Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:49 AM

How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? (73862 Views)

Meet 22-Year-Old Lexie Alford Who Has Travelled To Every Country In The World / How I Travelled Through 3 Countries With A N15,000 Budget! / "See What Somebody Did To Me" - Nigerian Man Who Travelled To Europe. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by charlesELIKIBA: 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
i felt like i was in heaven...

...the silence and the cold winds.
the views upon landing...the night lights.

travelling outside Nigeria, Africa is an experience everyone must experience otherwise you have lived a half life.

living in Nigeria you feel this is it, e nor pass like this UNTIL YOU FLY OVERSEAS, A NEW JOURNEY JUST BEGINS ITSELF

13 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
u will feel a breath of fresh air when u leave naija cheesy
beautiful weather ,beautiful women
and no power outage grin
the only thing i am missing here is just eba and egusi soup cheesy
chai, i just finished one

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mistaicey2288: 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
It was one of the best days of my life.. 3rd January 2017... Was a 13 hours Delta Airlines direct flight from Murtala Mohammed Intl Airport, Lagos to Hartsfield Jackson Intl Airport, Atlanta Georgia... Thanks to God for the Mercy..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by SmartyPants(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
UK at about the age of 22 for a visit. In high school, lots of my friends used to travel so I had built up this longing to visit the UK. Every moment from the point we entered UK airspace at about 5:30 am on a slightly drizzly day was special to me. i kept looking around, trying to see if I would feel any different, and I sort of did. The cold, the buildings, the food smelled great but tasted bland, played some football. Checking out the white girls. grin It was nice.

Loved every minute of it, including the return trip home.

19 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Kingspin(m): 9:20pm On Mar 03, 2020
I look back and realise my country Nigeria is a joke.

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Ykc2(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
hmm how does mexican food taste? cheesy..there some food here similar to naija food like rice,beans,tomatoes and these were the type of meals i was eating when in naija.the only things i dont get here are akara,egusi soup and pounded yam grin
tomatoes originated from Mexico, Portuguese brought cassava cocoa avocado from south America to nigeria

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Dizzyrascal(m): 9:22pm On Mar 03, 2020
I felt fine.... see JAMB question oooo
Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by manlawal(m): 9:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
i have not, but when i do very soon i will update this thread

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by wizod(m): 9:24pm On Mar 03, 2020
SCORPION1902:
The first day I traveled OUTSIDE the country to Ijebu Ode,

I felt like a king.

Cos over there,

Women don't wear

Pants
grin grin
indeed you will rule Nigeria, that's where ur type are relevant

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by olisaEze(m): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
I asked one girl the same thing, and she said to me "my dear I was too young to know. U see I’m from Edo state and we start flying at a young age!"

Psych!! grin grin grin

19 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:25pm On Mar 03, 2020
Potatochips:
It was exciting really. Before I boarded, some immigration officers wanted to play smart, thank God, I had all my docs with me. After entering the plane, I couldn't locate my seat, lol. I later did sha. When I arrived at my destination (a country in Europe), I was flabbergasted by the high number of white people around me. Shuo, no be small thing oh. The place was cold, beautiful and colorful all at the same time. It was like a dream. Totally different from Naija. But now I don't notice the difference anymore.
Hmmmm. You don't notice d differences anymore... Hmmm dere iz a fish inside dix ur story :/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Dangrace01: 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
DMerciful:
I felt wowed by what other countries have built and I was looking for people with two heads who built these infrastructures. I couldn't see any two-headed people and I wonder why our case was different. When I came back especially at MMA, I was depressed! Since then I have been to all the continents except Australia and South America. Currently in North America!

Wow. Oh God pick my call

3 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Damilola97(m): 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
It was soo nice the weather was very cold
Currently in the U.S

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Leopantro: 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
amazinghomez09:
It was on the 31st December 2011 when I travelled to the UK it was like a dream to me �.on arrival ,my cousin came to Newcastle airport to pick me so on our way he got some snacks for me he dropped me at home and left for work.when i was alone in the house thsts how I was looking through the window and smiling like an idiot I was like chaii see obodo Oyibo o.for like three days I couldn't eat .......to be continued

Lmaooooo
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Dreyton36: 9:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Its a wonderful experience really , especially when you're sponsoring yourself
I had so many thoughts on my head walahi
1. Na me sit down inside aeroplane so ?
2. Na me they use my money fly to obodo oyibo?
3. When will I see my family again?
4. I must not come back without Benz
When I landed omg , I realised that coronavirus cannot even kill us I Nigeria cuz we live in a bedgraggled environment in naija

Abroad sweet abeg, everywhere clean
Hit me up for your sure visas to all European countries
There's also a sure Canada visa application going on
No scam zone

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:28pm On Mar 03, 2020
iLegendd:
I said to myself, "Now I understand why these people are ahead and don't carry religion on their head, but technology."

