always funny
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
Blu03:
Your opinion...
I agree that feminism has a couple bad eggs. Some preach doctrines that i cannot even fathom. But that doesn't trash feminism as a whole which has a defined purpose, "Gender equality".
Your writeup is simply calling out those men and women who claim to be feminist for selfish reasons.

Alright. Let's thrash out a few things.

Lemme ask you, why do you support gender equality. I mean in terms of what you seek to achieve. The goals so to say
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
HolyTrinity:

Alright. Let's thrash out a few things.

Lemme ask you, why do you support gender equality. I mean in terms of what you seek to achieve. The goals so to say
simply ensuring that females have the same opportunities as men. And their Rights are regarded...
As of now, some communities still consider female education to be a waste of time and resources.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ariza:
Lol.... Your comments and GIFs are always funny

Arrizabalaga wink wink
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 10:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
Blu03:
simply ensuring that females have the same opportunities as men. And their Rights are regarded...
As of now, some communities still consider female education to be a waste of time and resources.
Hopefully tomorrow, I would have plenty of time to reason things with you.
However, feminism has many perspectives to it. Now, I don't think communities where girl child education is a taboo is has anything to do with feminism. That community simply needs enlightenment and a bit of social reorientation. It has nothing to do with the feministic cause. That said, the issue with feminism is the context from which the word "equality'' is viewed and defined. This is the issue which in itself defies moral appropriation and correctness. Feminism has no moral compass of justification. Just some social leverages with faulty backing.

That's that for now. Have a great night rest

2 Likes

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
0KNM:

Arrizabalaga wink wink
huh? which kinda greeting is this? grin

How have you been?
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ariza:
huh? which kinda greeting is this? grin

How have you been?

That is Kepa Arrizabalaga; Chelsea GK

[img]https://media1./images/a66e6a3e08d5affd85bf02fc75edac15/tenor.gif?itemid=15420655[/img]

I’ve been good o. Here and there.

Eku oru asiko yi
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by poik(m): 12:53am On Mar 05, 2020
HolyTrinity:

Are Feminists feminine failures? I've studied this group for sometimes by intuition, cognizance and experience and I have this to say about it.

First of all, God does not reckon with feminists. He knows them not. Just like he knows not MGTOWs.

Feminism for me simply means women wanting to be equal with men in aspects of their interests. It is saying; "I want as much privilege as you since we both are involved in this thing, but I may not necessarily do as much as you considering my feminine status''. A desire for merit without being qualified, or demanding a prize without paying the price.

Take for consideration, Lucifer wanted to be like the most high, not because it was in the most high's interest but his. Similarly, feminists are women seeking equality with men (the 50-50 world as some say) strictly for their own interest. Consequently, this means that the subject wants to be like the King and the helper wants to be at par with the head.

The only possible reason for this view, as evident in modern day clamour for gender equality is strictly due to misinterpreted pride. Misinterpreted in the sense that, it is confused to be 'self determination/awareness/discovery' and not as a subtle manifestation of pride.

in my opinion, feminism is of 4 kinds. There are the insecure feminists, the eccentric feminists, the egocentric feminists & male feminists.

An insecure feminist is no doubt a pessimist suffering from a just sense of insecurity. She fears that her inadequacies and shortcomings may shortchange her or put her at a disadvantage in the scheme of things, so she joins the bandwagon of those wanting to be equal with men. Sometimes her feministic drive is fuelled by gender discrimination of which she may have been a victim.

An eccentric feminist simply seeks to deviate from the norm. Not necessarily to serve their own personal interest but to just alter natural order of gender headship. They're majorly those championing feminism and the feminist's cause. I tag them 'the movers of sedition'.

An egocentric feminist is very self serving. She's a feminist for her self-centered, selfish and egotistical nature. She seeks equality with men just because it favours her cause. Of all, she's the most inured to double standards and her feminist convictions are reliant on her personal gains. She most likely become or develop into a femifascist.

The male feminists are males who favour feminism for reasons lacking justified reasoning. As flies to wanton boys they're to their goddesses who enlist them for their sports. They're the proverbial Ahab under Jezebel's spells whose wishes are his command, and would kill Naboth for his vineyard.

