Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:54 PM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (73855 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by maynation(f): 8:58pm On Mar 03, 2020
Wetin I wan go do abroad biko?

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by soberdrunk(m): 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
Sad! I remember seeing the streets of London for the first time as a teenager and tears rolled down my eyes, I knew deep down that my country is light years away from 'real' development..... sad

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 03, 2020
K
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Tulsaguy: 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Just arrived wuhan...

anyway... pls

grant the Italian man & DG disease control center who just arrived Nigeria access to Aso rock to brief buhari latest on Coronavirus globally.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mutemenot(m): 9:01pm On Mar 03, 2020
Conner44:
Does Congo count as being in ‘abroad’? I have traveled to DRC and their air and women smell the same

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by dandadee: 9:02pm On Mar 03, 2020
Me i go yarn, me i go speak my mind
Me i go yarn, dem think say we blind
Make we yarn, why are my people so poor
We cant take this no more...
I Enter UK last year for short holiday. All through my stay it was eldee song playing in my head...me I go yarn

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Hitler5: 9:03pm On Mar 03, 2020
I felt like THANOS

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:04pm On Mar 03, 2020
Who will take me abroad?

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by adioolayi(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
The real unforgettable experience was actually felt when I entered a plane for the first time (although international flight)....The take-off, landing, and amazing views of the sky was unforgettable. Nothing special about another country....all seems normal to me. The flight experience was the real deal

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by sholay2011(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
My first time was when I travelled to Canada in Sept 2015 (and haven't returned yet!). I am not counting my school's field trip to Benin Republic, Shonghai farms. It was like a dream to me because I left Nigeria to further my studies and I had NOBODY where I was going. Just sorted my accommodation online and travelled alone for about 27 hours. Nobody came to receive me from the airport or anything. That was when I truly felt my destiny as much as in God's hands is also now in my hands, not my parent's hands or anything. I grew up quickly within days. grin

It was after three days I missed home and cried. grin

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by laughitall(m): 9:05pm On Mar 03, 2020
All things bright and beautiful...

20 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by MansoryMX(m): 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
Traveled to Palm Beach, FL to visit my elder sister . It was my first time traveling out and I cried when I got there, the infrastructures, the neatness, everywhere tiled, everyone respect the law and you dare not urinate in public or kill any animal you see on the street. Nigeria is the real definition of Hell on Earth. That’s all I have to say. Y’all need to travel out to experience life in the real world. I plan on traveling to Amsterdam once this Coronavirus virus is contained.

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by mkoabiola: 9:06pm On Mar 03, 2020
I felt lik ...

Omo i don arrive.

Foorrrrkkk oyibo pussy ... D feeling was different compare to Nigerian babes.

But they so av negative mindset for a Nigerian guy,

12 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by supercase1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
u will feel a breath of fresh air when u leave naija cheesy
beautiful weather ,beautiful women
and no power outage grin
the only thing i am missing here is just eba and egusi soup cheesy
Are u sure that u've travelled out of naija before grin

10 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by gift2xl: 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
Just here to read comments, because I never go Lagos not to talk of abroad.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
Ashawoboi27:
I travelled to Tanzania one certain period with my elder brother
Yo I didn't feel shit
I was like abeg make I do come go back naija abeg
This people when get HIV anyhow here
I couldn't even blow even as my brother give me girls reach
I was just scared

Is Tanzania abroad?
I am just asking oooo

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by supercase1(m): 9:07pm On Mar 03, 2020
Everybody wey never even travell go village dey form say Dem don enter Yankee grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by mysticgal(f): 9:08pm On Mar 03, 2020
I travelled to Lithuania for leisure.
At first, I was sore due to jetlag. Infact for almost 5days, I couldn’t think well but overall, I was thrilled and impressed by a working system

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by SheikhMuniru(m): 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
Even Ghana Na Abroad

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
landmark86:
Great experience.
Busy taking pictures with my friends n family.
I cudnot sleep a day to my journey.
Entry the plane is a dream come tru.
Entry London is amazing.
Beautiful environment.
The cab man drove me to a hotel @ Chelsea cos I arrive dia in the late hour of the night.
Have a nice chicken and wine for dinner, let went to bed.

5am nigeria time, I heard my senior sister shouting my name (Jide jide Jide Jide Jide). Don't you no is time for you to wake up and wash the plate.
Bros I wake up and find myself on my bed @ our house in number 3 Egbeda street, oke-ado area, Isolo.
I never no I was dreaming grin.