The entire country was tiled and it looked like a paradise. Anyway, I cried when I recalled the type of dirty zinc I saw when the plane lifted at Lagos airport and the ones I saw in the new country.
Shame! Angry!
how can a whole country be tiled?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by rali123(f): 9:30pm On Mar 03, 2020
It was towards the end of the year for just 2weeks holiday in UK, it was really really cold unlike Nigeria hot weather(its a long time ago, not sure I can remember much of it).

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
The kain lie some people dey lie for here ehsmiley wink

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Ykc2(m): 9:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
The day I was coming back from Austria after living there for 6 years as the plane was landing I saw lagos street with street lights very beautiful is only when the plane was very close to touch the ground that I discovered that what I was calling street lights was actually cars and buses on lagos goslow,naija no fine from air biko,if yor see northern Nigeria from plane you will think your in somalia

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Eva165: 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
I refused to eat alots of meals and drink served in the plane, while the man seating right to me was busy taking red wine and other beverages,all my mind was at the destination am heading to.But during my second tripe hmmmm....i made sure drink every drinkable and even bought extra beer and wine hahahaha... But I used to be angry once am entering Nnamdi Azikiwe Airport Abuja bcuz everywhere will be full of dust and bushes..even when returning to nija last November I saw alots of cow when the flight was around 800 to 1000 feet above the ground... But it was really fun.How wish 60% of our youth can live nija to some European countries, I swear if they all come back to nija they will all be ready to fight bad leadership that is eating the country up.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Mikeparlo12(m): 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
So I travelled to the US for the first time Via turkey. When I was at MM airport one of the security personnel actually walked up to me and I guess she saw the excitement on my face. She asked "I can see how happy you are". Who wouldn't be happy. Prior to the trip I didn't sleep for 2 days just praying for the time to run faster��

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Victornezzar: 9:32pm On Mar 03, 2020
lefulefu:
u will feel a breath of fresh air when u leave naija cheesy
beautiful weather ,beautiful women
and no power outage grin
the only thing i am missing here is just eba and egusi soup cheesy
Egbon where u dey

2 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kingsolomon2020(m): 9:33pm On Mar 03, 2020
angry grin grin
gift2xl:
Just here to read comments, because I never go Lagos not to talk of abroad.

1 Like

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kelvinovie25(m): 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
When I travel abroad I felt ......

Will modify the post when I finally arrive

12 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Farki: 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
Cold, I swear guys nothing can prepare you for how cold the UK is. Then I was astounded by the constant bright lights that never went out, clean environment, sane drivers and the smell of fast food and cigarettes in the air. Like everything just works you know.

The TV there was also better than at home, all the stations were in season 3 while Nigeria was in season 1.

White people can look so strange up close, even today I tend to stare and get anxious around white people like I'm in danger or something. But they are friendly, sometimes too friendly.

I was also glad that most people could finally understand me when I talk. grin

The plane ride was also fun, the part I always look forward to when travelling. cheesy

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Lalas247(f): 9:36pm On Mar 03, 2020
Kingspin:
I look back and realise my country Nigeria is a joke.
No lies told grin

4 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Williamsesco(m): 9:37pm On Mar 03, 2020
Make i talk my mind as all of una wen don travel out of naija... Congratulation to all of una.. Una don better

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Lalas247(f): 9:38pm On Mar 03, 2020
rali123:
It was towards the end of the year for just 2weeks holiday in UK, it was really really cold unlike Nigeria hot weather(its a long time ago, not sure I can remember much of it).
Liar spotted grin

7 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Illusioneffect(m): 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
Eva165:
How I wish 60% of our youth can live nija to some European countries, I swear if they all come back to nija they will all be ready to fight bad leadership that is eating the country up.
If they ever returnwink

9 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Ndipe(m): 9:39pm On Mar 03, 2020
Wasnt tripped by it, fell below my expectations when I first arrived in DC from Nigeria. I was hoping to see streets paved with gold.

5 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by kingsolomon2020(m): 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
I still dey chill for lagos, my first interview attempt at american embassy was so dissapointing(those consular strict mehn)
and ever since then av never made any other trial. I just dey do my hustle jeje for naija. No be by force to travel abroad so far u are doin well..oooinnnn

6 Likes

Re: How Did You Feel The First Day You Travelled Abroad? by Comedian2019: 9:40pm On Mar 03, 2020
, tell us how you felt grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Free Lagos-ibadan Train Rides Record 6 Passengers In 2 Trips (pic) / Man Drives Out A Burning SUV From A Fire Scene In Lagos (Photos) / UAE cancels Three months tourist visa for Nigerian Passport Holders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.