Generally, an expressive trait of feminists which is also a vice is greed/self consideration/centeredness which may be knowingly or unknowingly confused as self worth or self security. Hence, feminism is characteristically the most homocentric moral crime known to man. This according to me, is the reason for the downturn and collapse of relationships and particularly, the marriage institution.

The above notwithstanding, does not excuse the excesses of the male gender.

Feminist? No, you need not be one.

There is no way in this Jesus’ world that a man and a woman can be equal. Feminism is anti-nature, anti-Scripture, anti-reason, anti-logic and anti-moral.

2 Likes

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Sixfeetbelle: 2:47am On Mar 05, 2020
Feminism may have been wrongly viewed and wrongly used in recent times by selfish people for selfish reasons, but its objective will always stand.

The forerunners of Feminism are people who have seen firsthand the inhumane ways chauvinist men operate. Women who were told to shut up with her opinions because "she doesn't understand politics". Women who have been denied employment and leadership roles beecause "she's a woman. It's only cooking and catering for children she can be good at". Women who were insulted and made mockery off for using their 'over-intelligent' brain to dream up inventions and innovations that helped shaped the society.

Truth is, Feminism is not about equality with men, most especially not in the homes (we respect the mantle placed on your head; don't worry) Feminism focuses on equal opportunities and more rights and freedom; and a chance to show that we are knowledgeable and innovative too. We can be leaders too, and we can fight and lead alongside the men in wars.

If men value our opinions more, value our presence more, believe we shouldn't be subjected to just one position our entire life, there'll be peace. But the problem is that some men refuse to believe we have a mind of our own; that we can be smarter than them; that our ideas for world peace might actually work; and that's why Feminism will always continue.

As for Feminism being a failure, that's because people don't practice what they preach. Most females haven't been subjected to misogynistic/chauvinist ways of men; and some refuse to accept they can escape it. Our primitive society in Africa has not yet accepted women having a mind of their own and that's why some feminist fall by the wayside.

We still have a long way to go to achieve what we want, but the revolution has started and will endure.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Omar09(m): 4:56am On Mar 05, 2020
Blu03:

And the best thing to do is clamor for gender equality on the internet? Ever thought of taking it those places where female education is seen as strange. Remember the real feminist brought this equality to Nigeria in persons of Mary Slaysor...
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 6:34am On Mar 05, 2020
Omar09:

And the best thing to do is clamor for gender equality on the internet? Ever thought of taking it those places where female education is seen as strange. Remember the real feminist brought this equality to Nigeria in persons of Mary Slaysor...
The internet is not the best place to fight for gender equality... I agree.
But the web connects us. And it isn't a bad idea to air one's views there. Topics like domestic violence cannot each be tackled personally, but a message can be broadcasted, a passive fight for women to know their Rights. Same with genital mutilation. Not all feminist, myself included, have the time/opportunity to travel to communities where this is practiced but in my little way, i can create a website or blog to address the issue.
To take the message out there.
Again, feminism has bad eggs. I've come across several feminist who believe it's all about arguing with men and challanging every tradition.
That doesn't trash it all together.
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 8:37am On Mar 05, 2020
poik:

There is no way in this Jesus’ world that a man and a woman can be equal. Feminism is anti-nature, anti-Scripture, anti-reason, anti-logic and anti-moral.
Thanks for this input. This is a perfect summary of all I'm saying in essence. The undeniable truth.
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 8:49am On Mar 05, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:
The forerunners of Feminism are people who have seen firsthand the inhumane ways chauvinist men operate. Women who were told to shut up with her opinions because "she doesn't understand politics". Women who have been denied employment and leadership roles beecause "she's a woman. It's only cooking and catering for children she can be good at". Women who were insulted and made mockery off for using their 'over-intelligent' brain to dream up inventions and innovations that helped shaped the society.

Truth is, Feminism is not about equality with men, most especially not in the homes (we respect the mantle placed on your head; don't worry) Feminism focuses on equal opportunities and more rights and freedom; and a chance to show that we are knowledgeable and innovative too. We can be leaders too, and we can fight and lead alongside the men in wars.