The moment the cabman drove you to a Hotel at 'Chelsea', you should know that it is a dream... !!!

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 03, 2020
mehn....i have NEVER entered plane in my entire life grin

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by BarrElChapo(m): 9:10pm On Mar 03, 2020
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mariangeles(f): 9:11pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
u will feel a breath of fresh air when u leave naija cheesy
beautiful weather ,beautiful women
and no power outage grin
the only thing i am missing here is just eba and egusi soup cheesy
Lie lie! grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:12pm On Mar 03, 2020
Oh well, I don't even know what it feels like to board an airplane.... It's well sha.

Anything can happen tomorrow

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by helinues: 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
Seeing your self outside wherr you grew up which is a wonder on its self.. Then you begin to ask, is this truly the abroad they are talking about..

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Drenimarcus(m): 9:13pm On Mar 03, 2020
I was pretty good all day until I got to Amsterdam, once on the plane to the states, I was so nervous, as soon as I got past cbp and got outside, I got this fresh air and calmness in my soul, to top it all, rain fell that day, the freshest air I have ever breathe in was on my first day. Naija no be country.

32 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by worldclass68(m): 9:14pm On Mar 03, 2020
I would make phone calls to all my village people starting from the king telling them..............

Ooooby grin grin grin
Lol nothing special jare...only that our govt and the citizens re so currupt here...we got everything we need right here in naija

8 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Kazeem2222(m): 9:15pm On Mar 03, 2020
I have not travelled but Gods mercies, I'll move next year... Oya see what a marlian did below because of Naira Marley;

https://abegabeg.com/naira-marleys-fan-tattoos-the-singers-face-on-her-body-photos/

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by amazinghomez09: 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
sotherefore:
Personally I have not yet traveled out of the country as am still waiting for the lord to bless my hustle.

If you have travelled to any civilized country then tell us your experience the day you wanted to travel overseas for the first time. How was it? Was there any challenge? Were you HAPPY? Was it a fun experience?

How did you feel when you arrived your destination?

Let us know how it was.
It was on the 31st December 2011 when I travelled to the UK it was like a dream to me �.on arrival ,my cousin came to Newcastle airport to pick me so on our way he got some snacks for me he dropped me at home and left for work.when i was alone in the house thsts how I was looking through the window and smiling like an idiot I was like chaii see obodo Oyibo o.for like three days I couldn't eat .......to be continued

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by SweetCunt97(f): 9:16pm On Mar 03, 2020
sholay2011:
My first time was when I travelled to Canada in Sept 2015 (and haven't returned yet!). I am not counting my school's field trip to Benin Republic, Shonghai farms. It was like a dream to me because I left Nigeria to further my studies and I had NOBODY where I was going. Just sorted my accommodation online and travelled alone for about 27 hours. Nobody came to receive me from the airport or anything. That was when I truly felt my destiny as much as in God's hands is also now in my hands, not my parent's hands or anything. I grew up quickly within days. grin

It was after three days I missed home and cried. grin

I could b your friend, then you help me japa as things get better grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Inferno001(m): 9:17pm On Mar 03, 2020
Mine was a very good and humbling experience..had mixed feelings before I left...immediately I got my visa, I started having this very different feeling in my body sha.. on the day of my trip, my wife who then was still my babe wasn't able to bear it because that was the first time in 3yrs I'll be away from her for longer than a week...got to the airport and it dawned on both of us that it was really gonna happen..she started crying and it got to me and I shed tears also..made promises and we kissed goodbye...immediately I got into the plane, the air automatically became different o.lol...I got to my destination and I immediately realized I was a bush Man o..everything looked new to me even if I had seen them before or at least had ideas of them...things were so orderly and well arranged...the airport was so beautiful...got out after clearance and for the first Time I saw luxurious cars as taxis and wasted my money to enter one o instead of the regular cars sef..got to my apartment and called my girl and told her how it was...was there for 14months and it was a new experience of peace, constant electricity, good roads and obedience to traffic..generally it humbled me to know that it doesn't hurt to follow rules and ever since i got back, wearing of seat belts and obeying traffic stuck with me...was a very beautiful experience..

100 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by bankulizer: 9:19pm On Mar 03, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.