If men value our opinions more, value our presence more, believe we shouldn't be subjected to just one position our entire life, there'll be peace. But the problem is that some men refuse to believe we have a mind of our own; that we can be smarter than them; that our ideas for world peace might actually work; and that's why Feminism will always continue.

As for Feminism being a failure, that's because people don't practice what they preach. Most females haven't been subjected to misogynistic/chauvinist ways of men; and some refuse to accept they can escape it. Our primitive society in Africa has not yet accepted women having a mind of their own and that's why some feminist fall by the wayside.

Interesting take you have here.

There is a clear distinction between Female empowerment or liberation and Female equality with men. They're immiscibly different.

I agree with the issue of women needing societal recognition and be allowed to give their positive outputs, but it should never ever be seen as an avenue to rob shoulders or contest superiority or even attempt to usurp the natural lordship of men over his world.

Man they say is creation. A woman is the glory is this creation. No more no less.

2 Likes

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:01am On Mar 05, 2020
To conclude my yesterday's inputs to Blu03's answer to my question, here are facts about this whole gender equality issue.

To begin with, men I believe (as someone said ''chauvinistic" and overly suppressive an egoistic men) caused this whole ideal of feminism in women, and they on their part have done well to abuse it and seek to cross their boundaries. Had there been gender solidarity and tolerance from inception we may not be discussing feminism today.

A man and a woman are created differently. The behaviours, mentality, and physicality varies. This differences shapes our different social and individual characteristics.

Here are a few logical facts:

1. Physically, a man and a woman aren't the same. A man's natural looks makes him understand the nature of what kinds of things to do and jobs to undertake. Same for a woman. No body needs to let a man know that the most strenuous and difficult tasks are reserved for him (and lighter ones for women). That is, a man is made to put in more efforts. With this, the rewards for both genders by nature, risk and difficulty of work done will defer.

However, feminism wants women to take up such occupation and try their best, and if they can't measure up, it doesn't really matter after all, they have limitations by reason of their gender, but they must be treated good as much as men who do the bulk of the job. Or better still, the set standards can be lowered to suit them alone but not the men.

2. Biologically, a man and a woman are not similar. Science has proven over again that a woman right from when she's a foetus survives overwhelming conditions and stress better than a man. The number of certain cells in men to women differs. In fact, a man's bones numbers differently to a woman's. The ideal of a 50/50 share of house chores is an abuse of right and neglect of responsibility.

It was not a mistake on God's part to leave childbearing responsibility to women, nor was it a mistake for nature to have confer on women a better ability to rear kids and do domestic chores. Men are basically meant to be home providers and protectors and to a degree supportive in domestic chores. A good man will only do as much as his wife will do out of love. Not because it's his responsibility. A man's primary responsibility is providing for and securing the home.

3. Mentally, a man and a woman differ. A woman operates by what she hears. A man by what he sees. A woman is emotion driven. A man is driven by reasoning and common sense. A woman can be easily manipulated in comparison to men.

This is why scriptures forbids women from positions of authority. This may sound controversial but, it is what it is. God himself understands a woman's limitations and vulnerability. The weaker vessel tag is not to describe her physical weakness but her mental and inner weakness. A place in the Bible expressly spoke about men's willful superiority over women when it said; ''the woman (Eve) was decieved and not the man (Adam)".

Should all men and women became absolutely equal, then humanity might go into voluntary extinction. This statement needs no clarification. If at all it ever happens, then its justification shall be the consequence or its occurrence.

Feminism should not be confused for female liberation or enlightenment. Both are totally different. Except the liberation is disguised as a subtle way of preaching female male parity through gender equality advocacy.

Finally, feminist thinking is faulty thinking. No morally sane and sensible female would seek equality with men on any ground where nature has conferred on man authority or headship. It is just inconceivable by reason of the natural order of things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 05, 2020
Cc: HolyTrinity You've built most your arguement on the foundation of religion. I don't believe in such.
Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 9:31am On Mar 05, 2020
Blu03,
Moral and religious yardstick
Social correctness
Natural acceptability
are the 3 aspects from which I drew my assertions. The moral religious facts are however the most significant and authoritative. Social facts, Natural facts, are liable to human nature. The moral facts are evident in man's subconscious and they're divine statutes engraved in the conscience.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blu03:
Cc: HolyTrinity
You've built most your arguement on the foundation of religion.
I don't believe in such.

Hello, today’s third wave feminism isn’t about equal or opportunities as your espoused, it’s pushing for equality of outcome which is bunkers !!!

Please can you give an example of a direct case where men and women are no given equal opportunity?

If this counts as anything, I was a male feminist, total bs & waste of time

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 12:42pm On Mar 06, 2020
Fiyinfoluwa20:

Hello, today’s third wave feminism isn’t about equal or opportunities as your espoused, it’s pushing for equality of outcome which is bunkers !!!

Please can you give an example of a direct case where men and women are no given equal opportunity?

If this counts as anything, I was a male feminist, total bs & waste of time
the last paragraph sold you out...
Waste of time? I thought feminism was a lifestyle...
What benefits did you expect?

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Sixfeetbelle: 1:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
Like you said, men brought about feminism by oppressing the woman and making her feel worthless. In that case, equality with men will always continue to thrive until men learn to treat women as their partners, and not some low level mental creature.

You keep pointing out religious points that supports men lording over women yet you conveniently refuse to see where God made Eve as a helper for Adam. She was given to him to help out with half of his responsibilities, not to sit and wait for him to tell her when to work or not. Moreover, Adam was deceived too, not just Eve. (If he had absolute lordship, he should have excluded himself from the temptation)

To counter your point on authority, God himself gave women the leadership when he did not find a man worthy. Deborah was there, Ruth was instrumental to foster Jesus lineage, even Esther saved a whole nation.

I agree that men and women are created differently for obvious reasons, but using that as a yardstick to discredit women will always kindle the fire of Feminism. Simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
Blu03:
the last paragraph sold you out...
Waste of time? I thought feminism was a lifestyle...
What benefits did you expect?

I wasn’t expecting anything sis, I thought it was all about equality opportunities, and to a large extent that has been achieved. What we shouldn’t try to achieve is “equality of outcomes”.

That is madness

Please answer my questions above

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by theakuko: 5:46pm On Mar 06, 2020
@OP Before you start a discourse on feminism, be sure to look up the term on Wikipedia. This is so that you may have a better understanding of what feminism actually means.

Going by all you've typed up there, I must say that you've got it all totally wrong.

CHEERS

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 7:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
theakuko:
@OP Before you start a discourse on feminism, be sure to look up the term on Wikipedia. This is so that you may have a better understanding of what feminism actually means.

Going by all you've typed up there, I must say that you've got it all totally wrong.

CHEERS

Smiles. Considering what you said, I checked up feminism and I found this;

A social theory or political movement which argues that legal and social restrictions on women must be removed in order to bring about EQUALITY of both sexes in ALL ASPECTS of public and private life.

So, any other thing for me to check up and have a better understanding of based on what have been documented down?!

I gave my view strictly on what I've found out feminism to be. Not what I've read about it alone, or heard about it. I mean experiential study. My inferences and statements are clearly a juxtaposition of inductive and deductive claims which are objectively evaluated.

I may not know the intent behind your claim above. I hope you'll make me understand.

Experience is the best teacher, but Observation is the best experience.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Truths About Feminism You Ought To Know (by B.O.E.) by Nobody: 7:48pm On Mar 06, 2020
Sixfeetbelle:

...You conveniently refuse to see where God made Eve as a helper for Adam...but using that as a yardstick to discredit women will always kindle the fire of Feminism. Simple.

Smiles. Ma'am, don't you think you're technically accusing my wrongly? I'm not against women or discrediting them neither is my post against them. I'm only against a wrong ideology, not women.

I love the women in my life so much, so why will I not want the best for their species.

I agree with some things yo said up there. I do. Just try and understand what I'm against from my posts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advanced Bang Drills (the Book) / If Your Aunty Is fine, Can U Date Her? / I No Dey Play Bet9ja Again !!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.